One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

CommanderKeeva

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.

I sit here having read that with my mouth hitting the floor. Why oh why are they not standardised commented/documented code? What each one points at should be relatively easy to understand unless the original programmers really went to town on making it something only *they* could update.

Sounds like someone needs to hit the code and write up a replacement bit of background code if what's currently there is that bad. At the very least hit each one with a template code layout and see what each one is missing/has extra in relation to each other, then list out the ones that actually work and go from there.

How is that difficult... time consuming maybe... if the original code is truly that bad.... but it shouldn't be that hard to actually *do*. Hmm I wonder if there is someone being obstructive in the office ("It's my/our baby, hands off!!").

Hmm.

You list the Terentatek as being the only Beastiary bug on Tython. Have they finally fixed the fact that though the Wingmaw is listed under Tython you can only actually trigger it on a completely different planet?

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant post like that deserves more than foot-dragging "oh, i don't know, we'll look into it maybe some time in 2020, when we're bored enough" kind of answer. Your codex is fubar from day one. This game is how old now? Exactly.

I wish we would for once get a definitive answer for anything, i know we won't, since it's not their "policy" to give a straight answer, but on something that's been broken since the game launched, i really think it's overdue.

As is the fix of this mess.

I can't believe this. A feature of this game, being significantly bugged since Day 1, is still significantly bugged, to the point of also breaking the Achievement system.

Bioware has nothing to be proud of here. It's a shame to all coders.

I go to Dromond Kass and find *several* entries, even just on that planet, bugged. One from Hutta seems to still require going to Nar Shaddaa, which also makes no sense and should be relocated.

Yeeesh.

EDIT: I'm spreading this far and wide, even to my game dev contacts on social networks. This kind of thing is disgraceful.

Edited by Maeloda

Did you read the Patch Notes ?

Yep. None of them affect my broken codex entries. They're *all* other ones. My words were written after reading the patch notes, and seeing them even hide away achievements or put them into a 'lost knowledge' category (lol).

Well, I'm undecided ... I'm at least glad that some entries aren't needed anymore to make a planet collection of entries complete ...

This change shouldn't have been needed in the first place. It's another mark on their systems. I'm soon spreading this to any game dev that I know, if only to get some insight on how such a feature can be so borked for so long without any significant fixes - not rough patch-jobs, but fixes.

Edited by Maeloda

Title Hero of the Gorint Canyon is not bugged anymore. In one previous patch it was unbugged.I have this title with my Jedi Sentinel. Try to get this title by finish one H4 (I dont remember the mission)

[HEROIC 4] Mandalorian Terror (Republic)

I have noticed Coruscant has one more species entry added at some point this year. I remember having 4/5 score in species entries for that planet, but now it's 4/6, yet database websites all list only 5 entries (4 obtainable, the 5th is the known bugged Sullustan entry).

Did anyone else notice that?

Edited by Ceyvel

I have noticed Coruscant has one more species entry added at some point this year. I remember having 4/5 score in species entries for that planet, but now it's 4/6, yet database websites all list only 5 entries (4 obtainable, the 5th is the known bugged Sullustan entry).

Did anyone else notice that?

Mine says 5/5 because a CS agent unlocked "Sullustan" for me a while back, so it might be a class-specific bug within a bug.

Also, update from Customer Service on the status of unlocking individual entries:

Apparently, they're not doing that anymore, even though I'm only missing one entry (Rakghoul Disease - Empire) to get the Galactic Loremaster achievement. They are claiming that they stopped unlocking entries for individual people, instead, we should wait for fixes, which they "hope" will come someday. Apperently, while realizing that it's a fairly large issue for some people, it's not "game breaking" so it's pretty far down the priority list. The CS agent I talked to said that they will definitely try to get around to fixing the Codex someday, they're just not sure when they will have the manpower to do so with so many other, more important bugs to fix.

Also, it's nice to have Makeb finally included in the planetary list after 6 months, but it's still bugged and doesn't show the status of the entries collected there.

Also, the newly introduced "Lost Knowledge" category is bugged as well. While most of the bugged titles were moved there,Several titles they claimed to have moved e.g. "Conqueror of Corellia"; "Primeval Explorer"; "Imperial Scholar" still show up as missing entries under Corellia, Tatooine and Korriban, respectively.

It seems they cannot fix old bugs in the Codex without creating new bugs.

I was going thru my codex and was also checking SW:TOR-Spy and knowticed you don't have the Revanites listed under Dromund Kaas. For species under Hutta I can not find Evocii or the Ugnaughts on my sorcerer. Do you have a location for these working or was it just a clerical error? Edited by Zohkar

I was going thru my codex and was also checking SW:TOR-Spy and knowticed you don't have the Revanites listed under Dromund Kaas. For species under Hutta I can not find Evocii or the Ugnaughts on my sorcerer. Do you have a location for these working or was it just a clerical error?

Thanks for checking that! "Organizations: Revanites" is indeed bugged and I'm pretty sure it was added there at some point but then I probably mistakenly deleted it. Anyways, it's back there again.

As for "Species: Evocii" and "Species: Ugnaught", you are correct about that too. Sadly, at the moment, they are tied to quests exclusive to Bounty Hunters and Agents, which means that Warriors and Inquisitors cannot obtain them. The same way, Agents and Bounty Hunters cannot obtain "Species: Abyssin" and "Species: Sith Pureblood" on Korriban. I added this to my list as well, thanks again, and if you have any further observations, bugged entries for any class, please let me know.

CODEX UPDATE: 9/17/2013; Patch 2.3.3:

Aside from minor picture fixes, only one bugged Codex entry was made available this round:

The Invasion of Balmorra (Republic) is now obtainable for Republic players. It's located on a terminal just inside the Balmorran Arms Factory.

Which means that Loremaster of Balmorra (Republic) is finally obtainable! We just got one step closer to Galactic Loremaster.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

What I have knowticed is if I total up my codex entries per category, 717 it's like 5 short from the total it's posting of 722 out of 931. Since yesterday the max total I could get was 923, 8 more entrees have been added to the game for us to look for. Makeb now actually shows for me (sorcerer) 26 to find and since I know I have gotten the two planet datacrons, those two are still bugged and leaves me with a person of note (The Avesta family). Gonna run Kaon HM today see if that has been fixed because it is all I lack for the meta achievement for hard mode flashpoints.