The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

For f2p maybe but not for a sub. A sub can use no XP boosts except rest XP, only do class and the main planet quest and do no side quests yet still be over levelled for every planet after your capital. But enough of my soap box, we're here for fp stories...

XP and 10% guild boost, plus every Daily: Galactic Conflicts that I qualified for, the KDY daily, and my PvP daily and I'm still 4 levels under going to Hoth. I did a number of side quests on Alderaan and Tat, NS and Balmorra before that, the whole secondary quest line on Taris and all the bonus missions.

XP and 10% guild boost, plus every Daily: Galactic Conflicts that I qualified for, the KDY daily, and my PvP daily and I'm still 4 levels under going to Hoth. I did a number of side quests on Alderaan and Tat, NS and Balmorra before that, the whole secondary quest line on Taris and all the bonus missions.

Eh??? I did about the same 'til I hit 44 before relaxing a little.... Just finished Chap 1.

My sin is 60 and doesnt have xalek yet :p my operative was 45 when they came out with the pre order for 3.0 and 12x xp so I decided to start up his story again. On balmorra

My 'mando is 55 and has just finished Coruscant.

My Sniper has finished Chaper 1 with level 55 and is still hanging around somewhere in chapter 2 or 3 with lv 60.

Leveled my toons to level 55 purely through KDY/Flashpoint. Did that by gathering friends/guildies to make pre-made team to minimize pug derp and grind all day. It's the grindiest of all grind fest, but with all legacy flashpoint XP boosts unlocked and CM XP boosts, you can gain a couple of levels in a relatively short time, even at high level. This way, you can skip planetary side-quests/Heroics and focus only on your story quests like you would in 12x XP. :D

On to the stories. I usually run HM Flashpoints with friends, but our tank couldn't make it so DPS friends and healer me decided to pug one. Started off normal, but after first trash pull tank started to ramble about snow. We were at Korriban, what snow? :confused: Weirdness escalated after the first boss. The tank started chatting up our Sin DPS (female toon smallest body type, but player is male). Out of nowhere the tank said this:

"Sin DPS, ur so tiny"

"u should eat more rancor"

"Sin DPS why is ur hair so short"

"why wear mask i want to see ur face"

During pulls occasionally these things would pop in chat:

"Tank is flirting with Sin DPS."

"Tank shows off for Sin DPS."

"Tank farts."

He didn't stop even after being told that Sin DPS is a guy. The three of us were in TS, and like good friend we are, me and other DPS laughed while our Sin DPS was weirded out. Overall, aside from the weird Tank, we oneshot everything. Funny guy, wouldn't mind having more people like him. :D

The second story is unfortunately not as amusing. Wanted to try DPS, so I picked up my Mara and queued with Tank friend. Got a pop, clicked without paying much attention. When my screen finished loading, the healer had quit group. I realized why soon: 1) The pop was Tython, and 2) the other Mara had only 35k health.

Inspected gear, Mara was wearing 162-168 and a few greens. Tank and I pointed out that he was undergeared, and he should get full 186 or risk dying a lot. Mara stubbornly insisted that gear rating makes no difference, "its all level 55 anyway". :confused: I asked if he had done HM Tython before (thinking that undergear may not matter if the player is experienced), he replied, yes, he had, at the start of Shadow of Revan. I pointed out that prelude of SOR is SM, while we are about to do HM, the mechanics and damage output are drastically altered, but he insisted that SM is the same as HM.

Well, since he insisted on finding out the joy of HM Tython the hard way, I queued to replace the healer. While waiting, I asked if he knew the mechanic of the first boss (fully with the intention to explain if he didn't, acknowledge and move on if he did). Mara replied with paraphrased "f**k this i told you ive done this before but you keep on badgering me im out of here i dont want to be treated like an idiot by elitist f**ks" and quit group.

Left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I should take in consolation that I probably have avoided unnecessary, painful wipes. But, really, since when expecting players to know fight and geared properly is an elitist behavior? :confused:

I was the weird one here, according to the group, and they had reason to think so due to my behaviour.

HM hammer station. Im jugg tanking, theres a sorc healer, sniper dps (dps1) and merc dps (dps2)

At the very start the dps 1 lets the group know he has not done this mission before. This has become so rare I even thanked him for saying so. We set off and get to the first boss. dps1 asks for tactics:

me: "avoid aoe circles, everything else is on the healer so theres not much hassle for you"

dps1: "ok"

I pull, we kill it, carry on.

