The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Does anybody ever get in a PUG where two of the characters are different versions of the same character?

I just wonder what kind of people make different versions of the same toon.

My merc healer is an exact copy of Mako. That has confused a few people in the past who thought someone had their companion healer out :)

The shocking bit: that op apologised for assuming I would be crap.

Might be able to tell I'm catching up with random replies to a few.

I had this once, biggest surprise in an FP I've had. I was on my second Guardian, just hit 55, but had already crafted/bought a decent tank set. As I was already running ops on my first one, I knew that defense, shield and absorb were more important than the typical 'stack endurance' tactics. My first 55HM was... meh, memories gone, I want to say Mando Raiders, the one with the totally pointless weak pack spawn just before you turn right into a more serious pull.

Even before we start, the healer is moaning about my low health, admittedly the lowest in the group. I point out that health isn't everything, and pull anyway. I knew the threat rotations, I know what my DCDs are, so it all goes fairly smoothly, the rest of the players were well geared, and the flashpoint is cleared without any problems.

The weird bit was at the end, the healer actually apologised, and said I had been far easier to heal than most tanks he had encountered in pugs. Strange how gearing correctly can make you look weaker at first glance :)

KDY

3x good players

1x troll Sentinel (he had to be troll, nobody is that dumb)

We get all scenarios done without big issues but we kept noticing things about the Sentinel. Small little things that normal team player doesn't do. We get to last boss, grenade guy. We start the fight and Sentinel does nothing, apart from running between two stations where you get rid of grenades and clicking them. So, most of the time we just had to take explosions and continue. Luckily we kill the boss on first try.

BW, thanks for giving ridiculous amount of stuns to Scoundrels!

Edited by Halinalle

Reminds me of "brb. Gotta go get butter"

sigh.....I love this thread!

Different game, but all from one player during various raids

'Brb, need to get my chainsaw in out of the rain'

'Brb, cat is stuck in the toaster'

And the crown jewel from him :

'Have to go see my grandma, grandfather has just died'

OK, that one is entirely understandable (if true, by this point I was somewhat cynical), but half an hour later he logged back on and complained that we had replaced him in the raid!

My merc healer is an exact copy of Mako. That has confused a few people in the past who thought someone had their companion healer out :)

My commando has a full set of the low-rep BBA armour. She goes around with Elara, who *also* has a full set of the low-rep BBA armour. The only visible difference between them is their weapons (cannon versus pistol). I wonder sometimes if that confuses people.

Galactic Starfighter is sort of group fighter, isn't it?

I know, I know, leave me alone Ryuku :)

But for all you get rants about bad play, random accusations of cheating etc in GSF, there just aren't as many ways to really tell someone is weird to justify a thread in the right forum. You can't tell bad gear so easily as when you see an assassin with a single bladed saber, or the wrong cell/stance on a tank, and conversation is too rare to realise the person is odd behind the keyboard. So with it fresh in my memory after catching up on a couple of months of fun here, I thought I'd add all I have recently. Too few evenings spent outside my ships!

And poor Bob, having finally reached the latest page, I can't understand how he keeps going, he must have an idiot attractor or something...

My commando has a full set of the low-rep BBA armour. She goes around with Elara, who *also* has a full set of the low-rep BBA armour. The only visible difference between them is their weapons (cannon versus pistol). I wonder sometimes if that confuses people.

You were confused too so it works.......................... !

:p:p:p:p:p

16-man Ravagers pug group, we are doing Master & Blaster. I'm tanking master, but we wipe on first try (blaster tank got disconnected right after we started and I didn't realize fast enough to save us).

Anyway, after we wipe we go back and one of the sorcerer dps's joins us in Teamspeak, mumbles for a few minutes so that none of us can hear him, shouts "you're all adorable", and ragequits. Needless to say, we 15-manned the rest of the op with no issues whatsoever :-D.

First one I got an instant pop for SM Cademimu for an in progress flashpoint. I was healing on my lowbie sorc. They hadn't gotten very far, and were only up to the first elevator. The assassin tank is at level, and seems to be holding threat decently but is exceptionally spiky. We get up to the first boss, and I start getting some really bad graphical lag, so I ask them not to pull for a second and I restart my client. I get back in quickly enough (glad that they hadn't kicked me yet), and the group appears to be finishing up a discussion about killing the robot first. Fight starts, robot gets activated and everyone goes to fight it head on and get carbonized. the sentinel ends up dieing but we otherwise kill the boss.

