Why do the vast majority of romances in this game border on pedophilia?

Zakaan

@above

Exactly!

if anything it is the opposite! the female inquisitor and warrior both of whom are 20 years old tops, actively pursue and hook up with men much older then them. Andronikos is 35 while Quinn is 37!

That's just like RL :p

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadia struck you as an adult woman? I ask about her specifically because I saw Risha, Kaliyo and Dorne as the only exceptions.

We know their ages as written -- they're all adults. They're not even underage by current American cultral standards, let alone actual children.

And I love how, when confronted with how wrong you are, you fall back on "but I was just exagerating for effect! And to be funny!"

Edited by Max_Killjoy

We know their ages as written -- they're all adults. They're not even underage by current American cultral standards, let alone actual children.

And I love how, when confronted with how wrong you are, you fall back on "but I was just exagerating for effect! And to be funny!"

but that's not what happened there are all. Your interpretations are as bad as your humor.

^ "I'm rubber and you're glue!" Cute.

Pretty much. Wanna fight about it?

Edited by Zakaan

I love the ignore list.

Then I guess he didn't want to talk about it. He wanted to nickpick and poke without actually engaging in discussion.

and to think he had the nerve to call someone else a troll :rolleyes:

Nadia struck you as an adult woman? I ask about her specifically because I saw Risha, Kaliyo and Dorne as the only exceptions.

Nadia is an adult woman, who's overprotected by an overbearing single father if memory serves me right. The storyline goes out of the way to show that every chance it gets.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

There was actually ONE romantic encounter that smacked a little bit of pedophilia, although it wasn't. Because My agent actually says that the NPC looked like a 12 year old. (Ki Sazen). She isn't, but still, it was a little odd to say that and then sleep with her. :p

Nah, it's facetious. People usually mistake it with trolling along with sarcasm, humor in general or anything that they just don't like.

The cable news title would feature the title "Underage Sexual Content in Star Wars The Old Republic? What are your kids playing?" where I state that all of the characters are 12 years old while the PC is 160 without having ever played the game.

Naa - people just use the excuse "Oh, I was being facetious/sarcastic/using humor" when being busted on their ignorance/trolling.

Obviously you were not being 'facetious' until you got shot down by people.

Nadia is an adult woman, who's overprotected by an overbearing single father if memory serves me right. The storyline goes out of the way to show that every chance it gets.

Well, they tell you she's an adult but she has the demeanor of a 16 year old. Nadia's youth was a running joke in my guild around launch.

"You know Nadia's like, 14 right?"

"What, really?"

"Nah, they tell you she's an adult but that's obviously just to keep the police off their backs. She's clearly a kid."

Naa - people just use the excuse "Oh, I was being facetious/sarcastic/using humor" when being busted on their ignorance/trolling.

Obviously you were not being 'facetious' until you got shot down by people.

Please, tell me more about how the obvious exaggerations smiley faces in the OP were not part of a joke. Did you really think I felt nervous romancing the characters that all had codex entries professing their age and that I thought Bioware is filled with lecherous writers interested in underage girls whose lewd fantasies were bleeding into their work? :rolleyes:

Edited by Zakaan

Well, they tell you she's an adult but she has the demeanor of a 16 year old. Nadia's youth was a running joke in my guild around launch.

"What, really?"

"Nah, they tell you she's an adult but that's obviously just to keep the police off their backs. She's clearly a kid."

Then it must surly be the truth if it was a joke in your guild at launch.

"What, really?"

Guess the part concerning an "overbearing, overprotective single father" didn't really sink in yet, did it? :D

So what they shouldn't be so girly? Is that what you are saying? Very few of them are. Kira is not, Dorne is not, Raina is not etc... Nadia is a bit, but that is due to her protected life. Same thing with Ashara. Maturity comes with experience, you have to see some life. Mako looks and sounds girly but she doesn't act like it. This lead's us to Vette who is going to be teen even if she is 70 years old. That's just who she is :)

That's for the companions. So why are the NPC's so young and naive? You have to remember the player base. A lot of the players are teens (or so it was intended) and let me tell you one thing... Insecure young teen boy is not going to romance a female that is more mature and older than he is.

I understand that it creates entirely different reaction to older people, but you cannot make the characters to fit all ages. This game is rated T. If it was rated M of A, I bet there hadn't been need for this, and this conversation had never happened.

Edited by Kayin

Guess the part concerning an "overbearing, overprotective single father" didn't really sink in yet, did it? :D

and Kira's a scrappy booger because she grew up as an urchin on Nar Shaddaa after she fled from the sith :cool:

:rolleyes:

Obviously they're going to be legal. That doesn't change the nature of the relationship.

