The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Rocket boost is awesome.

Stealth out when the last mob is low on health, fire up the rockets, pull aggro on next grup while the derpies and healer are busy looting. :D

1) Mobs in flashpoints are extremely rarely placed that far apart.

2) I wouldn't rush if I knew I couldn't stand the beating.

Then why don't you just play alone and save everyone the trouble. You don't have to put up with the slow derps and looting healers, and they don't have to deal with catching up to you in combat speed without regenerated resources? Hmm :rak_02:

Do me a favor and quote me saying I engage with team members out of force/ammo/energy/health. And while you're doing that, please quote me mentioning I have to put up with slow teammates.

There's 40M credits in it for you. To top it all off - I'll delete my main character and spend all of my 10k CC's on you.

However, if you fail to produce such quotes, please promise me you'll enlist in a class that teaches reading and understanding read text.

Edited by slafko

Do me a favor and quote me saying I engage with team members out of force/ammo/energy/health. And while you're doing that, please quote me mentioning I have to put up with slow teammates.

There's 40M credits in it for you. To top it all off - I'll delete my main character and spend all of my 10k CC's on you.

However, if you fail to produce such quotes, please promise me you'll enlist in a class that teaches reading and understanding read text.

I like to have these kinds of dps around. They just take the responsibility from you. You dont need to heal them as healer, and dont need to take aggro from them as tank. I usually just say "dont heal dps" on group chat. If we wipe, it is still easy to have a friendly reminder, and if he pulls again, kick+ignore.

First off, noone said anything "out of force/ammo/energy/health"[*], but I won't start to brag about credits, coins and anonym promises like you. I've said you're pulling while others are regenerating resources. Which is implied by this statement:

Stealth out when the last mob is low on health, fire up the rockets, pull aggro on next grup while the derpies and healer are busy looting.
:D

Maybe I'm the exception, but I haven't seen a single group that looted after members have regenerated their resources.

And if you don't think your groupmates are slow, then why are you rushing off dropping the fight and using rocketboots to initiate the next without them? Hmm?

On that same note, it's probaly news for you, but if someone engages the next mobs, the others will be in combat too. That means that they are indeed slow, and cannot use those rocket boots, even if they have them.

Since you've clearly failed to take your own advice, that you so eagerly give to others, please don't bother replying.

I sure won't.

Well, I haven't any weird GF stories to tell ATM, but I'll be logging in to play in a bit, so I'm sure I'll get something.

Had a (normal mode) Czerka Core Meltdown last night that got a bit pear-shaped, but it seems that 58-modded gear on my full Dirty-Slinger is a bit low for that instance, soooo...Yeah, it happens. Still got through just fine, though.

I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about. You said you find it rude if someone rolls need on an item you all require or need. If you need it, why don't you roll need?

Let's say that I'm running an FP with another DPS Guardian. A piece of gear drops that's an upgrade for both of us. Do you consider it rude if we both roll need?

I believe it is matter of how one feels about the subject. You may have hard time understanding because your opinion is different than mine and I may not be doing a good job explaining. :(

It's as equally entertaining to me either way, and it's just another example of precisely the bigotry you see in group finder. :D

Slafko, I love you.

:D :D

Thing is, my initial post in which I mention the Rocket Boost was neither flamebait nor an attempt to derail the thread. It was the wild assumptions people made that made me go full troll on them. And this isn't the first time we've had this kind of a "fast tanking" argument, either. I am a strong proponent of a philosophy that states not everyone needs to be at full health in order to engage next mob; everything about 80% is completely acceptable for every flashpoint mob out there and a quick glance at party screen is more than enough to make sure the group is ok for next pull. It's cc breaking, overaggroing and standing in AoE that wipes groups, not offensive tanking.

Back to topic: S&V 16m SM, two vanguard tanks. Both look at the next group of mobs for 10 seconds before they engage. At first i thought they were deciding who's main tanking or whatever but it hit me: they're actually waiting for the entire group to start jumping and otherwise fidgeting before they aggro the simplest of trashes. Argh!