A focus drops; both dps pass on it, and myself and the tank greed on it. I won the focus, and the tank says something to the effect of it being a huge upgrade for him. At this point I decide to look at his gear and see that while he is in darkness charge, he also has a focus equipped. I offer to give him the focus since it really is a lot better than the one he has, and I already have the same one. I do mention to him that as a tank, a shield, even one of lower level, is going to do him a lot more good. He says that he "had a shield but wanted to take more crit." I mention again that a shield will help him take a hit a lot better, but don't otherwise push it since it's not really a big deal.

We get to the second boss, and remembering what happened at the first one I ask if everyone knows the fight. One DPS says that they're playing again after two years, the other is a "strait-up newbie," and the tank says that he's never done this instance. Cool, I explain the fight and everybody does exactly what they were supposed to do. ^^ Rest of the instance goes off without a snag, except for someone falling down the elevator shaft, and an accidental face pull in the room where all the trash is really spread out. Before we leave, I mention to the tank again that he should look into getting a shield generator since it'll start getting harder from there on out. It was a really enjoyable run though even if it took a little longer than normal. The tank adds me to his friends list, and honestly I'd have no problem healing for him again since he seemed really nice, and to be having a lot of fun. :-)

---

Last night I ended up in Cademimu on my sorc again, and again I was slotted as the healer. I respec and zone in. It's two sorcs, and two assassins. The tank is all over the place, pulling without the group and isn't really holding threat at all. I probably should have checked his stance, or gear but didn't think of it at the time. The sorc dps asks if he's new to tanking and he says "no, but is just messing around." Okay, whatever.

We kill the first boss and the focus drops (again :p), The dps assassin and I greed on it, the tank and the sorc need. As we're heading to the next area I say to the tank that he really shouldn't need on something that is definitely for the DPS. I mean at this level if it were armor or a light saber it wouldn't have mattered since tank-stat gear doesn't drop, but a focus is a focus.

Tank: I'm a DPS anyway

Me: But right now you're queued as a tank. That's not fair to the DPS.

Tank: I'm queued as DPS it just gave me tank.

Me: You can uncheck the tank option if you don't want to tank. Unless it's bugged again (wasn't sure if that was the case, but still wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt).

Tank: I don't care about that. Just play the game, you're being childish.

So I admit that it is just a game. I was being a little childish for getting worked up over this-- especially since I normally don't mind healing dps tanks, but this guy wasn't exactly being the paragon of maturity either since he'd essentially just cut in line to get into the flashpoint in the first place, and then tried to take an item that he shouldn't have been using.

At this point the two dps and I are jumping down the ledge to the second boss, and he speeds off and pulls the wookie with us still back there. Of course we run after him and get into position, he's still at close to full health since the adds haven't spawned. I've been playing/maining a healer since six months after launch, and I've never not tried to keep a tank up (except for a few revenge shots at guildmates ), but at this point I'm feeling kind of childish and petty, so I stand back and dps my heart out. Like I said, I have no problem running with dps tanks, and I already knew that I could heal this guy through a stupid flashpoint if I wanted to, but really saw no reason why I should carry someone who didn't want to play by the rules, and work as a team. Plus I had queued as a dps as well as a healer and suddenly decided that I wanted to dps. :cool:

Needless to say the tank went down, and it was stupid satisfying. As soon as he died, I started healing again (no point in punishing the dps), and the wookie was defeated no problem. Afterwards I told him that if he didn't feel like he should have work as a team and play his role, I didn't feel like playing my role either.

I really didn't care if the tank was kicked or not, and had already made up my mind to not heal him for the rest of the flashpoint, but one of the dps had initiated a votekick anyhow, so I agreed and he ended up being booted. Treek did a marvelous job for the rest of the rest of the run. :-)

tl:dr - I purposely refused to heal a tank in a fp for the first time, and it was way more satisfying than it should have been.

Edited by Fiamma_Verde
Clarity

Taral V

Shadow tank, Sentinel, Scoundrel (me), Commando healer

I queue for random flashpoints (+ KDY) and after some waiting Taral V pops. We get in and say our hellos. Now everyone knows basic strategy for this one: speeder up and skip most of the enemies before the first "boss".

