Concern with Vice-Commandant pack (and suggestion)

DarkWyndre

This makes a lot of sense, and I'm actually kind of surprised it wasn't set up this way to begin with. What's the point of having rep tied to tokens if those tokens cannot be sold or traded?

And as OP suggests, this would give the people who have the time to grind credits in-game a means of building the rep as well.

I can see it now. The rep packs go for minimum of 400K on my server. Let's give everyone the ability to buy a pack for $5 and then sell the rep item for 300K, still cheaper than buying the pack. Oh, and let's not forget that people still can sell all the other items in the pack as well. I can spend $5 and if I'm lucky with the other items in the pack make over 2 million credits?

No, thank you. Keep the rep items bound, please.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DarkWyndre,

I spoke with the folks on the Cartel Market team about this. One thing that some players may not initially realize is that all of the Cartel Market Reputation items can be vendored for credits. I do realize this isn't exactly what you were putting forward as a suggestion, but it is an alternative use for them. Once you have maxed out your Reputation you can simply earn some free credits with every pack.

Either way I wanted you to know that this thread has been passed on to the team and in the meantime you can get yourself some credits by vendoring those Reputation tokens.

-eric

lol, dont take a dump on my ice cream and tell me its chocolate....

I'm not too far off from legend status myself and managed to max my weekly just from today alone. So, I do support the second suggestion. Especially since I mostly ended up with junk today. Sure I lucked out a few times but come on, this just gets fustrating.

I'd also love it if we could sell everything in the packs to vendors since it would be more profitable than putting the items on the GTN. At least it'd feel like I got something for my money.

Just like to throw in another suggestion: Maybe BW could consider increasing our chances of getting rare items with the more packs we open.

Edited by Dedrayge

Hey DarkWyndre,

I spoke with the folks on the Cartel Market team about this. One thing that some players may not initially realize is that all of the Cartel Market Reputation items can be vendored for credits. I do realize this isn't exactly what you were putting forward as a suggestion, but it is an alternative use for them. Once you have maxed out your Reputation you can simply earn some free credits with every pack.

Either way I wanted you to know that this thread has been passed on to the team and in the meantime you can get yourself some credits by vendoring those Reputation tokens.

-eric

You know this is not the case for the GSI and Makeb rep tokens right? They vendor for 0 credits, Intended?

No, the credits are not free they cost money as the cartel coins do. As such this is currently a WASTE of that money and we want it fixed with more than a "vendor it" response.

Once your rep is maxed, they should give you a random number of Cartel Coins back...

Don't worry you will have another cartel shop reputation to spend all your money very soon.

Don't forget that you can also test content instead of running around the fleet for hours on you cartel speeder.

And no, your skiff will not kill operation's bosses instantly, but you can ask for a /win button in the CS for only 99$.

Edited by Kesphin

Once your rep is maxed, they should give you a random number of Cartel Coins back...

Eeeh no?

If you sell them on the GTN for credits it will still be a decent item to get. Kinda like the "get some credits" item (but with even more credits since some of them sell for up to 400k, and you usually only get a few 10k from the credit item)

Any chance we can get the devs to finally allow us to vendor cartel market items as I have many bound items which should be able to be sold to vendors but because it is a cartel market item I can no longer sell them. I end up having to drop the item. Also, the Cartel speeders would be nice to be able to sell them I have like 20 of the strikers which alledgely have a vendor sale price of 25k yet I cannot vendor them