The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Was sniper tank actually, initially snipers were supposed to have a tank spec and maras a heal spec but they couldnt make the cover mechanic of snipers work with bosses if I'm remembering correctly

As a beta tester I can say this.

Nice troll on the long standing joke on sniper tank and Mara heals however those two AC's where always meant a to be nothing other than DPS. Cunning tank gear used to drop because there was originally going to be two tank companions that had cunning as mainstat. In classic bioware they never actually took out the gear, so it was just absolutely useless.

Level 65 ranged Serenity Shadows.

I have to tank every boss fight in every single tactical on my Gunnery Commando because of this. I don't even want to waste time dropping aggro. Thing is that my gear is kinda bad: 208/216/220 OH, 110,06% Accuracy, 800 Alacrity rating, 204 relics, 204 2-piece Eliminator.

Edited by Halinalle

To all those people who think the words "legendary player" = knows how to play

Got a pop for tactical korriban incursion on my 61 slinger. Group is a 65 commando dps, 40 sage dps and 30 sage dps who has legendary player status.

We start off doing the 4 commanders. The legendary sage does kill order backwards, targeting the elites first, tbh so does the other sage but at least they start doing correct kill order 2 pulls in when they see what me and commando are doing.

We run around the pull before the 4th commander, kill it then get to first boss. I pull and have aggro for a while until commando rips off me and facetanks the rest of the fight (while pressing koltos and generally doing things properly). When adds come up its me, 40 sage and commando who attack them, legendary sage tunnel visions boss, still never manages to rip aggro. The commando gets lightninged, moves out of it, the legendary sage stays in it and commando runs over to kolto to keep sage alive. Rinse and repeat, the sage stands close to the commando and doesn't move out of aoe's. After afew lightnings the commando cant get to kolto in time and I already pressed mine while being attacked by the 2 adds. Legendary ssage dies. Commando combat reses them, we kill boss and move on.

The pull at the top of the lift, I am wondering if we should los based upon the performance I had just seen in the first boss. However legendary sage runs in, pops a project, starts casting their 1.5s cast thing (whatever its called) and is dead before cast completes. The 3 of us proceed to obliterate the pull with ease (not bothering to los either, we just use DCD's and such).

The sage goes to med centre which is right at the start of the map. On their way back they run straight into the pull we skipped and, whilst being obliterated by the enemies quits group with a 30s timer.

I write something along the lines of "I would have thought someone with legendary player would know how to play." The other sage asks what I mean and I write "that person stood in aoe, never used dcd's, never pressed kolto and pulled a group we had already skipped. The sage's 30s timer runs down and they leave.

I get whispers throughout the mission from the sage about how much of a noob I am being scared of damage in a tfp, that the enemies are so weak there is no need to move out of aoe's or press koltos.

Legendary player does not equal competent player.

Me as Sniper filling in for friend's guild run in weekly DP SM. Some of the raid members were new; one Sin tank kept losing aggro and one Sin DPS died in every fight including trash pulls. It wasn't too bad overall, funny moment in Tyrans where we almost ran out of platform... then we got to Raptus. It's a fairly challenging fight so my friend asked the newbies to get into TS so he could explain fights. Sorc DPS said he'd be helping with heal challenge, not sure why since 4.0 DP SM heal challenge can be solo'd but okay. RC'd and off we went.

Grabbed crystal, went into challenge room as usual, but I was the only one in the DPS challenge. :eek: Jugg DPS disconnected early in the fight, Sorc DPS went to help healing challenge, and Sin DPS didn't grab her crystal and cluelessly ran around on the main platform. I did my best, but failed the DPS challenge. Ah well, should be fine. No way we could fail tank and healing challenge, right...? Except that we did. Turns out when the Jugg tank got challenged the Sintank didn't go into the tank challenge and tried to tank spinning Raptus instead. As for heal challenge and how could three people fail, I have no idea what happened. So we failed all challenges, and wiped. Whelp.