I get Guard immediately so at least tank was in correct stance. We are at the first console but tank pulled maybe the first group of enemies and we were nowhere near there. Healer says "don't pull", other dps says "maybe it's better to leave pulling for tank". Healer's reply "he can pull when I say so". Tank respawned at shuttle and immediately exit area. Healer puts vote kick on tank and it goes through since only two votes is needed. I kinda felt bad about it for the rest of the run even though I didn't vote. We are all way overleveled for this instance anyway so healer pulls out Treek. She tanked most of the flashpoint. We got Guardian tank near the end though and finish it easily.

I was weird one too, at least a bit. I'm trying to get to tab targeting. Sometimes I still go in stealth and try to backblast enemy right next to me and nothing happens. :o

Edited by Halinalle

Not groupfinder, just a weirdo.

Doing a BBA run with my imps. When doing so with my merc I see in gen chat a person (ill call him P for person) write "joining guild for 2M, whisper me". He writes this afew times and I decide to rock the boat:

me: "you must be bad if you need to pay a guild for an invite"

P: "lol you cant read can you?"

me: "Im not the one who needs to pay people 2m to accept me in guild"

P: "because I am so good"

me: "sounds like your bad, most people dont need to buy their way in"

P: "LOL YOU NOOB, THEY NEED TO PAY ME"

me: "you are saying the guild needs to pay you 2m to be allowed to witness your brilliance?"

P: "jealous, noob?"

And he rants and raves for a while about how good he is, during which I am killing my bounty and going back to fleet. I then go to my sorc and back to dk, first thing I see when I land:

P: joining guild for 2M, whisper me"

I keep quiet this time, until this person writes something else:

P: "lfg h2+ saving face, no fee"

me (on different toon so different name): "what does no fee mean?"

someone else: "lol"

P: "I wont be charging people for the group"

me: "why would you charge people anyway?"

someone else: "dw <my name> hes just an idiot"

P stays quiet, I complete my 4 bits of info and see P now writes:

P: "joining guild, 1m, limited time half price offer, whisper me"

Then:

P: "lfg h2+ saving face, 50k charge"

me: "I have seen a load of horrible endgamers but never any who charge low levels for assistance in low heroics"

I check his name in who panel, a level 14 jugg

me: "oh, I assumed you were endgame asking people to pay you for help, but your not"

P: "engame, lol im f2p"

me: "you were right <someone else> he is an idiot, how does a f2p expect the guild to pay him 1m?"

P: "lol you dont know how to send money"

me: "I dont know what the cap is, but I am almost certain its less than 1m"

P then shuts up :(

Edited by BobFredJohn

Decided to do a GF run on my Operative healer and got Boarding Party. In the beginning we had to wait for a bit until the other group members zoned in, so I took a look at the Juggernaut tank. His armor seemed suspicious because it resembled light armor. When I inspected him I saw that his gear was indeed a mixture of all armor classes and stats.

I considered telling him what gear worked best for his class, but by then the other group members had finally arrived and we engaged the enemies.

Unsurprisingly, the tank rolled need on each and every piece of gear. The only thing he said throughout the entire flash point was skip despite being called out on his gear and on constantly rolling need.

Furthermore, he kept tunnelvisioning so I and the Sorc DPS got attacked quite often. He also killed the bonus boss Engineer before his droids (luckily I managed to hide behind a reactor core, so it wasn't a complete wipe).

None of the other team members ever bothered using their interrupts. I will never understand why I as the healer always have to switch targets to use my interrupt when three people already have the guy as their target. But then again, I'm the one who would have to heal through it...

By the time we reached the final boss the Sorc DPS had left and the tank and the Assassin DPS managed to pick the guy with the reflector shield as their primary target... While I was healing myself through the damage of the other two enemies - of course the tank didn't care at all - I figured the Sorc had been right in dropping group.

KDY and trolls.

Telegraphs, why it's so difficult for some? If it's red, it's most likely bad for your character!

Station Guardian One, second easiest boss in the instance.

Sentinel: tunnelvision boss and loves red

Gunslinger1: tunnelvision boss and loves red

Gunslinger2: occasionally attacks adds and loves red

Scoundrel: tries to kill adds while trying to damage boss when possible. Ran out of KDY medpacks and had to use Disappearing Act + Sneak multiple times -> boss reset

No, "steady stream of corpses" never works.