Second boss dps1 asks again:

me: "theres a shield, I would prefer if you didn't attack the shielded enemy as I will be targeting the unshielded ones"

dps1: "ok"

dps2: "the shield really doesn't matter"

me: "shoot the shielded one if you want, I will be hitting the unshielded ones and my taunts have a CD, its up to you if you want aggro or not"

We do the fight, both dps follow my instruction so I keep all aggro.

Get to the final boss. dps1 asks for tactics again

me: "Nothing special"

I pull, the merc dps stands in the wrong place and gets knocked over the edge by boss knockback. The sorc stands in the aoe circles and dies. Dps1 is sensible but with only 1 dps and 1 tank we wipe.

healer: "does the tank actually know the fight?"

me: "yes"

healer: "well you explaination was rubbish"

me: "I said nothing special, whats wrong with that?"

dps2: "thats not explaining the tactics"

- The reason I don't explain the tactics for that fight is that:

1. by level 55 people should have worked out there is no benefit on any boss fight to stand infront the boss, therefore you might as well stand behind

2. by level 55 dps should know they are meant to shoot adds

3. by level 55 people should understand to avoid aoe circles

I explained this to the group, pointing out that all these "tactics" are standard practice so doesn't need stating for level 55's. Dps1 backs me up stating that he was the one who didn't know the fight and my instructions were suitable for him, and that neither of the other 2 asked me to clarify when I "explained" the fight.

We pull again, beat it, finish up and the healer tells me to give him 100k for a repair bill and his time. I told him to shove it up his rear entrance, dps 2 also asks me to pay his repair bill and recieves a similar answer. The healer informs me that noobs tanks such as myself go onto his ignore, dps2 spams me with whispers telling me how much his repair bill is, dps1 adds me to friends as "he rarely meets people who are willing to explain fights but aren't patronising when doing so".

Edited by BobFredJohn

I have yet to meet any really funny people in a group yet, but when I did The Esseles with my scoundrel a couple days ago, our Jedi Sentinel made a comment about making sure he was compensated well for the completion of our mission. Adira was like, "Um, that's my line?"

PvE or RP server ? ;)

That is why we call it the Kuat Academy of Window-Licking.

Must taste awful.

Leveled my toons to level 55 purely through KDY/Flashpoint. Did that by gathering friends/guildies to make pre-made team to minimize pug derp and grind all day. It's the grindiest of all grind fest, but with all legacy flashpoint XP boosts unlocked and CM XP boosts, you can gain a couple of levels in a relatively short time, even at high level. This way, you can skip planetary side-quests/Heroics and focus only on your story quests like you would in 12x XP. :D

On to the stories. I usually run HM Flashpoints with friends, but our tank couldn't make it so DPS friends and healer me decided to pug one. Started off normal, but after first trash pull tank started to ramble about snow. We were at Korriban, what snow? :confused: Weirdness escalated after the first boss. The tank started chatting up our Sin DPS (female toon smallest body type, but player is male). Out of nowhere the tank said this:

"Sin DPS, ur so tiny"

"u should eat more rancor"

"Sin DPS why is ur hair so short"

"why wear mask i want to see ur face"

During pulls occasionally these things would pop in chat:

"Tank is flirting with Sin DPS."

"Tank shows off for Sin DPS."

"Tank farts."

Sounds like an PvP player doing what they call "trash talk" - insulting others, also called "forums PvP".

Perhaps he needed stuff for his bolster or something.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Not actually thru GF technically, but someone on fleet was looking for people for Dread Palace, I haven't done it so I mentioned that and that wasn't a problem apparently. Well I guess I should have left the group shortly after the "group leader" was asking where I got my relics and after I told him where he still had trouble finding them. I inspected his gear and found something puzzling- half of his gear is tank gear, he is a mara... His bonus damage was quite pathetic naturally.

After we get a full group together we goto Oricon and I make it there and we have someone who has done the op before and the "group leader" took us to the wrong spot, he had us go inside where I think the dread fortress op is. The guy who actually knows the op requests he transfer group leader to him for obvious reasons and he agrees, but wants to be the assistant...

Oh and we were going to do the 8m version, he had it set to 16.

We start the ops and all is fine after the guy with experience explains fights along the way and the Mara chimes in with wrong information to which the other guy corrects. We do ok until we get to Calphayrus, the ex group leader went in the wrong portal and I was thinking to my self, seriously? I didn't bother running into the past portal by myself, just let myself get killed and quit the group. I believe the Mara must have been a younger guy and I am confused to how he managed to hit level 60, I did actually point out he was wearing half tank gear (we were looking for a tank, so I made a smart comment) and he said he got confused with the adaptive armor :rolleyes:

Edited by Romeugues

Not actually thru GF technically, but someone on fleet was looking for people for Dread Palace, I haven't done it so I mentioned that and that wasn't a problem apparently. Well I guess I should have left the group shortly after the "group leader" was asking where I got my relics and after I told him where he still had trouble finding them. I inspected his gear and found something puzzling- half of his gear is tank gear, he is a mara... His bonus damage was quite pathetic naturally.

