The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Level 60.... just... what the....

*Sigh*

Not shocked anymore, should be a role test similar to Raptus's challenges before you can do GF at level cap.

In The Secret World, there's a gatekeeper who bars the way to the hard mode content. You can contest him as healer, DPS or tank (3 different fights, 3 different mechanics), but you must defeat him one way or another before you can even zone in to HM content.

There are still derpy players (and good players with derpy moments!), but no blinding ignorance like a level 60 healer who isn't aware he can heal others (I have to vote he was trolling--what does he think the role of a healer is?)

2nd time that happens.

Assault on tython and i m pure dps with all 192 gear(except earpiece).

First 2 groups of enemies and my health getting really low, really fast. I m struggle to survive but at the end i m alive. Group was 2 dps and 2 healers.

They chat me that if i want to make that kind of fp's, i have to take a better gear(lol, ok i want that 198 too but lol).

I tell them that healer need to do the job at those situations as the dps needs healing if it has to make more damage(i have to say that healer never heal me and i m not going to put shield in my char :p ).

Immediate vote kick. Reason: noob

:p omg & 3x lol

2nd time that happens.

Assault on tython and i m pure dps with all 192 gear(except earpiece).

First 2 groups of enemies and my health getting really low, really fast. I m struggle to survive but at the end i m alive. Group was 2 dps and 2 healers.

They chat me that if i want to make that kind of fp's, i have to take a better gear(lol, ok i want that 198 too but lol).

I tell them that healer need to do the job at those situations as the dps needs healing if it has to make more damage(i have to say that healer never heal me and i m not going to put shield in my char :p ).

Immediate vote kick. Reason: noob

:p omg & 3x lol

So ... Assault on Tython tactical mode? With 2 DPS and 2 healers, that's what I'd guess. And they kicked you because 192 wasn't high enough for TACTICAL?!?

You shouldn't even need a healer in tactical, but kicking you for having 192 is really stupid. Are you sure there's not more to the story?

So ... Assault on Tython tactical mode? With 2 DPS and 2 healers, that's what I'd guess. And they kicked you because 192 wasn't high enough for TACTICAL?!?

You shouldn't even need a healer in tactical, but kicking you for having 192 is really stupid. Are you sure there's not more to the story?

As far as i know no. No more story.

The only i can guess is that healers tried to make some damage, as one of them was in front of me (:p) fighting, and the other dps was in low health also.

What i can blame, is the way they played as i was low health but others also, so i think they all of them try to fight and this is wrong. You have to stay in your role or else you will mess it up.

I have to note that mainly i don't have problems with my play style and almost everyone is satisfied in fp's. I making decent damage and playing my role as i have to, and if i make a mistake i apologize in chat.

EDIT:

*********Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post

me: "how about when the group is injured?"

healer: "theres nothing I can do about that"

me: "you could do something, for example, heal"

healer: "**** stupid noob, how am I supposed to heal you?"

me: "what?"

mara: "what?"

healer: "my heals only work on me, when I cast them it heals me, thats how it works"***********

I think that i had same kind of heal :p

Edited by Sotmax

I got a good one and I learned my lesson to never join a pug group for GF Ops or really queue again with non-guildes outside a fp. So bored me wants to get some comms for some tank B mods hear so se someone spamming for Ravagers 16 Gf last boss. I'm thinking good we skipped to an easier boss that people can do should be fine so I join to tank it. Now one dies somehow and goes back to beginning. Instead of taking transport he goes long route. I'm thinking its whatevs. Now come out the first group I despise. The impatient. Several freak out and start verbally abusing the poor guy especially one dude who went full roof rage as his time is "valuable" (how cute) and we can do this easily without him. I'm like chill out (He can't say anything to me as he seems to know better when (guy is op healer btw). So after a few minutes of whining (I had gone back out to show him how to get in). Then one of the impatiens pull before I get back in the room and wipes the raid. We Rez. Now enter the know it alls. Complaints fly at everyone in the room, one threatens to quit because his dinner is ready. The Op healer pitifully asks for a rez but to make things fun I get the newbie to Rez him. Boy he's mad now. We get it down and pull for real. Enter the final group of despicables, the bads and the people who think they are good. People stand in circles but the heals can't keep up. I look up this guy who had been blustering can't heal for crap (Apparently on his legacy he had beaten Bulo HM but certainly not on that healer) plus he's just healing himself while being a scumbag in chat. He leaves and everyone is thankful he left. But impatients now leave. We had only been at this for 10 minutes. Never doing that again. Not until impatient Gimmie gimmie people, *** clowns, terra bads, and bass who think they are good stop joining groups I am out. Nope nope nope. I question why I even thought it was a good idea in the first place.

I nevere ever go into ops with any other but my guild m8s as i have to know with who i m playing.

Pug's have that i suppose..

