The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Yesterday there was a lvl 17 commando in a tactical I was in where the rest of us were at least lvl 45 and I was 65. A sent and I(a guardian) were leading everyone through all the little shortcuts and skips of mobs, the mando kept attacking every group, no matter what, and dying, then asked why we were just leaving him to fight everyone, we said dont attack them. He said "I have too". We said "why", he said, "the game wants me to". So we kicked him at which point he whispered everyone in the group nonstop about how we were bad and didnt know how to play. :D

Life gonna be hard for him. :rolleyes:

Boarding Party Tactical.

I'm in running a level 30 Jug in tank mode, geared and ready to run. Que in with two other Jugs and a merc, all three as dps according to the queue. Big level 18 Jug is in Tank stance, level 50 Jug is in NO stance at all. The merc is quite, and not really apart of the story.

I'm all quite and figure we'll see how the first mob plays out. Mr. 18 runs right in all alone (the Merc still loading at this point) and jumps past the first row of baddies into the second row. 3 seconds later, Mr. 18 is dead and all those red dots are headed to the spawn area... After a couple of respawn/kill cycles, everyone is up, repaired and ready to go.

On to the next mob. I mark the two elites, tell the Merc to cc the right and i'll pull the left and everyone else should mop up weakest to strongest. Merc cc's, I pull, Mr. 18 taunts away. His very next attack... Shatter... Mr. 18 is in Soresu stance, but full on Vengeance discipline. In this one fight, he dies twice.

I check his gear, full dps, no defense stats at all. I ask if he's got a shield. No answer. I ask if he'd be willing to either switch off Soresu or maybe stop taunting... Nothing... Good times...

He stuck it out until the bonus boss. He kept attacking the engineer and killing all of us. After the second wipe, he bailed. It was MUCH easier after that...

Edited by FlyingUsPoo

This story is from Pre-4.0 and it has stuck with me since. It's more of a funny one than a bad one.

About two weeks before 4.0 was released, I queued up with my sawbones scoundrel (mid twenties) on Begeren Colony for Athiss to start of the day. Got a pop relatively quickly for how early it was. Group was a guardian dps, a shadow dps, and a vanguard tank. Zone in, say our hellos and off we went into the Wild Red Sand Wonder. Problem hit when the guardian (Let's call him Ned) decided to pull the droid mobs near the lift that takes you down to rest of the flashpoint.

All at the same time.

This was after the tank and the shadow had already headed down the lift. (My desktop is around 1000 years old in terms of computers, so zoning during the first flashpoint or two always takes a little longer)

I run down to where Ned is, and immediately start healing my little heart out. Tank asks what's going on, but I can't pause long enough to type for help because Ned's health kept going down just as quickly I get him up to full.

As expected, I pick up the dreaded Healer's Aggro.

The Shadow (Name's now Sally from here on out, because Sally Shadow) gets up to the top and starts working on ripping aggro off of me. The tank (Peter, 'cause Peter Supertanker) taunts the trash Ned is wailing on and the fight finishes quickly with the tank and dps at full or near-full health. I was at around half. I heal up with my regen, and after the tank warning #1 not to do it again, we're off to the races.

Grab the bomb since none of us had Arch and fought through the trash. Peter Supertanker was working hard to keep aggro off me, and Sally Shadow was following her kill order. Ned not so much; however he wasn't pulling before the tank since the beginning, so he still has brownie points.

Get to the large group of trash just before Leyrasha. Peter pulls and grabs aggro. The dps follow right after. Ned's health starts going down at an alarming rate, so I focus on keeping him up and going while throwing the occasional heal out to Sally and Peter. Clear the trash and Peter initiates a ready check for Leyrasha. I write in the chat after readying up that he is now on my friend's list. Get a laugh from him and Sally. Ned stays silent. Doesn't hit ready. Peter sends the check out again; Ned hits ready this time. Peter pulls, Sally -from stealth- takes out the trash, I began my rotation. Ned.. stays where he is.

