The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Hair for Cathar? (/ Mirialan / Miraluka / etc)

The Cathar head shape's pretty much humanoid, apart from the nose, so there's really no reason for them to be mostly restricted to the pitiful Zabrak hair selection- could we have a version of the new humanoid hair unlocks, available for them, please?

Same goes for the other human-headed species.

Agreed! I was really disappointed not to get that nice long "human" style for my Miraluka male, not to mention the new hair colors.

And IMHO, Cathar have an utterly pitiful selection of hairstyles. They don't have horns to get in the way (and their ears are small and already clip through at least one of their unique styles, anyway) so there's really no reason they can't have at least some "human" styles. While I do appreciate that Bioware tried to make them look unique, I don't appreciate that this was apparently at the cost of them having a decent variety of hairstyles available.

Also, why in the Galaxy can my Cathar have white fur but not white hair, yet humans can have white hair and now even purple hair? :confused:

I'm expecting there to be new unlocks every time they do a cartel market update. The human hair, but for cyborgs etc. So eventually my poor Chiss can get her beautiful long hair! (And I really do like that long hair, I just don't have a human that needs a new style!)

Really see no reason for the hair to be so restricted- on either them or the Zabrak most of our hair was pinched from either. In both cases, the "clipping" issue the devs are so scared about... ears and horns poking through hair.

Er... ears *do* poke through hair. Even real live human ears, given the right hairstyle. In reality, if Darth Maul had been a hairy Zabrak (so to speak), then his horns *would* have poked up through his hairstyle in places.

So I don't really see that it would be an issue.

Yeah, I'd like to see more hairstyles and hair colors for Mirialans, Miraluka, Zabraks, Chiss, Cyborgs, and Cathar (even though I haven't made a Cathar yet, but I'm planning to soon just to check it out).

For example, the Hair Colors & Hairstyles Pack for Mirialans could include: Indigo [Dark Purple], Teal, and Dark Green; a long hairstyle (with all of the hair behind the back), a single long-braided style, a single loop-braided style, a double-braided style, and a double loop-braided style. [some or all of those would also be nice for Humans, Miraluka, Chiss, Cyborgs and Cathar.]

The Customization Options [Hair Colors & Hairstyles] Pack for Miraluka could include: Indigo, Purple, Teal, Turquoise/Cyan, Blue, Flame [Red-Orange], and Magenta; the hairstyles I suggested above; and some new styles of masks (maybe some in different colors than they were before, and some new designs).

The Customization Options Pack for Zabraks could include: Hair colors in Purple, Indigo, Pink, Magenta, Periwinkle, Teal, Dark Green and Flame; Zabrak horn-adapted versions of the hairstyles I suggested above; and some colorful new tattoo designs [that look much nicer than the plain lines that Republic Zabraks get, and not the red-black designs that Empire Zabraks get].

Edited by SWLoveAngel

• 1 month later...

I think every race with hair needs more hair styles. New styles for everyone should be something that are added to the CM on an extremely regular basis.

That said, Cathar did get the short end of the stick. I realize the NPC Cathar and the PC Cathar probably are completely different models, but I was disappointed that some hair styles that appear on the NPC aren't available to the PCs. There is a a cute female bob with the hair combed forward that would've been nice to see; and i was really hoping to give my Cathar that awesome widow's peak and mutton chops look that one of the Jorgan customization options has.

/signed

While I am glad that Cathar are finally in the game (being introduced to the Old Republic timeline at the same time as the Sith Purebloods were), I am massively disappointed with the exceptionally poor hairstyle choices.

Before Juhani, most of the Cathar were depicted as preferring long hair, usually worn loose but sometimes tied back. Now we get Cathar and there is one Juhani-esque topknot (with a shaved head below) and one medium length spiky hairstyle with not a single long-haired style (at least for the men). Having the options be bald, short, or medium-length (with the occasional "OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE" bad) for the Cathar was disappointing to say the least. Now I am waiting for some future release where there will be an expansion for "Cathar Hairstyles" for a mere 240 CC plus 40 CC per character when you actually want to use them. At least that's only 480 of my monthly 600 CC.

• 2 weeks later...

And IMHO, Cathar have an utterly pitiful selection of hairstyles. They don't have horns to get in the way (and their ears are small and already clip through at least one of their unique styles, anyway) so there's really no reason they can't have at least some "human" styles. While I do appreciate that Bioware tried to make them look unique, I don't appreciate that this was apparently at the cost of them having a decent variety of hairstyles available.

