One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

CommanderKeeva

I can't belive they implemented Achievement system that is not working.

I also can't belive they are able to add new planets and daily areas to the game, but it is impossible for them to fix few lore objects/entries or add 3 beast lore on Ilum.

Mind blown.

Today I god my Galactic Explorer title. I had to explore Makeb twice to get this, since it's bugged on Republic side. Now I want to get Loremaster and Beastmaster titles, but it's just impossible. This IS game breaking.

Edited by Apophis_

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't belive they implemented Achievement system that is not working.

I also can't belive they are able to add new planets and daily areas to the game, but it is impossible for them to fix few lore objects/entries or add 3 beast lore on Ilum.

Mind blown.

Today I god my Galactic Explorer title. I had to explore Makeb twice to get this, since it's bugged on Republic side. Now I want to get Loremaster and Beastmaster titles, but it's just impossible. This IS game breaking.

I explored it on my Jedi Knight and got the achievement. Perhaps it is a new bug?

I have the Sand Demon on Tatooine, as well as beastmaster of Tatooine achievements. I also have Balmorra completeled,. No idea where I got them, but presumably it's googlable, certainly not unachievable. The only problem with Beastmaster I have is getting Illum done.

I have the Sand Demon on Tatooine, as well as beastmaster of Tatooine achievements. I also have Balmorra completeled,. No idea where I got them, but presumably it's googlable, certainly not unachievable. The only problem with Beastmaster I have is getting Illum done.

You can acquire the beastmaster of Tatooine without any problems if you're a Jedi Knight. The Sand Demon is located inside a JK phase. Alternatively, you can team up with JKs and go into their instance to kill it.

Same goes for Balmorra, the Mutated Colicoids needed to kill for the entries are located on a ridge only Sith Inquisitors may access after leaving a SI phase. By teaming up with SIs, any player can go there and kill the required mobs.

Neither of these two are bugged in the sense of being unachievable, but in the sense that people have to go out of their way and resort to gimmicky tactics involving certain classes to get them. I will keep these listed until Bioware adds a way to kill both without having to go into class-specific instances.

Mine says 5/5 because a CS agent unlocked "Sullustan" for me a while back, so it might be a class-specific bug within a bug.

I've just checked my Consular, Smuggler and Trooper characters. All have 6 species entries now for Coruscant planet, of which only 4 can be obtained normally. Sullustan entry is bugged and now there is another unknown entry added.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Seems like one Bestiary entry was added to Quesh. All 3 characters now have 4/5 entries for Quesh, while swtor-spy has only 4 entries listed. And I can't find any reports about unobtainable Beast entry on Quesh.

Any confirmation for this fact from other players?

P.S. I can upload screenshots and provide links to show those seemingly newly added entries.

I've just checked my Consular, Smuggler and Trooper characters. All have 6 species entries now for Coruscant planet, of which only 4 can be obtained normally. Sullustan entry is bugged and now there is another unknown entry added.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Seems like one Bestiary entry was added to Quesh. All 3 characters now have 4/5 entries for Quesh, while swtor-spy has only 4 entries listed. And I can't find any reports about unobtainable Beast entry on Quesh.

Any confirmation for this fact from other players?

P.S. I can upload screenshots and provide links to show those seemingly newly added entries.

Indeed I noticed the extra Bestiary entry on Quesh as well, but that's likely another random bug. Nothing related to the Codex would surprise me at this point, maybe except if it worked properly.

I just checked my Coruscant Species again, it still says 5/5.

I just checked my Coruscant Species again, it still says 5/5.

Interesting. I've just checked the list of Coruscant codices and I found this comment right below the list:

Comment by Tim cook made on September 22, 2013 at 4:54 am

Got Species “Advozse” when I killed one in Old Galactic Market map. I am smuggler. Mini-map coords x2595,y1189.

Will go investigate this further.

P.S. Yes, killed the first hostile Advozse there and received "Advozse" codex entry. Sweet!

Perhaps some random beast now gives an entry on Quesh. I wonder which, though. I don't remember coming across any beasts other than lobels, that feline-like creatures, havraps and harvorisks .

It might be a wrong place to ask but I noticed that swtor-spy haven't updated their database since 2.3 patch (Titans of Industry), and with the lacks of knowledge on Oricon's codex. Are there any codex hunters that would like to share latest lore object/codex information and coordination or how to obtain here? :)

Thank you very much.

2.3 not have codex fix too

i think because its content patch

new info about codex can see here

http://www.torhead.com/codices/catg/1

it include new codex - but unf no have screenshot and coordinate - only codex with text

but maybe it help

exmpl

"the Eternal Warrior" - You earned this title by defeating the Hateful Entity (i know guild severity gaming defeat it- http://www.twitch.tv/thinmintz/b/464751780)

It might be a wrong place to ask but I noticed that swtor-spy haven't updated their database since 2.3 patch (Titans of Industry), and with the lacks of knowledge on Oricon's codex. Are there any codex hunters that would like to share latest lore object/codex information and coordination or how to obtain here? :)

Thank you very much.

