The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NEW WZ EXPLOIT -- Scamper FTW

SOULCASTER

Maybe you and your guildies should have played swg before 2009. I don't think you want to bring swg bria but since you did! I'll let you and your guild members think a little more before sticking that foot further down your throat.Your words,i'm a jock hanger because no one in your guild from bria ever heard of me.

Played before 2009: Check

Played vs. WAR/MCO-e: Check

Never heard of this troll: Check

./feedstroll

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i claim to be a legend? No. Never heard of your guild or you either,oh wait you haven't said who you were there or what your guild name was.Care to share?

Why don't you illuminate us all with the name of your uberness and uber guild mates mate? I played on Bria too...guild name was AXIS.

Op perhaps you could just **** trollish jock hanger.

Continues to feed troll:D

Edited by Falkenhausen

Played before 2009: Check

Played vs. WAR/MCO-e: Check

Never heard of this troll: Check

./feedstroll

Mco-e was the carebear side of mco aka pve. One thing im not scared to show is who i am so why are all of you? Want to take a guess on when soulcaster formed his lolguild on bria? Bet ya it was after 2009 lol.

Why don't you illuminate us all with the name of your uberness and uber guild mates mate? I played on Bria too...guild name was AXIS.

Op perhaps you could just **** trollish jock hanger.

Continues to feed troll:D

We had tee,omega,gwhizz,koz-molo and quite a few others that made up the guild known as ESF. Now you can continue to act like the names don't ring a bell and the guild didn't exist :D

1) Scamper doesn't bother me, other than it's name. I haven't experienced it being utilized in a manner in which it was not intended (but then again apparently EVERYTHING is working as intended here....) so I remain neutral.

2) How did this thread turn into a urination contest? You wonder why the devs don't fix anything... I would venture to guess that it has at least a little something to do with the often-laughable forum pillowfights. How can they take anyone seriously?

1) Scamper doesn't bother me, other than it's name. I haven't experienced it being utilized in a manner in which it was not intended (but then again apparently EVERYTHING is working as intended here....) so I remain neutral.

2) How did this thread turn into a urination contest? You wonder why the devs don't fix anything... I would venture to guess that it has at least a little something to do with the often-laughable forum pillowfights. How can they take anyone seriously?

Maybe,just maybe,when the guy who keeps making these threads learns to disguise his "nerf scamper" agenda better? Listen,it's obvious he wants the ability nerfed and will keep looking for reasons to make threads about it so i ask you why should they take it seriously? The ability isn't broken like he is claiming it is,he just doesn't like it because it gives ops and advantage.Same advantage others have enjoyed but the moment a op gets to enjoy something NO WAY NERF IT!

When attacking in a voidstar, at the last cloner with the 3 force fields, you can /scamper from the top ledge over the force field (bypassing it entirely) and plant on the other side on the last door before anyone can get to you.

YAAAAY! Go devs!

This ability has been broken since its creation. WHEN WILL YOU NERF THIS ????????

Those last 3 forcefields could do with a redesign. It is possible to exploit them more then one way.

The fact that scamper is the the fastest way across the map will be fixed. It's aesthetically stupid and broken.

This WZ exploit will be fixed, I am sure.

No problem with exploits being fixed as long as it doesn't require a nerf to someone to do it.That's just lack of skill or laziness to nerf things instead of fixing the exploit. Force run and pred have been used to speed across the map,should they be nerfed to and why was there no such a roar for ALL abilities that give a class any advantage to reach a ball or goal? Stop pointing fingers at one class if you want to have balance and if you want people to support something on a larger scale.

Those last 3 forcefields could do with a redesign. It is possible to exploit them more then one way.

It's amazing though isn't it that all of the other exploits get left out of the picture when the guy creating the thread could very easily have mentioned them. It's possible to exploit almost every single warzone i would imagine in one way or another by multiple classes and it might go further to ask for those kind of fixes to the warzones that are needed instead of asking for nerfs to peoples abilities that others don't like.

