Collections feature is a joke.

Raansu

I don't get what the big issue is. So, people are complaining because they dont get something for free out of this game?

Ok so maybe the wording on the release notes perhaps could have been clearer, but once I got in game and played with the Collections system, I saw how nice this is...

One such example: I bought the Clandestine armour set on my Operative at one point, as the Clandestine armour is adaptive, and it meant I could dress Kaliyo up in imperial uniform also (she is heavy armour, other imperial uniforms are medium). Before this patch, I would have to buy a second set if I wanted to also dress Vector in clandestine (he is light armour).

And what about those armor sets that aren't complete? You get nothing. So, in order to make it available for account-wide unlock, you'll have to acquire all of it, on the same character. Let's take my situation: I have Thana Vesh's leggings and boots. If I want another character to have them, I need to either spend roughly a million credits on the GTN (if I'm lucky) to purchase the chest, gloves, bracers, and belt. OR, I have to gamble with packs, for an unknowable amount of CCs to get her Upper Body and Auxiliary crates.

There really isn't any reason for the miscommunication (if that was what it was). They had plenty of time to be detailed about the whole thing. They choose not to be. I find that unacceptable and unprofessional.

I have just over three weeks left on my current game time card. For the first time since I started playing, I'm seriously considering not getting another time card.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what the big issue is. So, people are complaining because they dont get something for free out of this game?

Ok so maybe the wording on the release notes perhaps could have been clearer, but once I got in game and played with the Collections system, I saw how nice this is...

One such example: I bought the Clandestine armour set on my Operative at one point, as the Clandestine armour is adaptive, and it meant I could dress Kaliyo up in imperial uniform also (she is heavy armour, other imperial uniforms are medium). Before this patch, I would have to buy a second set if I wanted to also dress Vector in clandestine (he is light armour).

Now for that toon, I can dress Vector up for free, as well as the others in exactly the same uniform instead of closely resembled uniforms.

The Clandestine armour in the Cartel store is ~1000 CC's. The option to unlock it via Collections for ALL toons is ~600 CC's.

Before the patch, I would have to spend ~1000 CC's per toon or companion that I wanted to use this outfit... That or try to find it on the GTN (Didnt always find it there, maybe its a popular item, and bought quickly). With the new model, I buy it once, then pay an additional 600 CC to unlock it across ALL toons and be able to claim it multiple times for every companion.

That is already an improvement on what was in place before, and people are complaining because this wasnt freely available straight up? Take the silver spoons out of your mouths people!

I wasnt sure about the toys binding to character at first, because I have a Revan holostatue I have been mailing between toons. At first glance, this seemed to be an issue for me, but now I realise for a certain amount, I can guarantee every toon on my account can have a Revan statue, not just one to pass around. That's pretty awesome too.

For about 700k credits, I was able to piece together the Recovered Triumverate armour set for my vanguard toon. I had resigned myself to finding some crappy piecemeal trooper armour sets for my companions, but now Havoc squad is rocking the Recovered Triumverate armour set, and look like a kick *** Boss Squad. This made me happy :cool:

It's not the wording in the patch notes that needed to be clearer; it was all the FAQ's, all the Dev Q&A's, and all the Dev blog posts that needed to be clearer. The devs had plenty of time to clarify what the system was and either chose not to or changed the system drastically from what they previously said in the last few days.

And the point isn't that the system isn't helpful. It is. It helps a lot for those moddable CM items, color crystals, etc. The issue is armor sets that are drops from cartel/contraband packs. Some of them you cannot pick up for 700k or less credits (take Revan's outfit which costs anywhere from 10-20 million credits depending on the day and server). Some people don't want to spend that many credits to get a full set. Other people mix and match sets across toons. Why should they have to spend a lot of credits/CC to try and complete the set on one toon (e.g. someone who sent the eradicator belt to a different character and bound it to that character while the rest of the armor was bound to a different character) just to get the unlock for all the toons. The devs implied that it would be a per item unlock not a per set unlock. That is what is making everyone angry.