Last night's pug on topic: my lvl32 commando gets a popup, taral v dps(!!!) replacement (i am healer spec, and yes, i know its a deadly sin to do so, but...). So I join up, say hello, and see that several gold thingies charge at me and teammates are running like chicken. We try to down them, some of them die-respawn in the process (seemingly they dont even care), mobs eventually die. Okay, we have commando healer, me commando dps, shadow tank and vanguard dps. So, shadow tank wants to kill everything ... I asked them why ... how stupid i was, they told me that if i didnt enjoy killing stuff, why not just quit the game. Anyways, i dont really care, just hate wasting time ... So we get up to a boss kind of mob with 2 gold ads - guys do frontal assault, we wipe. I did notice that tank is not tanking (didnt use the extra shield buff), healer is not healing (using AP cells, throwing kolto bombs now and then, but dpsing most of the time), and vanguard is just using hammer shots and mortal volley on cooldown. I asked why we wiped ... now vanguard explains that shadows are ****** tanks, and tells me how he hates people like me, why not just enjoy killing stuff ... oh boy you go off to my ignore list. Anyways, i switch to support cell, and go on with healing. I tried to kick vanguard once for ninjaing, and he also tried to kick me for ... being a d.ck, both failed. I still wondered how far we get, so went on. We get up to the droid boss, it proves quite challenging, we wipe. Tank disconnects afterwards ... and that is game over.

Oh, well.

Edited by feketebirka

I have to admit that I have sometimes been part of the weird ones on GF, particularly in regards to rocket boost. Every once in a blue moon, a guildmate tank will run FPs and I've gotten to heal him on my scoundrel. He, um, doesn't stop. Now that he has a shadow, he's off to the next pull even faster. Luckily my class doesn't have to worry about resources much and he's well geared and doesn't need much support. But because I know him and think it's fun to speed run sometimes, and especially because I can just roll, roll, roll on over if he starts combat while I'm still running, I love it. But I know we've left some very confused/angry/amused dps in our wake. I don't even want to imagine what happens when he goes it alone.

I have actually been running a lot of GF FPs lately and had mostly great experiences, even with people who didn't know their class/role very well or were completely new to the FP. People listen to advice, they don't get upset if someone goofs, and people have actually admitted it was hard to pay attention to the shackles in HM Cademimu and then did better the next try. On one of those runs, the tank accidentally pulled the bonus boss before we'd had a chance to tell him/her the mechanics. I healed through the red circle phase with the tank and one dps just standing in it the whole time, but I and the other dps explained afterwards that it wasn't a good idea for a future run and the two newbies asked a couple more questions about mechanics and didn't pull the stupid "but it worked, so it must be great" card. I've had people guard my healer who have no problem when I tell them it's better to guard a dps and will sometimes ask why and are interested in how threat works.

It's been pretty cool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted some horror stories way back in the middle of the thread and I just remembered one more: A guildmate and I decided to join a pug for Toborro's Courtyard HM, both as tanks. There was a healer and a dps involved we knew were pretty decent, so we weren't being that crazy. We get there and start setting up our tanks and explaining the fight and assigning roles. Despite us being the last additions to the group, we were far from the last there. One guy needed to be coached on how to get there. Minutes later, still having trouble, another guy, who happens to be the ops leader, goes after him to help him out. About 5+ minutes later, they've both died a couple of times and my guildie goes out to help. The chat log looks like this:

[Ops Announcement] : FOLLOW ME

[unknown Ops Leader] : thats for [Name of lost person]

[unknown Ops Leader] : [Lost] follow me

[Guildmate] : please follow me, guys

[Guildmate] : [Lost] , [unknown], follow me

[unknown Ops Leader] : [Lost]

[Guildmate] : [Lost]

[Random other person] : [Lost]

[unknown Ops Leader] : [LOST]

[Guildmate] : wrong way

[unknown Ops Leader] : FOLLOW US

[Guildmate] : follow me

[Guildmate] : stop fighting, follow me

[unknown Ops Leader] : [LOST]

Ultimately, it was a disaster as we did not have the dps/interrupts, but I still crack up thinking about how everyone was just ALL CAPS dude's name constantly and we had to send TWO people out to get him past maybe 4 groups of hard to avoid mobs.

Just hit 50 last night, So I queued for HM FP's amd got Hm Foundry. Everything is going fine we defeat the 1st boss and he drops a relic, the tank, other dps and me roll need on it and the tanks wins. We carry on as normal then the jugg tank says in chat WTS Relic. I asked him if it was the relic he rolled need on and he said yes! :eek: So I ask him why did he roll need if he was gonna sell it. "I need the money"

So we finsh the FP and decide to run the False Emperor SM for the HK part. The end boss drops a hat upgrade for me and I'm the only willpower user. So I roll need and see in chat "JUGG TANK recieves sweet willpower hat" :mad:

So I ask him why he rolled need "for my Comp but I will trade to you for 4k" So I say no give to me for free. Then the other dps offers to trade with me and gave me the hat. He said he paid the 4k for me I was like thank you so much!

