Shadows/assassins need a rebalance

ripamorame

I'm proud of shadows for at last coming out of their tank/hybrid shells and goin' straight up bruiser again. Good on you!

I do envy them tho, I sure wish my Hidden Strike or Backstab could hit twice as hard and have no cooldowns. With far better energy regeneration. Oooh, let's make a petition for THAT!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think they are so overpowered, then how come no teams want to use them in ranked warzones?

The answers:

1. They are too easy to kill.

2. They are too easy to peel.

3. Smash marauders are better.

4. Assassin tanks are better node guards.

This pretty much sums it up. My infiltration shadow is great fun against less experienced players and in 1v1 fights.

In a competitive fight, it is simply outshined by other classes.

1) Group combat DPS are good, but not exceptional. We kill healers if left alone, which is why we are not left alone and instead, focused early.

2) Node stealing is great, but a good defender will die slowly enough to get help. It's only the bads who implode in 3 GCD's.

For these reasons, when I feel like goofing around, I play my shadow. When I want to play seriously, I run my seer sage.

The only time I hit someone with anything over 6k is when my opponent lacks proper pvp gear. Typically get 5500 crits on average in partisan and 3 conquer pieces with adv overkill augments. Marauders seem to have more burst honestly. Well, sustained. My initial attack might be devastating but most people know my counters. Its not a tough learning curve.

• 4 months later...
Yes me saying one of my classes is grossly OP compared to the other stealther means I am an @$@hole. You and others defending what is clearly OP (and everyone knows it), means you are gentlemen and scholars.

If this doesn't get addressed soon, know what you get? Nerfed to the ground like my scoundrel did at release. Don't say I didn't warn you though...

The funny thing?A This is going to be a much larger problem. There is already a VERY high population of sin/shadows. There were very few scoundrel/ops when they were nerfed.

I bet you used to play wow, and I bet you were on their forums too about Druids, Warlocks, Paladins, Rogues...

And on, and on, and on...

EDIT:

DOH, necroposting FTW...

Edited by fdillard

Yup, nerf Shadows. Some more.

RIP Shadow/Assassin class. Everyone go play an Operative or a Smasher.

excuse me but what? granted the O-P is a bit but hurt but he is also a bit right, i nearly have my sin up to 55 and already it does tripple the damage with twice the utility/CC, 3 9k mauls aided by the spike, low slash, stun and shroud and an execute, i don't even use my voltaic slash/shock and why would i? just maul/execute. and this a class that gets it's pick of the targets IE who is off CDs who is taking damage already etc. at level 36 i felt stronger than my 55 Op and feel free to hit my youtube link to see what i do with that alt.

want to match Ops to assassins, add the damage from hidden strike to back stab, remove the cool down from back stab and give the Op viscous throw with the vibro knife. and sins still have the advantage of low slash/recklessness but no their burst is 3 5k if lucky stabs and then a feeble follow up that doesn't even apply it's CC to players. and one smash is a problem for nobody but like assassins they come in hoards and smash you at once, if only trashassins had the basic intelligence to apply that simply logic to killing healers instead of leaving their team for dead at central objectives and failing to ninja cap/hold the far objectives and thinking the double sabre automatically makes them hot ****.

A stealth class capable of 9k Crits, back to back to back is absolutely crazy. Now reading the patch notes on INCREASING their burst damage.....The developers must be smokign crack to think this is "balanced" .Anyone defending assassins/shadows are just trying to avoid the nerf bat. Fix this broken class now or continue to watch the playerbase leave this game.

A stealth class capable of 9k Crits, back to back to back is absolutely crazy. Now reading the patch notes on INCREASING their burst damage.....The developers must be smokign crack to think this is "balanced" .Anyone defending assassins/shadows are just trying to avoid the nerf bat. Fix this broken class now or continue to watch the playerbase leave this game.

There is literally no way to get 9k back to back to back crits, and though you might get two 9k crits in FOUR globals with a 6-7k shock thrown in there, the spike/low slash will do **** damage, give the healer time to do something, and the odds of critting two mauls AND getting your actual duplicity on the first shock are astronomically low. Getting THREE 9k crits in a row as I said is impossible for sins (as is getting two, but hey why stop at reality).

TLDR: not even close to a realistic assessment of sin dps.

Edited by JP_Legatus

^ this.

Dont mention what these 9-10k shadow strike is instant attack + 6-7 k from force breath + 8-9k from finisher.

The class has been fine, but why Bioware buffed its burst damage instead of buffing the sustained damage. Nobody likes to be hit from behind with such high burst dmg. That's why they trashed the scrapper/concealment and nerfed crit in the first place.

Just wait rating scoreboard baby. Then prepare yourself to hard nerf. :o

will not happen as they do not shine in group settings aka arenas as a dd as maros, sniper, powertechs(past 2.4) mercs or even sorcs.

they are probably the strongest 1vs1 class, but all their advantages are negated in a 4vs4 with competent teams on each side.

The class has been fine, but why Bioware buffed its burst damage instead of buffing the sustained damage. Nobody likes to be hit from behind with such high burst dmg. That's why they trashed the scrapper/concealment and nerfed crit in the first place.

My thoughts exactly.

