Rage spec is stronger than it was before 2.0

Faltun

Argue all you want, intimidating roar's effect still breaks on damage.

Force choke does not do decent damage, and the damage is kinetic by the way.

3 rage over 3 second is not worth it, I am limited by the damage that the ability does. You on the other hand can dash out in worst case scenario over 7~8K damage in those 3 seconds (assuming your CC is not longer), mine barely dish out 2K.

Facts:

- While being Force Choked I lose control of my character.

- While under the effect of Intimidating Roar I lose control of my character.

- They both build resolve.

- The hovering in the air part of Force Choke will not happen if resolve is full.

How are those not CC's? Saying Intimidating Roar isn't a CC is like saying Force Lift or Flash Grenade aren't CC's. CC means Crowd Control anything you do that causes a player to lsoe control of their character is a form of CC. This includes knockdowns, knockbacks, pulls, stuns and mezzs.

Why you think mezzs don't count as CC is beyond me.

Facts:

- While being Force Choked I lose control of my character.

- While under the effect of Intimidating Roar I lose control of my character.

- They both build resolve.

- The hovering in the air part of Force Choke will not happen if resolve is full.

How are those not CC's? Saying Intimidating Roar isn't a CC is like saying Force Lift or Flash Grenade aren't CC's. CC means Crowd Control anything you do that causes a player to lsoe control of their character is a form of CC. This includes knockdowns, knockbacks, pulls, stuns and mezzs.

Why you think mezzs don't count as CC is beyond me.

Because I can't shut you down and still keep beating you down. All other cc's in the game can put you out of control and still beat you down to oblivion. While I am channeling my force choke, I am standing like an idiot waiting for it to be over, yes it is doing damage but at best the damage is useless.

Intimidating roar will not allow me to beat you down, same as force lift, same as all mezz.

Edited by znihilist

Because I can't shut you down and still keep beating you down. All other cc's in the game can put you out of control and still beat you down to oblivion. While I am channeling my force choke, I am standing like an idiot waiting for it to be over, yes it is doing damage but at best the damage is useless.

Intimidating roar will allow me to beat you down, same as force lift, same as all mezz.

Let it go dude.

Choke and awe are CCs.

Intimidating roar will allow me to beat you down, same as force lift, same as all mezz.

Reason for channeled Force Choke:

Leap > Force Choke where you can move > Gore > Ravage > Scream > Dead

If Knights/Warriors had a normal stun people would be eating full Ravages/Master Strikes all the time. The thing that keeps those abilities from being complained about is you can get away from them. It's already immune to interrupts so if you could stun your target and then use it it would destroy them.

Mezzs are CC. Just because you can't smash all your buttons and kill people with out them fighting back doesn't mean they aren't CC's. It means you are probably one of those scrubs that breaks CC's and allows caps to be interrupted because you HAD to kill this guy.

Reason for channeled Force Choke:

Leap > Force Choke where you can move > Gore > Ravage > Scream > Dead

If Knights/Warriors had a normal stun people would be eating full Ravages/Master Strikes all the time. The thing that keeps those abilities from being complained about is you can get away from them. It's already immune to interrupts so if you could stun your target and then use it it would destroy them.

That is exactly my point, Warrior don't have the same utility of stun as other classes do. Anyway I never said I wanted that same function of my stun. And I do agree it will be extremely OP if they did. But my point is, as long we don't have that sort of stun utility any attempt do nerf us would be the death of that class.

Mezzs are CC. Just because you can't smash all your buttons and kill people with out them fighting back doesn't mean they aren't CC's. It means you are probably one of those scrubs that breaks CC's and allows caps to be interrupted because you HAD to kill this guy.

I have to apologize here, I realized now (looking back at my posts) that I didn't say what I wanted to say. I agree yes they are CC's but what I meant is that we don't have a "Real" stun. That's why I said Roar was not a "CC".

Intimidating roar will not allow me to beat you down, same as force lift, same as all mezz.

El oh el :rolleyes:

Only bads have a hard time with Rage spec.

Smash is needed, now more than ever, to combat teams holed up in the bunker in Novare Coast, teams pillar hugging the near pillar in Voidstar, and teams holding the huttball behind the side dumpster at the end of the game.

