My thoughts (adult)

Odinswill

Big letdown on the title.

Can I just say, I didn't read past your first sentance. The reason? You pre-ordered in November.

What in the world led you to believe you'd be in on the first two days of early access when literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people pre-ordered in July/August/September? I pre-ordered late Oct and even I didn't hope to recieve more than 2-3 days EGA... :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it was the over a decade of historical data pointing to more reasonable launch plans and a better understanding of the MMO player base mentality in general.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why a single person feels they have the right to whine.

For our pre-order, we were promised:

UP TO FIVE days early access.

Anyone who gets in before the 19th is being given a gift and to see it as otherwise makes it obvious you have an over-inflated and undeserved sense of entitlement.

Do I want to play? Hell ya! But there's a big difference between wanting to and demanding it because you feel you are owed something you are not.

This really is one of the most disappointing launches ever....I REALLY wish Bioware would wake up and start telling us things...I'm sick of being left in the dark about EVERYTHING....and yes..it is totally unfair that others are allowed to play before us...not all of us were able to put our pre-order codes in right away...and the fact that Bioware had the surprise pre-order start didn't help much either...who makes pre-orders available without letting their gamers know right away? lol...sounds like a FAIL move to me...seems like they have done a lot of FAILING so far.....

Think of the hundreds of thousands of human beings that have organised their week for this game. If these people where taken for gullable fools for other matters in the world, such as things that where modified last minute, for paying customers for any product that adults buy, I can assure you, alot of lawyers would be taking these game editors and their compagnies to court.

^^ This.

Bioware has lied to us time and time again. They aren't even inviting people based on pre-order date, from what it seems like to me, it's completely random.

Bioware lied about the grace period too.

SR tweeted last night that anyone who ordered before October would get in today...um I ordered in the beginning of August and I didnt get in.

Unify color to chestpiece? When they took this out, they said it would be back in for launch. (yes I read emmanuels post)

See, it would be one thing if they didnt promise these things and then it didnt happen, I wouldnt be mad. It's that they do promise these things, and they don't deliver on them.

I am extremely disappointed with Bioware at this point. THey mentioned they wanted a smooth launch, but I think they failed to realize that a smooth launch has other non-technical factors, like treating your customers well, especially those that paid $160 for a pre-order and did pre-ordered in the first weeks.

Am I mad? You bet. Am I bitter? You bet. The thing is, I'm not gonna cancel. I love this game, it's damn fun, and that's why allows Bioware to get away with this crap. If this was any other company in any other industry, they would get destroyed with class action lawsuits for their actions. The fact is they have the ultimate drug, and we are all fiending is, and so they able to get away from this crap.

Just so disappointed with Bioware right now. I'm logging off for the day, I'll check back in tomorrow to see if I got an invite, but chances are, I won't. Not holding my breath for Bioware anymore.

Edited by gankenstein

Aloha fellow forum readers,

Well, I took the afternoon off, and tomorrow off. I now realise that theres no need as I pre-ordered November.

I have assisted in many launches of MMORPG's. This has got to be the most unpleasant experience upto now.

I mean, in the stress test, in beta, this should of all been "tested", this should NOT be happenning now, unless all progression is erased on the 20th. Why? Simple. It's simply not fair that anyone who has purchased the game for pre-release starts earliar/later than another. We all have payed to be the start of something, we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

There is absolutly no reason for the editors to be doing this strategy on top of the fact of keeping us in the dark. All tests have been done, no valide reason.

I simply do not understand the reasons of acting this way, towards fellow suscribers. If they had explainned this with only 5% of the thought that was put into their "conditions of acceptations" (them agreements we all tick to suscribe) then I honestly couldn't give a rats behind. But no they explainned nothing. The fact that they change things, the fact that they do things without a care in the world may just be a preview of how they will be all the time. I honestly hope not as it will drive this potential fairly descent game in a thick brick wall.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of human beings that have organised their week for this game. If these people where taken for gullable fools for other matters in the world, such as things that where modified last minute, for paying customers for any product that adults buy, I can assure you, alot of lawyers would be taking these game editors and their compagnies to court.