After we get a full group together we goto Oricon and I make it there and we have someone who has done the op before and the "group leader" took us to the wrong spot, he had us go inside where I think the dread fortress op is. The guy who actually knows the op requests he transfer group leader to him for obvious reasons and he agrees, but wants to be the assistant...

Oh and we were going to do the 8m version, he had it set to 16.

We start the ops and all is fine after the guy with experience explains fights along the way and the Mara chimes in with wrong information to which the other guy corrects. We do ok until we get to Calphayrus, the ex group leader went in the wrong portal and I was thinking to my self, seriously? I didn't bother running into the past portal by myself, just let myself get killed and quit the group. I believe the Mara must have been a younger guy and I am confused to how he managed to hit level 60, I did actually point out he was wearing half tank gear (we were looking for a tank, so I made a smart comment) and he said he got confused with the adaptive armor :rolleyes:

What server are you on, i think i know the group leader (unfortunently)

Doing tactical FPs on my scoundrel healer, get a pop for Battle of Rishi. The other 3 players are shadows - 2 DPS and a tank even - so I think, "great, we can skip a lot of stuff and do a quick run."

Haha, nope. It seems like someone pulled everything - even mobs we could go around WITHOUT stealth, we ended up fighting. When the 3 shadows went to the first console, I went alone to click the second console - after I had stealthed in, clicked it, and stealthed out, the 3 shadows came down and tried to clear the bunker ANYWAYS.

Other than that, the only death was at the end when someone failed to properly shield themselves from the electromagnetstormwhatever, I got the weekly, and I was done in time to see the very end of the Super Bowl, so it was all good.

Yep, i know that guy... He was in our guild until we kicked him for being annoying and not listening to our advice even though he asked tons of questions...

I was surprised he was in a guild, I can deal with noobs, but when half their gear is the wrong spec and they act like they know *** they're doing when they don't it's a bit much.

We pull again, beat it, finish up and the healer tells me to give him 100k for a repair bill and his time. I told him to shove it up his rear entrance, dps 2 also asks me to pay his repair bill and recieves a similar answer. The healer informs me that noobs tanks such as myself go onto his ignore, dps2 spams me with whispers telling me how much his repair bill is, dps1 adds me to friends as "he rarely meets people who are willing to explain fights but aren't patronising when doing so".

Ah man, this is golden. Thanks for the laughs.

HM Manaan, me on my op healer main, thoughtfully geared in 192/198s, 4-piece set bonus, raid-aware, newly transferred to the Harbinger to expand my raiding opportunities. I like healing, I take it seriously, and the last straw before leaving my old server was my tank telling me that "healing is easy and boring" because he did a SM on his merc alt. I don't need to do flashpoints, but I enjoy them, and as I'm new to the server I want to meet people and see which guilds are good (and which are to be avoided).

So anyway, I'm there with the tank, and the two dps are taking FOREVER to come. Long load times or something. It's the first pull of the flashpoint, with a few champions and a lot of aoe damage which shouldn't be stood in. And the tank decides to pull without any dps.

No dps, so nothing dies.

Tank stands in Stupidity Circles.

Tank can't or won't get aggro on everything so I'm preoccupied with healing myself because I refuse to pay repair bills. Because using Flame Sweep when all the mobs are bottlenecked like that is SO HARD.

So the tank dies, I stealth out, and all the mobs aggro on the two dps still at the zone-in spot.

Tank says, "So I guess you're not a healer?"

"Excuse me?"

"I died, you're not a healer. You don't even have a guild."

"Well maybe if you didn't pull without any dps things would turn out better."

Tank quit the flashpoint.

Things are definitely going great for me on my new server!

HM Manaan, me on my op healer main, thoughtfully geared in 192/198s, 4-piece set bonus, raid-aware, newly transferred to the Harbinger to expand my raiding opportunities. I like healing, I take it seriously, and the last straw before leaving my old server was my tank telling me that "healing is easy and boring" because he did a SM on his merc alt. I don't need to do flashpoints, but I enjoy them, and as I'm new to the server I want to meet people and see which guilds are good (and which are to be avoided).

