Is it just me or is Sentinel..

Caeliux

A big heaping mess atm...:sul_frown:

I will toot my own horn and say I post great damage with all 3 trees, but other than that I go down faster than a fat man chasing a donut down a hill. :(

I know its not a l2p issue, so please don't even bother with that nonsense! :mad:

Combat tree feels ugly at the moment. :jawa_frown:

Focus is amazing and is the only tree worth going if you want damage, but I AM BORED OF SMASH BUILD, ITS NOT FUN!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :sul_evil::sul_evil::sul_evil::sul_evil::sul_evil:

Fix Watchman Bioware for the love of god, its the only tree fun! :rak_02:

Until then I may shelf it and go sage where the real fun is. :t_tongue::w_cool::tran_cool:

/fin

/end rant

:p

Edited by Caeliux

I miss the days of watchman being beast also.. Though one suggestion if you feel like rerolling an alt is to try out vigilance/veageance guardian/jug it is very fun if you liked playing watchman you will enjoy that spec and these days is more viable in pvp but with a very similar feel. Also you will really love the cc immunity after leap since u know how much sents get cced! Edited by AngusFTW

One of my first 50's was a mara, and I LOVED anni spec. It was/is so much fun to play, but sadly DOTs get clensed too easily. I havent played a sent/mara since 2.0, but I have seen some very good combat/carnage numbers in WZs. The middle tree looks very healthy ATM

every class gets globaled now so it not just sents. smash is still one of if not the best dps class/spec in the game. agree that combat/carnage feels very weak in the 2.0 pvp environment. annihilation has never been good. not even when everyone ran it and thought it was. the way that spec works, itd be a fine line between underpowered and overpowered and knowing bioware, a buff to annihilation would wind up being a disaster for every class in the game besides marauders.

i dont know why so many people think smash is boring. all carnage and anni are, are force leaping in and running through a short easy rotation over and over. smash you have to manage two stacks, making the optimal decision every gcd based on stack size and cds, and find optimal locations/opponents to smash...all while dealing with priority targets, peels, objectives, etc.

to me smash is much more entertaining and engaging to play than mashing through a 5 ability rotation over and over throughout a warzone, all while being infinitely stunned.

A big heaping mess atm...:sul_frown:

I will toot my own horn and say I post great damage with all 3 trees, but other than that I go down faster than a fat man chasing a donut down a hill. :(

I know its not a l2p issue, so please don't even bother with that nonsense! :mad:

Combat tree feels ugly at the moment. :jawa_frown:

Focus is amazing and is the only tree worth going if you want damage, but I AM BORED OF SMASH BUILD, ITS NOT FUN!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :sul_evil::sul_evil::sul_evil::sul_evil::sul_evil:

Fix Watchman Bioware for the love of god, its the only tree fun! :rak_02:

Until then I may shelf it and go sage where the real fun is. :t_tongue::w_cool::tran_cool:

/fin

/end rant

:p

I actually like the new rage a lot, and I didn't like it much before. Not that it was bad or anything, but the new forcescream talent rocks.

I like annihilation a lot also (played it at release, probably like you), but it has some problems. Would like to see it changed up a bit, but to be honest I don't find one spec harder to play then the other at all.

As far as boring? I find my sniper the most boring character I have by far. Sitting in one place makes me go nuts.

I actually like the new rage a lot, and I didn't like it much before. Not that it was bad or anything, but the new forcescream talent rocks.

I agree on it being more than a one trick pony far as what they implemented.

I like annihilation a lot also (played it at release, probably like you), but it has some problems. Would like to see it changed up a bit, but to be honest I don't find one spec harder to play then the other at all.

God I love Watchman, and am very passionate about telling Bioware to make it more relevant in PVP. The burst seems off but the dots seems ok which is backwards to me. I mean once I put my dots up the bleeds are great, but anything after it don't match and seems more time consuming in the amount of time to burn someone down.

Suggestion maybe for the class would be making Merciless Slash and root or making it crit if lets say Juyo Form has some stacks, kinda like what focus has and combat tree has.

I mean no brainier, add burst to Watchman!

As far as boring? I find my sniper the most boring character I have by far. Sitting in one place makes me go nuts.

Lol, that sounds like a ADD problem. :D

Edited by Caeliux

I agree on it being more than a one trick pony far as what they implemented.

God I love Watchman, and am very passionate about telling Bioware to make it more relevant in PVP. The burst seems off but the dots seems ok which is backwards to me. I mean once I put my dots up the bleeds are great, but anything after it don't match and seems more time consuming in the amount of time to burn someone down.

