You people shouldn't blame Bioware; You should blame yourselves.

Sir-Coffee

Fact: If you don't like how Bioware is milking subscribers, then don't purchase things from the Cartel Market.

The Cartel Market / charging subscribers for content method is getting out of control, and I am not going to blame Bioware at all. Why you may ask? Well, they are making money, and businesses thrive on that.

Why stop tempting(Yes, we aren't forced, but tempted) subscribers and F2P players from spending all of their money in the Cartel Market when they are doubling their revenue. There are so many other ways they could have handled this, but why stop when people mindlessly purchase anything they throw on the Cartel Market.

Armor selling for 1400CC, Cathar for 600CC, Dye gambling packs, Regular gambling packs, super gambling packs.

I don't mind the pets, toys, unlocks, but the pricing is ridiculous because you people keep buying into this. Oh, and let's not forget the people who purchase these cartel packs for those special coins or whatever is inside of them to get armor such as Revan's Mask and mounts such as that Throne.

Oh yay, subscriber discounts, thanks EAware. 80% off on most of the armors should be the standard price because they shouldn't be worth more than 360CC but guess what... YOU STILL PURCHASE IT.

I look at all of these threads and they keep saying "Don't get greedy Bioware", hey Bioware, stop charging us subs. I know a lot of you who say that, don't use the Cartel Market, but there are a good number of people who DO say that and still use the Cartel Market.

If you want Bioware to stop this pricing, then stop Purchasing. You people remind me of these morons on Prophecy of the Five who claim they are poor(Credits-wise), yet purchase pets, mounts, and emotes for hundreds(sometimes millions) of credits.

I am not defending Bioware, I am not attacking Bioware(At the moment), I am explaining to all of you drones who keep purchasing what they put out on the Cartel Market and this new content update why the prices may seem high. Yes, Bioware is overcharging content, and items on the Cartel Market, but it's not their failt... It's yours.

Edited by SithEBM

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly its our fault they released an un polished version of the game to the Millions of potential subscribers, and then released a content patch that cost the the majority of those subscribers, thus causing EA to file this game under failure, and hire Jeff Hickman to Monetize it. Clearly thats our fault.

Clearly its our fault they released an un polished version of the game to the Millions of potential subscribers, and then released a content patch that cost the the majority of those subscribers, thus causing EA to file this game under failure, and hire Jeff Hickman to Monetize it. Clearly thats our fault.

I am stating why they are overpricing content, not how they initially failed with this game.

It would also help if people stopped adding "... to the Cartel Market" and "I would pay for..." to every single suggestion they make too.

I knew this would happen. I'm not surprised at all, disappointed, yes, but not surprised.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

I am not spending real money, I am using my in-game credits but I am encouraging a lot of people to buy stuff from cartel market that way :/

I am annoyed with 2.1 and cc charging. they are really expensive!

That isn't a bad way to use the Cartel Market at all. I wasn't attacking people like you, who use the Cartel Market without giving Bioware extra money.

The problem lies with all of these people who mindlessly spends RL money on this money grabbing scam, or the Gambling scam packs.

2.1 is the worst patch ever added to this game, but I don't blame Bioware at all. I blame these people who keep funding these charging practices.

It would also help if people stopped adding "... to the Cartel Market" and "I would pay for..." to every single suggestion they make too.

I knew this would happen. I'm not surprised at all, disappointed, yes, but not surprised.

Great post, I agree with everything you said, and the sad part is that it will only get worse at this rate.

Sure, maybe some of the other forum readers will be like "Wow, this guy has a point, maybe I will stop spending my money", but there are over 500k people who don't even read the forums.

It's simple, if nobody buys into these scams, then Bioware will stop the milking(Or greatly reduce it).

That isn't a bad way to use the Cartel Market at all. I wasn't attacking people like you, who use the Cartel Market without giving Bioware extra money.

The problem lies with all of these people who mindlessly spends RL money on this money grabbing scam, or the Gambling scam packs.

2.1 is the worst patch ever added to this game, but I don't blame Bioware at all. I blame these people who keep funding these charging practices.

They're the same kind of morons that spend RL money on crap for Farmville and Words. The world is filled with them and every game is doing this now to take advantage of it while they can. I can't say I expect a MMO to come out that doesn't anymore. Of course, most of them find more subtle ways to do it or charge more reasonable prices, but it's all the same and it's apparently the future of gaming, so I guess we might as well get used to it or simply stop playing games.

Edited by Blackavaar

I agree with this message.

Been subbed since release of the game, lost my name to someone who never logged in once, live through all patch facepalm and im still paying but im not gonna take my wallet out for everything they suddenly decide to add.

P.s. I wouldnt mind paying 400 cc for one Dye kit tho, that gambling thing need to stop.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Yep, I'm just using the free coins they give me. While I occasionally do get tempted by packs (I pull a few decent things though), I try to use prudence in my "cool item" CC spending.