We went back to Raptus, except the Sin DPS. She started to rant about 'stupid boss mechanic', 'who was the idiot who designed the fight', and 'why does it has to be so hard'. The Sin DPS was frustrated by the mechanic to the point of near tears and wanted to quit, but friend convinced her to stay. We spent the next fifteen minutes making sure that she (and everyone else) knew what to do in the fight. Thankfully it was a guild run, couldn't imagine PUG group being so patient. It took several pulls before we killed Raptus (mostly because the Sintank kept derping and got themselves thrown off the platform) but we did. Council went down without too much of an issue thanks to the nerfs. If we still had to fumble with Bestia knockback, crystals and Brontes clock phase we probably would have struggled.

First time ever failing all Raptus challenges, also first time I had someone being so frustrated in a SM run. If she think that Raptus SM is hard I wonder what she'll think of Master Blaster and Underlurker? What I find the funniest is when I assured her, "It's okay, mate. We've all been there." she replied with, "I am not a 'mate'. I'm a female." Um, okay? :confused:

Edited by iusCogens

Tactical Atheiss run on my 16 sin tank. Group is a 65 pt dps, 65 sniper and 28 mara.

First trash pull I get killed, ressed then we carry on. Pull just before the first boss I die, so does mara. I res and run back. We do first boss, clear trash to the second.

I move the boss into the doorway, as should be done, tank it there until dead, group wipes and on the way back sniper puts vote kick on me reason: NOOB. It fails, I mention afew things about the boss to him:

me: "you do know those kolto's are heals right?"

sniper: "you do know how to taunt right?"

me: "I cant taunt while dead and held all aggro while alive"

pt: "to be fair he does hold aggro well, just doesn't live very long when he does"

me: "lol"

We get back to the boss, the sniper asks for buff, I buff him, he asks for buff, I say he has it. He spams chat with "buff" until I get bored and pull, tank boss in correct place, get killed, res and run back. I get back with boss at 24%, kill and move on.

Next trash pull is the 4 bird things, only the pt is with me but I reckon its 4 standard enemies so shouldn't be a problem. We pull and kill them, then I open shortcut.

Get to the area with the champs and I pull one, I hold aggro and I die with the enemy at 0%. pt resses me, sniper puts vote kick on me reason: we will never beat the final boss with this guy.

me: (having checked the snipers achievements before) "how would you know, you have never done this before" - and judging by his achievements he is a new player who used instant 60, he doesn't even have explorer of hutta or hero of any of the levelling planets. Either he never bothered exploring planets and never did any heroics or he is an instant 60.

pt: "perhaps he is butt-hurt over a lvl 20 (I levelled up abit by now) holding aggro off him without even using guard"

me: "doubt it, hes too new to even know how tanking works"

pt: "lol"

Kick goes through, during the 30s timer the pt says good riddance to the sniper, goodbye to the mara and asks me if I am looking for an ops guild.

I get booted out of the instance and receive a guild invite from the pt's guild.

Shadows. Being asked to cc mob, they go to it, straight to it, 0 metres range, unstealthed! right to it! And then they cast "force lift", little brave shadows, through all pushbacks and damage they are taken. First time I thought it was a unique person, new to the game or class, but no. Probably a new trend.

If i ever see it again I'll find a very dark corner and cry myself to sleep there.

So I just returned to the game, having taken a break a little before 3.0 came out. The tacticals I've been in have been hit or miss depending on which toon i play with ( I main a Guardian tank, but have a few other capped toons to role with). Something I've noticed a lot in these runs, I'll see people wearing just horrible gear or none at all in a lot of spots. I mean I guess with bolster, the gear you wear doesn't matter? But it's just weird to see a level 40 missing relics, implants and even an ear piece....and I've seen a lot of people doing the same.

they need nerf operations!!! Today at gf DP we wiped once at bestia, 'coz almost all get too much dmg when standing at stupid. at Calphalys we wiped twice, 'coz first 2 dps didn't kill crystal fast enough at phase 2 and at second try 3 dps didn't kill crystal fast enough:eek:

after second wipe at Calp I leave group. at start I tell tactics to everyone, but it seems too hard to see blue aoe at crystal what need kill..

at first phase it was funny to watch when turbulences hit Calphalys bubble when I was only who kill ads :)

I mean I guess with bolster, the gear you wear doesn't matter?

Gear does matter in TFPs to certain point. You need anything in any gear slot, even relics, to get maximum bolster as lowbie. Since it's now ridiculously easy to get both proc relics even before level 20 from heroics it's a bit weird to see people running around without relics.

