Why do the vast majority of romances in this game border on pedophilia?

Zakaan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sort of strains credibility (IMO) for Vette to be only 21, seeing as how (spoiler for both Warrior and Smuggler stories)...

She used to be part of Nok Drayen's crew, running around and having adventures and stuff with him, and he's been in a carbonite freeze for ten years.

Seems to me she should have at least several more years on her.

She ended up leaving his gang hen he was still walking around and was in it when she was very young. Id say she was more in it as a friend of Risha.

People seem to forget the characters age as the game goes on, they just dont change appearance. There's more than a few years involved in the storyline.

Going back to an earlier point, my trooper totally gets to hook up with Garza right? Because you know....that would be heaven...is there anything wrong with me?

It's because of those pillows she's got stuffed into her uniform isn't it?

I sort of agree. I do wish there were mature women for the male characters to romance.

SCORPIO should be romanceable. That would be NC-17.

Mature as in older? Like way older?

Dorne for trooper might come out that way actually, but only older by a couple of years.

Kaliyo seems older to me, but I already forgot her age :p But again, only a couple of years older at most.

Mature as in older? Like way older?

Dorne for trooper might come out that way actually, but only older by a couple of years.

Kaliyo seems older to me, but I already forgot her age :p But again, only a couple of years older at most.

Mature as in less childish. It's not always about the numbers. You can be 30 and act like a 13 year old or be 17 and appear more mature than most adults I know.

The first thing I thought when I saw Nadia was "since I got this girl as a companion does that mean I don't get a romance?".

That and the sagging jowls and no-nonsense ways. You've pegged me pretty good.

Oh, those soft and wrinkled cheeks of hers....

Edited by Zakaan

She ended up leaving his gang hen he was still walking around and was in it when she was very young. Id say she was more in it as a friend of Risha.

People seem to forget the characters age as the game goes on, they just dont change appearance. There's more than a few years involved in the storyline.

Actually, the story happens in span of several months.So called 'Cold War' (period from Sacking of Coruscant till third chapter of class stories) lasted 11 years, and at the start of the game it is known that Sacking of Coruscant happened ten years ago. Which gives the events of first two chapters about a year to unfold.

I understand about roleplay(which is important part of mmos)/canon division, but we are talking about game story here, not personal headcanons.

Actually, the story happens in span of several months.So called 'Cold War' (period from Sacking of Coruscant till third chapter of class stories) lasted 11 years, and at the start of the game it is known that Sacking of Coruscant happened ten years ago. Which gives the events of first two chapters about a year to unfold.

I understand about roleplay(which is important part of mmos)/canon division, but we are talking about game story here, not personal headcanons.

I was basing it off Satele saying it had been years since her and my JK first met.

Mature as in less childish. It's not always about the numbers. You can be 30 and act like a 13 year old or be 17 and appear more mature than most adults I know.

The first thing I thought when I saw Nadia was "since I got this girl as a companion does that mean I don't get a romance?".

Oh, those soft and wrinkled cheeks of hers....

Remember that SNL skit with Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley as Chipendale dancers? Remember when one of them had the dream of riding on the horse with the other one? Now I imagine me and Malgus doing the same along a beach somewhere when...

You know given the ignorance present on this planet along with that on the internet, it's probably best not to go there in a quasi-serious thread with an incendiary title.

Garza is hot though.

Yeah, not sure which romance the OP is talking about...

My opinion: He was having a Tera flashback to the character creaton screen, got disoriented and thought it was part of a story covo as he returned to consciousness at his computer. :p

Mature as in less childish.

Sounds to me like you are talking about the forum now. :p

But I digress...

So.. what.. 7 pages in and what have we learned? That peoples taste in other parties to be romanced are all over the map. We have people who are uncomfortable with romancing jail bait and we have people who are uncomfortable romancing old gummers... and everything in between. Conversely.. we have people who are completely fine with both extremes as well as everything in between... including soup cans... err.. I mean Scorpio. :)

But I digress...

So.. what.. 7 pages in and what have we learned? That peoples taste in other parties to be romanced are all over the map. We have people who are uncomfortable with romancing jail bait and we have people who are uncomfortable romancing old gummers... and everything in between. Conversely.. we have people who are completely fine with both extremes as well as everything in between... including soup cans... err.. I mean Scorpio. :)

I just vomited in my mouth.

But I digress...

I quit reading anything but my own posts and those that responded to them a long time ago. Has anyone asked why it was not possible to engage both Malgus and said "soup can" at the same time yet? Because, you know, if precautions weren't taken, that might chafe.

I'm not sure if it's creepy on Bioware's part or just reflective of how they view their fanbase but every class I've played so far (excluding the smuggler) ends up romancing some dainty and youthful girl who serves under him. It always devolves to some strange power fantasy where the glorious hero is fondling his subordinate.

It makes me uncomfortable. :mad:

So far I've played through 3 of the romances on 3 Republic classes: Trooper, Smuggler, and Consular.

All three appeared to be a romance with adult women.

The only one I haven't played through so far, as my Knight is a female, is the first female companion you get. And she's also an adult woman.

So I'm with the others... not sure what or whom you're referring to.

I'm not sure if it's creepy on Bioware's part or just reflective of how they view their fanbase but every class I've played so far (excluding the smuggler) ends up romancing some dainty and youthful girl who serves under him. It always devolves to some strange power fantasy where the glorious hero is fondling his subordinate.

It makes me uncomfortable. :mad:

Power fantasy? It would seem to me that you are reading your own nefarious doings into this. I swear sometimes people are just hell bent on finding some sort of agenda in everything.

I was basing it off Satele saying it had been years since her and my JK first met.

Maybe she meant it figuratively? Sometimes I say 'its' been ages since I did something', when in fact it could be just several weeks ago:)

Also, I do not remember, was it stated that meeting of Satele and Knight on Tython was the first one? Maybe she meant that she knew knight since s/he was a teen/child? Knight has been in training for years, it's just his/her last trials that took place on Tython. So maybe she indeed was watching Knight's progress for years, but it meant events from before the game? But that's just me theorizing, since I do not remember facts here:)

Edited by PaniMauser

Male warrior got 2 kids, male consular got kid, male inquisitor got kid, male bounty got kid. But it's not majority. OP, you are exaggerating. :p

Knight, Consular, Warrior, Inq, Agent, Bounty hunter.

6/8 classes.

So far I've played through 3 of the romances on 3 Republic classes: Trooper, Smuggler, and Consular.

All three appeared to be a romance with adult women.

The only one I haven't played through so far, as my Knight is a female, is the first female companion you get. And she's also an adult woman.

So I'm with the others... not sure what or whom you're referring to.

Nadia struck you as an adult woman? I ask about her specifically because I saw Risha, Kaliyo and Dorne as the only exceptions.

Edited by Zakaan

Nah, it's facetious. People usually mistake it with trolling along with sarcasm, humor in general or anything that they just don't like.

The cable news title would feature the title "Underage Sexual Content in Star Wars The Old Republic? What are your kids playing?" where I state that all of the characters are 12 years old while the PC is 160 without having ever played the game.

So we're back where it was you trolling all along...