All though they have protected themselves through all their wall fo text we all click "I agree" too, it all means nothing in the eyes of the law. As this enters the "scam" area. Nothing applys to their "conditions".

All though this is just a game, it is still a scam for changing things without notifieing paying customers is simply against any ethic, any code of conduct for retailers. No matter what rights they think they have, this is completely wrong.

I strongly suggest that they start openning up to simply explain themselves for the reason they are doing these "waves", when the beta stress test has already occured. Why are they being so quite about things, simply let us know what is going on with our own pre-order dates.

P.S sorry for any errors in this wall of text, I am not from England.

Hey man, don't stress. They will be releasing fresh brand new servers each day to accommodate all the players.

Just do what I plan to do

1. Get access

2. play around with characters while keeping a close eye on the server update page

3. Newly released server announced

4. Roll on said server

5. Get your names

6. Profit

we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

Did you play beta? Because if not, even if they let us all in at the same time, those of us that did would quickly outpace you.

You said you took time off work today and tomorrow - let's say you DID get in today - would you not play just so the people that had to work today would have a chance to start on equal terms with you?

Well, I took the afternoon off, and tomorrow off. I now realise that theres no need as I pre-ordered November.

I have assisted in many launches of MMORPG's. This has got to be the most unpleasant experience upto now.

I mean, in the stress test, in beta, this should of all been "tested", this should NOT be happenning now, unless all progression is erased on the 20th. Why? Simple. It's simply not fair that anyone who has purchased the game for pre-release starts earliar/later than another. We all have payed to be the start of something, we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

There is absolutly no reason for the editors to be doing this strategy on top of the fact of keeping us in the dark. All tests have been done, no valide reason.

I simply do not understand the reasons of acting this way, towards fellow suscribers. If they had explainned this with only 5% of the thought that was put into their "conditions of acceptations" (them agreements we all tick to suscribe) then I honestly couldn't give a rats behind. But no they explainned nothing. The fact that they change things, the fact that they do things without a care in the world may just be a preview of how they will be all the time. I honestly hope not as it will drive this potential fairly descent game in a thick brick wall.

All though they have protected themselves through all their wall fo text we all click "I agree" too, it all means nothing in the eyes of the law. As this enters the "scam" area. Nothing applys to their "conditions".

All though this is just a game, it is still a scam for changing things without notifieing paying customers is simply against any ethic, any code of conduct for retailers. No matter what rights they think they have, this is completely wrong.

I strongly suggest that they start openning up to simply explain themselves for the reason they are doing these "waves", when the beta stress test has already occured. Why are they being so quite about things, simply let us know what is going on with our own pre-order dates.

Agree 150% Its all marketing hype.

Honestly, why did you take off for EGA when it has quite clearly been stated you were getting UP to 5 days EGA and no ETA was provided for your EGA start? You should have know if you pre-ordered in Nov that you most likely were not getting in Day 1(which at that time was still the 15th so technically you are still on schedule)

The servers did get stress tested during beta, they compiled data to see how the servers responded. The way BW is handling the EGA is the best way to do it, stagger it out in waves, let the first wave get off the starter worlds and then invite the next wave. Future waves will probably move faster and have more people because of this.

You didn't pay for early access, you paid for the game and game time , which officially launches on Dec 20th(NA) any time in the game before that is a bonus. It's a thank you from BW for pre-ordering and they are trying to get as many people as possible. If you are citing the 5.00 fee as "paying" for EGA that 5.00 is deducted from the final price of the game, so you are in fact, not paying for EGA.

Pretty sure it was the over a decade of historical data pointing to more reasonable launch plans and a better understanding of the MMO player base mentality in general.

They announced the launch date would be staggered over 5 days, based on when you enter your pre-order code. Pretty simple really.

Consider your redemption date, be realistic, working backwards from the shortest possible time you think it will entitle you to. You don't need over a decade of historical data for that, just a very basic grasp of logic and the process of elimination...

They announced it would be staggered a long time ago.....