So throughout that fight while we work on Leyrasha, Ned's just standing there. Peter's melting Leyrasha; Sally's dps-ing her heart out on the adds; I'm keeping them up. Ned gets aggro from the adds a couple times, Sally downs them. In chat, Peter gets out a quick message telling Ned to get his rear-end into gear. We finish the fight. Ned, at some point, got killed. I offer him a rez, run over to the console to join Peter and Sally after passing on the loot, and wait for him to get up. Doesn't get up. I figure he had to go AFK and missed the rez, so I run back over offer another rez. Still doesn't get up.

So we standing there for a couple minutes, waiting for him. Sally gets fed up and ask about initiating a vote-kick. Peter and I agree. Sally sends one out. It goes through. We finish the conversation required to move on, and I pull out Bowdaar, and we took off like bats out of hell through the rest of the trash and the Beast. Make our way through the champs with Sally and I CC'ing them as we go by. Peter follows behind us; he made the comment comparing himself to a duckling.

Right before the final boss, Sally disconnects. Peter and I hang out in the doorway, waiting for her to come back for around ten minutes. She doesn't. Peter says that he will have to go in twenty so, he pulls out Elara and we go through with the pull. Peter goes down and with him my off heals. It's just me and Bowdaar.

Bowdaar dies. I'm alone. Boss is around 25%. I start yelling obscenities, running in circles from both the boss and his Fires of Doom, healing through it all and dpsing as I go. Peter is cheering me on in the chat. And then, a miracle.

Sally reconnects.

She jumps into the fray with half health (Curse those Fires of Doom), trying desperately to rip aggro from him to no success. Sally gets the Doom Mark, I try to cleanse; no dice. I try to keep Sally up, but she goes down. Leaving my at the mercy of the boss. At this point he's down to 5%. Sally and Peter rez themselves and start running back. It's slow going because they're having to CC'd the ones they can and fight the ones they can't.

At this point, I'm screaming and shouting. My screams and shouts bring my parents running hallway, through the dining room and into the computer/office area. They start busting their guts laughing after they find that I'm not being murdered. I'm turning and twisting this way and that way in my chair, screaming and healing. Their leaning on each other, trying not to fall down, tears on their faces.

Thanks for the support, Mom & Dad.

Right as Peter and Sally get back to the room, the boss goes down. I jump up and start a victory dance, ripping the wire from my headphones in the process. My parents are laughing and clapping; Sally has deployed a party bomb. It's a happy moment all around. We loot, grab the artifacts to get out the instance, and port back to fleet.

We part ways and I decided that I had enough excitement for the day.

Queued up solo for a HM FP.

Groupfinder sends us in the foundry. Alright, let's do it.

I immediately recognise the healer, i alreday played with him and he know what he does.

first red light when the healer tells the tank to put himself in the right stance.

We clear our way through HK, but, as a dps, i find that i often pick up aggro. I do regularly use my aggro drop, maybe i'm too rusty and should really keep an eye on my cooldowns.

We make our way to HK, healer details the fight, tank dies. second try we make it but HK came after me.

"Hey, tank, are you taunting?"

To which i got no response (and healer says he probably doesn't know what taunting means)

We somehow make it to Revan, and surprise, another wipe. at that point, the second dps is like "i'm out, sorry" (understandable), quickly followed by the tank.

So both the healer and i are asking in our friends, with no real success, when he just says "what if we just try with our companions?"

I'm like "Brilliant idea. I hate leaving a FP unfinished, and i want to see if we can do it ^^"

We set them in the right roles, and as we go back to Revan, he says something that made my day:

"i was kind of willing to get out too, but now that the tank is gone, i'm curious to see if we can pull this off"

And goodbye mr Revan. we did better (with 2 companions granted) than with the full original group.

Scolaris, Kudos ^^

Sometime you will get surprised that companions perform better than real people :D

Korriban Incursion, I'm playing on my Sith Sorcerer. Have a Juggernaught Tank about level 21 or so, an Marauder, and Sniper.

We get through the flashpoint without too much trouble, the Juggernaught keeping decent aggro on everything. Get to the robotic boss that fires rocket salvos across the map, the tank dies but we get through and get to the academy, then all of a sudden as we are progressing to fight the Jedi boss. The two just duel out of nowhere, proceeding with the tank stating something about "level not mattering" and some more trash talk.

Was odd they just dueled out of nowhere and then the trash talking, later the marauder disconnects we reque, one shot the boss and go on our way.