Strong n' effective Point Blank Area of Effect damage (PBAOE) is important in MMOs, and in SWTOR.

indeed but its too strong AOE AUTO CRIT and THE BIGGEST SINGLE HIT it has one of the biggest burst operatives and assassins have the same burst if they crit but need luck for crit if they dont crit they re usless and they dont have defense like juggers.

Four sentences?

Awesome.

Made my eyeballs hurt, and I can't really agree with any of it.

I rarely land a big smash against multiple people unless they are scrubs. When people see a Jug leap in they scatter, hit defensives, and generally prepare for the Smash..which is exactly how to counter the big hit.

If you stand still in AOEs you die no matter what classes throw them in. The AOE range for smash is very small. Move. Mine miss ALL THE TIME. People avoid them ALL THE TIME.

It is one of the few abilities you can physically..yourself..avoid.

I am full partisan, 1 conq MH, full epic augments, and i been smashed for 13k! That could potentially hit other players in bottle neck area's in wz's. So yeah 13k will make me a bit salty out of a 30k health pool, followed by a hard hitting force scream. I do not mind people doing 13k hits on single target abilities, but an AOE should not be hitting that hard! It is also very easily placed and compared to orbital strike it does not even do half the dmg of that smash and is so easy to avoid.

smash jug's and marauders have so many defensive cooldowns so it is really hard to kill them. Also smash marauders have way too many zoning capabilities so it is impossible to get away from them! double saber throw and force crush for slows for movement control and force charge and obliterate roots to initiate then you have force camo if you need to get even closer to a target.

A pattern i noticed when i am solo queuing is that whoever has the most smash warriors on the team has auto win for that warzone and i am literally just sick of playing the RNG game. I am tired of all these bad players that play smash who think they are good because they can bind smash to every button on the keyboard and face roll.

Edited by Hieroglyphics

Vigilance is a great spec for single target damage, better than combat imo. Focus/rage on the other hand flows much better in case of dual-wielders who are also MUCH more durable than rage juggs which I think makes them more dangerous at least in a pug.

I am full partisan, 1 conq MH, full epic augments, and i been smashed for 13k! That could potentially hit other players in bottle neck area's in wz's. So yeah 13k will make me a bit salty out of a 30k health pool, followed by a hard hitting force scream. I do not mind people doing 13k hits on single target abilities, but an AOE should not be hitting that hard! It is also very easily placed and compared to orbital strike it does not even do half the dmg of that smash and is so easy to avoid.

smash jug's and marauders have so many defensive cooldowns so it is really hard to kill them. Also smash marauders have way too many zoning capabilities so it is impossible to get away from them! double saber throw and force crush for slows for movement control and force charge and obliterate roots to initiate then you have force camo if you need to get even closer to a target.

A pattern i noticed when i am solo queuing is that whoever has the most smash warriors on the team has auto win for that warzone and i am literally just sick of playing the RNG game. I am tired of all these bad players that play smash who think they are good because they can bind smash to every button on the keyboard and face roll.

agreed

Made my eyeballs hurt, and I can't really agree with any of it.

I rarely land a big smash against multiple people unless they are scrubs. When people see a Jug leap in they scatter, hit defensives, and generally prepare for the Smash..which is exactly how to counter the big hit.

If you stand still in AOEs you die no matter what classes throw them in. The AOE range for smash is very small. Move. Mine miss ALL THE TIME. People avoid them ALL THE TIME.

It is one of the few abilities you can physically..yourself..avoid.

man cant move force crush chilling scream force charge dosent let me move. you re a warrior you can hit defensives but defense abilities have cds (1-3) mins and not every class has useful one.

you dont even know your own spec and you dont know anything about other classes, how fuc* you miss all the time, you must be a noob and 5meters isnt very small.

Smash is needed, now more than ever, to combat teams holed up in the bunker in Novare Coast, teams pillar hugging the near pillar in Voidstar, and teams holding the huttball behind the side dumpster at the end of the game.

Strong n' effective Point Blank Area of Effect damage (PBAOE) is important in MMOs, and in SWTOR.

^

Truth

Edited by Caeliux

I rarely ever see this happen in regs.