Are warzone weekly's impossible for F2P?

Exostrike

It seems to me that the weekly quests for warzones are impossible for the average f2p player. One of them I'm doing at the moment is one where I have to win 3 warzone matches. However for some reason the empire almost always loses in pvp.

Given that f2p get 5 warzone matches a week they have to get 3 wins with only 2 chances before they can't complete the quest.

Personally I feel that this is unfair for f2p players in some respects.

It seems to me that the weekly quests for warzones are impossible for the average f2p player. One of them I'm doing at the moment is one where I have to win 3 warzone matches. However for some reason the empire almost always loses in pvp.

Given that f2p get 5 warzone matches a week they have to get 3 wins with only 2 chances before they can't complete the quest.

So if they are not very good they may not manage to do that every week, but they will almost certainly get it done every other week.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Also, play better and you'll win more often. Every player out there affects their teams chances to win significantly.

Not a lower levels it seems.

I'm a level 21 sith marauder on the european english pve server and most of the time the empire lose. The main problem seems to be voidstar. If the defenders can block the attacks for even a few seconds its all over as you'll never fight through all 3 in the time you get.

I'm a level 21 sith marauder on the european english pve server and most of the time the empire lose. The main problem seems to be voidstar. If the defenders can block the attacks for even a few seconds its all over as you'll never fight through all 3 in the time you get.

Hi, I'm also on Red Eclipse. I have won multiple lowbie matches in there with Empire.

Erm what? The Voidstar involves switching sides, and scoring doesn't work like that.

For each gate you breach you earn a point.

Maybe they should just get rid of the sub all together and make the game f2p Foreal.. I am tired of spending 15 dollars a month and the devs keep on catering to the crowd of noobs that are paying nothing... That is probably why they added this ******** flawed bolster system in the first place. Quit crying and get a subscription.

Erm what? The Voidstar involves switching sides, and scoring doesn't work like that.

For each gate you breach you earn a point.

yes and which team that can breach the doors faster gets more points.

Maybe they should just get rid of the sub all together and make the game f2p Foreal.. I am tired of spending 15 dollars a month and the devs keep on catering to the crowd of noobs that are paying nothing... That is probably why they added this ******** flawed bolster system in the first place. Quit crying and get a subscription.

Really? I would point out that we're keeping your game alive. So stop it and atleast tolerate us in silence.

Edited by Exostrike

yes and which team that can breach the doors faster gets more points.

Really? I would point out that we're keeping your game alive. So stop it and atleast tolerate us in silence.

Keeping the game alive? You contribute nothing, aside from a warm body. People paying the sub fee AND buying cartel coins are keeping the game alive. Not that it's anywhere near the brink of failure,anyway. This thread, on the other hand, has failure all through it. Good job. You've scored another hollow blow for undeserved entitlement everywhere.

The weekly might as well be monthly if you're on F2P.

In theory, the F2P is what's keeping this game alive (if this is not the case, they wouldn't have gone to F2P). Due to the F2P being poorly implemented when it comes to WZs, this might not be actually happening right now.

If you get 1/3 one week, I'm pretty sure it doesn't go back down to 0/3 for the next week. Just keep doing it and you'll eventually get it.

Why on earth you'd want to play this game as F2P I do not know though. If you've got issues where you cannot afford the subscription or simply don't want to, I'd still just not bother playing the game. There is far too many f2p restrictions on this game.

If you get 1/3 one week, I'm pretty sure it doesn't go back down to 0/3 for the next week. Just keep doing it and you'll eventually get it..

Well at the moment I'm at 1/10 a day. Thats one victory for 10 matches, I don't think I can do it in 5 matches.

If you get 1/3 one week, I'm pretty sure it doesn't go back down to 0/3 for the next week. Just keep doing it and you'll eventually get it.

Why on earth you'd want to play this game as F2P I do not know though. If you've got issues where you cannot afford the subscription or simply don't want to, I'd still just not bother playing the game. There is far too many f2p restrictions on this game.

Because you can get enough credit to buy the WZ passes just from the daily/weekly rewards themselves. It's not an issue of affordability. You're literally throwing money away for no reason because WZ passes are extremely cheap to the point where it's self-sustaining even if you only PvP, let alone if you do any PvE dailys on the side. You only need to sub one month to have enough money to buy Artifact Equipment Authorization (Account) and everything else can be bought for 350K credits. The +50% cost to comms sounds intimidating but thanks to the overall rebalancing, Conqueror gear is no longer absolutely needed and +50% on Partisan is no big deal.

Of course once enough people figure this out the market for the passes will collapse and then you will also have a collapse in the overall population when people realize they don't need to pay $15/month for this game at all. So it's probably better that people remain ignorant.

• 3 weeks later...
Because you can get enough credit to buy the WZ passes just from the daily/weekly rewards themselves. It's not an issue of affordability. You're literally throwing money away for no reason because WZ passes are extremely cheap to the point where it's self-sustaining even if you only PvP, let alone if you do any PvE dailys on the side. You only need to sub one month to have enough money to buy Artifact Equipment Authorization (Account) and everything else can be bought for 350K credits. The +50% cost to comms sounds intimidating but thanks to the overall rebalancing, Conqueror gear is no longer absolutely needed and +50% on Partisan is no big deal.

Of course once enough people figure this out the market for the passes will collapse and then you will also have a collapse in the overall population when people realize they don't need to pay $15/month for this game at all. So it's probably better that people remain ignorant.

SHHHHH!!! Don't let the EA Overlords hear you!

Hell it's unfair for subs too. I sometimes don't get my weekly I get farmed so much. Feel like a cabbage.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is epic.

The life for the F2P can't be that good..... just subscribe or get the weekly pas r change sides if the republic is easy win for you or change server where Empire rulez PvP

Yesterday i had luck and have won 5 matches in a row..so there are your abilities and your group mates and there is a lot of luck on the other side Ad sometimes you have to wait till 10th match to finally earn victory

Tomb of Freedon Nadd server

As long as you have Artifact Equipment Authorization there's really no difference between F2P and subs because Conqueror gear really isn't needed, though the increased cost to add augment slots can be pretty painful. There's always someone selling Warzone passes at a reasonable price from my experience and I suspect if more people buy them, the price might actually go down as people would realize that it sells and then spend CC to buy more passes to sell, which is actually good for EA anyway. At least, that was my example with cartel packs (the more I bought, the cheaper it becomes because people started buying more of them to sell for credits which leads to more competition). As long as people are willing to blow thousands of CC on cartel stuff and millions of credits for the rare items, it's not hard for people to put 2 & 2 and realize if WZ passes are selling, they should simply buy passes to sell for credits and then use credits to buy the expensive stuff.

Earlier I saw people selling Species Unlock: Cathar for 250K and that's like 600 CC, and that's relatively risky as you really have no idea if anybody's really interested in this stuff. WZ passes, looking at the volume they move on GTN, seems to be much safer bets. In fact, if I am Bioware, I'm going to advertise the fact that you can often buy WZ passes for under 100K so that F2P can get the full WZ experience roughly the time it takes to do one zone's worth of dailys (BH or Section X), because the more F2P that realizes this, the better off the game is as PvP is extremely dependent on having an active population, and if you're lucky you might get people to blow more money on CC if they know there's a reliable F2P market to sell WZ passes to.

Edited by Astarica