Really now a days why can't soloers get end game comms from ...

gabarooni

The point is there is no reason to have gear as a solo player..I don't raid to get gear for the sake of new gear, I raid to get gear so I can do harder raids and have fun doing so...

So if the raids didn't provide the best in slot gear you would still do them with the same level of interest?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lame excuse. Gear is the only way to progress your toon at endgame. Soloers don't want to just stop and wait for an expansion. God forbid people had a choice between how they wanted to advance. Raiders are so insecure about their gear they think that if people arent FORCED to raid no one will.

No, it's called reward for risk and has always existed in MMO's. Top tier gear is achieved only by doing top tier content. If you are a solo player, you can get it by amassing massive amounts of credits and buying crafted top tier mods, plates and enhancements. Otherwise, stop being anti-social in an MMO and go out and do what you have to do to get the gear.

I think solo players should be able to get the good gear. It should be much slower and be limited by dailys/weeklys. However they should be able to get it, I play occasionaly I like solo play and some group play so I do want to eun lv 55 HM and opps but I also like solo play. Probablem is solo play is worthless for gear progression.

Your wish is granted.

Solo players can solo missions that earn them Elite and Ultimate Commentations. If they want to step out of the solo bubble and do a flashpoint a day, they can dramatically increase the rate at which they earn Elite commendations. Ultimate Commendations are slow.

Elite commendations, when you get enough of them, give you gear with L69 purple mods in them.

If you cannot solo ROFLSTOMP any content in the game that is Heroic-2 or less in that gear, you need to go play My Little Pony and stop worrying about your gear.

If you want to solo ROFLSTOMP Heroic-4 content... learn what the "4" means.

Edited by DarthTHC

I love star wars but im getting ready to unsub (again) cause I have Nothing worthwhile to do at endgame. I want to keep being able to upgrade and progress my toon until the next expansion comes out but I don't want to be Forced to raid. Im a husband and a father I can't stand having my game time and experience be dependent on other players and I don't want to be glued to the computer chair for hours on end.

I know im not alone on this but unfortunatly most forum responders are raiders.

You are playing the wrong game.

I love star wars but im getting ready to unsub (again) cause I have Nothing worthwhile to do at endgame. I want to keep being able to upgrade and progress my toon until the next expansion comes out but I don't want to be Forced to raid. Im a husband and a father I can't stand having my game time and experience be dependent on other players and I don't want to be glued to the computer chair for hours on end.

what you want is gear that is gained though group content handed to you... sorry but you are the root of teh problem with MMOs today... you do not want to earn anything you simply want it handed to you.

Raid gear is for raider if you are not a raider then the gear is not something you need to have.

So what's the point of doing the top HM operation then?

It's a threadmill, and that threadmill is badly missing from non-group content.

you do know MMOs are not solo games right? do you know what MMORPG stands for? i'll give you a hit none of the letters stand for solo.

^THIS^ (but not the unsub)

Some of you talk about if you aren't raiding you don't "need" it. While this is strictly true, it fails to take in account the lack of PvE carrot for people who solo (or duo like myself). When I have all the best I can get but know there is more - you think that wouldn't bother you? What harm would come from a few (very few) endgame Comms being obtainable for non raiders? Let it take eons to farm the Comms to get the gear, I don't care about that. But to know that I am still making progress... That is what will bring me back for more. (And before anyone goes there I have 10 characters, 8 are 50+), why? Because as I slowing grind out what end game gear I can get, I get bored. You want more content, I want more too.

^THIS^ (but not the unsub)

Some of you talk about if you aren't raiding you don't "need" it. While this is strictly true, it fails to take in account the lack of PvE carrot for people who solo (or duo like myself). When I have all the best I can get but know there is more - you think that wouldn't bother you? What harm would come from a few (very few) endgame Comms being obtainable for non raiders? Let it take eons to farm the Comms to get the gear, I don't care about that. But to know that I am still making progress... That is what will bring me back for more. (And before anyone goes there I have 10 characters, 8 are 50+), why? Because as I slowing grind out what end game gear I can get, I get bored. You want more content, I want more too.

I haven't stepped foot inside a raid on my 55 Shadow Tank. My 55 Shadow Tank has 48 Ultimate commendations, plus currently 117 Elite Commendations and almost all her gear has L69 purples in it.

That character can own any PvE content in the game that is under H-4. Dailies that aren't H-2 bore me because I can pretty much ignore anything they throw at me.