Suggestion maybe for the class would be making Merciless Slash and root or making it crit if lets say Juyo Form has some stacks, kinda like what focus has and combat tree has.

I mean no brainier, add burst to Watchman!

Lol, that sounds like a ADD problem. :D

Yeah I remember the JT videos (funnies thing ever if you have never watched them), and that is basically how it was. Mine was Wooderson (republic) on fatman, when I came back most friends went empire.

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUGAQ-phbw&list=PL5YPSvnPue8e9Ydi6aGIqHmOUnMbDs-HF&index=2

Think the second one was where he "profiled" who played other classes. Guy is hilarious.

I'm actually like annihilation a lot now for PvP. I usually top the charts by a couple hundred thousand and the changes to annihilate give me enough burst to actually finish off healers. I haven't been able to give the new carnage a good try though since The Harbinger has been lagging to **** lately in the evening.

L2P :p

Combat is alot of fun bud. You just have to kind of get out of the mind set of trying to set up gore windows after the first one. Think more along the lines of stuffing as much burst as possible into your free gores. You get a free 4-7k hit when gore resets and if scream is up and buffed at the same time that is some gravy. It is more proc heavy, but as I said it is still just as much fun.

I still play Anni/Watchmen and don't give a ****. Carnage is fine but I miss the old flow of the spec, smashing is boring as it always was.

It is still pretty good, it just isn't the best of the 3 trees atm. I can still be a healers worst nightmare on the spec, it just takes too long (imo) to get the burst rolling.

L2P :p

You pretentious little ****! :w_big_grin:

Combat is alot of fun bud. You just have to kind of get out of the mind set of trying to set up gore windows after the first one. Think more along the lines of stuffing as much burst as possible into your free gores. You get a free 4-7k hit when gore resets and if scream is up and buffed at the same time that is some gravy. It is more proc heavy, but as I said it is still just as much fun.

I do well in combat, it just is meh with my play style I recon.

Plus Watchman is dead sexy and you know it. :D

I can still be a healers worst nightmare on the spec, it just takes too long (imo) to get the burst rolling.

It's like one move away from being the most lethal class in the game, at times I can lock down anyone and make them pay for being in the same area as me.

Most healers have to be peeled by more than one person, and also need back up heals to deal with me. I have went toe to toe with some of the best healers already on the Bastion pugged, and held my own well with Watchman.

With the other two classes combat and focus, idk what it is but combat feels too mechanical, and focus has improved but still is a build up with it.

The armor pen in focus does make alot of the moves "more damage prone", so my guess is for ranked there is no way im not going focus, even when combat might be more useful.

But another part of me will go Watchman just because I can't give it up and I just want to prove the haters wrong. :sul_wink:

Edited by Caeliux

You pretentious little ****! :w_big_grin:

I do well in combat, it just is meh with my play style I recon.

Plus Watchman is dead sexy and you know it. :D

It's like one move away from being the most lethal class in the game, at times I can lock down anyone and make them pay for being in the same area as me.

Most healers have to be peeled by more than one person, and also need back up heals to deal with me. I have went toe to toe with some of the best healers already on the Bastion pugged, and held my own well with Watchman.

With the other two classes combat and focus, idk what it is but combat feels too mechanical, and focus has improved but still is a build up with it.

The armor pen in focus does make alot of the moves "more damage prone", so my guess is for ranked there is no way im not going focus, even when combat might be more useful.

But another part of me will go Watchman just because I can't give it up and I just want to prove the haters wrong. :sul_wink:

Yeah it literally does feel like one move from being great. I think PVE is holding it back a bit (because it is so strong).

If they gave us free force scream on charge, we would @%#$ on everything in raids, but man would I love that. :D

If they improve our healing people will just stack them (like before). I guess they could make the healing only work on us, but that might hurt pve a bit. They can't improve our dps. We are fine in 1 v 1.

About the only thing they could buff is mobility, and my idea was each stack of annihilate makes us run 5 percent faster capping at 15-20. Our charge is like perfect for interrupting, but with all the slows, cc's now we are forced to use it to get back on the target a lot of times.

I would also like to see anti cleanse like lethality snipers have.

Basically they have to buff something that doesn't increase our dps, doesn't make us stronger 1 v 1 (we already are except against shadows/sin, but everyone loses to them, and we can beat bad ones). I think that is why it has taken so long to "fix".

Yeah it literally does feel like one move from being great. I think PVE is holding it back a bit (because it is so strong).

