Healing IS TOTALLY ouf of control

Loladarulz

I honestly think that, there's two things that cause this :

1) Augments - you really can't play without augments. Maybe you never really could, but that's more pronounced now with the MK-9s.

2) Serendipitous assault relics. These should go and be replaced with utility style relics that don't do any damage or any heals directly. Maybe something that generates energy or cleanses or small speed buffs or has a chance to CC break or etc. Random bursts of 450-900 power just doesn't do anything good for the perception of TTK in PVP.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the two Serendipitous relics no longer stacks. Bolster should factor in augments. Just make any unaugmented slot equal to having a green endurance + mainstat augment of that level. I know they stopped doing that due to exploits, but that's clearly Bioware's problem as there are no augments in the game that could possibly have given the stats people were getting, so it's not like Bolster was just accidentally handing out purple augments to everyone as the stats were way beyond that.

I think we can have Bolster just give you 115% of whatever HP you currently have while increase truama by 10%. This will increase TTK by 15% in the burst situation, but reduce the effectiveness of healing by 10% in any drawn out fight.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all the dps putting up 1-2 mil? Must mean they are broken too.

Just as a side note, some of you might find the WoW world championship arena (3 vs 3) pvp vidoes interesting. Some can last 45 mins with no one dying. I guess that is cheesy and boring too eh? Not real pvp? Not like xbox? Pew Pew? Broken?

/like

And all the dps putting up 1-2 mil? Must mean they are broken too.

Just as a side note, some of you might find the WoW world championship arena (3 vs 3) pvp vidoes interesting. Some can last 45 mins with no one dying. I guess that is cheesy and boring too eh? Not real pvp? Not like xbox? Pew Pew? Broken?

Panda PvP is no model, it was always extremely unbalanced and FOTM would change...well...monthly lol.

Even the devs said they gave up on balancing.

In fact right now, playing 'bad' is probably better than playing 'good' for an Operative because any DPS who is actually good enough to beat an Operative knows how to abuse all the various weaknesses in the Operative's interruptible heals. Therefore you might as well play like an instant spamming monkey as that has no weakness against any kind of interrupt. A lot of time when fighting an Operative I'm just waiting for him to cast his normal heal because interrupting that at the last 0.1s plus a stun gives me about 6s to burst him down instead of just 4s and that extra 2s is huge. Another funky meta game is when an Operative tries to trick you into interrupting with Diagnoistic Scan, except good players don't get fooled by that and just let them freecast Diagnostic Scan, putting the Operative way behind. The end result is that right now, it doesn't even pay to be a good healer if you're an Operative.

I rarely see the interruptable type of heals cast by Operatives. It seems they don't have to use those.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the two Serendipitous relics no longer stacks. Bolster should factor in augments. Just make any unaugmented slot equal to having a green endurance + mainstat augment of that level. I know they stopped doing that due to exploits, but that's clearly Bioware's problem as there are no augments in the game that could possibly have given the stats people were getting, so it's not like Bolster was just accidentally handing out purple augments to everyone as the stats were way beyond that.

I think we can have Bolster just give you 115% of whatever HP you currently have while increase truama by 10%. This will increase TTK by 15% in the burst situation, but reduce the effectiveness of healing by 10% in any drawn out fight.

/like

I rarely see the interruptable type of heals cast by Operatives. It seems they don't have to use those.

Usually they don't because their probes proc upper hand enough that they can just hit emergency medpack for a quick heal. If you ever see them casting they most likely need upper hand or trying to do a quick double heal by casting on one and instant with emergency medpack on another player.

Some of you might find the WoW world championship arena (3 vs 3) pvp vidoes interesting. Some can last 45 mins with no one dying. I guess that is cheesy and boring too eh? Not real pvp? Not like xbox? Pew Pew? Broken? Not real pvp?

You have it backwards. You want your pvp to play like pve. Pew pew, stuff dies. Mindless. If there are objectives and healing and strategy then it's not pvp? Think so?

WoW was never a model for PvP because healers are basically raid bosses. The only time WoW PvP was fun is when both sides had 1 or 0 healers.

WoW was never a model for PvP because healers are basically raid bosses. The only time WoW PvP was fun is when both sides had 1 or 0 healers.

Ya I hear ya, the annoying thing about mmos is that they have other players in them and what's really annoying is that some of them want to play classes other than dps. Xbox is better. Pew pew, stuff dies. Fun stuff.

I do think healing is not the problem. It is just how EA understand PvP. They made the PvP in SWTOR close to PvE. Healer, tank , dps. Tanks are ruing everything with their permanent shield on the healer + they have taunt and mass taunt. Giving major role for tanks in PvP is always a fail, because the point and fun in pvp is to kill the enemy player and with so much protection i can clearly say this game lost the focus in killing the player.

The 50% tank shield should not be permanent. They need to put a cooldown, or you will have a lot of games with no one dieing and pvp will never be the way it has to be.

In games like WoW and Aion for example, pvp works better, cause tanks have a lesser role.

because the point and fun in pvp is to kill the enemy player and with so much protection i can clearly say this game lost the focus in killing the player.

Who's going to be doing all this dieing? You? And when you do all this dieing, how long till you are back on these boards complaining (insert whatever class killed you here) is OP and needs nerfing?