My Sentinels/Marauders aren't best geared (69k hp on fleet, 204 6-piece Weaponmaster, 186/200/204 mix relics) but because of bolster I lose ~1k hp. Still manged to tank Elite Defenders in KDY even with 80k Guardian in group.

Edited by Halinalle

One of the weird ones was a companion but anyway

Directive 7 HM, with my scoundrel. After the first boss the VG tank somehow managed to fall from the makeshift bridge. He refused to duel (and use Storm to jump up, even after being told the intention of the duel-request) and the sage healer (who was quite competent otherwise) didn't find her Rescue ability, so the tank tried the long route back, ran into a leftover group before we could catch up, died, and rage-quitted. The other dd left immediately after.

I pulled out Risha as dd, the sage Nadia as tank and we went on. Boy, does that girl have aggro issues. While we were still resting from the last fight, the tank companion ran away to attack groups that were 40, 50 meters away, sometimes pulling other groups along the way when chasing a patrolling mob. And here I thought self-appointed mara-tanks were bad.

So we cleared almost everything on the way to the next boss, with the companion setting a brutal pace, and right during the fight in the bunker entrance, the replacements came. The companions vanished and we barely managed to finish the fight. The replacement tank was an infiltration shadow, who wasn't aware that he's the tank and left most aggro to me. Switching to Combat Technique after being told that he is the tank didn't really help without gear or respec, at least I've seen no ward. Still, we finished the rest just fine. (May have been a bit more stressing from the healer's POV, ;))

TL/DR: First tank ragequitting over nothing, companion going overboard with that tanking thing, getting a fake-tank as replacement and still managing to finish the Flashpoint. Who needs a tank when you have a good healer. :p

Edited by Mubrak

Gear does matter in TFPs to certain point. You need anything in any gear slot, even relics, to get maximum bolster as lowbie. Since it's now ridiculously easy to get both proc relics even before level 20 from heroics it's a bit weird to see people running around without relics.

My Sentinels/Marauders aren't best geared (69k hp on fleet, 204 6-piece Weaponmaster, 186/200/204 mix relics) but because of bolster I lose ~1k hp. Still manged to tank Elite Defenders in KDY even with 80k Guardian in group.

Ya that is what I thought too. But I've seen a lot of people in TFPs missing gear in slots. I can understand not wanting to spend just a little bit of money to fill those slots when you'll eventually replace it quite quickly, but I mean having nothing in slots just seems dumb and it just seems weird not to put at least something in that slot. Even if it's just a green item.

You know those groups that are so bad you decide not to bother explaining things because it will take so long to explain all the mistakes that its actually quicker to semi-solo the mission.

Tactical False emperor on my 20 sin tank. a 40 op healer, 35 merc dps marked as healer and 22 mara dps.

Both dps use elite -> weak kill order.

Both dps ignore all enemy healers on every pull. I asked the dps to attack healers first and never get any response. After a while any pull with a healer I will tunnelvision the healer and at the end write "sorry <healer name> but I had to do the dps's job for them." Neither dps seemed to pick up on the fact this was a hint along the lines of "watch what I do."

Both dps consistently pulled before me, not that it was an issue as I quickly got aggro back with discharge.

The mara didn't have sprint switched on.

Boarding party. Group was my 28 sin tank, 30 jugg dps, 40 sorc healer and a merc dps (cant remember level)

Both dps ignore all enemy healers - leading to the same thing as above, me soloing healers then apologising to our healer saying I had to do the dps's job for them.

Both dps consistently pull before me, every time the jugg does so they then throw a tantrum about aggro, and how I should learn to tank - by now I am so annoyed I am less than polite with my reply "If you are the sort of dribbler who pulls before the tank then throws tantrums about aggro perhaps you should get your carer to tuck you into bed, let us carry you" (he shuts up after that though continues to pull before me, so does the merc, though the healer tells me not to be rude).

jugg has a kill order of elite -> weak

Merc consistently throws enemys down into the pit in the middle of a hanger room. He does it 4 times and never cottons on that the enemies are not dying, they are just running out the door and causing the pulls to take twice as long as we run back to where the enemies will come from. Ironically when I tell the merc he is making the fights pointlessly longer the healer tells me "so are you specced as tank" next pull I don't bother grabbing aggro and the 3 of them wipe, I write something in chat about "respeccing to dps" (I wasn't I don't have field respect) "unless of course you want me to tank and keep you alive" The healer shuts up from then on.