They said: "it's impossible"

Ok, I have 100% KDY achievements so I know it's possible. Actually I love doing that fight as ranged class because you can dps down most of the adds one by one without even moving. I'm really starting to think that PC gaming is dying.

Edited by Halinalle

KDY and trolls.

Telegraphs, why it's so difficult for some? If it's red, it's most likely bad for your character!

Station Guardian One, second easiest boss in the instance.

Sentinel: tunnelvision boss and loves red

Gunslinger1: tunnelvision boss and loves red

Gunslinger2: occasionally attacks adds and loves red

Scoundrel: tries to kill adds while trying to damage boss when possible. Ran out of KDY medpacks and had to use Disappearing Act + Sneak multiple times -> boss reset

No, "steady stream of corpses" never works.

They said: "it's impossible"

Ok, I have 100% KDY achievements so I know it's possible. Actually I love doing that fight as ranged class because you can dps down most of the adds one by one without even moving. I'm really starting to think that PC gaming is dying.

Why is it considered second most difficult? I always found it the easiest.

and why not tell them about the 2 ranged dps method where 1 stands by each kotlo. They can reach every corner and every add between the 2 of them and a slinger (at least a sniper does, so I assume its the same) will kill an add within 5gcd's (thats if all the decent abilities are on cd, if not its 3). That way nobody need ever move and melee dps can (if they are so inclined) derp on the boss.

and why not tell them about the 2 ranged dps method where 1 stands by each kotlo. They can reach every corner and every add between the 2 of them and a slinger (at least a sniper does, so I assume its the same) will kill an add within 5gcd's (thats if all the decent abilities are on cd, if not its 3). That way nobody need ever move and melee dps can (if they are so inclined) derp on the boss.

Because:

- I was tired (I really should get some sleep)

- I was tired of chain pulling. That was most likely their revenge because I had to exit combat earlier vs Elite Defender, I had 50% when they pulled the droid so I didn't have any other way to avoid repair bill. I still managed to get to #1 spot on aggro table though (and people whine about nerfed Scrapper :confused:).

Edited by Halinalle

Not a GF incident though it happened when I was LFGing for heroics on Tatooine.

I'm on my Ruffian Scoundrel, and I LFG for the Reap the Whirlwind heroic. This lvl 60 Vanguard whispers me, saying that he'll run me through it, and then shoots me a group invite. I usually dislike roflstomping through heroics with overlevelled people, finding that not much fun at all. But it's been a while, and no one else has responded, so I think "Well, beggars can't be choosers" and accept.

I see that he is already in a group with 2 other people, a warning sign that I may get bullied. Right after I join, I get whispers from 2 people at level offering to do it. So I say "Sorry, but people at level are offering to do it," left, and invited those 2 to a new group. The Vanguard immediately starts ranting and raging at me through whispers, saying "WE CAN DO THIS VERY QUICKLY, YOU STUPID NOOB!!!!" and "WHY DID YOU DECLINE MY OFFER TO HELP, YOU STUPID *****HOLE NOOB IDIOT!!!!!!!" Because, of course, hanging around on Tatooine at lvl 60 makes him God's gift to the game, and all of us "low-level peons" should be flocking in droves to him for his help.

He promptly got put on ignore on ALL my Republic characters on that server, including 2 healer and 1 tank 60's. I sure hope for his sake that he's got a great guild, because he isn't getting into any group content with that attitude.

Also later on, when we finished that heroic and I asked in chat to do Search and Rescue, I only could find 2 people, 1 of which was in our group during the previous heroic. While we were waiting for a 4th player, the Vanguard and two of his guildmates tried to troll us by rushing through the enemies and killing them before we could so we couldn't get the bonus. Nevertheless it actually made it easier for us, since they aggroed all the mobs and we could just kill them ourselves one by one, with me tapping them with Shrap Bomb first. It was a very nice try for them, though.

Edited by HandOfKane

I took my new Sorc Healer to FPs today. Hammer Station SM. He was 15 at the time, now 16. Three runs. A great one, a bad one and a nice one.

First run, the great one, had us have the proper trinity and a PT Tank that never lost aggro to anyone throughout hte whole FP, despite guarding the Healer - me. :rolleyes:

Second run was the bad one.