Although, keep in mind, that Maul/SS damage has only been SLIGHTLY increased, it's definitely not a move in the right direction tho. Buff crit slightly, you'll not see an increase in total max damage dealt in a few seconds (aka burst) which is on what everyone is hatin'. Buffing Discharge/Force Break crit chance would be sound, oustide Rekclessness we work our asses of to build 3 stack, only to see the damn thing not crit and do 2.5k.

But imo, even if the buff is small, it's not really justified (Deception is fine), if they wanted a pve buffs for Sins they should've made Madness fun and rewarding to pay, not just add some derpy non-cleansing mechanic, which is just another nerf to the few Sorc heals out there, they were the only ones able to purge Madness dots.

There is literally no way to get 9k back to back to back crits, and though you might get two 9k crits in FOUR globals with a 6-7k shock thrown in there, the spike/low slash will do **** damage, give the healer time to do something, and the odds of critting two mauls AND getting your actual duplicity on the first shock are astronomically low. Getting THREE 9k crits in a row as I said is impossible for sins (as is getting two, but hey why stop at reality).

TLDR: not even close to a realistic assessment of sin dps.

STOP LIEING. We all know sins are capable of massive openers. 9k+9k+9k isnt uncommon at all. How on earth is this "balanced"???? With the stunlock capability of this stealth class, nothing lives. I cant beleive people like you can come on here and pretend like this isnt a problem. ANYONE defending this is just not wanting their main class nerfd.

Btw, Why do you think fleet is filled with sins? Just like Sorcs back before 1.2....they will ALL re-roll the second Bioware takes away their cookie

Edited by Fozy

STOP LIEING. We all know sins are capable of massive openers. 9k+9k+9k isnt uncommon at all. How on earth is this "balanced"????

Through reading through these forums I get the impression that the probleblem comes with the quiestion of "and what after that [opener] ?"

THAT seems to be their problem, not the openers themselves.

But - this cannot be seen through metrics, I fear, because there would have to be a time table to show the damage of each class in intervals of seconds, or even fractions of seconds.

After this burst, the problem seems to be, there is a big hole of "nothing", at least that's the impression I got through reading here.

I have an Shadow u20 (don't remember his exact level right now), so I can't contribute much - all I know is from filtering / combing through these forums ... (Pun intended :D )

If you are getting hit by 9-10k openers stop sucking and rerrol out of sorc class.

That implies that no-one should play Sages/Sorcerors anymore ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

8k maul vs 11k AoE Smash..

HMM...

Also most Shadowns/Assasins who hit for 8k mauls are squishy.

11K smash? The highest possible against light armor in full expertise is medium 9K. Maul and smash deal around the same damage right now.

Sins did not ask for additional burst, what was asked for is improvement in sustained damage. If you can't get out of combat often, as say in arenas, the damage drops significantly. This is what needed to be resolved, not burst...

STOP LIEING. We all know sins are capable of massive openers. 9k+9k+9k isnt uncommon at all. How on earth is this "balanced"???? With the stunlock capability of this stealth class, nothing lives. I cant beleive people like you can come on here and pretend like this isnt a problem. ANYONE defending this is just not wanting their main class nerfd.

Btw, Why do you think fleet is filled with sins? Just like Sorcs back before 1.2....they will ALL re-roll the second Bioware takes away their cookie

3/10 obvious troll is obvious

Still funny tho :D

Edited by JP_Legatus

11K smash? The highest possible against light armor in full expertise is medium 9K. Maul and smash deal around the same damage right now.

Sins did not ask for additional burst, what was asked for is improvement in sustained damage. If you can't get out of combat often, as say in arenas, the damage drops significantly. This is what needed to be resolved, not burst...

Except smash is AoE autocrit with a low CD. Maul is single target costs 50% of your force unless you get lucky with infiltration tactics. I love it when bad sins stun and double maul me (when I have full health btw not when I am almost dead). Afterwards they scramble to find an attack while I just pound on them with clairvoyant strike, project, force penetration and maul when I see infiltration tactics (although I must be honest I do sometimes maul when it is not there, that's why I'm still in training).

Except smash is AoE autocrit with a low CD. Maul is single target costs 50% of your force unless you get lucky with infiltration tactics. I love it when bad sins stun and double maul me (when I have full health btw not when I am almost dead). Afterwards they scramble to find an attack while I just pound on them with clairvoyant strike, project, force penetration and maul when I see infiltration tactics (although I must be honest I do sometimes maul when it is not there, that's why I'm still in training).

Double maul should simply not be possible... adding a cooldown to it would go a long way to reduce the amount of frustration there is when the worst possible assassin ever double maul you and waste all his energy then proceed to a third maul due to energy regen from blackout or w/e the name and the tactic reduction to the first maul.

It's completely dumb and retarded to do that but it still does crazy amount of damage.

Adding a cooldown to maul will hurt terrible assassins but do nothing against good assassins.

Double maul should simply not be possible... adding a cooldown to it would go a long way to reduce the amount of frustration there is when the worst possible assassin ever double maul you and waste all his energy then proceed to a third maul due to energy regen from blackout or w/e the name and the tactic reduction to the first maul.

It's completely dumb and retarded to do that but it still does crazy amount of damage.

Adding a cooldown to maul will hurt terrible assassins but do nothing against good assassins.

Yeah the good ones only maul with duplicity. Make help make bad assassins not so bad since the class is ripe with crappy deception players who don't even know what a taunt is let alone how to manage force by spamming a certain ability.