Battle of rishi on my 32 sin tank, group is a 65 sorc dps, 44 merc dps and 22 op dps.

Sorc charges ahead pulling the first 5 or 6 pulls himself, not healing in between and eventually dies, then makes a comment about tank aggro. I respond in much the same way as I did to the jugg in the previous example. Sorc doesn't like me from there on, luckily for me I hold good aggro and every single pull finish with "sorry, how selfish of me to keep all the aggro."

All 3 dps have a kill order of elite -> weak

I have to press my own kolto's on every boss fight, leading the sorc to complain about me "kiting" the bosses, yet again I explain that I am gobsmacked by the level of stupidity he is displaying.

The sorc, seeing as he cant rip aggro and wants an excuse to call me a bad tank uses extricate on me on CD and, often runs off to find a second group of enemies to pull, Every time this happens I force cloak and watch the 3 of them die, then write "1 pull at a time is easier."

One great example was a pull with 2 elites, 1 strong and 3 standards. I pull, grab aggro and the sorc opens with force storm (its part of his rotation, which goes force storm -> force storm -> force storm). The sorc rips 1 elite and 1 standard, I am still tanking 1 elite 1 strong and 2 standards. All 3 of them start shooting (the op is a rdps) the targets that are going for the sorc. I therefore don't bother grabbing aggro as the 3 of them can easily deal with that. Some moments later the 3 of them are dead and I have another standard and elite to contend with. The sorc says "would be nice if you held aggro" I reply with "would be nice if 3 dps could beat 1 elite." The next time we do the pull its much easier because before I died I had killed all the standards and the strong, so it was only 2 elites.

Final boss the sorc extricates me as soon as I pull and sorc gets aggro. I switch to lightning charge and play as dps. The sorc dies and I go back to tanking At the end the sorc says "nice tanking," and I reply "actually you were rubbish at it."

Hammer station tfp, I get kicked at start because "light armour cant tank"

Hammer station tfp with my 37 sin tank. Group is 65 sniper dps with legendary player, 22 sin dps marked as tank with legendary player, 33 sniper dps.

This time it was only the other sin that was bad. They kept pulling ahead of me then throwing tantrums about aggro, eliciting the same response I gave to the previous 2 who complained about that. They used overload rotationally, they broke cc's, they ignored boss mechanics.

I mentioned at one point how strange it was to see an LP doing all the dumb stuff you normally see from noobs, such as overload on CD, queue as tank when dps, breaking cc's, pulling ahead of the tank, going elite -> weak kill order, ignoring boss mechanics etc. The response I get is "1) I have been playing since beta and have 15 characters, 2) I am better than you 3) go eat ****." I respond along the lines of "playing since beta and still cant play? you must be the thickest person to walk the face of the earth." They quit group and proceed to send me increasingly hilarious whispers.

Fun HM FP on covenant tonight.

Group pops as a Jug tank, Sorc healer, Annihilation marauder, and me lightning dps, on Directive 7.

We say our hello, and move on. FIrst pulls, seems tank is not the most skilled, but doing ok, Both me and the marauder both use smart target priority (first time in a while I see a marauder/sent doing that.) so mobs that escape the tanks don't last long, and if I see one going for healer I'd give him a hit so he'd go for me instead.

I lead them in the skip route, no major issue. Some of the pull we have to do however we clearly see tank is the one having tunnel vision and healer is trying to give him a few tips, some gets applied, nothing too worrisome.

Then we arrive at the gate before the 3 assassin droid with the swapping shield, and tank figure he's running in. And staying there. Perhaps used to be a way to skip, don't recall that far, but fairly sure we used to do that pull even in 1,0. Also, after tanking a BoI earlier this week, I don't trust the "stop gate factor" anymore.