What OP is saying is that regardless of whether or not these features should have been included from the get go, EA/Bioware has made a pile of money selling it piecemeal to subs and fps alike. If no one bought the stuff, they wouldn't do it.

Personally, I think it's kinda hit a saturation point. The initial packs and gear offered items that had been sought after (Revan's Armor), and I personally spent more money than I should have purchasing said items. I haven't really cared for anything in the more recent updates and have spent a lot less real life cash trying to get them. I actually took Andryah's advice and used my stipend to buy packs and just sold them on the GTN, which lead to more money to spend on the items I wanted off the GTN.

As far as the 2.1 customizations are concerned, I haven't seen anything I liked and won't be spending any money on it. DarthTHC actually spelled my position out pretty good in another thread, in that I saw this coming so I'm not surprised, though a little disappointed.

As long as this business model works for them they can and should pursue it. Like OP said if you don't like it, don't buy it and if enough people do that, they'll change the model. Until then you're just complaining about a thing that really doesn't affect gameplay.

Edited by Cavegeta

They're the same kind of morons that spend RL money on crap for Farmville and Words. The world is filled with them and every game is doing this now to take advantage of it while they can. I can't say I expect a MMO to come out that doesn't anymore. Of course, most of them find more subtle ways to do it or charge more reasonable prices, but it's all the same and it's apparently the future of gaming, so I guess we might as well get used to it or simply stop playing games.

Yep, these practices extend to Xbox, PS3, PC, almost anywhere.

What OP is saying is that regardless of whether or not these features should have been included from the get go, EA/Bioware has made a pile of money selling it piecemeal to subs and fps alike. If no one bought the stuff, they wouldn't do it.

Personally, I think it's kinda hit a saturation point. The initial packs and gear offered items that had been sought after (Revan's Armor), and I personally spent more money than I should have purchasing said items. I haven't really cared for anything in the more recent updates and have spent a lot less real life cash trying to get them. I actually took Andryah's advice and used my stipend to buy packs and just sold them on the GTN, which lead to more money to spend on the items I wanted off the GTN.

As far as the 2.1 customizations are concerned, I haven't seen anything I liked and won't be spending any money on it. DarthTHC actually spelled my position out pretty good in another thread, in that I saw this coming so I'm not surprised, though a little disappointed.

As long as this business model works for them they can and should pursue it. Like OP said if you don't like it, don't buy it and if enough people do that, they'll change the model. Until then you're just complaining about a thing that really doesn't affect gameplay.

Another great post, it's a simple concept for anybody to understand. If you don't like their practices, then don't encourage them to keep milking you.

Basically this ---> " Like OP said if you don't like it, don't buy it and if enough people do that, they'll change the model."

Stop blaming Bioware for your problems. Complaining on the forums about how Bioware is unfairly pricing these items won't do any good. Telling them "No, you won't milk me" is the option you should partake in.

And here I was just wanting KOTOR 3

Imagine if these people stopped feeding Bioware money, and they actually had to keep their customers happy to make profits?

Maybe Bioware would be motivated to actually release storyline/PvP content and fix their game.

Be glad SWTOR isn't like CoH. F2P killed that game, taking things that subscribers got for free since day one away and putting them in the cash store, even if you paid a subscription.

Don't forget we get free coins each month, so even if you have to save them up, you still don't have to pay a dime more than your subscription. I don't see a problem if people pay extra for cosmetic stuff, at least the things in the cartel market are not required to play the game. The day they do that, I vote with my money and go elsewhere.

Fact: If you don't like how Bioware is milking subscribers, then don't purchase things from the Cartel Market.

The Cartel Market / charging subscribers for content method is getting out of control, and I am not going to blame Bioware at all. Why you may ask? Well, they are making money, and businesses thrive on that.

Why stop tempting(Yes, we aren't forced, but tempted) subscribers and F2P players from spending all of their money in the Cartel Market when they are doubling their revenue. There are so many other ways they could have handled this, but why stop when people mindlessly purchase anything they throw on the Cartel Market.

Armor selling for 1400CC, Cathar for 600CC, Dye gambling packs, Regular gambling packs, super gambling packs.

I don't mind the pets, toys, unlocks, but the pricing is ridiculous because you people keep buying into this. Oh, and let's not forget the people who purchase these cartel packs for those special coins or whatever is inside of them to get armor such as Revan's Mask and mounts such as that Throne.

Oh yay, subscriber discounts, thanks EAware. 80% off on most of the armors should be the standard price because they shouldn't be worth more than 360CC but guess what... YOU STILL PURCHASE IT.