I was the weird one. Rav SM, I join from M&B. I smash the boss like other DPS do, but for some reason I'm not getting some of the buffs Infiltration spec should get.

Sentinel: <My name> why you have Force technique activated? I saw you use Clairvoyant Strike

Me: Oh... *Activates Shadow Techinque*

I just respecced and forgot entirely to swap :eek:

I was the weird one. Rav SM, I join from M&B. I smash the boss like other DPS do, but for some reason I'm not getting some of the buffs Infiltration spec should get.

Sentinel: <My name> why you have Force technique activated? I saw you use Clairvoyant Strike

Something similar happened to me when i was tanking RaV. On torque i mis-clicked while running from fire and removed my technique and then i was wondering why skills dont proc and i get hits like rocks :D

Doesn't Shadow Technique replace Force Technique these days? :p

Adaliya, do you think you were accidentally in Combat Technique? Infiltration no longer can be in Force technique.

So, the other day I was the weird one, sort of. Had my Mara on Ebon Hawk just do Brontes with what was apparently a guild run(everyone but me and one of the tanks was in the same guild). Well, my connection was a bit wonky because of the nasty winds we were having in Northern Indiana that day, so keep it in mind.

The group at the start was me, two Juggernaut tanks, a Merc with a DPS set bonus, a dps Sorc, and everyone else was an Operative. After we get to Oricon via GF, there's apparently a debate in the chat about "who's healing". So some people like to field respec, NBD, right? Well, it's starts with the Merc and an Operative respeccing to heal and we clear trash pretty easily.

Brontes, take one: I notice the fingers aren't loading for me. Eventually they load and I help kill them asap. Time for phase two. The Juggernaut tanking The Architect of Fear doesn't turn her away. I get nanites on me and die. Then they wipe on the clock phase.

The Jugg who had Brontes rage quits and we're requeued. The others laugh at her and say that she left because of us being scrubs. I politely point out that everyone was a scrub once, no reply. Thing is, she left quietly. We weren't insulted or anything. But she was called stupid.

We get an Assassin tank from the same guild. We wipe again on the clock phase. Now I begin to notice that the Merc, who is still healing at this point, doesn't seem to use Progressive Scan although they did use Kolto Shell. We try again and wipe. Then an Operative has to leave.

We get a Sorc healer and try again, with an Op healing as well and the Merc going to IO. And again, the fingers aren't loading for me, but I do the best I can. Note that I did warn them in chat in one of the first attempts and got no reply. We wipe on the clock phase.

The Sorc healer says, "Did anyone notice (my character's name) just standing around doing nothing for a whole minute?". I politely correct her and say it was no more than 15 seconds. Next round, the fingers do load, and the last one I grab? That's when the Reaches(the ones you run from) start popping up.

Cue the Sorc healer screaming at me for attacking the Reaches, and she and I argue which ones I was attacking. By the way, the guild mates stayed silent through most of our bickering except for someone saying that yes, dps kill the fingers but not the reaches, and one dude who also was having connection issues because he was in my region and having to deal with epic winds as well. But no one told us to knock it off at all, nor did they tell the Sorc that we'd wiped three times before she showed up.

We finally killed Brontes and I got an offhand token.

Like I said, it certainly wasn't my best performance in an op, but the fact that we wiped so many times and that I was essentially blamed for it was upsetting.

PUG TfB.

Group is me Scound healer, Commando healer, Sentinel DPS, Gunslinger DPS, Scoundrel DPS, Guardian DPS, two Shadow tanks. Most issues were caused by one Shadow tank, Sentinel and Commando.

We load and I notice Commando Plasma Cell. I ask if he forgot to swap and he tells me to not tell him what to do.

First boss, one Shadow tank is assigned to boss (we call her Shadow 1) and other (we call him Shadow 2) to adds. Boss tank opens with taunt and loses aggro to Sentinel immediately. I notice Sentinel threat drop but it does nothing. Male spawns, and Sent leaps to it right away. For a moment he has aggro on both male and the boss until thankfully other Shadow taunts male away. We down Writhing Horror without further problems.