I send a pm to the tank saying if he pulls a sunt like that again he will find people will start ignoreing him

Edited by JEEJohnson

Just hit 50 last night, So I queued for HM FP's amd got Hm Foundry. Everything is going fine we defeat the 1st boss and he drops a relic, the tank, other dps and me roll need on it and the tanks wins. We carry on as normal then the jugg tank says in chat WTS Relic. I asked him if it was the relic he rolled need on and he said yes! :eek: So I ask him why did he roll need if he was gonna sell it. "I need the money"

So we finsh the FP and decide to run the False Emperor SM for the HK part. The end boss drops a hat upgrade for me and I'm the only willpower user. So I roll need and see in chat "JUGG TANK recieves sweet willpower hat" :mad:

So I ask him why he rolled need "for my Comp but I will trade to you for 4k" So I say no give to me for free. Then the other dps offers to trade with me and gave me the hat. He said he paid the 4k for me I was like thank you so much!

I send a pm to the tank saying if he pulls a sunt like that again he will find people will start ignoreing him

Oh he would have been on my ignore list and the dps on my friend list after that. I have no sympathy or tolerance for ninja looters.

I was on my level 49 Sorceror healer alt; I have 9 55s already including a 55 sage healer and 55 shadow tank so I am pretty familiar with the game. I queued up for story mode level 47-50 flashpoints and got a False Emperor group. I get a Sin tank, a Sin Deception DPS, and an DPS Merc. The Sin tank was clearly... new... to the game.

When I'm healing Sins I always watch their Dark Ward stacks so I get a better idea of when they're going to take big hits. Of course in this case this was unnecessary because this Sin tank didn't put up Dark Ward a single time; he took big hits all the time.

The first boss of the instance is a Trandoshan on a bridge who spins around and does a strong AOE attack. I didn't expect much of the group, since it is a level 50ish story mode flashpoint. The two sins, who are shrewd tacticians, decide to stand in the AOE. I extricate the DPS sin, the tank sin dies, releases, and waddles back slightly faster than a snail.

The second boss of the instance is a Powertech with a bounty hunter ship on overwatch. The tank disregards the turret at mid (to be fair, it's not really the tank's job to man the turret anyway) and does his 'rotation' on the boss. The two dps and I work the turret, but halfway through the fight the sin tank loses aggro to the Merc DPS. The sin tank just doesn't notice he doesn't have aggro on the boss. We clear the second boss.

The boss drops willpower/power/alac gloves. Again... I am on my Sorceror healer. This is my gear and I need it. But the Sin tank apparently feels like he needs it too. He wins the need roll. I ignore it because it isn't a big deal to me, and the 5 minutes I'd have to spend explaining the situation to the Sin tank and getting him to trade me aren't worthwhile for level 50 gear that I'll replace in 3 hours.

On the trash the Sin tank would typically open with Force Lightning. Sometimes he'd even use the 30m range + 60% crit buff. So he gets aggro on one mob, and the rest naturally focus me down because I'm actually doing my job. I heal through it. I start tabbing around and notice that in addition to not having Dark Ward up ever, the Sin also appears to not be using his AOE threat abilities. I know this because there are no 5% damage reduction or 5% acc/slow debuffs on any of the packs this sin is 'pulling'. I can also see his buffs when I heal him, or rather his lack of buffs. If he was lucky enough to get to 2 stacks of Harnessed Darkness (which apart from Dark Ward is your most important defensive ability management) he'd throw out Force Lightning, which means he won't get the self-healing from the 3 stacks he was supposed to get.

Then we clear the 3rd boss, HK 47. He drops willpower/shield/def gloves. I greed them and happen to win them. Now I go back on my earlier resolution to ignore the Sin, and offer to give him the will/shield/def gloves in exchange for the will/power/alac gloves he got off the second boss. The sin tank seems genuinely surprised that he has gloves someone else wanted; I can believe it was an accident that he took the will/power/alac gloves. We exchange and move on.

We get to Malgus. The Sin tanks Malgus with Sin's back facing toward the entrance a bit to the side... so almost directly in the line toward the pit. By happy accident the Sin gets knocked to the entrance, not into a pit. And by now I'm confident that nobody knows you have to interrupt Unlimited Power, so I focus the boss. The moment of truth arrives: Malgus channels unlimited power... 1 seconds casted, 2... 3... I get the interrupt, we clear the flashpoint, I say 'thanks', and drop group as quick as possible.