They only gave out 2 extra days not to long ago.... why did you take days off...

So as an adult, you pre-ordered in November, and expected to get in 1st day? And now you're upset? That's YOUR fault and I hope your boss sees this thread, recognizes you and fires your ***

I'm sorry, after assisting over 30 odd LIVE games, I have always started on the date that was announced. This is simply the way I have done over the last decade of online games. I didn't know this was the "new way" of fooling customers. How honestly dumb of myself to think I have a right as a paying customer to be upset that I am not treated liek another paying customer.

To be fair, why would you get work off for today and tomorrow if you pre-ordered in Nov? That was your mistake clearly. With that said, I think they could of invited more people today, much more people but I still didn't think I was going to get in. I wouldn't be calling off work until actual release day if I had to make a choice.

They announced it would be staggered a long time ago.....

They only gave out 2 extra days not to long ago.... why did you take days off...

So as an adult, you pre-ordered in November, and expected to get in 1st day? And now you're upset? That's YOUR fault and I hope your boss sees this thread, recognizes you and fires your ***

What he said!

I knew on the day that I pre-ordered that my early access would be based on when I put in my pre order code, this has not changed since July, when they started allowing people to pre order. Me and my friends all pre ordered within about an hour of each other on july 21st and were all in the first wave, but most of us worked today, so we're all spread out as far as levels, though it will probably level out eventually, or not, either way eventually we'll hit cap and play together.

Also, they've explained why they're doing waves of staggered access, they've also explained why they're not letting people know when they're going to be in until they're actually in.

If you don't feel like reading any of the information on why, I'll tell you.

IF BW states that they're pretty sure that you'll be able to get into the game on Wed morning, and something happens, and you don't get in until wed afternoon, or even thursday morning, (or based on some people's complaints, there are people who would be upset if they got in tuesday afternoon instead of wed morning) you are now upset, so they've avoided that, because they aren't telling people ahead of time, they have tempered people's expectations and allowed themselves flexibility to adapt to the situation.

you say your an adult but yet you took (2) days off from work to play a video game?

Also, you pre-ordered in November and you expected to get in the first day?

Yes because that's what adults do. They plan ahead responsibly to do things they enjoy.

I paid $80 for my game, and it was charged to my bank account already.

Wanna try again?

I was about to type the very same. I purchased one copy for myself and six additional copies for friends and family. I've been billed and/or paid for all of them.

I don't understand why a single person feels they have the right to whine.

For our pre-order, we were promised:

UP TO FIVE days early access.

Anyone who gets in before the 19th is being given a gift and to see it as otherwise makes it obvious you have an over-inflated and undeserved sense of entitlement.

Do I want to play? Hell ya! But there's a big difference between wanting to and demanding it because you feel you are owed something you are not.

well said.

I'm sorry, after assisting over 30 odd LIVE games, I have always started on the date that was announced. This is simply the way I have done over the last decade of online games. I didn't know this was the "new way" of fooling customers. How honestly dumb of myself to think I have a right as a paying customer to be upset that I am not treated liek another paying customer.

The game was announced to release on the 20th. You will be allowed to play on the 20th. If you can't understand that very simple concept, you have more problems than not getting into the first day EGA.

Like the other posters I too have already paid, in my case for the CE.

It was shipped 2 days ago but Game didn't get the message about early, early access and it won't be with me until Thursday at the earliest.

From what I can see from the other forums, lots of servers are already showing as full which worries me, will I be able to play with my friends? will I get the character name I have played with for years across many MMO's??

If I cannot, because some early, early access person has parked a load of toons to reserve names I'll be significantly upset, we identify with our characters it's what makes us MMO'ers (apologies for the non-word), to be delayed and basically treated differently to other players is simply wrong. I wasn't aware my £/$ was worth less than someone else's, I guess that's EA for you.

What was the stress-beta for again? Bioware? not a promising start.

Add to this the monumental balls up that is the telephone support process and we have a company saying it's not bothered about customer support. It needs fixing, you're in the service industry now folks, act like you know this and care.

LB.