And what about those armor sets that aren't complete? You get nothing. So, in order to make it available for account-wide unlock, you'll have to acquire all of it, on the same character. Let's take my situation: I have Thana Vesh's leggings and boots. If I want another character to have them, I need to either spend roughly a million credits on the GTN (if I'm lucky) to purchase the chest, gloves, bracers, and belt. OR, I have to gamble with packs, for an unknowable amount of CCs to get her Upper Body and Auxiliary crates.

There really isn't any reason for the miscommunication (if that was what it was). They had plenty of time to be detailed about the whole thing. They choose not to be. I find that unacceptable and unprofessional.

I have just over three weeks left on my current game time card. For the first time since I started playing, I'm seriously considering not getting another time card.

This is essentially my issue with it, I dislike the Vesh pants yet I have to equip then to share the rest of the set. Revans mask I got from cartel certs that was a few hypercrate isn't that enough money? Nope I have to complete a set of crap I don't want to share a mask that cost a ton to buy on the GTM or through crates grrr.

Also the 260 price for shyt like crystals or lightsabres I can buy a freaking new one for less then that really. It is almost pointless except for super rate speeders or pets but again if I can buy it for 100k why not do that instead of using CCs? IMO they the price is too high and it's excessive to have to get full sets. Sorry but I don't see many people paying for this.

This will hopefully send a msg but then you have douches that are paying for full sets and the cost with coins so if they lower it or change it they will riot. As such I don't see any change coming. It's lost annoying enough to pull the plug on any CC **** and a sub. If my homie wasnt playing I likely would do that as it really suckass.

Thanks for all the hardwork and its a neat feature but its poorly implemented and too high if a cost.

I'm not asking for anything free by any means and I don't mind paying to unlock the thing on a per items base for my account (give those that have the whole suit a discount) but I shouldn’t need the entire outfit. People just say buy it, one that not cheap and why should I have to when I don’t want the entire thing. I for one don't like Revan ‘s mask, but now I can't unlock the Revan’s chestguard because I didn’t buy it. Which make the system worthless to me.

I hope they change it, I bet they will get more sales if they do. As many people will be prevent form unlocking simple because they sold one pieces of the gear.

Edited by SithEmpress

Oh I dunno, maybe there were items that AREN'T on the CM that would've been cool to transfer, yet as it stands, another poorly implemented system geared at milking subs and F2P alike, which has only ended up yawn worthy and 2.1 will be the loss of more subs than I'm sure EA/Biosnore would like...

You don't retain customers by promising them the moon, then giving them a rock you found in your backyard.

F.U.! EA/BW rabble rabble I'm taking my money elsewhere and I'm not coming back, again... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... well... you know, to some game that isn't a GAMBLING SIMULATOR. Hell, I play nickle slots in Vegas, because I hate gambling...

The fallout from 2.1 will be vast... people that actually wanted this game to fair well (me being one of those hopeful idiots) better pray they pull their heads out of their asses with 2.2 and undo some of their broken promises; however, given their track record thus far, this seems unlikely.

So after blowing 2mil on a meditation chair, 2 mil on a white power crystal, I now have to pay 600 coins for each of those to be unlocked for my other characters. I just don't get who thought this was a good idea. At this point if I want to unlock all of the things I've already dropped tons of credits on, by you know, actually playing the game, I would have to spend a ton of money on coins. Seriously, 600 coins to unlock a color crystal?:mad:

Hate to bring up a game I don't like, but WoW has pretty much the same feature for pets/mounts and it is all free. Sorry for expecting features that should be part of the game for subscribers to enjoy without being bled to death with constantly being charged for cartel coins on every corner.

So after blowing 2mil on a meditation chair, 2 mil on a white power crystal, I now have to pay 600 coins for each of those to be unlocked for my other characters. I just don't get who thought this was a good idea. At this point if I want to unlock all of the things I've already dropped tons of credits on, by you know, actually playing the game, I would have to spend a ton of money on coins. Seriously, 600 coins to unlock a color crystal?:mad:

Yet without the unlocks... you would have to spend another possible 2 mil per toon you wanted the chair on. I see people keep saying "I bought it already, it should now unlock for all my toons".... you bought the item previously What you are buying now is the account unlock for that item. And that account unlock in a number of cases is like a discount of the item in the store (though this might be hard to judge with cartel pack items you cannot outright buy from the store).