Still would have been nice to say he wanted to do that. Still we get brutally murdered while the tank is chilling near Healer (the droid inside, not our sorc heals)

Next 20 minutes are a chaotic mess of getting back there, Tank respawn to start after us, so its the Marauder, the healer and me re-using the skip route, then marauder gets aggroed by a patrolling probe, while I help him kill it, healer forgets about a group nearby, gets killed (his sole mistake on the fp, very forgiveable)

I manage to kite the strongs and we survive.

Then we see our tank health go down like a rocket. Yep, he ran straight middle in uncleared pathway, got murdered by a massive group now running toward us. I use my AoE to thin them a bit, and CL's root delay their arrive (strongs are luckily melee), again, kite the stong, mara kills the normal ranged I missed, we survive.

Tank comes back, we all get on top of the tents...safe the tank. Before I can try to pull, he figure "Hey lets go around"

Pull everything, everyone gets brutally killed safe healer that managed to stay up and the mobs gave up aggro.

He tries to rez me (I did rush in to try and help, I'm nothing if not a fighter to the last breath even if it look desesperate) but reg revive puts me back up right in the middle of the group for a very very very brief life.

We finally manage to get through (after extricating the tank up). Luckly all of us are in relatively good and festive mood it seems.

Tank ask for more advice, we give them, then proceed, no issue up to interrogation probe.

Suddenly, I don't know what happened, but tank goes unresponsive just before Bulwark. Not AFK. Unresponsive. Marauder ask for 30 sec to switch utilities around, tank start pulls, doesnt answer.

At bulwark, we figure its an easy to tank fight and the mechanic is on dps side, so /care, however we are starting to get worried for mentor.

Then it takes a turn for the worse. Unresponsive tank start pulling uneeded group for the replicator nodes (which we missed most of) or anything that slightly flash blue at him. Doesn't listen. Pull the droid mini-boss rather than go along wall, right there in front of the turrets, I try to at least extricate him to LoS location, he jumps right back.

We finally get to Mentor.

Luckily, Mentor is a fight where tank are nice, but most of the damage can be CCed or avoided. I tell the marauder if he sees tank doesnt take the big droid when it appears, to go for it, and issue predation so I could take care of the core.

I say I,ll CC right turret when it spawn, we go on left first.

Just as we're about to start the fight, our unresponsive tank that got a total personnality switch suddenly says something:

pretty much "I've never done this before" but in a roll forehead on keyboard version "Iv e neer one fore".

And pulls RIGHT away still. I CC right turret, me and the marauder start dpsing the left turret.

Tank stands there a bit, looks at us, looks at the CCed turret a good 2-3 seconds...and jumps it, obviously.

The marauder and I managed to stick to plan mostly, tank broke my CC again on the turret when they spawned next, and took a while for him to grab the droid.

We finally pulled through, thx to the great heals and for once having dps with brains.

But one heck of a chance Mentor is a fight like that, many other FP would have meant very painful wipes.

overload on CD

Overload... my favourite AoE. The Ultimate AoE.

It's really annoying after Berserk (4-piece) and Battering Assault (2-piece) + Gore. As soon as you're ready to start Ravege enemy gets knocked so far away from you that you can't use Ravege and miss Gore window. At least you still have Dual Saber Throw + Vicious Throw (6-piece) but still...

Edited by Halinalle

Tactical Legacy of the Rakata

I'm on my lvl 61 assassin. There are two maras (lvls 43 and 35) and a jugg (lvl 17). I'm the only one with the legendary status and I have the 25-run achievement for this FP, and the jugg (newb) and one of the maras (newb) have never done this before. The other mara (noob) has very curious ideas about how to get through this, but it doesn't really start causing an issue until we get to Darok and Arkous.

Classic problems throughout: My CC's on any elites are invitations to immediately jump on the target and ignore dps kill order. As such I have most of them dead by the time the three have killed that elite. Everyone's HP is anywhere from 10% to 70% when a mob is down. The rancor and rakata chief take forever with the tank kiting him into the three of us all the time and pulling him all over the arena. The two maras alternate hitting the chief and rancor instead of focusing one, taking their sweet time to get out of fire.