Welcome to the game. You will find that pulling when the healer has no force/energy or is not with the group because they're still stood trying to regen where the last mob died is a common tank problem. Just ask them to slow a little and most will. When tanking you have to balance making sure everyone is ready with waiting too long so the stupid dps pull (there's always one stupid dps).

From recent posts here it sounds like the bads on JC are trying to take the bad crown from our bads on ToFN. ;)

The other issue is that some people expect resource management to be the same on every class but when a Knight or a warrior charges forward it's ok as his focus starts from 0% and goes up as he fights but if they are mixed with say a bounty hunter or trooper we have to start with 100% so if they don't have time to regen then it makes for a mixed fight especially if your move for infight resource is on cooldown.

What i can blame, is the way they played as i was low health but others also, so i think they all of them try to fight and this is wrong. You have to stay in your role or else you will mess it up.

In a tactical, you don't have to stay in your role (2 heals 2 DPS, you REALLY think 2 heals were needed?). There is no healer needed. Those healers could have DPS'd all day and you should have been fine.

The fact that you were taking damage so readily makes me wonder if this wasn't actually hard mode, and the way you told your story suggested that someone asked you to put on a shield. Did you actually queue for HM as a tank? Because I CAN see you getting kicked for having 192 DPS gear if you queued as a tank and were unwilling to respec.

If this was really a tactical and 1) people were dying without heals, then 2) you got kicked for having (only) 192 gear, the group was full of fools. However, by your own admission, you were also near death. So that would put you in the same bag as the rest of the party.

I call shenanigans.

The other issue is that some people expect resource management to be the same on every class but when a Knight or a warrior charges forward it's ok as his focus starts from 0% and goes up as he fights but if they are mixed with say a bounty hunter or trooper we have to start with 100% so if they don't have time to regen then it makes for a mixed fight especially if your move for infight resource is on cooldown.

Hence why knights and warriors are often the bane of a tanks life. Especially if they are a watchman sent or mara equivalent.

The problem is whilst waiting for everybody to recover they are losing their resource pool, and depending on spec the lose buffs like 6-stank juyo, centering and merciless. Of course with the standard of most people in this game they go "oh no! my buff is about to run out I better jump in quick regardless of how everybody else is doing"

In other words, the reason that most people who chain pull ahead of a tank are warriors and knights is because they don't know that group roles and fight mechanics are more important than their stupid damage per second.

Not bad, just weird:

Yesterday, and the day before, I did a random FP on my Jugg tank for the daily. Both times, Cad popped. Both times, it was already in progress. Both times, it was in the middle of a boss fight (Xander the first time, Wookie guy the second) so I got the XP without even being in the same area. Both times, when I asked what had happened to the previous tank, I was told, "he just up and left. No DC, no explanation, just there one minute and gone the next."

I like to pretend it's the same guy and he is making my leveling slightly more efficient. Keep up the good work, Disappearing Tank!

A twist on this story: this time, it was Mando Raiders, and this time, the remaining 3 wiped on the boss and so I got to/had to do the boss fight with them. Still, my old friend seems to still be at it.

Yesterday in KDY: pop with my sage into a 2 DPS 2 Heal group. easily doable. One of the DPS pulled entire rooms bringing 10-15 enemies at us at once and stood there doing nothing in the 30 seconds it took for us to die, decided to fight a gold enemy solo without telling anyone, never said a thing the whole match, not even a sorry for causing us to wipe on KDY twice. needless to say he was kicked after we tried getting him to say something with no response.

Yesterday in KDY: pop with my sage into a 2 DPS 2 Heal group. easily doable. One of the DPS pulled entire rooms bringing 10-15 enemies at us at once and stood there doing nothing in the 30 seconds it took for us to die, decided to fight a gold enemy solo without telling anyone, never said a thing the whole match, not even a sorry for causing us to wipe on KDY twice. needless to say he was kicked after we tried getting him to say something with no response.

I can never tell if stupid people who don't say anything in chat are f2p or if they know they're stupid and don't want to be called out on it.

I remember the last time I did the Esseles with my Guardian, we had a Scoundrel healer....who did no healing. One of the other players asked if he really was a healer or just DPS. No reply. Somehow we survived.

Question: if a Sage or Sorcerer chooses a DPS spec instead of the healing spec( like Lightning or Telekinetics ) do you not get any healing abilities or is it just not as developed as the healing specific specs? I'm sorry if I sound like a moron but I did KDY with my Marauder and the Sorcerer with us said he had no healing abilities.

Edited by josephinec

Question: if a Sage or Sorcerer chooses a DPS spec instead of the healing spec( like Lightning or Telekinetics ) do you not get any healing abilities or is it just not as developed as the healing specific specs? I'm sorry if I sound like a moron but I did KDY with my Marauder and the Sorcerer with us said he had no healing abilities.

they have some crappy heals but my guess would be he said that because he wanted to dps and not be forced to heal just because he plays a class that has that as an option

A dps sorcerer gets a couple of healing abilities here and there as baseline to the Inquisitor class, but there are some things that are only available in the healing discipline's tree, along with a lot of boosts to the baseline ones. Basically, you get enough to keep yourself reasonably alive, but healing a full group with it could be a challenge, especially at higher levels.