The system seems far from perfect (like having to buy all armour pieces to unlock, it would indeed be nice to see an item by item unlock) and sure some of the unlocks seem a little pricey (600 CC's per crystal will cause me to be choosey over what I unlock), and no doubt we will likely see maintenance in the next day or two to fix more things (sorry Bioware, I have come to expect this these days).

I am curious to see what this does to the ingame economy. Every so often cartel changes or changes to cartel packs and chance of drop sends some of the prices down on the gtn, or up... Perhaps some of the ridiculously priced items will now get cheaper on the gtn as there is now an alternative way to get some items.

It's the first day of the new release, and i am willing to wait to see how it goes, see if they drop the price on some of the unlocks, besides I don't *have* to have all toon unlocks for things, its just nice its there. I am more concerned about pvp issues or story content than the cartel stuff, and if I read correctly, the next update should cover game stuff and not cartel.

Hate to bring up a game I don't like, but WoW has pretty much the same feature for pets/mounts and it is all free. Sorry for expecting features that should be part of the game for subscribers to enjoy without being bled to death with constantly being charged for cartel coins on every corner.

As I am sure you noticed, this isn't WoW. It would be nice if a game copied nice features from other games, but they are by no means obligated too. Should they add Pandas to swtor as well? That is Bioware's/EA's call.

Some people will hate it, some will like it. But in the end sales will drive a number of decisions

Edited by decoyofham
typo's

The only sets I got complete are the organa statesman, organa loyalist and genteel clothing (which unlocking prices are 360, 90, 90 respectively) because I prefer to combine pieces to find better looks.

360cc to unlock a barely common set and 90 for something that can be bought for llike 2k credits... 60cc for an emote that cost 100credits. I mean, is these new feature supposed to be used by normal people or just stupid ones with more cash than brain?

It is a good feature, but those prices turn me off. I already unlocked 3 cheap toys that I use frequently but nothing more so the "collection" wont be completed ever.

Btw some items are not being added to the collection upon login, to be sure that everything is added put your bound items in the cargo bay and place them gain in your inventory.

Yet without the unlocks... you would have to spend another possible 2 mil per toon you wanted the chair on. I see people keep saying "I bought it already, it should now unlock for all my toons".... you bought the item previously What you are buying now is the account unlock for that item. And that account unlock in a number of cases is like a discount of the item in the store (though this might be hard to judge with cartel pack items you cannot outright buy from the store).

The system seems far from perfect (like having to buy all armour pieces to unlock, it would indeed be nice to see an item by item unlock) and sure some of the unlocks seem a little pricey (600 CC's per crystal will cause me to be choosey over what I unlock), and no doubt we will likely see maintenance in the next day or two to fix more things (sorry Bioware, I have come to expect this these days).

I am curious to see what this does to the ingame economy. Every so often cartel changes or changes to cartel packs and chance of drop sends some of the prices down on the gtn, or up... Perhaps some of the ridiculously priced items will now get cheaper on the gtn as there is now an alternative way to get some items.

It's the first day of the new release, and i am willing to wait to see how it goes, see if they drop the price on some of the unlocks, besides I don't *have* to have all toon unlocks for things, its just nice its there. I am more concerned about pvp issues or story content than the cartel stuff, and if I read correctly, the next update should cover game stuff and not cartel.

Car salesmen must love you.

Edited by Raansu

Prices have increased on armor pieces and crystals, often doubling, on my server. They will remain incredibly high until enough people start getting gambling packs with gear or crystals they already have AND enough other players also have those items in their Collections. Until then, demand will be extremely high and thus prices will be outrageously distorted.

Don't hold you breath on those GNT prices coming down any time soon, if ever again.

Eh. Dick move. Clumsy. And if it was motivated by avarice, absolutely dumb as well.

If people don't have a full set, then they can't give them any money to unlock it. If they'd done what they sort-of-but-not-really implied they'd do, they'd get money from anyone who wanted to unlock an item.

Not really sure why they did it this way. Can't say it'll make me unsub, but it's clumsy profiteering at best.