Dulfy has a guide for Oricon loremaster as well as several youtube videos uploaded by various people. But you can use this:

http://dulfy.net/2013/10/02/swtor-loremaster-of-oricon-guide/

After my search on xLetalis's site, and from Oricon walkthrough on youtube. I've got the feeling there are more lore objects on the planet even though most are already in Duffy's information list, and they are obtainable for both faction. There are two more codex on "Person of Note" section , concerned with the quest giver in the Empire and Republic storyline, one for each faction, but that was great help, thank you very much. :D Edited by shamfurdispray

After my search on xLetalis's site, and from Oricon walkthrough on youtube. I've got the feeling there are more lore objects on the planet even though most are already in Duffy's information list, and they are obtainable for both faction. There are two more codex on "Person of Note" section , concerned with the quest giver in the Empire and Republic storyline, one for each faction, but that was great help, thank you very much. :D

Yeah, the guide probably doesn't mention Sergeant Trila and Lord Hargrev because you get them right away after landing on Oricon and talking to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bioware,

We appreciate that you have begun to tackle the Codex.

But:

Codex *and* achievements must be addressed, or you should remove the codex if it's unfixable and focus on the legacy Achievements system instead.

As it stands currently, YOU HAVE CREATED A GAME WITH ACHIEVEMENTS THAT CANNOT BE OBTAINED.

THIS AFFECTS GAMEPLAY, and I still resent the previous comments from Bioware indicating that it doesn't.

If it's unfixable, START OVER FROM SCRATCH, or focus on achievements instead.

WE ARE YOUR SUBSCRIBERS AND CARTEL PACK BUYERS.

UPDATE: 2013.10.29.

Two new Codex entries fixed:

- "Titles: Imperial Scholar" for finishing the quest {[HEROIC 2+: The Hate Machine]}

- "Bestiary: Asharl Panter" for killing the Asharl Panther Combat Specimen on Ilum during the Gree Event (only obtainable during the next Gree Event because outside the event, the Western Ice Shelf is devoid of enemies)

Edited by CommanderKeeva

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! - Please update the master list to note this fix for Republic players:

Codex: Tatooine: Lore: History of Tatooine

A billboard on Anchorhead, just above your head. Look up at these coordinates: X 1676, Y -3425, Z 455

Edited by freek_ish

The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.

"The Achievement to defeat Annihilator 6K-A2 in the Colicoid Wargames Flashpoint will now be correctly granted."

This is false. The bug still persists. Three times I have beaten this guy and 3 times over the span of months has my codex no longer update him. How hard is it to just throw the codex entry trigger at the beginning of the match instead?

:mad:

Bioware,

We appreciate that you have begun to tackle the Codex.

But:

Codex *and* achievements must be addressed, or you should remove the codex if it's unfixable and focus on the legacy Achievements system instead.

As it stands currently, YOU HAVE CREATED A GAME WITH ACHIEVEMENTS THAT CANNOT BE OBTAINED.

THIS AFFECTS GAMEPLAY, and I still resent the previous comments from Bioware indicating that it doesn't.

If it's unfixable, START OVER FROM SCRATCH, or focus on achievements instead.

WE ARE YOUR SUBSCRIBERS AND CARTEL PACK BUYERS.

Yes its obvious this system needs to be removed and replaced from the ground up. Its pathetic to put band-aids on something that was broken to begin with. Cut this crap out of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
The bogwing entry under Beastmaster of Ilum can be completed on Belsavis. Travel from the Republic starting point to the Imp starting point in the minimum security section (or vice versa), staying off the roads. Along the way, you will see scattered, yellow mobs of "Young Bogwing"s. Killing one will grant the codex and update the achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

In order to bump this, I will add that all the time I read about the codex here, I picture some desperate new guys at BW who were hired last year after the big layoffs and when they started they naturally assumed everything would work. Then they check the boards and see all the complaints. They think what'n the.., check it out themselves and can't stop shaking their heads in disbelieve, thinking oh gosh, how shall we fix this, this is a total mess, what did these original coders do? Were they drunk? And then they try to get some workarounds done for the mess which they probably know have a 50:50 chance of success. :o

So, every time I see a minor codex fix or suddenly stumble upon a new codex like recently on Nar Shaddaa, I am really thankful. And hope that they keep up the work as fast as possible until the codex works 100%. For me, this is the best part of the game. I am an explorer. :)

The bogwing entry under Beastmaster of Ilum can be completed on Belsavis. Travel from the Republic starting point to the Imp starting point in the minimum security section (or vice versa), staying off the roads. Along the way, you will see scattered, yellow mobs of "Young Bogwing"s. Killing one will grant the codex and update the achievement.

Indeed, thanks for sharing that.

• 3 weeks later...