Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

Oh look the PVP community is acting like they're the only thing holding this game together again :rolleyes:

You really should have realized this game would focus more on PVE content when it was so heavily focused on story.

Problem is it's not just the PvP community. I don't pretend to speak for anyone, but both myself and my group are into PvP AND PvE in a big way. We read the dev preview note... all the text messages were the same: :|

Edited by VainEldritch

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't you tell us? That's not a rhetorical question. I want to know why you can't tell us. And if you can't tell us why you can't tell us, give us the why for that. I think more transparency would go a really long way.

It's four months away? Really we haven't even gotten the real info of whats coming in two weeks or in 2.3, and folks really think they are going to say everything about 2.4 which is another 4+ months away? And even if they did say anything, for every week we are going to hear nothing but "GIVE US MORE INFOZ ABOUT 2.4!!!"

• Dev Post
In the midst of all the flak you're getting, I'm just like to point out how much I appreciate these types of "road maps" when provided by developers. It's very brave, it's very transparent, and it's very encouraging. Yes, you're going to get a little flamed on the forums if the content isn't exactly when a particular player wants, and yes, you're going to get even more if you miss those tentative dates, but just know that there is at least one player out there that absolutely loves the effort being shown and the forthrightness with your future plans.

Thank you.

Thanks CelCawdro. Folks are just giving us flak because they care about their game – we appreciate their passion and would rather have that than the alternative. :) Now that I've uncorked our schedule here I've promised Eric to make time to post updates here on how we are progressing toward it. He’s promised to come kick me if I fail to do that. Transparency is only good if we keep it up, right?

Oh look the PVP community is acting like they're the only thing holding this game together again :rolleyes:

You really should have realized this game would focus more on PVE content when it was so heavily focused on story.

"Was" is the keyword :')

It's heavily focused on the cash shop now :p

Exactly right, Underworld will no longer be the highest tier of gear because there is better gear coming out with 2.2 from the Nightmare Operations. It’s also worth noting that Underworld schematics will require materials dropped only in Operations.

With a new tier to PvE will you also add new tier for PvPers? Or are PvPers going to be 3 tiers behind PvEers?

Exactly right, Underworld will no longer be the highest tier of gear because there is better gear coming out with 2.2 from the Nightmare Operations. It’s also worth noting that Underworld schematics will require materials dropped only in Operations.

New tier? Really? Do we NEED yet another tier of gear? Can we get some content please? Just enough to keep me content until Star Citizen is released maybe? :S

PvP players! I’d love to be able to tell you more about what’s coming in 2.4 and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer. To be clear on the scope of what I was hinting at, we are not going to get closer and just say ‘huzzah, a new Warzone!’ We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.

this still says nothing.

"larger PvP features". what does that mean? cross server? matchmaking and ladder system? you can tell us what is slated for the PvE update in 2.3, but cant even give a general outline of what to expect in 2.4?

i can tell you one thing about this summer. for me anyways, there is gonna be a lot less SWTOR in it.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Brave man...but really, if you're going to give so little information in some attempt to stop the backlash you're dealing with at the moment, this isn't going to do it. You're leaving pvp'ers out of the content loop for much too long, and some vague "big thing" down the road is really not going to do it, especially given the long history of over-hyping.

if "hardcore" PVPers really are that serious about leaving, i'd love to know how many stuck around after the 1.2 ranked WZ mishap... if youre still here after that, whats a few more months?

i agree with the sentiments, but they also need to develop a new PVP paradigm in the process. just having another map with rudimentary objectives to watch DPS/healing stats go through the roof is a little tired. people would get bored again in a week and start complaining.

Ok, explain this...

BW says nothing, people complain

BW says "here's our road map", people complain.

I for one I apprecciate extra "transparety" from Bioware.

Sure its not everything for everyone, but hey - the more info the better.

"Was" is the keyword :')

It's heavily focused on the cash shop now :p

Fair enough, still if you were coming into this game thinking that it was this groundbreaking PVP experience, you're really not looking hard enough, it's still far more focused on story even if the cash shop is also heavily promoted.

Fair enough, still if you were coming into this game thinking that it was this groundbreaking PVP experience, you're really not looking hard enough, it's still far more focused on story even if the cash shop is also heavily promoted.

Fully agree.

It's four months away? Really we haven't even gotten the real info of whats coming in two weeks or in 2.3, and folks really think they are going to say everything about 2.4 which is another 4+ months away? And even if they did say anything, for every week we are going to hear nothing but "GIVE US MORE INFOZ ABOUT 2.4!!!"
I think you misunderstand. I think they should tell us about 2.3 too. When you go to the movie theater, they routinely show previews for movies that are a year away or more. I think Google first teased project glass back in 2011. Heck, I remember reading about a prototype (I think it might have been Honda, but I'm honestly not sure) for a self-driving car back in 2005. I don't think they ARE going to say more about 2.4; I think they SHOULD say more about 2.4. plus, the more suspense they try to build, the more people are let down. if it's an awesome idea, people are going to get just as excited no matter how long you wait to tell them. but look at what happened here: they withheld details of 2.2, people developed huge expectations, and a not-all-that-bad update (especially when you factor in server transfers, which might be the single biggest request on these forums next to pvp stuff) became a massive letdown.

