[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu

WillCaedes

I really hope we get an answer to this. The language in the interviews make it sound like the current system is incorrect. I'd like to know for sure before I (reluctantly) rebuy some of the things so that I can have them account wide. Does anyone know if the new Eradicator's mask requires the full set even though it's sold seperately? I bought the mask on my Shadow and assumed I'd be able to use it on my Assassin that has the rest of the set...I wish I would have read everything here first.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more about what they are trying to prevent..... gaming and exploiting the system.

Not that players are clever and honest and would never every try to exloit anything in a MMO. NO.. not the players.. :rolleyes:

If you did not see this coming guys.. you are short sighted, blind, or indifferent. If something is sold in a set.. guess what.. you must collect the set in order to get the benefit of cloning the set. Derp!

TL;DR in most cases... item sets in the Cartel Market are not going to be popuar to unlock and clone with the Collections Menu. You could do it, but why? Unless you really like the set and want it on every character... which is not likely.

It comes down to economic trade-offs..... buy the set off the CM directly, or buy the set pieces on the GTN, but until the items (sometimes as full sets) are bound to a character... you don't get the option to buy the rights to clone for other characters on your account. For gear, in most cases.. I would say Collection cloning is not the optimal economic choice.

Normally I agree with you, but you are WAY off in left field here. There was no hint that this was full sets, they even said items talking about just the Revan's mask item. Give an example of what possible exploit not making this full sets could cause? I cannot believe the messed up such an awesome concept, I swear they could mess up a wet dream...

/signed

So angry right now at this decision. Revan's mask at the time I purchased off the GTN was 4 million credits, which was a last resort as I blew nearly $200 on cartel packs that got me absolutely nothing (lol @x24+ Emote: Bop). Spent nearly every last credit I had Revan's Mask just to find out that if I want duplicates of the very thing I own for my other characters, I need to shell out another 2+ mill for the rest of the set that I will never use (given that the gtn even has any listings of missing pieces).

On top of that, being lied to in an interview by one of the developers who SPECIFICALLY list Revan's Mask as an example of how this collection system works. So frustrated, let down, disappointed, etc.

/Signed

Personally, I would have absolutely no issue with the system if they had simply told us from the beginning that it was only going to apply to full sets.

Don't get me wrong. I certainly would have preferred that it apply to individual items instead of sets, but I would have been willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that there were too many programming or logistical hurdles with making the system apply to individual items, or something of that nature.

But to actually present the system as working on an item-by-item basis and then unveiling it as full-set-only ... That simply isn't right.

If they had told us that it was only going to work on complete sets, then I wouldn't have gotten so excited about it. I wouldn't have had so many ideas in my head of duplicating a piece of Head or Chest armor that I really liked.

I wouldn't be feeling so let down right now. And being disappointed is worse than having no hope in the first place.

Look, I don't wish to be ungrateful. It really is a cool addition to the game, in my opinion. But they should not have made it look like it was going to do something that it wasn't.

They are not under any obligation to do anything. But if they say they're going to do something, then it's not unfair for people to expect them to do it.

From Biowares very own site, an article about 2.1 Customization:

One of our new convenience features we are especially excited about is the Collections Interface. Collections will allow players to unlock almost any Cartel Market item, and some special promotion items, on an account-wide level for a discounted price. An added benefit of this new interface is that you can free up some Cargo or Inventory space by simply destroying any item you have unlocked on that character and then just transferring a copy of that item to your inventory as needed.

Hell, lets break that statement down even further, An added benefit of this new interface is that you can free up some Cargo or Inventory space by simply destroying any item you have unlocked on that character and then just transferring a copy of that item to your inventory as needed.

Not one comment was made about needing an entire set. Is Bioware shooting for False Advertisement Award of the year? I'll nominate you if your really seeking it!

Edited by WillCaedes

It's more about what they are trying to prevent..... gaming and exploiting the system.

Not that players are clever and honest and would never every try to exloit anything in a MMO. NO.. not the players.. :rolleyes:

If you did not see this coming guys.. you are short sighted, blind, or indifferent. If something is sold in a set.. guess what.. you must collect the set in order to get the benefit of cloning the set. Derp!

TL;DR in most cases... item sets in the Cartel Market are not going to be popuar to unlock and clone with the Collections Menu. You could do it, but why? Unless you really like the set and want it on every character... which is not likely.

It comes down to economic trade-offs..... buy the set off the CM directly, or buy the set pieces on the GTN, but until the items (sometimes as full sets) are bound to a character... you don't get the option to buy the rights to clone for other characters on your account. For gear, in most cases.. I would say Collection cloning is not the optimal economic choice.

I usually agree with you, but this time i have to disagree.