I die to the middle boss and see something I've never seen before. Instead of getting the adds in one place for an AOE fest, all three of them take a group of 2-4 with them all over the map, not attacking, but just running around like headless chickens. I tell them to cluster the adds, which they do, on me, and by this time all of my DCDs are on cooldown and I go down. I run back and the reason they're still alive is they're still running around now with a few adds in tow, running back and forth to the kolto stations. The part I've never seen before is the Commander guy has dropped from his perch while the adds are still on the ground, and we're still trying to finish off the first wave of adds, and the next wave of adds actually comes out. I'm really lamenting that I don't have my mercenary as my assassin's AOEs leave a lot to be desired (and no, I'm not using Overload as an AOE). We finally get the adds killed, and I think the Commander feels sorry for us because from 75% to death he never calls another wave of them.

On the way to Darok and Arkous we decide getting past the mob that I CC'd is not an option. It must die, starting with the guy I CC'd. Finally we get to them, and everyone agrees to kill Darok first. I have never seen a single wipe on these guys in my couple dozen runs of Rakata until now. We manage to kill Darok but Arkous kills everyone when he gets to 75%. Enraged in a tactical???? Couldn't be... So the problem is the noob Mara's strategy for this fight is to ignore dps and just run between the three kolto stations, hit them on cooldown, rinse and repeat. She actually says there is a pattern to it (as in the pattern to run so they're on cooldown the least amount of time). :rolleyes:

We try again but the newb mara and I cannot combine to make up for the loss of the third dps. The funny thing is the other maras strategy is not even keeping us topped up at all. The tank is down to 10% by the time one of the stations is hit, and the stations are very far from the battle, so he's not getting much benefit from it. Also, the mara running the kolto stations is getting hit because hitting the kolto stations actually gains healing aggro.

Yes, this is all as crazy as it sounds. It gets better....After second wipe (again Arkous kills everyone after Darok goes down), mara wants the tank to run the stations, I'm thinking that she must think this will ensure the three of us dps won't get hit because the tank can increase his aggro by hitting the stations. I interject to say that maybe we should try killing Arkous first. My reasoning is if they want to run the kolto station game, it will be easier to have the moveable Darok chasing us closer to the kolto stations than Arkous, who never moves from his spot far away from them. Mara is having none of that, the kolto station pattern works :confused:

So we start this third time and the tank immediately hits the first kolto station when we're all at 100%, hits the one next to it right after that, and then the third one. The weird mara hasn't even joined the battle and all three stations are on cooldown. I tell the tank to not hit them so quickly, and the mara actually says he must do that. Well, this ends the worst of all our attempts, as we can't even get Darok down by the time everyone is dead.

Fourth attempt, and because I simply do not have enough dps to carry all three of these guys, I just say let's try killing Arkous first and see if it goes any better. Mara complains a little bit but we try it. Does it work? No...no...it does not.

Weird mara, while we're all back at the area starting point, says this would be easier with a healing comp. The first truth the mara has said the whole time. Even though I've wasted all this time in the FP, I did actually get a couple of upgraded pieces drop, so I drop to let them keep trying it with one of their healing comps. I'm morbidly curious to know if they ever got through.

TL;DR I hate running my DPS toons through TFP because it's much harder to carry newbs/noobs than it is with my healers and tanks.

Wow. I haven't read this thread in forever. I'm amazed at the stories. I actually ran a few flashpoints today to check in. 5 hms and 2 tacs. Outside of a healer rage quitting in directive seven and my using a heal comp through mentor (which sucks cause you have to manually control the pet) all the runs were successful and clean. There were some weird attitudes in some but nothing to suggest anything concerning. thank you shadowlands for not making me loathe my existence today. These stories are amazing. I have no clue what server these stories come from but wow.

I remember a few years ago, I was the weird one, this was around update 2.0

I respecced my mercenary to heals, didn't gear him properly, and queued for a HM flashpoint. I got in Lost Island as a replacement where they were at the last boss. Unsurprisingly I bombed it, and everyone died. They saw I wasn't geared properly so the group lead gave me some appropiate pieces and we gave it another go, I kept the tank alive longer this time, but we still wiped.

They thanked me for trying, and I exited the area - but forgot to quit the group and went afk afterwards, when I came back I saw in chat that they had asked me to quit the group so they can que for another replacement - but since I wasn't there they had to initiate a vote kick.

I don't know what was going through my head at the time, but needless to say I never did something like that again.

Edited by DarthZeroe

Oldie but goodie:

It was a KDY run prior to 12XP, with low level team. I was an Assassin dps.