Perhaps an PvP player ?

I've been cautiously getting back into PvP (both match- and world- when the latter exists --Yes, I've actually dusted off my long-disused Bastion server characters!) of late...And while the specifics of that are beyond the scope of this thread, let's just say this:

If you have a tank in an instance in PvP gear (even if wearing the "right" gear for his role) who "runs" between pulls by jumping constantly, then check your in-game credit balance, because you're probably going to be dipping into it for repair-bills, like it or not.

One would think that it wouldn't take these heroic warriors of teh ultra-violence too long to realise that you move a lot slower in this game doing that than just by running normally. Not to mention how insufferably stupid it makes you look :confused:

I actually tried to educate one of these jumping idiots on that, once.

Me in /party:

Mate, stop. (He does, and so do I) Now target me. Now let's start moving as we were, and watch my range to you. (IE, me running normally, him jumping constantly.)

Me in /party a few seconds later:

See? You move slower, and you also look like a complete *********** retard.

Him: [Drops group without a word]

Me: [Pulls out massively-overgeared Blizz, and we get through the instance --I misremember which now, I think it was [HARD] False Emperor?-- with almost no problems.]

It's not the stupidity of some SW: tOR players that gets me in and of itself, it's how insufferable they can be about it :confused:

I've been cautiously getting back into PvP (both match- and world- when the latter exists --Yes, I've actually dusted off my long-disused Bastion server characters!) of late...And while the specifics of that are beyond the scope of this thread, let's just say this:

If you have a tank in an instance in PvP gear (even if wearing the "right" gear for his role) who "runs" between pulls by jumping constantly, then check your in-game credit balance, because you're probably going to be dipping into it for repair-bills, like it or not.

One would think that it wouldn't take these heroic warriors of teh ultra-violence too long to realise that you move a lot slower in this game doing that than just by running normally. Not to mention how insufferably stupid it makes you look :confused:

Me in /party:

Mate, stop. (He does, and so do I) Now target me. Now let's start moving as we were, and watch my range to you. (IE, me running normally, him jumping constantly.)

Me: [Pulls out massively-overgeared Blizz, and we get through the instance --I misremember which now, I think it was [HARD] False Emperor?-- with almost no problems.]

It's not the stupidity of some SW: tOR players that gets me in and of itself, it's how insufferable they can be about it :confused:

The jumping can actually be useful for ONE class. Inquisitor positionning for an Overload while kiting to keep some forward movement. Otherwise, just strafing is way better considering the 270° targeting arc.

The jumping can actually be useful for ONE class. Inquisitor positionning for an Overload while kiting to keep some forward movement. Otherwise, just strafing is way better considering the 270° targeting arc.

Jumping is very useful at endgame. Inbetween trash pulls is not one of those times.

Me in /party:

If you actually approached it the way you say you did, are you actually that surprised the tank dropped? There were many different ways you could have made your point - which I'm not arguing here, mind you - without insulting him about it.

The Sage was lying (Sages get their first heal at like level 9 or 10). All classes who CAN heal get SOME healing ability. Just like all classes who can heal get some DPS ability, but if you're in heal spec you won't DPS nearly as well.

Sage gets total of three heals from baseline AC:

Abilities gained at low levels:

Rejuvenate: small HoT, mainly used by healers

Benevolence: decent heal, short cast, high on resource cost

Abilities gained at higher levels:

Force Mend: instant self heal, very useful for dps as defensive cooldown

Seer gets 4 heals more.

Same for Sorcerer. Just change the names.

Was in KDY run yesterday. 1 wipe: someone knocked enemies from upper floor to bottom floor in prison scenario (typical "let's make this more interesting" strategy). I left the other two there and went after our tank but I got killed in few seconds by 20+ enemies (only time I've generated a decent amount of Healer Aggro :cool:). I ran back there and saw Sage dps spam healing herself (one heal = few pixels more to her HP bar) so I had to help her a bit.

Edited by Halinalle

If you actually approached it the way you say you did, are you actually that surprised the tank dropped? There were many different ways you could have made your point - which I'm not arguing here, mind you - without insulting him about it.

Granted, but I've no ****s left to give anymore, and haven't for a very long time.

I find this community more and more flippin' insufferable by the day, and I assure you, I am hardly the ultra-ub3r-1337est player you're ever going to meet, nor yet the most social.

But even a very basic level of competence and social non-retardedness --IE, not being an annoying douche-kid-- it would seem, are just too much to ask nowadays, so like I said, I've long since stopped caring whom I offend in calling on it.

Edited by midianlord