The only sets I got complete are the organa statesman, organa loyalist and genteel clothing (which unlocking prices are 360, 90, 90 respectively) because I prefer to combine pieces to find better looks.

360cc to unlock a barely common set and 90 for something that can be bought for llike 2k credits... 60cc for an emote that cost 100credits. I mean, is these new feature supposed to be used by normal people or just stupid ones with more cash than brain?

It is a good feature, but those prices turn me off. I already unlocked 3 cheap toys that I use frequently but nothing more so the "collection" wont be completed ever.

Btw some items are not being added to the collection upon login, to be sure that everything is added put your bound items in the cargo bay and place them gain in your inventory.

Every item in the CM is offered through the Collections. It's on you as the player to do an economics check as to what is worth unlocking vs continuing to buy pieces in the GTN for you personally. But keep in mind.. the piece market is going to dry up over a period of time.. so if you don't stockpile you will be out of luck.

As for unlock prices... the Recovered Hero Set is 360 to unlock and is more then worth it. I like the set and have been stock piling it since it came out. And now with dyes available.. it's an even better set IMO. I am now emptying that stock pile and selling on the GTN. I have like 12 sets and am making a nice profit vs what I paid for them earlier. I don't need them, other people do, I have unlimited copies available across my account for characters and companions now and I'm earning credits unloading my inventory. It's a win for everyone.

And crystals... I had a large stockpile of all the colors.. and do not need them anymore. 60CC to unlock a +41 Endurance crystal and have unlimited copies for life is solid gold. So the crystals also go up on the GTN and I'll never have to pay to pull a crystal again, ever, to reuse.

Prices have increased on armor pieces and crystals, often doubling, on my server. They will remain incredibly high until enough people start getting gambling packs with gear or crystals they already have AND enough other players also have those items in their Collections. Until then, demand will be extremely high and thus prices will be outrageously distorted.

Yep.. there is a sharp demand spike in the market post patch. A great time to unload stuff you don't need. I think it will last about 2 weeks before it goes back to normal. Though older desireable armor pieces are scarce now and so they will probably remain at a premium.

/signed.

Not good that you need the full set tu unlock it in the collections, and more upseting is the prices for them for a subscriber! at least they could drop the prices lower than this! And make as they said by items not sets!

And also the prices for character customization are outrageos!

i think this feature is awesome

would prefer to unlock certain items only if i could but still i dont mind spending cc so i can use my full revan set on all my characters and start them all with hk :']

ty bioware

Edited by DarthMetalJoey

Eh. Dick move. Clumsy. And if it was motivated by avarice, absolutely dumb as well.

If people don't have a full set, then they can't give them any money to unlock it. If they'd done what they sort-of-but-not-really implied they'd do, they'd get money from anyone who wanted to unlock an item.

Not really sure why they did it this way. Can't say it'll make me unsub, but it's clumsy profiteering at best.

Agreed. It was a move to get people to buy entire sets, instead of individual items to generate more profit. Overall not to terrible but once again though poor wording by BW, they screwed it up by misleading gamers.

It's another BW 2 steps forward, one step back. They seem to have decent ideas but have trouble explaining and implementing them.

It was a move to get people to buy entire sets, instead of individual items to generate more profit.

Much of the armor sets are already essentially gone. So the only people making anything off of them are players in game selling stuff on the GTN that they were holding on to. So how exactly does that create more profit for Bioware.

Further... prior to Collections, many players would end up collecting multiple copies of items originating from packs for use on multiple characters. If anything, Collections (now that the requirements are understood) means less total pack sales since more players will buy one copy of items (directly or indirectly), unlock, and never buy again (not from the GTN, not from the CM). They will earn some coin revenue from people that expend for unlocks.. but it's not obvious that it increases total CC expenditures by players over all. Initially.. sure.. but ongoing?... not really. It's probably been tuned to be about neutral to Biowares revenue stream while giving players more flexibility in gear use.

Strange, I don't believe I was misled.

And guess what? Don't use the system. There ya go -- doesn't "exist" for you. Sorry, but it isn't useless. I will use it happily, as will MANY other people who have been RAVING about this addition since it was announced.

Sorry, you don't matter more than anyone else.

BS like this is why TOR will never be a better MMO.