So you can do all that without setting foot in a raid.

What more do you want?

In a giant online role playing game I should only have One thing to do at endgame to progress my toon?

Yes, when you refuse to do the two other options open to you. MMOs are clearly not your type of game. There's tons of great RPGs out there to play, i'll list some for you; KoToR (my personal fav, dont bother with the second one, it's *****) Fable (1 & 2, haven't played the third) TES: Morrowind, Baldurs gate (Never played the second one but I hear it's good) Bioshock (not an RPG but the developers tried pass it off as one so I snuck it in) Dragon age 1 & 2 (second one got alot of hate but I enjoyed it) Diablo 1 & 2 ofc (third one is a crappy money grab, avoid it at all costs) Jade empire (never played myself but I watched a mate play alot of it, looks fun, not sure if it's avaible on PC) Fallout 1 & 2 (Fallout 3 and FNV are FPS with a teeny tiny bit of RPG tossed in for good measure) Legend of Grimrock (awesome game, everyone here should try it) and Dishonored (it's really an action-stealth-RPG but it's so *********** good I added it anyways :D)

EDIT: Man I can't believe I forgot to add the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series! it's three amazing games that are really worth a playtrough.

Edited by goreblade

The problem here isnt raiding gear, its raiding itself. Raiding isnt exclusionary because of difficulty or content, its exclusionary because of logistics. Lots of "Solo" players run through end game flashpoints without doing anything more than dipping their toes in raiding waters. The primary reason is the time constrain it forces on you. Grouping with 8 people or 16 means requires a significant time commitment to just find a group. After that its another time barrier to get everyone ready to start. Then its another barrier to get everyone ready to continue. Then another time barrier to find a replacement when someone has to quit early. If you want to avoid that scenario you will need to join a Guild that raids, a guild that will require you be on at certain times. The good mechanics in raiding (Gear Progression, Difficulty that requires perfecting your class, and demanding teamwork) are wrapped up in broken game mechanics that simply drive away a large portion of the community.

"Solo" players quit MMOs because their is no progression at level cap. So what they need to do is make ALL OPS tuned to solo play. Make them a difficulty level higher than a Heroic 2 but all do-able solo only (Dont let people group), and make each successive operation scale in difficulty. Have each OP grant a piece of OP solo gear that sacrifices a small stat pool for presence bonuses that makes it equivalent in PVE content. Raiders will then regear for presence-less gear which keeps the treadmill running.

Its a win win scenario for all: people that want to raid will learn what to do in raids before hand, they will learn how to play their classes, the gearing treadmill will still exist, a larger pool or potential raiders will exists, there is a new huge source of content with minimal effort, and it makes creating raids more valuable as a development focus.

The problem here isnt raiding gear, its raiding itself. Raiding isnt exclusionary because of difficulty or content, its exclusionary because of logistics. Lots of "Solo" players run through end game flashpoints without doing anything more than dipping their toes in raiding waters. The primary reason is the time constrain it forces on you. Grouping with 8 people or 16 means requires a significant time commitment to just find a group. After that its another time barrier to get everyone ready to start. Then its another barrier to get everyone ready to continue. Then another time barrier to find a replacement when someone has to quit early. If you want to avoid that scenario you will need to join a Guild that raids, a guild that will require you be on at certain times. The good mechanics in raiding (Gear Progression, Difficulty that requires perfecting your class, and demanding teamwork) are wrapped up in broken game mechanics that simply drive away a large portion of the community.

"Solo" players quit MMOs because their is no progression at level cap. So what they need to do is make ALL OPS tuned to solo play. Make them a difficulty level higher than a Heroic 2 but all do-able solo only (Dont let people group), and make each successive operation scale in difficulty. Have each OP grant a piece of OP solo gear that sacrifices a small stat pool for presence bonuses that makes it equivalent in PVE content. Raiders will then regear for presence-less gear which keeps the treadmill running.

Its a win win scenario for all: people that want to raid will learn what to do in raids before hand, they will learn how to play their classes, the gearing treadmill will still exist, a larger pool or potential raiders will exists, there is a new huge source of content with minimal effort, and it makes creating raids more valuable as a development focus.

i actually proposed something like this several times during pre-beta.

what i proposed was a secondary path within the raid instance that would have the soloer drop shields, seal off barracks, and disable security alarms. any raid group that entered within a short time after the soloer had finished would have less trash to deal with or would have alternate paths through the raid instance.