Droid boss, I warn them to kill adds after I'm the only one doing it.

I got an incoming rant about : "We are leet raiders we don't have to do boss mechanics just burn it"

I called him every name under the sun in capslock because I felt like it. They wiped, I did the combat cloak. They kicked me... but I was the only one who did not have the big repair bill.

In another instance, I was vote kicked by a team because my character was pureblood Sith. That one I put a ticket in for.

Did a tactical cad, group was my 32 vang dps, 26 vang tank with legendary player, 22 sin tank and 61 slinger with legendary player.

First pull the vang tank opens with mortar volley. After a while the sin dies, then the vang dies, then we finish the pull (the people who died just ressed and ran back in because it was close to start. After the pull there is a kick from the vang tank to the sin tank reason: "they aren't holding aggro and are not doing much damage, they cause wipes and are noob."

We stand by second pull waiting but the vang tank wont pull because he says "when I pull I get attacked." Lovely, a tank who doesn't like getting hit. I pull, hold perfect aggro with my dps toon and use reactive shield to stay alive, then heal back to full afterwards and write "not too had was it?" I get told to shut up and L2P. Kick on the sin fails.

We get down the lift, go through cantina (which doesn't have an ambush any more) and through shortcut.

At the other end of the shortcut the vang pulls, we charge in and start fighting. Kill all the enemies except the champ droid who is attacking our sin. I put a stun on it to prevent it doing damage and I reckon If the group stun rotates correctly we should beat this before the sin dies. The other 3 don't stun and sin dies, the vang tank then dies having never used reactive shield, the droid turns on me and we finish it.

Slinger puts a vote kick on the sin reason: "noob" and it goes through.

me: "what do you two have against that guy?"

vang tank: "he doesn't take aggro, doesn't do damage and cant play"

me: "what does your lack of dcd and the slingers lack of cc have to do with the sin tank?"

vang: "da*** you talking about?"

me: "you never used reactive shield and the slinger never used slice droid"

vang: "what does that have to do with the sin tank?"

me: "the pull you are throwing a tantrum over was one in which every enemy except the champ droid died, then the champ droid killed 2 of us, a cc on that droid would have prevented any deaths"

vang: "lol you ought to shut your face and L2P"

(I wasn't going to say this but this guy had annoyed me)

me: "also the sin always died before you did, which suggests the sin had aggro, so he was clearly a better tank than you."

vang: "lol if you are so good why don't you tank?"

me: "well I don't have field respect but give me a min to move my bars into my vang tank set-up"

I lay my bars out as I have them on my vang tank on ToFN so as to make it easier to find stuff, switch to ion cell and put guard on the other vang because he refuses to move out of ion. I then proceed to tank every group between the shortcut exit and the first boss with the vang ripping aggro once and the slinger never getting hit and I didn't die at all. Once stood in front the boss I switch back to my dps stance and move my bars back to my dps layout.

me: "you are right, that tanking is so difficult"

slinger: "have you tanked before?"

me: "I main tanks, my favourite is shadow but vang is quite easy too"

vang: "lol shut up noob, you don't know how to tank"

me: "or at least its easy if you don't open with mortar volley, that's part of learning to tank"

I am starting to suspect the reason this sin got kicked was because the group was 3 legendary players and 1 player who never spoke and was the lowest level in the group. As such when the slinger and vang started doing stuff wrong the sin made an easy scapegoat so these players rather than saying "oh, that went wrong, perhaps I should change something" instead could say "it must be that noob causing the wipes."

Anyway we kill the first boss and while on taxi the vang tank sends me a whisper:

"Just to let you know I am putting you on ignore because I hate arrogant *****s who think they know everything, you cant tank and I know you don't play a tank because you have a dps vang. If you knew how to tank with it you would have specced it tank."

We carry on, me facetanking everything because the other vang opens with mortar volley every time, and refuses to taunt because "the only way that noob (me) could get aggro is if he taunted, and I don't taunt off dps who taunt." I never taunted at all, the reason I had aggro was because this guy couldn't tank, still it didn't matter as he had his aric set to heals.