Thanks CelCawdro. Folks are just giving us flak because they care about their game – we appreciate their passion and would rather have that than the alternative. :) Now that I've uncorked our schedule here I've promised Eric to make time to post updates here on how we are progressing toward it. He’s promised to come kick me if I fail to do that. Transparency is only good if we keep it up, right?

Transparency is very important, and that is certainly appreciated.

Ok, explain this...

BW says nothing, people complain

BW says "here's our road map", people complain.

I for one I apprecciate extra "transparety" from Bioware.

Sure its not everything for everyone, but hey - the more info the better.

Saying nothing is bad. Saying the wrong thing is worse. For example: Bruce should never have even teased the PvP update at the bottom. It was outside the scope of the post. If he had said nothing, only a few PvPers would have complained.

Instead it is now an issue and the cat is out of the bag (and something involving a bottle and a genie, a box and pandora).

Edited by Korusus

Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know.

A nice change for sure....keep it up!

Right! *evil glare* ಠ_ಠ

J/K :D

o/\o

I hope it will require a fair amount of purple mats for each 31 mod, enhancement and armoring...and I mean more than two, four or six of them. IMO it would be nice if gearing up purely through the GTN was difficult/slow, so that people are more inclined to actually do operations.

How difficult can it be to design a new warzone.. I mean really.

Yeah, the people running this game need to step aside. This road map is embarrassing and shows that the subscriber expectations and what EA is willing to provide are grossly mismatched. I'm holding out some deep hope that BW/EA will start hiring some people and getting some stuff done. I really love this game. But its so very painful how massively long everything takes to get done.

Here's some ideas for PVP in the meanwhile:

1) Fix spider healing in regs PVP - this is an emergency situation.

2) Separate out premade queue from solo queue.

3) New Huttball Map(s)

4) Remove speeders again in CW.

5) More dailies, weeklies and fluff off the vendors.

6) Ability to pick your maps.

7) New general warzone maps.

8) Some kind of regular, recurring blog about PVP, balance and tweaks. There should be minor tweaks on a bi-weekly basis, not major revamps every 6 months that throw everything upside down and stay broken for months and months (bubblestun, broken healing is getting there).

Edited by dcgregorya

Sorry to disagree with some of you guys but I think this is great. This is MILES better than how it was in the past.

Saying nothing is bad. Saying the wrong thing is worse. For example: Bruce should never have even teased the PvP update at the bottom. It was outside the scope of the post. If he had said nothing, only a few PvPers would have complained.

I'm pretty sure the same people would complain, except instead of complaining that they have to wait until 2.4 they'd be saying that there will be no pvp updates coming at all.

I hope it will require a fair amount of purple mats for each 31 mod, enhancement and armoring...and I mean more than two, four or six of them. IMO it would be nice if gearing up purely through the GTN was difficult/slow, so that people are more inclined to actually do operations.

What I am wondering is whether there will be a new type of material for the new gear, or will the use the ones that drop in FPs and Operations currently (I'm guessing the former and not the latter).

PvP players! I’d love to be able to tell you more about what’s coming in 2.4 and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer. To be clear on the scope of what I was hinting at, we are not going to get closer and just say ‘huzzah, a new Warzone!’ We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.

As many said, the problem is that 2.4 isn't slated for a while which makes the PvPer's wonder why they should keep resubbing for now.

If you told me that there's no new raid content (even NiM modes) for the next 3-4 months I would just unsub in a couple weeks after I'm BiS as there's little reason to pay a sub for that.

Honestly though, with the fact that a real, new operation isn't even mentioned for the next 3-4 months it makes me question whether I want to keep subbing to pay to play the same operations I've already done for the last few months since TFB originally came out.

As many said, the problem is that 2.4 isn't slated for a while which makes the PvPer's wonder why they should keep resubbing for now.

If you told me that there's no new raid content (even NiM modes) for the next 3-4 months I would just unsub in a couple weeks after I'm BiS as there's little reason to pay a sub for that.

Honestly though, with the fact that a real, new operation isn't even mentioned for the next 3-4 months it makes me question whether I want to keep subbing to pay to play the same operations I've already done for the last few months since TFB originally came out.

EDIT: nvm. misread Edited by schmel

No we're giving you flak because we pay money each month and are getting less and less content (PVE and PVP) and more and more Cartel Coin stuff.

So from February (1.7 – the Gree event) through to August(2.3)- 6 months all my subscription will have got me content wise was.

Gree Event

Scum and Villany Op ( and i had to buy makeb for this beauty)

TFB nightmare mode.

is indefensible