Edited by Nagadeath

I haven't stepped foot inside a raid on my 55 Shadow Tank. My 55 Shadow Tank has 48 Ultimate commendations, plus currently 117 Elite Commendations and almost all her gear has L69 purples in it.

That character can own any PvE content in the game that is under H-4. Dailies that aren't H-2 bore me because I can pretty much ignore anything they throw at me.

So you can do all that without setting foot in a raid.

What more do you want?

What more does anyone want out of the game? More fun, more content, more gear (both stat wise and looks)... Etc

Not having to raid doesn't completely answer the issue. I personally log in very early (or late) I see the fleet mostly at as low as 10 to 50 on avg. sometimes it is just not possible with my free time to get a FP. Double if I'm on one of my DPSers. I craft, I PvP, I run the dailies, I go to bed. I'm not trying to say my issues are by any means the norm.

How would getting end game gear rather than whatever you get from heroics now make you be any more active. You'd do the heroics like you've always done, get the gear, and then what? This whole complant is illogical. Getting a different reward for the same quests doesn't lengthen gameplay.

Side note, you get the best gear for doing the raids because its the hardest content. And doing a raid one night with even a semi competent group would be quicker than doing all the dailies/heroics.

PvP is diffrent cause it's pvp. Endgame gear is classified as PvE gear which is more then just raiding. And I know im biased but I don't give a hell what pvpers get lol this is an RPG not a FPS.

What??? Pvping is just as common of a featuare as PVE. You realize FPS's have both of these as well? Infact there are more fps's out there that have only singleplayer than there are ones that have only multiplayer. I equate single player to pveing, if ya didn't get that.

I think there's players out there that like to solo and at the same time have that commutation with there friends and guild mates etc.. Why not get the comms from doing the dailies some people enjoy more doing solo dailies then doing Flashpoints. I know you get the basic comms from dailies but maybe theres a way you can get the elite comms doing solo dailies?

I think there's players out there that like to solo and at the same time have that commutation with there friends and guild mates etc.. Why not get the comms from doing the dailies some people enjoy more doing solo dailies then doing Flashpoints. I know you get the basic comms from dailies but maybe theres a way you can get the elite comms doing solo dailies?

I can only see that making the game less enjoyable. The gear is fore end game Raid content, the hard stuff. Wouldn't it just make the mobs in solo that much easier?

Also, there is TONS of gear out there. Itskinda ridiculous to want the few sets of gear you actually have to go up against a challenge with teammates for as well. Can't have everything just handed to you. Its like a spoiled who has access to everything but one thing, so of course wants that one thing. Not to mention it would make Ops pointless.

if you don't want to raid or do the endgame or group content then the only other things to do is 1. craft, 2 pvp, or 3. level more alts. you don't need the lvl 69 and lvl 72 gear/mods to do that and those are all things that are supported without raid gear.

I'm trying to understand this topic. You can get elite comms through solo content. You can also get Ultimate comms just by using group finder each week 3 times which is on the level of quick solo content. You just get these items considerably slower.

I wouldnt mine a separate comm system for crafters or for those that do space missions. You could even make it work for soloers. Just make it as involved as raiding. Give ultimate comms from crafting and space missions different bonuses related to there respective jobs. Crafting ultimate gear would give bonuses to critical crafting chances as well as boosts to companion crafting with a complete set. Space mission ultimate gear would give bonuses to your ships health and shield with a complete set improving damage.

Now for a soloing set of ultimate gear for doing some involved use of dailies and weekly's they could give a bonus to presence.

Separate the gear with only the most minor of stat changes. Such as Crafting and Space mission ultimate gear providing slightly less damage then Raid ultimate gear and Solo ultimate gear providing less endurance then raid gear and you have an entire new wave of progression to keep your fanbase happy.

Of course change the name of the comms. So craftings version of ultimate comms would be perfectionist comms and so forth.

I dont think the issue is raiders want to be the only ones with the best gear they just dont want others to get the same gear with less work.

Edited by superugly
Explain subject matter

It's a theme park MMO. You can blame your problems on WoW. They brought casuals into the genre and ruined it for the rest of us. Yes you are part of the problem. Just drop it. It will never change unless a more sand boxy MMO over takes WoW. To help you... You can get BiS relics solo.