The slinger also couldn't dps. At one point I asked them what spec they were because I never saw any of the ss procs and I had assumed they were ss via their play style. They said they are a saboteur. I never once saw an incendiary grenade or shock charge so I decided to watch the slinger. Their rotation was charged burst spam with speed shot and thermal grenade on CD.

I suppose that explains why the champion droids kept surviving long enough to kill out vang tank. Still we complete the mission and I get back to fleet. That's where things get interesting. The other vang was on fleet moaning about me. I ask fleet chat to ask him to remove me from ignore and proceed to give him tips on vang tanking over fleet chat, with him replying that I don't know what I am on about and a lot of people in the chat agreeing with me. In the end I sent this guy a whisper saying

"I can respec this toon to tank and run some fp's with you to show you the ropes. As for endgame vang tanking feel free to make a ToFN toon and mail <my vang tank's name>, we can do some fp's there and I can give you tips on aggro control and so on. Also on ToFN talk to <name of a sage healer> because they taught me to tank in a maelstrom run ages ago, everything I know I learnt from them."

I receive a "**** off" and am put back on this guy's ignore.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I was the weird one. Needed one more hm fp to finally finish weekly. It popped , I logged in only to find out that it was Directive 7, the group screwed up mechanics on 3 droids boss, so they had one left alive with shield on (tbh i have a very faint understanding of how it works myself, but whatever), and right when I ran to them they decided to /stuck it and start again, cursing developers and bugs. Well, repair cost is 9k+ , so I told them it was not a bug. but mechanic and that I was not a fan of repair bills and left the group. Pretty sure they were calling me names through those 30 seconds, though I didn't recognize the language. :rolleyes:

Did a tactical cad, Snip the rest of a tale of woe...

I'd suggest that you were accompanied not by two legendary players but by two players with a strange symbol by their names. Sort of like how Prince became Squiggle. Now we just have to work out what that symbol means. I suggest that it probably means "I have a strange symbol by my name".

I'd suggest that you were accompanied not by two legendary players but by two players with a strange symbol by their names. Sort of like how Prince became Squiggle. Now we just have to work out what that symbol means. I suggest that it probably means "I have a strange symbol by my name".

Well actually the issue is people thinking LP status means something, which it doesn't.

For example, theres around 4 class missions on each planet, 11 planets through the story, some stuff inbetween chapters and 1 extra on quesh. Each story is therefore around 50 missions. 8 stories is 400 missions. But these are all solo missions which (as we all know) require no thought at all and can be facerolled even at level, add in side missions (which are often just as easy) and players are often overlevelled.

So all LP status really means is someone has had the patience to go through 400-ish easy missions, none of which require them to know their class.

That's why I always find it funny when people in ops or fp's say "of course I know what to do, I'm a legendary player" and only after a couple of wipes say "yeah well I never did this fp while doing my story." (tbh I always respond to this by writing "so am I, but I have never done EC.")

Being able to do 400 tediously easy missions does not mean they know the mechanics on fp or op boss fights.

An example was the other night on my guardian tank, I joined a pug DF in which everyone except 1 dps was LP. The other tank started by asking "which of you is healer? so I know who to guard" and when I suggested they are best off guarding the best geared dps I had a healer respond "we will see about that."

Edited by BobFredJohn

I was the weird one. Needed one more hm fp to finally finish weekly. It popped , I logged in only to find out that it was Directive 7, the group screwed up mechanics on 3 droids boss, so they had one left alive with shield on (tbh i have a very faint understanding of how it works myself, but whatever), and right when I ran to them they decided to /stuck it and start again, cursing developers and bugs. Well, repair cost is 9k+ , so I told them it was not a bug. but mechanic and that I was not a fan of repair bills and left the group. Pretty sure they were calling me names through those 30 seconds, though I didn't recognize the language. :rolleyes:

I don't think there's any way to screw up mechanics on that fight so as to leave a shielded droid, without it being bugged. There are 2 kinds of shields on droids in that fight in HM, and either shield will prevent the droid using it from taking any significant damage. So the only way to kill first two droids for them would be to follow the mechanics and attack the unshielded one. I've read stories in this very thread where it didn't work in the same way - the final droid somehow ended up in a shielded state, which should never happen.

So yes, you were the weird one and the others were right, it was a bug.

Edited by Styxian