So Bioware... WTFBolster?

Xerain

So I'm in full partisans gear minus a relic (saving for the conq) and I currently just have it replaced with an old WH relic. So I want to know since i'm like fully geared pretty much, why is bolster giving me anymore stats?

Don't believe me? here

I see that I'm getting a bunch of willpower but i'm wondering where the almost 200 damage is coming from and why?

Just remove this crappy bolster please because it's broken and def ***.

So I'm in full partisans gear minus a relic (saving for the conq) and I currently just have it replaced with an old WH relic. So I want to know since i'm like fully geared pretty much, why is bolster giving me anymore stats?

Don't believe me? here

I see that I'm getting a bunch of willpower but i'm wondering where the almost 200 damage is coming from and why?

Just remove this crappy bolster please because it's broken and def ***.

lol, does bolster increase your pvp rating as well? That would be hilarious, for all the people with 500 and below ratings, bolster raises their ratings to 3000+, so that they can feel special too, even though they didn't work for it.

You have probably the worst keybinds I've ever seen. Truly, just the worst. I mean, worse than Doug from Dara Mactire, and he had Sprint on his first hotbar.

Doug--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSJs5mIzy8c

LMFAO

Edited by Theology

You have probably the worst keybinds I've ever seen. Truly, just the worst. I mean, worse than Doug from Dara Mactire, and he had Sprint on his first hotbar.

Actually my keybinds are fine, the UI sucks, also I run a naga and have a g110 keyboard so everything is pretty much laid out in that fashion.

To answer your original inquiry... yes in PvP gear inside a WZ you get bolstered stats... why you ask? Because people in 69 and 72 pve gear would have much higher stats than people in pvp gear... so youre basically complaining about them giving you free stats to make sure your pvp gear is better than someone in pve gear lol.

To answer your original inquiry... yes in PvP gear inside a WZ you get bolstered stats... why you ask? Because people in 69 and 72 pve gear would have much higher stats than people in pvp gear... so youre basically complaining about them giving you free stats to make sure your pvp gear is better than someone in pve gear lol.

But i thought that's what expertise was for in pvp gear and while in pve gear you don't gain as much expertise?

But i thought that's what expertise was for in pvp gear and while in pve gear you don't gain as much expertise?

I think only weapons get extra behind the scene boosts because the Expertise formula breaks down there due to the massive affect weapons have on overall DPS. Your weapon has 191 Expertise so it's about 1/10 of your Expertise budget, but it sure accounts for way more than 10% of your DPS.

This may be oversimple, but I think it should work like this:

- Your PvP hilt goes up to level 72 damage

- Your PvP hilt matches the damage of the PvE hilt in wzs only

- Your PvP hilt keeps expertise, the PvE one doesn't get as much

so youre basically complaining about them giving you free stats to make sure your pvp gear is better than someone in pve gear lol.

Or he is pointing out just how f'ed up this bolster system is. If it was done correctly, raid gear would have never been superior in the first place and then PvP would never need to be bolstered to ensure it is on par...

yes. bolster and expertise essentially work in opposition to one another. or, think of it as two opposing forces trying to correct the same problem in their own, different ways. it's silly. it really is. expertise exists to prevent pve from dominating in pvp and vice versa. there wasn't any expertise in lowbie pre 2.0, so bolster, on its own, was a legit means of addressing the disparity in level. it wasn't as effective as it could have been, and neither was expertise (because pvp didn't rely heavily enough on exp + some misguided souls thought they didn't need expertise at all).

:2cents:

Edited by foxmob

A yellow post on this would be great but I know i'm not getting it... This bolster thing is stupid.

You shall get no yellow post for QQ, its because they are working on the problem that exist in these threads.

I will give you a example,

Thanks for the threads guys! I have read through a million complaints about the Bolster, and we have been working on it this whole time. For those of you that don't understand game development patience is the key when dealing with whining spoiled rotten gamers that can't sit back and enjoy the small things in a game. I understand your mad about Bolster, just take a look http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=3884021.

For the millionth time we are working on the problems in the game, once its fixed then you will know. Thanks for all the QQ threads.

-Fake Bioware

That is what they are thinking.

You shall get no yellow post for QQ, its because they are working on the problem that exist in these threads.

I will give you a example,

Thanks for the threads guys! I have read through a million complaints about the Bolster, and we have been working on it this whole time. For those of you that don't understand game development patience is the key when dealing with whining spoiled rotten gamers that can't sit back and enjoy the small things in a game. I understand your mad about Bolster, just take a look http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=3884021.

For the millionth time we are working on the problems in the game, once its fixed then you will know. Thanks for all the QQ threads.

-Fake Bioware

That is what they are thinking.

No one was QQ'ing. I was just wondering why I have more damage in the warzone than outside the warzone.

No one was QQ'ing. I was just wondering why I have more damage in the warzone than outside the warzone.

A hint,

Bolster has problems, they are still trying to fix it.

The game is bugged to bloody hell.