does anyone esle think pvp is broken

legolegion

PVP is more fun since 2.0 overall. there is no giant gear gap, so most WZs are competitive. pre-2.0, most WZs were either totally destroy the other team or get totally destroyed by the other team. now, even vs premade teams, there are far fewer matches where one side gets totally steamrolled.

the only real problem is the cheaters who are exploiting the augment/bolster bug.

PVP is more fun since 2.0 overall. there is no giant gear gap, so most WZs are competitive. pre-2.0, most WZs were either totally destroy the other team or get totally destroyed by the other team. now, even vs premade teams, there are far fewer matches where one side gets totally steamrolled.

the only real problem is the cheaters who are exploiting the augment/bolster bug.

It seems like that would be easy to fix, as well.

All of this post right here. I am a casual and I play pvp to pass the time, not to feel any sort of competitiveness, I'm fixing to change that once I upgrade my computer so i'm not running low frames in wz's but for now, casual. I almost NEVER pvp'd pre2.0 at 50 pvp. Hated getting rofl smashed by a team of war hero people and all that jazz. With 2.0, with bolster being broken, i can compete lol. I'm an average player also, nothing spectacular but i can compete. I do find pvp more enjoyable though and haven't really ran into too many augment glitchers (not that i've paid much attention in the first place) so idk.

Bolster is broken and the changes vs the old bolster are almost all bad ideas even if they worked right (why should a lvl 15 in lvl 11 blues be exactly the same as a level 15 in lvl 15 blues?).

Heals are too high.

It seems like damage went up (across the board) by a higher ratio than the increase to health (for non-exploiting pvp gear sets).

Mitigation tools still need fixes: armor should do more, defense should work vs more attacks and attack types.

There's still way too much cc (although this did get better in 2.0 vs 1.7).

Resolve is pointless unless you've got a healer on you.

Since 2.0 PvP is just totally retarded, HB once my favorite WZ, now stupid and pointless (and that was the only reason i played this otherwise absolutely boring MMO)

Let me guess .. you had the leaping ability and now that operratives smoke you in hutball your crying and threathening to quit ..

Let me guess .. you had the leaping ability and now that operratives smoke you in hutball your crying and threathening to quit ..

operatives*

you're*

huttball*

threatening*

If you're going to be a sarcastic jerk to somebody, you'd better be willing to be on the receiving end as well. :p

FYI, there is a spell-checker in here, so there really is no excuse to not spell everything perfectly. Now, if English is not your first language, that is more understandable. However, with just a tiny bit more effort, you too can spell perfectly!

Edited by teclado

I don't know *** you guys are talking about ... gear gaps smaller ?? Seriously ? in 55 WZs I have full partisan gear I get melted in 3 seconds flat.

Uh huh...and just wait until the "casual" PvP enters a WZ with their 69/72 armor on...THAT is when they'll begin to notice the "gap". Or how about the guy who does a little PvP and a little PvE and has some 69/72 PvE armor, mixed with his 2-4 pieces of Partisan gear...he'll get the snot beat out of him.

If you stay in your 61/63 armorings, you'll be fine...just don't upgrade anything...the gear progression game seems to only work in reverse with the "new" Bolster.

For 55 At first I thought so, I was being solo destroyed in my EWH in seconds. I bought two conquerer implants and an ear and its back to the fun now. At least unless I'm being focused, I survive long enough to feel like I'm contributing instead of being a tick in someone's kill box.

I am coming to the conlusion pvp is broken since 2.0

It is not as fun, it seems being killed and killing it got way too hard.

A lot of people agree it seems less and less are PvP'n since 2.0, Bioware needs to fire the PvP team and get folks in there that can fix this mess. I used to PvP everyday, now I could care less if I PvP or not..... but since the snipers are crazy OP'd I am thinking about starting one so I can feel godly mmuuhahahaha

Disagree. While there are some problems to be fixed, Bioware is moving in the correct direction. Please fix the bugs and continue with refining the bolster implementation. Make sure PvP gear is at least as good, or preferably better, than PvE gear in Warzones, add cross queues to ranked and implement arenas and we are looking even better.

Thanks, Bioware. Cheers!

I think PvP forums are broken... like a record skipping...

Nerf this, nerf that, it's west not snow, give us cross server ranked arena deathmatch, orange pixel purple box, balance factions, you're a noob.

We've got some exciting things coming up.... soon.

May the force be with you!

Edited by Baedwulf