Exactly! Cathar only have about half as many options for hair styles compared to other races. Obviously planning to release a hair styles pack.

Just came back to the game, but I'll be leaving again as soon is something halfway decent comes out if they keep this up.

I'd have to say that it was an extremely cheap and dirty move of Bioware/EA to release human hairstyles seperatly while they should work with all the races that also use human hairstyles. Cyborgs, Miralians, miraluka and chiss can have that as well without issues.

At least I'm not planning to purchase the same hairstyles again for other races. they should update that through a patch, so that it unlocks for all those races.

I fully support this. There are WAY too little hair options for Cathar and on the male there's only one or two that are even acceptable at that. For a feature that's all about customization, only a handful of hair models is not really cutting it.

I concur. The selection for cathar hair is... kinda weaksauce. I love the idea of having more non-human races available (still holding out for togrutas someday), but I have a hard time rolling a cathar character since none of them look right b/c of the hair. I'm not saying I want long, Rapunzel-esque locks or spiky male anime character-esque hair, but more options for cathar would be nice.

I'd also love to see more race-specific hair styles (I'd love to have some sort of mirialian hair akin to Barriss Offee's from 'Clone Wars', for one), and tbh there's no excuse as to why the recently released human hair can't have carried over to Cyborgs, at the very least. =T

The only plausible reason for giving a lousy customization option initially is monetary:

They want you to buy the other options later on.

Exactly. There is no way any sane intelligent person looked at the options and though it was sufficient.

Someone at EA told them to only give a few options so they can charge for more later.

They could have given a decent amount and charged for more later, but they are just being lazy and greedy.

I just came back to the game because nothing else out there is any good (for now) but if this is the way they continue to run the ship I'll be leaving as soon as something better turns up.

Shame really, this game had so much potential.

I concur. The selection for cathar hair is... kinda weaksauce. I love the idea of having more non-human races available (still holding out for togrutas someday), but I have a hard time rolling a cathar character since none of them look right b/c of the hair. I'm not saying I want long, Rapunzel-esque locks or spiky male anime character-esque hair, but more options for cathar would be nice.

I'd also love to see more race-specific hair styles (I'd love to have some sort of mirialian hair akin to Barriss Offee's from 'Clone Wars', for one), and tbh there's no excuse as to why the recently released human hair can't have carried over to Cyborgs, at the very least. =T

Yeah, hope they add more customization options for Mirialan, Miraluka, Chiss, Cyborg, Zabrak, and Cathar soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd have to say that it was an extremely cheap and dirty move of Bioware/EA to release human hairstyles seperatly while they should work with all the races that also use human hairstyles. Cyborgs, Miralians, miraluka and chiss can have that as well without issues.

At least I'm not planning to purchase the same hairstyles again for other races. they should update that through a patch, so that it unlocks for all those races.

I play a Miraluka.. there really is no reason we shouldnt even have human advantages. Essentially all they are doing is covering our eyes! Everything else is the same model! GRRRR

The only plausible reason for giving a lousy customization option initially is monetary:

They want you to buy the other options later on.

This would only be plausible if the game launched on a F2P model, rather than subscription based.

The real reason we have an..."uninspired" character creation system is because EA/Bioware honestly thought it was sufficient...despite forum post after forum post before and after game release declaring the customization system overly simplified and outdated.

There was even a dev response on the issue trying to claim most people simply hit the random button a few times and didn't really care about the character customization system.

With all that said...Miraluka's desperately need new masks/hair. I've wanted to make one since well before launch...but with how boring/ugly the masks are....no way I've been able to get myself to make one. "Cyborgs" (another character creation joke) have better eyes than Miraluka for crying out loud.

I just don't get why it's not cartel purchasable. We really shouldn't HAVE to buy.. but its pretty clear that they are enjoying it. How long ago did they make they human modifications for sale? How long do you think it would take to get more customizations for the other handful of species? I really dont want to play a human.. just so I can have certain attributes just because they chose not to add it to the other species.

:confused:

That's what you get with EA sadly enough. It's actually quite cheap compared to what they did with the sims 3. You'd pay the same amount for a single hairstyle there and it wouldnt be for all age groups even.

As long as Bioware does not break away from EA's reign of terror this will keep happening. A shame that Lucas Arts didnt publish this game instead of EA.