On tunnel Commando tries to fight enemies instead of running and dies. Guy resses and runs back while we others clear the way to Dread Guard commanders.

Dread Guard commanders, Shadow 1 is assigned to Heirad and Shadow 2 to Kel'sara. We clear Ciphas phase without problems but second phase Commando dies due not cleaning Doom. I ress him but then he doesn't move himself from a pool and dies again. We down them anyway.

Off to Operator. Before we get there Shadow 1 dies not once but twice on lighting between cores.

Operator. People don't understand colors so raid leader who is Shadow 2 tells everyone individually their color.

On first phase I notice only Guardian and Sentinel kill cores. They manage however. Second color, Sentinel channels and Guardian cannot kill cores fast enough alone. We have to repeat phase and this time it works. Third color, Commando doesn't stand in middle, we fail it, wipe.

Second try, Gunslinger realizes to Kill cores and we down it. I pull Commando to middle when we have to ;)

Kephess goes down slightly chaotic but without big issues.

The Terror. I get grouped with Shadow 1, Sentinel and Guardian. We start the encounter, Sentinel quickly reaps aggro on tentacle. He threat drops too but aggro stays on him. Then, once adds spawn he leaps on them and blows two of them to his face. He dies, gets revieved and does the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN on next adds phase. Wipe. Next try, Sentinel gets moved to other group and we down it.

Not group finder, but it's the best I've got so far...

So yesterday someone put out a call for the WB on Coruscant. I've done a few and I was bored so I said why not. I'm 65 but inexperienced in groups, so I usually just stay out of the way and hit hard from behind.

It's Coruscant so most of the recruitment went like this:

Op leader: WB group forming need DPS/heals

Rando: hmm whats WB?

Someone: World Boss

Rando: oh ok sounds fun *invited*

one guy/girl asked what level they needed to be... leader said 14 or above... guy/girl says oh ok I'm 14 can I join? *invited*

The group ended up being 9 or so, me and another 65, mostly teens and 20's, 2 lowbie healers.The group leader was very calm and pleasant throughout the fight. Sadly, we wiped once. I took aggro more than once but was able to drop it relatively easily. I even outran the lasers, until I got insta-killed the fourth time. Healers were healing decently but not great, they were low level so it wasn't as effective as it should've been.

Second attempt... the guy/girl from above is standing RIGHT IN the robot's path, waiting. only one person said in ops chat "uh... <NAME> you wanna move." I guess we all were watching because we thought it was funny, I sure did... So the inevitable happened, they didn't move, boss attacks him... and instead of running off and letting him reset, we attacked. OK, why not...?

We won.

Now, remember how I said the leader was calm and pleasant throughout? Well... he didn't get any experience points from the win. I've never done a WB before lvl 65 so I don't know how xp works... maybe because we wiped, maybe because another player and I were at level cap.... I don't know. Regardless, the leader starts flipping out in ops chat about it. We all felt bad... until he started abusing and namecalling the healers. The group disbanded... and he continues his caps lock tantrum in general chat. Saying how the healers were s**t, and called the group a bunch of useless <starts with n, rhymes with diggers>. In GENERAL.

The community was less than sympathetic.

THEN.... about 5 minutes later he tried to form ANOTHER group to try again... "with REAL HEALING". I've seen some meltdown and tantrums in FP's and PvP, but this was just special.Not the best story, but I like this thread and want to keep it going.

Ebon Hawk: I saw a call for DPS for Styrak the other night, so I hopped on my Infiltration Shadow and off we go.

I don't think anyone really knew what they were doing, except for the Shadow tank. We wiped twice on Styrak. The guards went down quickly, but the Kell Dragon had four rounds of the Spikes channel on the first try, and both times with the Dragon, he was lead close to edge near the exhaustion zone. On top of that, I was the only DPS attacking Styrak's ghost(the one that chokes whoever has aggro on the Dragon). After our first wipe, the Shadow tank asked who was new. Only the other tank, a Guardian, and I replied. When we did get to Styrak on the second try, the Guardian died, I had aggro before the large apparition appeared, and somehow I got killed by one of the beams from the smaller ghosts even though the graphics showed them to be further away. Then everyone else died, and since it was late at night, we disbanded.