So anyway, I'm there with the tank, and the two dps are taking FOREVER to come. Long load times or something. It's the first pull of the flashpoint, with a few champions and a lot of aoe damage which shouldn't be stood in. And the tank decides to pull without any dps.

No dps, so nothing dies.

Tank stands in Stupidity Circles.

Tank can't or won't get aggro on everything so I'm preoccupied with healing myself because I refuse to pay repair bills. Because using Flame Sweep when all the mobs are bottlenecked like that is SO HARD.

So the tank dies, I stealth out, and all the mobs aggro on the two dps still at the zone-in spot.

Tank says, "So I guess you're not a healer?"

"Excuse me?"

"I died, you're not a healer. You don't even have a guild."

"Well maybe if you didn't pull without any dps things would turn out better."

Tank quit the flashpoint.

Things are definitely going great for me on my new server!

Welcome to Harbinger! I see you've met one of our patented DickTanks®!

Korriban Incursion, yes tactical, not HM.

One of the group members doesn't enter instance and whines about wrong role selection for him/her (had both damage and healer selected). After a lot of whining fourth member finally enters instance just as we pulled the first boss. No one cared about wrong roles (our tank wasn't in Soresu even though obviously Immortal). It's tactical, roles don't matter. I was actually getting really tired of constant whining and I was about to say something about limited role selection for Marauders (if you want to be hilarious/weird at least do it properly :D). No one died and we even split into two teams inside Sith Academy. Fast and fun (ignoring that whining) run.

Edited by Halinalle

After an extended pause it's time for me to add a little story as well.

A guildie of mine was trying to acquire some elite comms and I joined him for an HM FP. His toon has the old Underworld bonus, but was otherwise in 186 comm gear. However, he is more than competent on his Sorc and on top of that we Hammer Station HM at level 60. I was tagging along with my 192/198 (proper Resurrected set, implants, relics, hilt, etc) Hatred Assassin.

Our tank was a level 57 (I think 56 when we started, levelled somewhere in the beginning) Juggernaut. All comm gear, mostly 180, but more than half of it was tank gear so neither of us bothered to say a thing. The other DPS was a Leadership Marauder and far as I could tell, not affiliated with the tank. Marauder was a Smasher, level 55, decent gear too.

Right after the slightly more demanding pull where groups tend to CC at least one of the elite droids the Marauder started giving us climpses about his true capabilities. He kept pulling at a pretty relentless pace, even leaving fights unfinished to rush forward. I dutifully mopped up stuff, my guildie kept us going and the tank didn't say a word.

Marauder pulled the first boss, tank followed and since I wasn't Guarded, I decided to wait a bit. Some time after I joined the fray, I pulled aggro. No taunt was forthcoming, so I just stealthed out and waited a while again. No problem, boss dies, we live. Then the tank typed "Wait!" and the three of us stopped. The tank popped Guard on the Marauder and we kept following the Marauder until my guildie DC'd and the Marauder died right before the second boss. I told them my friend would come back in a minute and once he caught up with us we killed the trio with yourstruly holding the aggro most of the time.

After the boss fight the Marauder initiated vote kick against my guildie with the reason "Can't keep up". It didn't go through, but the tank actually stopped to write "He's kinda right though, you two are making this harder than it has to be!" I asked how did he arrive to that conclusion and he pointed out "Well, you are not tanking well and the healer let the Marauder die!" We tried to explain that he was in fact the tank, which caused him to quit without another the word and the Marauder followed this by trying to vote kick me. A decision was made, we removed him in spirit of reciprocity, my guildie pulled out Ashara, I grabbed Khem and we finished the instance just fine.

Was a peculiar run indeed, but at least we got some Teamspeak giggles, Elite comms and whatnot out of it. I tried to /who the Juggie's guild too, but no-one was online. Honestly would not have minded just respeccing to Darkness and tanking the rest of the FP. And yes, I checked, checked and checked, I was not tagged as a tank (my Sin never is) and I do recognise Immortal when I see it..

Edited by Elusive_Thing

Core Meltdown

I guess I was weird one here. Again, one of those "cba to move" runs for me. Carnage Mara could hold aggro at beginning of boss fights but mostly it didn't take long for boss to turn around and start smashing me. Part where you have to click two terminals on both sides to open the door we split into two teams (normal I guess) but we Maras didn't do anything. I was ready to jump to fight but I was waiting the other person to come there too. Yeah, I know. "Pic or it didn't happen." :D

I'm really getting tired of Overload spam and look-I'm-jumping-around-Assassins especially in Battle of Rishi. Yes, I know you want it done quick but Overload doesn't exactly help.

Edited by Halinalle