If they gave us free force scream on charge, we would @%#$ on everything in raids, but man would I love that. :D

If they improve our healing people will just stack them (like before). I guess they could make the healing only work on us, but that might hurt pve a bit. They can't improve our dps. We are fine in 1 v 1.

About the only thing they could buff is mobility, and my idea was each stack of annihilate makes us run 5 percent faster capping at 15-20. Our charge is like perfect for interrupting, but with all the slows, cc's now we are forced to use it to get back on the target a lot of times.

I would also like to see anti cleanse like lethality snipers have.

Basically they have to buff something that doesn't increase our dps, doesn't make us stronger 1 v 1 (we already are except against shadows/sin, but everyone loses to them, and we can beat bad ones). I think that is why it has taken so long to "fix".

More heal back would be the trick to put us over the edge, make us like a health pot leach that will drain anyones health dry, kinda like a melee shadow priest.

Maybe revamp and make a 55 move for Watchman a aoe soul steal move where it drains health and force from others for 6 seconds.

I mean the ideas I can conjure up making it the periodic damage dealer it supposed to be! :)

Edited by Caeliux

I'm actually like annihilation a lot now for PvP. I usually top the charts by a couple hundred thousand and the changes to annihilate give me enough burst to actually finish off healers. I haven't been able to give the new carnage a good try though since The Harbinger has been lagging to **** lately in the evening.

Carnage (or Combat as I know it) is amazing right now. Admittedly I have not tried Watchman in pvp and I was afraid Combat would be too 'klunky', but it is smooth, lethal and sturdier than it used to be.

In my experience so far vigilance is what combat used to be pre-2.0, fun and effective. People keep comparing it to watchman for no other reason then lack of clue; it's a single saber version of combat with great damage and much less cc vulnurability. Also at least as durable if not more. On the othet hand focus seems to flow much more naturally for sentinels than giardians and at least when pugging.they seem to be.the superior choice due to higher freqiency of sweeps and far greater durability. Combat has been a disappointment at 50 having.been nerfed in a variety of ways, will give it another go later.

Carnage/combat is fine tbh but the old flow of the spec is lost though is probably more interesting to play now. While vigilance/vengeance does have some similarity to combat/carnage it reminds me more of watchman/annihilation not because of dots but more the way it plays hence why i said if you enjoy anni/watchman you will enjoy it.

Carnage/combat still spends a lot of time just spamming blade rush/massacre Vigilance/veageance is way more interesting then that and reminds me of watchman in the way that the abilitys have more of a priority system. The thing i dislike about carnage atm is while its slightly more interesting to play, while procs have a high chance there is always a point when you get really unlucky and you're spamming massacre waiting for something to happen..

Edited by AngusFTW

every class gets globaled now so it not just sents. smash is still one of if not the best dps class/spec in the game. agree that combat/carnage feels very weak in the 2.0 pvp environment. annihilation has never been good. not even when everyone ran it and thought it was. the way that spec works, itd be a fine line between underpowered and overpowered and knowing bioware, a buff to annihilation would wind up being a disaster for every class in the game besides marauders.

i dont know why so many people think smash is boring. all carnage and anni are, are force leaping in and running through a short easy rotation over and over. smash you have to manage two stacks, making the optimal decision every gcd based on stack size and cds, and find optimal locations/opponents to smash...all while dealing with priority targets, peels, objectives, etc.

to me smash is much more entertaining and engaging to play than mashing through a 5 ability rotation over and over throughout a warzone, all while being infinitely stunned.

As a combat sent I can only agree. Combat is man vs man can't rely on mass aoe dmg to get a fighting chance but I hardly put a dent in my opponent despite standing behind an enemy for several seconds just swinging. I started to think it was I who all of a sudden had become so much worse at playing but it is apparent that it is the same for all combat/carnage specked.

Sitting in one place makes me go nuts.

You must play your sniper totally different than me. I'm constantly running around trying not to die lol. Snare one guy, turn around and flash bang another one, roll forward, turn around and shoot at the other gunslinger shooting at me. I feel like my APM must be stupidly high when I'm PVP'ing on my sniper. Usually when the match first starts, I get to sit back and start raining death down remotely but after I get into the game and people start getting mad that I killed them it becomes one huge attempt at revenge from their entire team :).

Actually it is rule of thumb for every rdps not to be "nearest enemy" just to avoid tab targeting as much as possible.

If rdps is allowed to turret freecast, there are targets in range and you are not nearest enemy, why the hell u need to run around like a headless chicken, considering for rdps a lot of high damaging moves are channels/activation time.