No problem with exploits being fixed as long as it doesn't require a nerf to someone to do it.That's just lack of skill or laziness to nerf things instead of fixing the exploit. Force run and pred have been used to speed across the map,should they be nerfed to and why was there no such a roar for ALL abilities that give a class any advantage to reach a ball or goal? Stop pointing fingers at one class if you want to have balance and if you want people to support something on a larger scale.

When something is out of balance it needs a nerf. Simple as that. Scamper is in current form is completely broken. I can't imagine this is how the developers envisioned it. Literally spamming it to get across the map can't possibly be working as intended. Not only does it look absurd but it is now being used to exploit map problems.

I like how you blamed scamper and not the actual design of Void Star.

Did you forget to mention that after the first Void Star door is down and the enemy is pushed to the other side...

...Jedis/Sith can jump across the pit to the other side?

Edited by Tiaa

When something is out of balance it needs a nerf. Simple as that. Scamper is in current form is completely broken. I can't imagine this is how the developers envisioned it. Literally spamming it to get across the map can't possibly be working as intended. Not only does it look absurd but it is now being used to exploit map problems.

people like this are the reason I come and read the forums. please continue your "NERFS IT" convo while i grab some popcorn. and if you can add a "nerf leap, nerf smash, nerf exicutes, nerf healing, nerf electro net" or any of the other nerf please do :D

Edited by ForsakenKing

they are 2 separate issues, and the op is clearly treating them as one. but I do think scamper is getting out of control. it's like having sprint w/o cd for 5-6 times in a row. I honestly don't mind such a thing in rated where grp comp is A) controllable, and B) always has been more important. it's like having a sin or a guardian tank or a combat sent. you have choices to make. there's no choice in regs, which account for the vast majority of WZs. and a 2 scamper limit wouldn't kill anything in rated, imo.

edit: or how about this: diminishing returns on scamper. maybe you move slower each time? or perhaps it just doesn't go as far each succeeding time? no one cares about the energy cost. it rarely comes into play. make it free for all I care.

I'm no pro on my scoundrel (scrapper), but it took like two seconds to figure out how easy it is to abuse that abil at the start of cw, nc, and all the time in hb. additionally, do we really need to give op healers, who already have flash grenade, and a solid stun and...uh...STEALTH...do they really need a spammable escape? (twice is reasonable; more than 2x, and it begins to resemble a WZ version of spaceballs: they've gone plaid!")

Edited by foxmob

I like how you blamed scamper and not the actual design of Void Star.

Did you forget to mention that after the first Void Star door is down and the enemy is pushed to the other side...

...Jedis/Sith can jump across the pit to the other side?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

...Don't ruin this for me.

Played Operative + Scoundrel since launch. This ability needs a re-worked animation and this exploit needs to be patched with an invisible ceiling barrier.

I shouldn't be able to scamper/exfiltrate off of a catwalk and go 20m (abusing roll momentum + the blinking back and forth from departure to arrival zone glitch) to LOS while healing myself.

Played Operative + Scoundrel since launch. This ability needs a re-worked animation and this exploit needs to be patched with an invisible ceiling barrier.

I shouldn't be able to scamper/exfiltrate off of a catwalk and go 20m (abusing roll momentum + the blinking back and forth from departure to arrival zone glitch) to LOS while healing myself.

Yeah,i hate it when i see people rolling off something higher and landing further then i feel they should to.I hope they one day make a game and take my feelings into the matter before rudely making abilities that do stuff like this.

Begging a guildie to come make a post in your thread -1

That guildie ignoring the fact other abilities do the same -1

Btw,same lexlo from bria? How are those nightsister armbands holding up?

You are crying,plain and simple. Multiple threads,same ability but it's not the same since you put exploit in front of it amirite? Pretty sure no one in your guild is exploiting it is a great story,maybe you should spend some time looking at your guildies instead of creating new threads on the same ability before making claims and before starting a soap box about exploits. Btw,tears stunt the growth of a jock developing so i wouldn't worry too much on that starting up a fan club.

Whatcha' wanna bet this guy is running multiple pieces of third-party software?