For starters, we have no Tank. Team is me, a Rage Jugg, a Fury Marauder (not sure of hte names, I may have mixed them :p ) and a Sniper. Then, the Jugg is impatient. The Sniper is still zoning in, and he tryes to kick him. Doesn't go through, but then the Sniper DCes. Tries again, the Mara votes yes. At this point we've cleared the first room - itchy trigger finger, I guess - and the Sniper disappears.

The Jugg takes out his Vette and keeps charging through, not resting before pulls. I don't even have the time to queue us for a replacement, that he puts us into another fight.

I'm not healing too much anyways, because I have about 50 Force by now... So, they both die two times on the second pull. :D

As I ask them to wait a sec and let me summon my Khem, since I have a huge Presence boost, they jump on the famous pull with 2 golds, lots of silvers and a few standards. I'm still at 50% Force after having tryed to rest up after the previous pull, so there's no way I can keep them up. They die, I die.

But as I respawn I notice they're both back in. This goes on for about 10 minutes, during which not a single enemy of that pull goes down. I didn't even think I'd see that happen. :eek:

After I notice my gear has durability 10 - from the starting 80, since I wear levelling greens at 15 I had light armor :rolleyes: - I type in chat I can't heal this way. Damn, I don't even get to recharge my Force, how am I supposed to? :confused:

Anyways, after the Jugg yet again jumps in pulling while me and the Mara are dead, regardless of my pleads to wait... Guess what? I quit, explaining why. Mara quits too. Damn, I get lockout, but I spent about 5k in repairs at 15... I didn't even knew that was possible. :D

Third run actually was nice, with a Jugg Tank, the Mara from the second run and another Sniper. The Mara actually respected kill order, let the Tank pull and peeled off me. Should I call it, like, a night to day transformation, I guess? ;)

Anyways, we actually clear this with ease, the Tank never tanked the final boss, but I give some pointers and mark where they should stay - loving those FP markings, now. :D

Still, not a bad result, 2 good runs out of 3.

However, I wonder if that Jugg had trouble understanding me or if he kept pulling just because. I mean, I think if I write "Wait" it's not that hard to understand, is it? :confused:

TL;DR: Three Hammer Station SM runs: one great, one bad with a DPS Jugg slotted as Tank that didn't even spend a sec waiting for the healer (me) to regain resources, and a third one that prooved good. I bailed out of the second run after 10 minutes wiping on the dreadful pull at start, since no enemy died and my gear's durability was nearing 0.

There is also no stealing involved here either, with the loot mechanic, everyone has the same chance, it's a random dice roll, I cannot manipulate it, if the entire group hits the same button, so there is no possible way I could have stolen anything. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it almost sounds like you're trying to make me out to be the bad guy here.

No stealing? You literally rolled NEED on gear you cannot use. "Everyone has the same chance" - that isn't even remotely true. You purposely went over the top of others to give yourself a guaranteed chance.

He is exactly making you out to be the bad guy, because that's exactly what you are - you're lying about which FP you did, and you're a loot ninja who thinks they did nothing wrong.

Edited by mbfhl

Since returning about six months ago, I seem to only have issues with KDY.

There are two scenarios I will rage quit on because of someone being ignorant. The first one is building the ship. I say, I know how to build the ship.

I get good as a response the one guy decides what I picked isn't correct and changes things. The ship will explode. If that happens, I'm gone. I have zero patience for players who go out of their way to cause the group grief. I know the puzzle, let me handle it and I promise, We won't be fighting 6 more gold droids.

The other is the prison. Someone either falls or pushed an enemy off the ledge and aggros the entire bottom. Once is fine, don't do it again. The last time I did KDY on my sage, a sent felt the need to dive off the ledge, aggro the bottom and die. Revive and do it again.

The final boss fight. I won't rage quit here, but too many don't pay attention to instructions. If you don't know the fight and someone asks, anyone not know it? Say so. I'll be more than happy to explain them. The sith/jedi is get force pushed all over, but the other two have waves and some people won't kill adds or bother to use the kolto to heal the group.

As much as I like running KDY because it varies every time your run it, or most of the time it varies. I'm to the point I can't get through it because I keep getting grouped with people who don't know what they're doing, don't care they cause a wipe, and don't pay attention to directions to make the fights easier.

I had someone say leave an add up with the droid boss. When I killed it, he said, why did you do that?

I said, because they keep spawning. There was two there when I took them out. I've seen three up at once because the other dps can't be bothered to kill them.

Dude, No, they don't.

Me, Yes, they do. There were 2 up.