Are you talking US/IRAN legal as in 18-21 ?

Because were i live in Europa it's like 15-16 all over. Just imagine how it's like in the star wars universe.

BTW this thread is sick, plis dont talk about kids in this way.And not 1 of the companions are kids and

pedophilia have nothing to do with it, disgusting .

Are you talking US/IRAN legal as in 18-21 ?

Because were i live in Europa it's like 15-16 all over. Just imagine how it's like in the star wars universe.

BTW this thread is sick, plis dont talk about kids in this way.And not 1 of the companions are kids and

pedophilia have nothing to do with it, disgusting .

US actually varies in age, with 18 being the legal age for less than half the states. In fact, in New Mexico, legal age for male/male relationships is...12 (unless that law recently changed, which to my knowledge, it hasnt).

So what they shouldn't be so girly? Is that what you are saying? Very few of them are. Kira is not, Dorne is not, Raina is not etc... Nadia is a bit, but that is due to her protected life. Same thing with Ashara. Maturity comes with experience, you have to see some life. Mako looks and sounds girly but she doesn't act like it. This lead's us to Vette who is going to be teen even if she is 70 years old. That's just who she is :)

That's for the companions. So why are the NPC's so young and naive? You have to remember the player base. A lot of the players are teens (or so it was intended) and let me tell you one thing... Insecure young teen boy is not going to romance a female that is more mature and older than he is.

I understand that it creates entirely different reaction to older people, but you cannot make the characters to fit all ages. This game is rated T. If it was rated M of A, I bet there hadn't been need for this, and this conversation had never happened.

You obviously haven been to TERA or Scarlet Blade forums, where the characters expressing said to be adults, written as adults, and then censored and those are M rated games.

US actually varies in age, with 18 being the legal age for less than half the states. In fact, in New Mexico, legal age for male/male relationships is...12 (unless that law recently changed, which to my knowledge, it hasnt).

male/male only ? :p anyways that a klittle to young.

2) They're all over 18 (even tho we have no idea if there is even a legal age in the Star Wars universe, which likely varies anyways between race and planet). You know that mature looking Chiss? Yeah. He/she is really 11. They age faster, by 10 years old, they're young adults.

Obviously they're going to be legal. That doesn't change the nature of the relationship.

Actually it does make a difference, people grow up at the rate society decides rather than a biological rate, up until very recently (end of nineteenth century for england) people were acting as grown-ups by age 13, making mature decisions etc. Nowadays 18 year olds have trouble acting maturely, conclusion if you have a legal age (which you should for all sorts of reasons) people don't act like adults until they reach it. The main arguement against pedophilia is that the younger person can't defend themselves from being manipulated/abused (I agree), but in these cases the person is grown up, they might not be experienced, but they can defend themselves both physically and emotionally, if they can't then they shouldn't be out in society.

3) Play a trooper...Jorgen and Dorne do not look dainty or even 18ish.

Dorne's still your naive/innocent subordinate

Subordinate yes, niave/innocent no, vulnerable not really. Rethink this argument.

I've seen vids of the two sith classes and they both pork their padawans but they're supposed to be creepy robe-wearing stalkers so I suppose it's okay.

I don't want to think about Darth Baras, Darth Zash maybe, and it's not that they're supposed to be creepy but that they're supposed to be Passionate, with no boundaries either.

Mako is 16 at the beginning of the game's events, being the youngest of all companions, and even that is not pedophilia. I can't say there's something bad about having relationships with a 16 year old girl. Just saying. Edited by Screamenko

I think its more of a case of bioware (in general) having a penchant for malnurished, short early-teens looking girls.

What that tells us about them, i'll leave unsaid.

Of all the female companions the majority of them seem to be of body type 1. A few are body type 2.

Not a single one are of body type 3 or 4.

Akaavi spar could easily have been a type 3. And alot of them could have been type 4.

But nope. Almost all of them look like dainty little teenagers despite them supposedly being 20+.

Its one of my pet peeves in this game actually.

I think its more of a case of bioware (in general) having a penchant for malnurished, short early-teens looking girls.

What that tells us about them, i'll leave unsaid.

Of all the female companions the majority of them seem to be of body type 1. A few are body type 2.

Not a single one are of body type 3 or 4.

Akaavi spar could easily have been a type 3. And alot of them could have been type 4.

But nope. Almost all of them look like dainty little teenagers despite them supposedly being 20+.

Its one of my pet peeves in this game actually.

This guy gets it.