Edited by MotorCityMan

I do think healing is not the problem. It is just how EA understand PvP. They made the PvP in SWTOR close to PvE. Healer, tank , dps. Tanks are ruing everything with their permanent shield on the healer + they have taunt and mass taunt. Giving major role for tanks in PvP is always a fail, because the point and fun in pvp is to kill the enemy player and with so much protection i can clearly say this game lost the focus in killing the player.

The 50% tank shield should not be permanent. They need to put a cooldown, or you will have a lot of games with no one dieing and pvp will never be the way it has to be.

In games like WoW and Aion for example, pvp works better, cause tanks have a lesser role.

I think giving tanks an effective role in PvP is one of SWTOR's shining / redeeming success's! It actually takes skill to do it right. A good tank doesn't just guard the healer and then play DPS they are watching the enemy and who is being focused and toggles guard accordingly.... they know which enemy needs to be peeled and who needs to be taunted. I find it hilarious when people taunt my sage healer but they do it all the time. SWTOR certainly has some problems with it's concept of PvP (*cough* world pvp *cough* but the role of tanks and healers is not it imo... believe it or not DPS is not the only role in PvP... objectives.... not deathmatch is the real prize in SWTOR warzones. People with your mentality are the ones that lose warzones for teams.

If the warzones were just deathmatches only, then yeah, you might be correct. However, the warzones are objective base. Because they are objective based, you are not correct. Therefore, roles like a tank fulfill are vitally important. Tanks are and should always be the anchor of the team. BioWare finally realized this and fixed an issue regarding shields. It was about time. If you're complaining about tanks, then they are doing their job; protect team mates and control the battlefield with their defensive abilities while the remaining team members accomplish the objectives.

If the warzones were just deathmatches only, then yeah, you might be correct. However, the warzones are objective base. Because they are objective based, you are not correct. Therefore, roles like a tank fulfill are vitally important. Tanks are and should always be the anchor of the team. BioWare finally realized this and fixed an issue regarding shields. It was about time. If you're complaining about tanks, then they are doing their job; protect team mates and control the battlefield with their defensive abilities while the remaining team members accomplish the objectives.

yes and no... turtle pvp is boring after a couple of minutes. seen in many games. and it drives people away.

yes and no... turtle pvp is boring after a couple of minutes. seen in many games. and it drives people away.

While I cannot disagree with you, it is all we have right now. Therefore, why not make the best of it? I mean what alternative do we have? Unsub and leave? That doesn't help. Personally, I enjoy PvP in SW:ToR more than I did in CoH/CoV and far more than that of GW2. So I make the best of it.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

I think giving tanks an effective role in PvP is one of SWTOR's shining / redeeming success's! It actually takes skill to do it right. A good tank doesn't just guard the healer and then play DPS they are watching the enemy and who is being focused and toggles guard accordingly.... they know which enemy needs to be peeled and who needs to be taunted. I find it hilarious when people taunt my sage healer but they do it all the time. SWTOR certainly has some problems with it's concept of PvP (*cough* world pvp *cough* but the role of tanks and healers is not it imo... believe it or not DPS is not the only role in PvP... objectives.... not deathmatch is the real prize in SWTOR warzones. People with your mentality are the ones that lose warzones for teams.

/like like like

/like like like

I think healing would be ok if they lower the cap time of objectives.

Healers are the main reason MOST matches stalemate but people hiding in stealth cause it as well.

The pvp in this game is not good and willl never be based on skill.

What other classes will do is so predictable it is sad.

Just do what I do and think:

You win some, you lose some.

While I cannot disagree with you, it is all we have right now. Therefore, why not make the best of it? I mean what alternative do we have? Unsub and leave? That doesn't help. Personally, I enjoy PvP in SW:ToR more than I did in CoH/CoV and far more than that of GW2. So I make the best of it.

I've been playing Defiance lately... surprisingly good pvp (with almost 0 healing/tanking) and the pve isn't bad either (actual AI).

I am going to ignore the other two people who comment me (noting personal) as i will answer to you. You guys clearly miss understand me. I am complaining only about their permanent 50% shield on healers. By nerfing this the joy in PvP will increase and i am not saying there should not be that kind of shield, but this shield has to have duration for example 45 seconds and cooldown 15 seconds.

And yes i have a tank too..

I am going to ignore the other two people who comment me (noting personal) as i will answer to you. You guys clearly miss understand me. I am complaining only about their permanent 50% shield on healers. By nerfing this the joy in PvP will increase and i am not saying there should not be that kind of shield, but this shield has to have duration for example 45 seconds and cooldown 15 seconds.

u cant CC tank and healer? like mez tank and pull healer etc.?

u cant CC tank and healer? like mez tank and pull healer etc.?

When i started to play this game 17.12.2011 there were a lot of good pvpers. Now i pray i never join with most of them in warzones..

/pray

I don't know how to answer to you other way

It took them a year to fix the shield problem. And now you want them to nerf it because it is more effective in protecting people? Why not ask them to do away with shields usable on others instead? This does not make any sense to have them to reduce the protection ability of a shield. You reduce the effectiveness of the tank. In other words, you want tanks to be like they were before 2.0. No, no, and no. If you play a tank, then you should know how to adapt, overcome, and improve your own ability to defeat the shielded and shieldee.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre