Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Thankyou Bioware, the guild launch program broke our community.

Scan

We have had a community of players that have played mmo's for over seven years. We have always leveled up and enjoyed endgame as a team and as a social group over too many games to mention.

We nearly all pre-ordered with many purchasing the CE editions. On reading about your Guild launch program we all decided to utilize this and save ourselves alot of hassle trying to second guess a server to all join. For months we we waited and got organised.

The day before the game went live for early access we all got the e-mail, your server is "THE TOMB OF FREEDON NADD"

Preperations were made, days booked off work and we all got onto the server no problem. However some of us did not get the pre-order and waited for the official launch day.

Now the TOMB OF FREEDON NADD has wait times at peak usage of 4-5 hours. (This very moment I am in a queue of 881 at 9am on a working day!)

This means that players who are joining us now have to choose between empty servers OR a huge wait and not play at all. Consequently some of our best players have decided to roll on these empty servers and join other commtunities. This has ultimately broken or guild and now we have a fractured and slowly dying guild.

So thankyou bioware for not only placing us on this nightmare server but not offering ANY way of moving to a low pop server with out giving up the commitment we have made to you and ourselves by using the service you provided to make things easier.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SERVER QUEUES BUT ABOUT THE GUILD LAUNCH PROGRAM AND HOW IT HAS BROKEN OUR GUILD THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN.

If this gets deleted (as Im thinking it will) then what do I post to try to get the support of other guilds in the same position, we were placed on servers that have insane population with no way of getting off it without losing the commitment already made using the GL program?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its only going to die if you let it.

If the community was what you "say" it is, you guys would reroll on the non populated server to join up with eachother.

This could have happened to anyone regardless of your chosen server.. you would have rolled on any number of early access servers and could have experienced the exact same thing.

There are queues for my server, I don't think I've waited for more the 10-15 minutes in line, and usually use that time to take care of stuff I would normally let slip by.

Roll on the server rejoin your friends... Or stay on your server actively recruit, stop pretending its the end of the world... because if these people mattered to you "that much" a 5 day head start toon that could probably be 50 by now, doesn't seem like much "time invested for you to say goodbye to long term gaming friendships"

Your guild will only die if you let it, and complaining about this on the forums when you can do "everything" to fix it, isn't getting you started in the right direction.

Edit: and if queue times did become unbearable I'm sure all of us would reroll to go to a lighter server.

Edited by Shammus

Through no fault of your own? Everyone had a choice to make; wait or go their own way, and hopefully they'll migrate back once servers have settled down a bit. If not, perhaps they weren't as committed to your 'community' as you'd like to think.

While I understand that the loss of long-time friends is tough, I would just like to suggest that Bioware is not responsible for the choices made by members of your gaming community.

I respectfully assert that your impression that your group has been wronged by another party in this instance is incorrect.

Circumstances happened. People made choices. Some in your group didn't like those choices. Such is life.

I ditto all these responses...

We're in a similar situation, but... interestingly enough... we're all still on the same server! We come in with comments of "Ah, 45 mins in the queue again!" ... BUT... no one has truly complained!

As for the pre-guild thing... If it's SUCH a big deal to your community to be together - why not all re-roll on a new server, and pool some cash to create your guild on the new server? You DO realise that you can make a guild in-game, don't you? It costs 5000 credits, which you HAVE by the time you're level 10 and moving onto the second planet, which... GUESS WHAT... is where you can create your guild!! NO BIG DEAL!!

Both Bioware and your guild are at fault.

But Bioware did a huge early access program so there should have been no problems like massive queues. Bioware knew how many preorders they had, so they had to open more servers from the get go.

Now it's simply too late, unless they do free character transfers ASAP.

The fanbois above aside, I do take the point that we could all move, however as pointed out in the OP it means giving up the reserved names we have, the reserved guild name, we have many over lvl 35 players that took time off work to get ahead of the masses.

It also falls on the GM and officers to make that call, we have a split in the community that was placed on the server, half of us want to stick it out as the server is a high quality one, we have our allies (RL friends guilds) and our NEMESIS guilds (actual old skool rival guilds) all set up, using this program.

SO IT IS NOT JUST OUR GUILD THAT HAS TO MOVE and LOSE!

The fanbois above will and have defended a position that is untenable, the placement on this server was out of our control the organisation and loss to the community to move is huge, we are actually being punished for USING THE TOOL BIOWARE IMPLEMENTED TO MAKE THINGS EASIER!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SERVER QUEUES BUT ABOUT THE GUILD LAUNCH PROGRAM AND HOW IT HAS BROKEN OUR GUILD THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN.

It is TOTALLY your own fault.

Yes, the situation sucks but there was nothing stopping you ALL re-rolling on a new server, God knows you've only been playing a maximum of ONE WEEK so the progress you've made is just as quickly re-gained.

The fact some of you chose to be stubborn and not do this is why your guild collapsed.

We had a few leave our guild and re roll on other servers, were still going strong and planning on beefing up recruitment so not to worry, just annoying that guilds are hurting because of another bioware screw up.

Add the constant lag and client issues people are having and then the queue's, people just rage quit, switch servers or just stop playing all together.

