removing augments from bolster

SwiftDuck

Devs is this your idea of fixing bolster? this wasnt even the real problem. It still doesnt stop people from coming in with unaugmented 55 blues and still being atleast 10x more powerful than an augmented set of conqueror. This is the last straw. I have 9 days left in my sub. I refuse to give you guys anymore money if you cant do anything right. STOP COMING OUT WITH NEW POINTLESS CONTENT AND FIX WHAT YOU HAVE. Rant done

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs is this your idea of fixing bolster? this wasnt even the real problem. It still doesnt stop people from coming in with unaugmented 55 blues and still being atleast 10x more powerful than an augmented set of conqueror. This is the last straw. I have 9 days left in my sub. I refuse to give you guys anymore money if you cant do anything right. STOP COMING OUT WITH NEW POINTLESS CONTENT AND FIX WHAT YOU HAVE. Rant done

To be honest with you, I feel your pain. I just started to level up from 50, and I see that all my war hero gear, that I spent months grinding out, has absolutely no expertise on it (except the guns).

What level of stupidity does someone have to possess to completely remove expertise, the "pvp factor" of gear, completely out of.....pvp gear. Have these guys completely flipped their wigs?

I'm one of the few idiots left actually still paying for this game, and this is what I get for my money. Months of grinding pvp expertise gear, and when I hit 55 I get to go to the warzones to start the new level 55 grind with NO EXPERTISE.

I don't know what programming issues there were that lead to the "itemization issues" (whatever that means) that caused expertise to be removed completely from pvp gear, but whoever was in charge should not have let those clown shoes leave their desks until they resolved it without making a change that wiped out months of grinding done by their paying customers.

Going the way of SWG I see....

To be honest with you, I feel your pain. I just started to level up from 50, and I see that all my war hero gear, that I spent months grinding out, has absolutely no expertise on it (except the guns).

I stopped reading here. WH and EWH gear are the past and actually, I don't want BW devs to spend one single second fixing, or readapting redundant, superfluous gear. Get used to the facts that we now have an expansion and that you're not supposed to wear PvP gear before lvl 55 and that for this reason, old PvP gear that is usable at levels < 55 no longer works as PvP gear.

Edited by Cretinus

I stopped reading here. WH and EWH gear are the past and actually, I don't want BW devs to spend one single second fixing, or readapting redundant, superfluous gear. Get used to the facts that we now have an expansion and that you're not supposed to wear PvP gear before lvl 55 and that for this reason, old PvP gear that is usable at levels < 55 no longer works as PvP gear.

My gripe is not with sub 55 pvp. This augment removal from bolster is not the issue. Its the fact that someone can still go into a 55 bracket wz with 55 blues and as i said before, be far more powerful than someone with full augmented conqueror PVP gear. So in result any pvp gear is pointless. Why have it if terrible gear owns the best tier pvp sets?

why do people keep on ignoring the real problems? Its like no one even pays attention to whats going on.

My gripe is not with sub 55 pvp. This augment removal from bolster is not the issue. Its the fact that someone can still go into a 55 bracket wz with 55 blues and as i said before, be far more powerful than someone with full augmented conqueror PVP gear. So in result any pvp gear is pointless. Why have it if terrible gear owns the best tier pvp sets?

why do people keep on ignoring the real problems? Its like no one even pays attention to whats going on.

Probably because the REAL problem was people getting ridiculous stats by exploiting the augment glitch...

Get rid of all the bugs and then attempt to rework the formula.

That is not acceptable. They worked for that gear so it should not become superfluous. Better gear they must get to be optimal? Yes. Ruining the gear and not updating it to match the equivalent PVE gear stats wise is not acceptable. The reason the PVP gear is not on part stats wise with the PVE gear is due to expertise so they just took away the pro without removing the con? Stop me if they did update the PVE stats to match but I don't recall reading that. This doesn't affect me as I am fully geared for 55 PVP but for me it is the principle. If they can do it now they can do it later.

Probably because the REAL problem was people getting ridiculous stats by exploiting the augment glitch...

Get rid of all the bugs and then attempt to rework the formula.

They'll never go back to the formula now lol. They've already proven that they're content with just removing and removing and removing. When it comes to PvP, I expect them to always just "remove" bugs rather than fix them. If it's not as simple as adjusting the vertical axis of a force field, I expect it to simply be removed. That's what they've proven they do.

That is not acceptable. They worked for that gear so it should not become superfluous. Better gear they must get to be optimal? Yes. Ruining the gear and not updating it to match the equivalent PVE gear stats wise is not acceptable. The reason the PVP gear is not on part stats wise with the PVE gear is due to expertise so they just took away the pro without removing the con? Stop me if they did update the PVE stats to match but I don't recall reading that. This doesn't affect me as I am fully geared for 55 PVP but for me it is the principle. If they can do it now they can do it later.

Not defending BW, they handled this terribly - but removing the expertise from the gear is beneficial to you with the way bolster works. If they left the expertise on there you would get destroyed at 55 as bolster wouldn't work correctly for you.

That is not acceptable. They worked for that gear so it should not become superfluous.