I look at all of these threads and they keep saying "Don't get greedy Bioware", hey Bioware, stop charging us subs. I know a lot of you who say that, don't use the Cartel Market, but there are a good number of people who DO say that and still use the Cartel Market.

If you want Bioware to stop this pricing, then stop Purchasing. You people remind me of these morons on Prophecy of the Five who claim they are poor(Credits-wise), yet purchase pets, mounts, and emotes for hundreds(sometimes millions) of credits.

I am not defending Bioware I am not attacking Bioware(At the moment), I am explaining to all of you drones who keep purchasing what they put out on the Cartel Market and this new content update why the prices may seem high. Yes, Bioware is overcharging content, and items on the Cartel Market, but it's not their failt... It's yours.

FYI we try to make the game more fair and friendly and fun to subers, and we try those with our opinions and demands.

we arent forced to make many alts

we arent forced to reach our craft to 450

we arent forced to do anything in the game

we arent forced to play the game either you know

Edited by Kissakias

Be glad SWTOR isn't like CoH. F2P killed that game, taking things that subscribers got for free since day one away and putting them in the cash store, even if you paid a subscription.

Don't forget we get free coins each month, so even if you have to save them up, you still don't have to pay a dime more than your subscription. I don't see a problem if people pay extra for cosmetic stuff, at least the things in the cartel market are not required to play the game. The day they do that, I vote with my money and go elsewhere.

That is what I have been saying/telling people to do this entire time. They don't even have to make anything in the CM required to play the game, because they will keep pulling patches like 2.1 and making a killing.

As for your first post, this patch made me realize that my subscription is losing its value. You are correct when you say that the CM isn't required to play the game. That would be a stupid business decision considering people are practically handing their money over to Bioware with these gambling packs and scams.

Imagine if these people stopped feeding Bioware money, and they actually had to keep their customers happy to make profits?

Maybe Bioware would be motivated to actually release storyline/PvP content and fix their game.

I'd love to see a huge expansion next year focused a complete space revamp (free flight, not on the rails), that also has bug fixes, new flashpoints, and stuff for the PvP crowd. The problem is, I don't see that kind of investment going into the game unless it is making a good profit.

We may see the game coast along a year or two more, we may get another tiny expansion. Honestly, I think EA would shut the game down before investing enough money to fix what needs to be fixed to bring in more subscribers.

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm coming from. I kinda have the feeling that if more of that sort of thing isn't announced or at least hinted at, they'll have another exodus when the next new thing comes out (ESO). And I'll leave it at that, we're all pretty damn fickle about what we want/expect/or think we've been promised.

Solid post sir.

Thank you Pistols!

I dislike ignorant people who can't see their own faults and try to pin their problems on Bioware in regards to the Cartel Market, and scam patches.

I would post this on the POT5 facebook page to see if others wanted to chime in, but this isn't a PvP thread and didn't want people to be upset, so I opted not to. :)

That is what I have been saying/telling people to do this entire time. They don't even have to make anything in the CM required to play the game, because they will keep pulling patches like 2.1 and making a killing.

As for your first post, this patch made me realize that my subscription is losing its value. You are correct when you say that the CM isn't required to play the game. That would be a stupid business decision considering people are practically handing their money over to Bioware with these gambling packs and scams.

I kind of wonder if a sub even has value for someone like me. I only play one character, I do flashpoints and may do operations someday. I'm bad at math, but would $15 or less buy enough stuff from the CM to support my play style monthly? I'm guessing not, as you have to buy all those passes and what not.

OP is exactly right.

The reason companies do this IS BECAUSE IT WORKS.

Gamers are short sighted impulse buyers who talk a good talk but can't put their money where their mouth is.

Companies will naturally build the best business model they can and the only reason why we have pay stores, DLC cut into lots of little pieces, pre order bonuses, pay to win, pay to access, pay to whatever is because...

YOU ARE BUYING IT.

I don't blame bioware, I'd do the same thing.

Edited by Arkerus

I'd love to see a huge expansion next year focused a complete space revamp (free flight, not on the rails), that also has bug fixes, new flashpoints, and stuff for the PvP crowd. The problem is, I don't see that kind of investment going into the game unless it is making a good profit.

We may see the game coast along a year or two more, we may get another tiny expansion. Honestly, I think EA would shut the game down before investing enough money to fix what needs to be fixed to bring in more subscribers.

Another excellent post. I wish more people chimed in and helped us make this game better by not supporting these scams.

As for the bolded response, I don't think they would shut this game down like that, on the other hand, this is EA we are talking about.

To everybody on the forum:

At this point, there is no turning back, and it is up to us subscribers, and F2P/preferred to make this a better game.

Bioware will try to tempt us to purchase items from the Cartel Market by making you use up all of your CC and paying them RL money. If you do so, you are supporting these scams, and practices. Don't make this your fault, make it theirs and stop being a sheep.