Capturing objectives in cover.

PAMuttoni

Planting bombs while in cover, opening bridges, capturing Alderaan Turrets, capturing Ancient Hypergates Pylons....

If we can do it in cover, why can't we do it while we are stealth?

It's funny to see knights/warriors trying to stop the cap...

But seriously, this shouldn't be allowed.

I just don't think cover should stop leaps and pulls at all, that's why you get 2 knockbacks. Entrench should stop leaps, but Cover should just prevent pushback and interrupts in my opinion. Edited by Monterone

I just don't think cover should stop leaps and pulls at all, that's why you get 2 knockbacks. Entrench should stop leaps, but Cover should just prevent pushback and interrupts in my opinion.

Sure. Of course, to make sure there's a point to ranged DPS, would have to make major changes to knights / warriors as well. For example, leaps shouldn't root (except perhaps in one or two trees - the root in Carnage on master strike could be converted to a root on leap, for example), shouldn't generate rage/focus, and should be on 1-minute cooldowns. The 5-second root on the ranged DPS' knockback should be changed to not break on damage.

(That's how balance works. It's cute that you don't want warriors and knights to have a counter or any disadvantages, but you have to suck it up like the rest of us.)

Edited by stringcat

Planting bombs while in cover, opening bridges, capturing Alderaan Turrets, capturing Ancient Hypergates Pylons....

Im fine with cover... But OPs squat-"cover" is just wrong. I mean no shields, no defence, nothing :confused: and OP just stands with invisible squat-"cover"! :eek::rak_02:

Cover should always give ranged defense.

Cover should only stop leaps and pulls when entrenched.

I don't think you get the class concept. Snipers aren't supposed to counter other RDPS (in fact, cover is most effective against other snipers, meh against mercs, and ineffective against sorcs). Other RDPS have a relatively easy time LOSing snipers. Snipers ARE supposed to be a turret-type, relatively immobile class that counters melee DPS and fulfill "area denial" role. If knights and warriors can jump to them, and assassins and pts can pull them wherever, that kinda goes up a creek. They'd be worse than 1.7 mercs.

If you let warriors/knights leap to snipers in cover, or be pulled, you would need to significantly buff sniper defenses to compensate, so that they can still hold their position rather than be a kiting RDPS class like sorcs or a semi-kiting class like mercs. At the very least, the knockback would have to be on a 15 second cooldown, knockback further and /or have a hard 5-second root, so that snipers spend the same amount of time at range vs. melee DPS as they currently do. ( It seems more annoying to me to be kept at range actively rather than passively, but eh. *shrug*)

Target Acquired should probably also provide significantly higher accuracy to fully counter Saber Ward in such a scenario, and there should be consideration to significantly nerfing obfuscate and removing the root-removal talent to Force Camo from Carnage, as well.

Edited by stringcat

I just don't think cover should stop leaps and pulls at all, that's why you get 2 knockbacks. Entrench should stop leaps, but Cover should just prevent pushback and interrupts in my opinion.

Yeah, dream on. Warriors will be able to leap to snipers when SWTOR 9.0 will be released.

People do cap while in stealth or at least not visible on screen neither in person nor the give away beam, or rather did I should say. Not sure how they did it because I never mangaged to duplicate it myself so I am sure it was a loop hole they exploited somehow. I hve not seen it happen in 2.0 yet though. Of course, I think doing all this you say while in cover is also just stupid and it should be changed. Unfortunately, they have a lot of work ahead of them to fix 2.0 pvp and balance it properly for all classes' trees, so I don't expect a balanced pvp system seeing the light of day any time soon.

People do cap while in stealth or at least not visible on screen neither in person nor the give away beam, or rather did I should say. Not sure how they did it because I never mangaged to duplicate it myself so I am sure it was a loop hole they exploited somehow. I hve not seen it happen in 2.0 yet though. Of course, I think doing all this you say while in cover is also just stupid and it should be changed. Unfortunately, they have a lot of work ahead of them to fix 2.0 pvp and balance it properly for all classes' trees, so I don't expect a balanced pvp system seeing the light of day any time soon.

This is a known bug/exploit/whatever in Voidstar, and I have witnessed it dozens of times (once or twice in 2.0 as well). I guess it's about positioning yourself in a certain manner before planting. The problem is, you yourself can't see that you are "invisible", and neither can your team mates, as far as i know. The situation is probably very hard, if impossible to replicate on purpose, and yet it happens, and some people most certainly do it by accident.

i agree for the cap in cover issue, i don't for the leap on snipers(that's their role and once you close the gap it's not so bad, then they are often forced to move because of aoe objective..)

clicking stealth to cap is a minor issue, but an auto-switch would be great(like in pve clickables)

It's funny to see knights/warriors trying to stop the cap....

What's even funnier is when you stealthers get caught after you CD and cant disappear into thin air anymore and have to feel the full wrath of my sabers. I like watching you guys try to run away before you drop.

Edited by skincarver

What's even funnier is when you stealthers get caught after you CD and cant disappear into thin air anymore and have to feel the full wrath of my sabers. I like watching you guys try to run away before you drop.

:D nice nice, i am always thirsty for stealther kills :)

As a warrior, I'd like to register how completely dumb it would be if I could leap to snipers at will. I don't want that. I'm not even sure 3m cooldown grenade to break out of cover --> leap is balanced.

Yea, god forbid snipers have to worry about something actually being able to kill them. :rolleyes:

Yea, god forbid snipers have to worry about something actually being able to kill them. :rolleyes:

Snipers die all the time. "This thing frustrates me" is not the same as "this thing prevents them from dying ever". Not even sure why I'm replying to this obvious troll.

Most of you are missing the point here.

Don't let agents/smugglers plant bomb or capture objectives while they are in cover.

I don't want to, i repeat, I DON'T WANT to allow knights/warriors to be able to leap to agents/smugglers.

The twin saber throw is useless compared to other melee classes, since it's on a 20 sec cooldown. Rapid shots doesn't need a Cooldown.

Oh please, listen to what you are saying... If melee gets a jump on us snipers we are toast, at least in cover we have a chance.

I'm also fine with snipers capping in cover.

I'm not fine with operatives having drop-to-knee cover at all, but that's a different story.

You Scared we ask you to marry us hehe as for warriors leaping to snipers nah don't need one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.