Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

PvP players! I’d love to be able to tell you more about what’s coming in 2.4 and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer. To be clear on the scope of what I was hinting at, we are not going to get closer and just say ‘huzzah, a new Warzone!’ We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.

To little to late

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

since its all pipelines dreams and subject to change , why not give us a morsel of information about the super secret space project? perhaps that will keep us at bay for a couple weeks. :rak_02: , BEWARE , the community is hungry and crazy, either steal EricMusco thick skin or let him ghost write for you, either way thats your only chance for survival. :eek:

PvP players! I’d love to be able to tell you more about what’s coming in 2.4 and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer. To be clear on the scope of what I was hinting at, we are not going to get closer and just say ‘huzzah, a new Warzone!’ We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.

Why even bring this up?

Cool, thanks for giving us what information you can. I think for a lot of people 2.4 just seems so far away, when it's been so long since the last pvp update has come. I hope you can share more details with us in the near future.

when you get closer there will be no one left to share the details

Thanks for this.

People are upset atm and won't appreciate you posting it but when things cool down it's nice to know the pvp experience in this game is getting some long overdue diversification.

basically you didnt say anything now.

i am just curious why is it good for BW to loose money.... 50% of hardcore pvpv community will cancel their subs.

good job, once again.....

We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.

When this happens, will you end the practice of putting PvE mission objectives in PvP zones?

Thanks for hanging in there, providing more info, and generally not head-exploding.

I am glad to see that the concerns that PVP players do have are not getting ignored. Despite what others may say I think all types of players are important...and my guess would be you do as well.

....sure wouldnt mind if you took a peek at the links in my sig btw......

[runs out of the room after shameless self promotion]

Edited by LordArtemis

This really doesn't provide any information.

I just don't understand. As a pure PVP sub, I came into todays 'big news' with new hope and anticipation of the future of pvp in SWTOR and left feeling almost certain my love affair with SWTOR is over. To say this 'news' was disappointing would be a monumental understatement. Do they not understand PVP kept this game afloat last year? Why have we been neglected to death since f2p? By the time 2.4 comes, it will be too late. You released a freakin expansion with NOTHING for pvp players (NOT EVEN NEW VALOR RANKS, that takes like 30 minutes to program in) and then tell us to wait almost a year after it releases for content we should have had to launch the expansion.

At this point I think a lot of people would prefer huzzah a new warzone. Anything is better than nothing. I'm sure getting cross server rateds and a leaderboard system takes time and effort, but in the meantime a reskinned huttball would be nice. Throw PvP a bone, and I don't mean bolster.

Yea, this doesn't really work for a lot of people, because you guys were quoted in say that 2.3 would be for pvp. Now it's 2.4 apparently. How long does it honestly take to balance the ridiculousness we have now, even though we have been complaining about new pvp maps since before 2.0.

Brave man...but really, if you're going to give so little information in some attempt to stop the backlash you're dealing with at the moment, this isn't going to do it. You're leaving pvp'ers out of the content loop for much too long, and some vague "big thing" down the road is really not going to do it, especially given the long history of over-hyping.

Nice words Bruce, the problem is that most players I've spoken too - PvP or not - are deeply underwhelmed by this patch.

New FlashpointS...plural...so we're getting Titans of Industry and The Imperial Warlord simultaneously?

Personally, I'm quite excited, can't wait to 2.3.

Though it does seem like the PvP players have a valid reason to complain.

I hope you're right.

OR

We're getting Collicoid Wargames and Red Reaper 55 HM's :p

Maybe one of each?

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Why can't you tell us? That's not a rhetorical question. I want to know why you can't tell us. And if you can't tell us why you can't tell us, give us the why for that. I think more transparency would go a really long way.

To little to late.... im off for new games

i love gamer posts like this. total infant tactics of a passive tantrum against their parent.

"i'll show you mommy. (i secretly want to stay deep down. i'll also quit the "new games" and throw tantrums at their devs too.)"

Oh look the PVP community is acting like they're the only thing holding this game together again :rolleyes:

You really should have realized this game would focus more on PVE content when it was so heavily focused on story.

Well, it looks like there really isn't no point to subcribing to this game right now. Just go F2P and level those class stories you haven't allready and cya when you actually add something more to level 55 players.

• Dev Post
New tier coming out with Nightmare TFB i think so it's understandable that 2nd tiers gears are craftable.

Exactly right, Underworld will no longer be the highest tier of gear because there is better gear coming out with 2.2 from the Nightmare Operations. It’s also worth noting that Underworld schematics will require materials dropped only in Operations.

Will there be anything new to space combat in 1 of those patches ? new gear or a greater use of the meaningless fleet comms ?

better rewards or new missions ?

doing space combat right now is just a waste of time.