Tactical Korriban Incursion. Shadow specced Infiltration, in Combat Technique, using Telekinetic Throw at range, and popping his defensive cooldowns while the mobs were merrily beating on the very competent tank. Never used stealth, obviously--we didn't even bother asking for CCs for shortcut, it would have taken us longer just to explain it.

Thankfully the tank and healer knew what they were doing, because that was an impressive carry.

You need room to work with your team during Chained Manifestation and when the dragon spits.

I always tank him to the right exhaustion zone so the dragon knocks me against the wall so I can jump right back. When he spits I'll just move to the side.

Also what has the chained menifestation got to do with the dragon?

Like I said, the couple of times I tanked in the Styrak fight, whoever was handling the Dragon(either myself or the other tank), kept him in the middle, moving away from spit as needed. Of course during Chained Manifestation we burned down the big ghost. Still, I nearly cried during that feeble attempt at Styrak.

Anyway, my last few group finder PUGs have been a bit odd. My Assassin on BC had story mode Hammer Station and the Rage Juggernaut not only kept running well ahead of us, but never once did he use a defensive cool down. Needless to say he died a lot. There were two mercs, one 65 and Arsenal, and the other 24 and Bodyguard but new to her role. I whispered her advice since I have a Bodyguard Merc myself, and after the fp was done, I whispered:

Me: You should check out Dulfy, she has excellent guides, including Bodyguard.

Merc: thanks but no thanks, a game is no fun if you have to play with a guide.

I mean, it was JUST a suggestion, but...:rolleyes:

Not to mention that I got the feeling I was the one expected to pull on both that Assassin(who needs better gear but no one raids whenever I log into her), and my Marauder on EH a few nights ago.

Said Marauder also had tactical Hammer Station and was the highest level in the group, has 1/3 of her set bonus, but really isn't that tough. Before several mobs: no CC, except for me using Disable Droid, and no one else wanted to pull. There was a lowbie Jugg who was Immortal but in Shii-Cho, another Marauder then another guy. The other Marauder made comments like "any time you want to pull!". Needless to say I was the one with all the aggro. The Juggernaut kept switching forms, so I kept hoping she'd figure out her proper role. I know I should have whispered advice to her but it was late at night and I needed to head to bed.

Explosive Conflict SM GF. Presented without further comment:

Sentinel Gear

Huh. Well, I suppose never again will the words "SM has bolster, gear doesn't matter" pass my lips.

Though tbh, given how high his mastery and power got bolstered a skilled player could probably still do over 4 or 5k on most fights with that. Skilled being the word missing from most players like this lol.

Huh. Well, I suppose never again will the words "SM has bolster, gear doesn't matter" pass my lips.

Though tbh, given how high his mastery and power got bolstered a skilled player could probably still do over 4 or 5k on most fights with that. Skilled being the word missing from most players like this lol.

With bolster a good player can easily do 3.5 to 4k single target no problem with any class and spec in level 8 gear. Did a full S&V run with that gear on a gunslinger. Anything more than that and It's even higher since he would have more crit, alacrity and get accuracy.

Managed on my concealment operative in pvp gear to parse at 5.5 and the tank wasn't able to keep aggro. With the stats posted 4 skilled dps would have no problem clearing any SM ops and as you said skilled is the operative word. 4.0 show a decline in the number of skilled players.

skilled is the operative word

Sadly, "being new to ops, pulling every mob in the area, laughing instead of paying attention to instructions and being so bad at being a Sentinel that they don't even merit a Guard" were the operative words in this case. The only time I saw him with aggro was when he solo'd trash.

Sadly, "being new to ops, pulling every mob in the area, laughing instead of paying attention to instructions and being so bad at being a Sentinel that they don't even merit a Guard" were the operative words in this case. The only time I saw him with aggro was when he solo'd trash.

A bit offtrack but your Guard comment reminds me of phenomenom which I've been observing on PuG OPS.

That everytime Guard is not on a healer Guard is put to Sentinel or Marauder DPS (there is one in like 90% groups) even if they were the least geared little piece of Jedi/Sith who runs Shii-Cho on Watchman.

Might be just me but I swear I had this happen for at least 4 Pug OPS groups during past week.

Edited by Adaliaya