Oh he would have been on my ignore list and the dps on my friend list after that. I have no sympathy or tolerance for ninja looters.

I did friend the DPS, and put the tank on ignore. I also paid the DPS back, it wasn't I couldnt afford the 4k I just didn't want to pay the ninja looter

I did friend the DPS, and put the tank on ignore. I also paid the DPS back, it wasn't I couldnt afford the 4k I just didn't want to pay the ninja looter

Yeah... You PvE'ers having no money problems and all... Us PvP'ers on the other hand... :p

I'd like to offer myself up as 'that guy' today from my lost island hard mode run. I had never completed the thing, mostly because every pug I was with gets mauled by the first boss and ragequits. Still, I figure I'm ok, I know not to stand in fire, and I'm dps, so my job is easy enough compared to tanking and healing. I'll ask for advice, listen up for clues, do what I'm told and be ok. Right?

Things were fine until Sav-Rak, at which point I learned 'stack on the boss' really means it as I go sailing from my 'safe range' over the side. Hoof it back, fight is still going on, but I have a gfx glitch. The bridge is 'invisible'. Or not. Turns out it's just not there. Another lava bath, and I hoof it back again. The rest of the group is kind enough (or speechless enough) not to mock me for it.

Transgenic next. I keep moving like advised, maybe enough, maybe not. Icicles come down, ducking and weaving, then squish. I get ready to start running back, but hey! Battle res! .5 Seconds after accept I am pasted by another icicle. No, for real, my character doesn't have time to start a new animation after reviving before I'm smoked again. Other players still quiet, probably because they are laughing too hard to type. I guess it is hard to be TOO mad when the only person dying is doing it in so many entertaining and horribly wrong ways.

By this time, I am just mortified and hoping the instance is over soon, so I can slink away from these fine folks and drown my humiliation in the fleet cantina, surrounded by scantily-clad cybering folks too self absorbed to notice my shame. I might even RP my shell shock and stammer incoherently about lava and icicles, if I can bring myself to show my face. Maybe I should turn my helmet on, just for effect.

Finally, Lorrick. Ooh, bunch of red circles, run! Hah! Safe! Back in to fight. Uhoh, what is this green stuff? Argh! Only quick and kind action by the healer saves me from another really dumb mistake.

After an obligatory, "GG thanks for the run guys", I flee back to my ship and have a good cry. Talos asks me what is wrong, but I can only mumble about the bad men doing bad things to me, unspeakable things, and the heroes who saved me.

I'll be alright after I get some rest and read some strategy guides. I hope.

Lowbie Athiss. I think I met a guy who is in his period last night.

So I was with my operative healer. Jugg tank, merc and sin DPS. Started the FP and all, then us three runs ahead of the tank. We waited for him then he said "great, gonna be another one of that". Getting the hint, I asked him back, "another one of what? quick run?" then the sin DPS said "quick run sounds good,"

Aaaaand then he flips. He started charging forward and pulling several groups of mobs to him, not giving me a chance to even heal him, and when we wiped he said he wanted to see how 1337 we are. Dude, not like we attacked or pull before you do, we just walked ahead and waited for your *** to get there.

When we get to those Champions, Temple Guardians, he started pulling three of them to him, we barely survived it. Merc was full of heat and sin DPS was off-tanking. I suggested to the sin DPS, group leader, to kick him out. Then he pulls that **** again, and merc DPS has had enough and quits the group. Sin DPS insisted of not kicking him out cause tanks are hard to replace. Really, if I pulled out my Kaliyo we would breeze through the FP without enduring the retardation. DPS slot was quickly filled with a PT. We did the last boss and the PT was quite decent.

If I were the group leader, I would have kicked him out and pulled out my Kaliyo really. I endured and healed some pretty ****** attitude tank but this one just takes the cake.

This afternoon I queue for 55HMFP on my DPS sage. We get Cademimu and I am the first to zone in. No one else is in the instance yet, so I take the time, run up to the two mobs on the left that can be blown off the ledge with no risk of damage. I do this just as the tank gets in and he says, "Fine be like that, good luck finding a new tank." and quits the group.

The healer and other DPS were just as floored.

Just had the standard "tank needing on the DPS item I could have used" issue tonight. People suck; and I could have used those boots on my DPS--one of two who cleared most of the instance before the tank actually made it to the group.

Whatever, I tank on my main, but wow, people think that is ok?

Edited by Bilirubin