They really screwed this up on all accounts not just the guild launch program. Which is a shame coz I really like the game. :mad:

It is TOTALLY your own fault.

Yes, the situation sucks but there was nothing stopping you ALL re-rolling on a new server, God knows you've only been playing a maximum of ONE WEEK so the progress you've made is just as quickly re-gained.

The fact some of you chose to be stubborn and not do this is why your guild collapsed.

We have ALLY guilds (RL friends, who want to stick it out) and NEMESIS guilds (rival guilds that have played against us for years) so it is not just us that has to move, the community is being put under alot of stress through no fault of our own.

It is not just the loss of reserved names and guild monikers but the fact we used the system put in place to make things easier for everyone.

We have had a community of players that have played mmo's for over seven years. We have always leveled up and enjoyed endgame as a team and as a social group over too many games to mention.

We nearly all pre-ordered with many purchasing the CE editions. On reading about your Guild launch program we all decided to utilize this and save ourselves alot of hassle trying to second guess a server to all join. For months we we waited and got organised.

The day before the game went live for early access we all got the e-mail, your server is "THE TOMB OF FREEDON NADD"

Preperations were made, days booked off work and we all got onto the server no problem. However some of us did not get the pre-order and waited for the official launch day.

Now the TOMB OF FREEDON NADD has wait times at peak usage of 4-5 hours. (This very moment I am in a queue of 881 at 9am on a working day!)

This means that players who are joining us now have to choose between empty servers OR a huge wait and not play at all. Consequently some of our best players have decided to roll on these empty servers and join other commtunities. This has ultimately broken or guild and now we have a fractured and slowly dying guild.

So thankyou bioware for not only placing us on this nightmare server but not offering ANY way of moving to a low pop server with out giving up the commitment we have made to you and ourselves by using the service you provided to make things easier.

If this gets deleted (as Im thinking it will) then what do I post to try to get the support of other guilds in the same position, we were placed on servers that have insane population with no way of getting off it without losing the commitment already made using the GL program?

*** are you talking about. You planned for months a whole community around a server that probably couldn't hold half of it. Then some people from your community went and made a big ToFN is the unofficial "pro" EU server on PvP forum.

But it is clearly not your fault....ok.

This is everyones fault, but mostly BioWare and EA's fault.

Everyone and his mother are anti-idling on TOFN, and due to this there are queues early in the morning when the server really only should be half full. Check your guild, how many are online and how many of those are spinning around inside some instance to stay online?

It is BioWare's and EA's fault because they let people use very simple methods to stay online. And why dont they kick people out after being online for 12 hours with 1 hours warning before it? They just sit there and watch their own community die and become upset. This is the worst launch I've seen in many years, and the worst being they dont do anything to correct it, they could easily open up server transfers. But you know what, they probably never made any tools to transfer characters and guilds from one server to another.

The same scenario will still happen even without the guild launch program. But sure blame BW for not giving you and your "community" your own private server. :rolleyes:

No It would be ok if it was a big hush hush thing. But people talk...and even more they make threads on a PvP forum (infested by the most self entitled of the self entitled people you can find) that ToFN would be the unofficial EU PvP server for pros. Yea...that clearly worked.

*** are you talking about. You planned for months a whole community around a server that probably couldn't hold half of it. Then some people from your community went and made a big ToFN is the unofficial "pro" EU server on PvP forum.

Omg, you fanbois do not even READ what you are rubbishing...

So here in gold and CAPS for you.

WE WERE PLACED ON THE SERVER BY THE guild launch program, along with our sister ally/nemesis guilds, it is not not just the individual that has to reroll but whole communities with players in there that dont want to move becuase of reserved names etc.

How is this OUR fault?

A simple solution is to offer the GUILD LAUNCH players a one off server transfer. Can ANY~ONE give me a good reason why they have not offered this?

Its your fault for not wanting to move to a low population server. Obviously your "community" within your guild isn't very strong if you aren't willing to reroll to preserve it. Its not Bioware's fault that you got put on a server that just so happens to be a very popular one. Blame the players for wanting to get into the server, not them. And you can blame yourself too.

It is also hard to respect a person and take them seriously when they can't !@#$ing spell "Fanboy" or know what it actually means.

I don't see why they just dont merge low population servers into the larger servers... would equal great player base + greater community...

I guess they dont want to force guilds into other servers as it breaks the ally/nemesis set up they implemented at launch so communities could compete and play together.

However this does not explain why they dont give the power to move server to the players themselves. If they offered GL program players a ONE OFF server transfer we would all move today to a low pop server.

Im raking my brain trying to think of a reason why NOT..!

LOL I remember we did this before WoW launch with Archimonde. Boy was that a mistake. Biggest queues ever.

Dude. If this is so important to you reroll. Seriously it's a day after launch you won't be behind.

SERIOUSLY?!!?!?!?

Oh for goodness sake im looking for support in all the wrong places, DID YOU JUST READ THE TITLE or are you trolling?

We have sister guilds PLACED on the server by the guild launch program, we did not CHOOSE this server!! We have splits in many guild on whether to move or stay the logistics of moving are immense and breaking up the community.

This is not our fault we used the TOOL PROVIDED to make things easier.

The guild launch program!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.