There was an expansion. Old gear became superfluous. This happens in expansions.

And it was still fine for PvP after the change, it just became better for PvE too.

You're wasting your precious outrage on something trivial.

They removed expertise from the wh/ewh gear so that inside of Wz's it would be more powerful than just with the low expertise it had embedded on it.

And OMG, play the patch before *****in . You people are unbelievable. You will Not have better stats in 55 blues, as opposed to full conqueror gear, it's just straight ridiculous what you're saying. I tried it before this patch and I had *150more expertise in my 4 partisan gear than I did blues.

I cannot wait until mods start taking action against your whiney accounts for harassment. Because honestly, that's all this complaining about falsehoods is. Pure and simple harassment.

Edited by Iriquois

They'll never go back to the formula now lol. They've already proven that they're content with just removing and removing and removing. When it comes to PvP, I expect them to always just "remove" bugs rather than fix them. If it's not as simple as adjusting the vertical axis of a force field, I expect it to simply be removed. That's what they've proven they do.

And removing bugs is a bad thing? inb4 removing =/= fixing

What level of stupidity does someone have to possess to completely remove expertise, the "pvp factor" of gear, completely out of.....pvp gear. Have these guys completely flipped their wigs?

this actually makes sense on pve servers (where world pvp is a joke). there shouldn't be ANY expertise in a bolster system.

there shouldn't be any bolster in an expertise system.

sub 55 pvp REQUIRES bolster because of the disparate levels/abilities pitted against each other in the respective brackets.

the fact that +41 crystals are STILL the top of the line crystals in game AFTER the xpac is a problem.

the fact that BW didn't simply convert all +41 exp crystals that were installed in wh/ewh weapons/oh to +41 power is a problem. you see, mixing exp and non-expertise on the same piece of gear is the absolute worst thing a person could do in the bolster system. an unmodded gun would be better. but by taking exp off of wh/ewh mods while keeping it on the crystals turned the mh/oh into junk.

the augment issue is a problem.

the fact that they phased out top of the line vanilla gear (wh/ewh) with the introduction of a new xpac IS NOT A PROBLEM. grow up. xpacs render all gear from the former level cap impotent. this is a "you" issue. (impersonal, player not developer issue)

I cannot wait until mods start taking action against your whiney accounts for harassment. Because honestly, that's all this complaining about falsehoods is. Pure and simple harassment.

Falsehoods? We're commenting on the stated FACTS from the patch notes, not wild speculation or rumors.

And I agree with you about whiners!!! I hope they start with your whiny reply.

Its the fact that someone can still go into a 55 bracket wz with 55 blues and as i said before, be far more powerful than someone with full augmented conqueror PVP gear.

So wear 55 blues too, and your problem solved. :rolleyes:

Or probably matter in your skill now, when all have competitive gear with minimal gear gap, you feel yourself bad? :o

Falsehoods? We're commenting on the stated FACTS from the patch notes, not wild speculation or rumors.

And I agree with you about whiners!!! I hope they start with your whiny reply.

The falsehood is that blues>conqueror under bolster....

The stated fact from the patch note is that augments no longer contribute to bolster and that was the right thing to do in order to fix the exploit and not create new bugs. Any developer worth their salt saw this simple of a fix coming a mile away.

The falsehood is that blues>conqueror under bolster....

The stated fact from the patch note is that augments no longer contribute to bolster and that was the right thing to do in order to fix the exploit and not create new bugs. Any developer worth their salt saw this simple of a fix coming a mile away.

OK, I'll agree that that may very well be false. How well the fix works is yet to be seen.

OK, I'll agree that that may very well be false. How well the fix works is yet to be seen.

I don't see how ignoring the slot can possibly not fix it, I'm more worried about the overall impact to balance when people have/don't have augments now. May see some significant stat advantages to augmenting in low/mid level PvP.

I don't see how ignoring the slot can possibly not fix it, I'm more worried about the overall impact to balance when people have/don't have augments now. May see some significant stat advantages to augmenting in low/mid level PvP.

That's exactly why I said we'll need to wait and see how well it works :)

The only impact to balance will be the difference that augments provide. Essentially, the stat calculation would assumingly be (extremely general sense) :

(Gear stats + Bolster) + Augment stats = (WZ stats for your character)

So it really just comes down to credit/crafting investment vs reward(winning wz)... Which is a state of balance that is more than acceptable imo.

As far as creating a new extreme gear gap? We're talking low stat values multiplied by 12 so, what... An extra 120 endurance for example or something? I would expect teaming up and coordination or skill would trump 1000 extra hit points ;/

And removing bugs is a bad thing? inb4 removing =/= fixing

Fixing "bugs" is great. But this is just like the whole problem with Ilum Bolster during the Gree event where level 12's could group up with 50's for fairly quick XP - rather than FIX Bolster to NOT apply to players under 45, they just removed Bolster from everyone, negatively impacting 45-49 players. Or the problem with WH/EWH scaling - rather than allowing us to keep our Expertise on our gear, they simply removed it, impacting OW encounters. This is just another place where removing another intended feature results in unintended consequences.