The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can we remove the sleep dart miss chance?

I had my first miss on the way to click a console this week. Unfortunately, having never missed on a sleep dart previously it never occurred to me to actually check the mob was slept :o

In short, I concur. As a healer, I really don't want to have stack accuracy to ensure I can sedate a 'patient'.

I agree. While I have not seen it myself I see no reason to give it a chance to miss.

Also, I'm pretty sure my interrupt has occasionally been missing as well. I'll hit the interrupt and it will go on cooldown but the enemy will still continue and finish their cast. It could be related to another issue (lag, bug, etc.) but I know it's gone on cooldown without interrupting the enemy, and I don't recall ever having this problem pre-2.0. If it is actually missing then this should be changed, because there are some encounters where getting an interrupt off can mean the difference between life and death. The droid in LI and Malgus immediately spring to mind.

This has really thrown me off. I'm play an operative healer, I'm not going to be putting any accuracy on my gear. I get assigned to sleep dart something, my Sneak has a limited duration...now that I'm aware this is an intended mechanic I can be prepared for it, but I think in a pve setting there is no reason for CC's to miss. Edited by chuixupu

From what i understand, all 51+ mobs got +10% to resistance, so plenty of new gear has Accuracy mods in it to help you get to the 110% you need to stop anything from missing.

So tanks and healers need to be taking accuracy so that they can compensate for BioWare's oversight in making all tech/force abilities able to be resisted? They've already had to go back and make taunt impossible to miss because of this, it's not much of a stretch to imagine that they didn't think through other ramifications of the change.

So tanks and healers need to be taking accuracy so that they can compensate for BioWare's oversight in making all tech/force abilities able to be resisted? They've already had to go back and make taunt impossible to miss because of this, it's not much of a stretch to imagine that they didn't think through other ramifications of the change.

Or maybe they made it like that on purpose? It's not like there hasn't been a hint about this on the loading screens since uhmmm launch?!

So yes, you might need a little bit of accuracy. And it's really very little.

The rest of us have to spend points towards acc, why shouldnt you?

Get some acc and keep cc'ing or dont. Damn operatives...

Yeah, and all of us agents need to stack cunning. Why shouldn't everyone else put in a few points?

Really though. I think I'll stick to putting points in things that actually let me do my job (healing) instead of taking away some power so that my ooc cc will miss less frequently.

Yeah, and all of us agents need to stack cunning. Why shouldn't everyone else put in a few points?

Really though. I think I'll stick to putting points in things that actually let me do my job (healing) instead of taking away some power so that my ooc cc will miss less frequently.

Comparing accuracy to cunning isn't really fair. You should say that all of you agents need to stack main stat, which everyone does.

I am a healer as well and I love the new change. It makes me feel like more of a healer. I think it is a good change to role distinction; DPS are the best CCers now because they have the accuracy for it, which is how it should be (DPS are for taking care of the enemies).

Do you have to stack Willpower as well? Armor rating? Shield rating? Defense rating? You may get some of them along the way, but I've NEVER seen a sane agent stack any of those.

And you only need enough to get your total tech accuracy up to about 105-110%, which is pretty easily accomplished. Much less than you'd need to softcap Power, Surge or Crit or even Alacrity.

Most classes also have a skill to get a few points on top of their 90%/100% base accuracy ratings. So that's a whopping 2-7% accuracy left to go for an operative.

Your choice if you rather put those stat allocation points into Power for pretty high numbers. I rather use my abilities consistently.

The fact people are defending this rubbish makes me sick. It takes 500 points of accuracy, out of a budget of 720/790, to get 110%. It is clearly asn oversight.

Biioware: make pull, charge, 60 s cc, 4s stun, interrupts and all other abilities that should not miss 110+ accuracy against mobs/bosses

Edited by dipstik

I didnt know how sleep dart could miss. Seems kind of pointless since you don't even have agro when you use it. While I'm here I'd like to express my disgust at force users 'spells' being able to miss. Magic doesn't miss, come on now. Unless a mob runs behind a pillar a split second after I cast that's just impossible. If you're focused on something your target gets nailed, period. It has nothing to do with how clearly you can see your target or how steady your hands are. All that would make perfect sense for a shooter/melee class but not for a caster.

If I throw a rock at you I can miss, if I think of throwing a rock at you the thought is solid, and doesnt change.

made me giggle. good one :D

dev, troll us a bit, make it that way so heals can miss :D

attacks and cc can miss, why not heals? :D

Edited by Atramar

I didnt know how sleep dart could miss. Seems kind of pointless since you don't even have agro when you use it. While I'm here I'd like to express my disgust at force users 'spells' being able to miss. Magic doesn't miss, come on now. Unless a mob runs behind a pillar a split second after I cast that's just impossible. If you're focused on something your target gets nailed, period. It has nothing to do with how clearly you can see your target or how steady your hands are. All that would make perfect sense for a shooter/melee class but not for a caster.

If I throw a rock at you I can miss, if I think of throwing a rock at you the thought is solid, and doesnt change.

In your example you are still throwing a rock, just using your mind instead of your hand. A thrown rock can miss once it is out of your control. Sure you can argue that you can guide the rock the whole way to the target, but if that were the case, then why not just hit them with the invisible telekinetic force and forget about tossing a rock?

Or maybe they made it like that on purpose? It's not like there hasn't been a hint about this on the loading screens since uhmmm launch?!

So yes, you might need a little bit of accuracy. And it's really very little.

So they did it on purpose, like they made it so that taunt could miss on purpose? Oh wait, they changed that.

And as dipstik said, 500 points is not a little.

Tanks have to spend points towards defense, why shouldn't you? Perhaps because DPS are not tanks, and tanks are not DPS. Same goes for healers.

Please give one good reason why these abilities should miss. Attacks, yes, because when you're spamming attacks some should be missing, since you're attacking so often. In a given fight you could be using 30 attacks, and assuming 10% resist chance you'll miss roughly 3 times. That's your tradeoff, and if you don't want to miss then take accuracy.

But what good does making controlling effects miss do? They're used so infrequently and on such long cooldowns that it should not be able to miss no matter what your stats. You'll in general use maybe one or two of these controlling abilities a fight. Assuming again a 10% resist chance you'd statistically miss a CC 1 in 10 times. If you're not even going to see a miss in an average fight why even make it possible. It's infrequent enough to not be something expected, but frequent enough (>0 chance) that it will cause problems when it does happen.

These are basic utilities that you expect to work, and you should expect they work, otherwise that undermines the point of a utility. You push someone you expect him to get pushed, you pull him you expect a pull, you stun you expect they get stunned, not stand there and be unaffected. Would you sing the same tune if your personal shield would randomly not activate unless you stacked accuracy, or heals? Oops, you missed the button, try again or get better accuracy.