First off, alot of people buy a full set from the CM but rarely use all the pieces. Personally i never use the wrist pieces for example, since those (on most outfits) dont show up anyway, so i just use whatever i find whilst leveling up.

Same thing with belts. I dont always care about the belt (unless its really cool) so ill sell that off.

Its not like im "profiting" from it since those things rarely sell for a few thousand credits.

But this is preventing me from having access to outfit sets that i have legitimately paid for.

And then theres the cartel pack items. The number of times i have seen a player with a complete set on his character can be counted on one hand.

People generally pick and choose from these. And since BW portrayed it like you could unlock these pieces individually, i think its only fair that they split them all up into their individual pieces.

That way, if you have revans mask (to use their own example), you could unlock just that piece. Instead of having to hunt down every last piece of revans armour despite never using them.

As it stands, this is a pretty flawed system.

As it stands, this is a pretty flawed system.

Sums it up perfectly.

Pretty much. Bioware seems to excel at taking a great idea and failing to execute it well. I'm still hopeful that this will be fixed eventually but it might not be till 2.2.1 or 2.3. :-/

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

/signed.

Time for this ******** to stop EAware. Been a loyal supporter of this game well before it was launched and you've done nothing but spit on me and others like me. Show your customers a little respect and stop trying to screw them over every update.

/signed.

Its times like these that I wonder how on earth BW managed to produce such excellent games in the past. Their name was right up there as one of the top game developers ever, then SWTOR happened.I dont think they can even spell MMO let alone ever play one.

From pre-ordering onwards they have ballsed it up at every possible opportunity,not to mention not listening to beta testers.Is it arrogance,naivety, greed ? All three or some unknown factor? Whatever it is, they need to sort it out and fix the mess they have collectively created.

The MMO genre should aim to build long lasting communities both in game and on the forum,ToR missed the mark on both counts.Subbers feel marginalised by the constant targeting of the F2P crowd and the ever more jawdroppingly blatent rip-offs in the cartel market.In fact the only strong community they have built is the angry mob with pitchforks and torchs ready to storm BW HQ.

Armed with possibly the biggest IP in the world and a budget to match, they failed big time. They made an ok game.Maybe if they learned from their mistakes and tried again it would be better, but they keep making the mistakes.Its a shame really, Im sure they mean well but the end product is flawed from start to finish.

48 Signatures, (Give or take one duplicate out), 10 pages of mutual agreement and complaint about the same issue and STILL Bioware refuses to respond to us at all, why?

I won't let this thread die out without some kind of communication from the devs or an actual Employee.

Edited by WillCaedes

Wait, you want to tell me that people don't care that once you collected item (what was purchased of cartel market with money) than you need to pay additional cartel coins so that item is unlocked and claimed by your alt or main character? And regardless if I am subscriber or not? For example that first throne mount version costs me 600!! cartel coins to unlock! Just ONE item!

I did not whine a single time before, since start of game. Actually i defended game against all those "spoiled" players who cried about system but this! This is huge slap to our faces!

EDIT:

Now keep on mind this are things that you or someone else bought with cartel coins (real life money) and you or me already claimed them with at least one character. (dont forget us subscribers)

Title: Cartel Colector 240 CC

Rangehunter EE1 Rifle 240 CC

Random pets 60 CC (didnt check much)

Old Crystals 60 CC

It is not like players wont buy things from market anymore. There will be more of packs and random items on market. What about us who like to have things in collections for alts? I need to spend hundreds of euros to unlock everything that I already collected in game so my other characters can have it?

Edited by Zenislav

Wait, you want to tell me that people don't care that once you collected item (what was purchased of cartel market with money) than you need to pay additional cartel coins so that item is unlocked and claimed by your alt or main character? And regardless if I am subscriber or not? For example that first throne mount version costs me 600!! cartel coins to unlock! Just ONE item!

I did not whine a single time before, since start of game. Actually i defended game against all those "spoiled" players who cried about system but this! This is huge slap to our faces!

Eh that isn't in line with what most people are griping about. See we're willing to pay for indvidual items that we've collected and are in our present inventory and/or bound across multiple characters due to mix-matching customization of our sets. Seriously, we don't mind doing that. We feel as though we were lied to, or led to believe one thing about this system from at least 3 different sources all linked in my original post, and were presented with..this monstrosity.

Eh that isn't in line with what most people are griping about. See we're willing to pay for indvidual items that we've collected and are in our present inventory and/or bound across multiple characters due to mix-matching customization of our sets. Seriously, we don't mind doing that. We feel as though we were lied to, or led to believe one thing about this system from at least 3 different sources all linked in my original post, and were presented with..this monstrosity.

Nevertheless this collection system as whole, both from mine and yours poi is monstrosity and needs to be changed.