Killing Innocent bystanders on Makeb =p

NinjaLou

While running around in the Hutt Embassy there are these low level, unarmed mobs that aggro, and all they do is duck down in fear. I was wondering if there was something to be done about this. In order to get out of combat I have to kill them and it really isn't the Jedi way to kill unarmed civiliansd. Is there anyway you guys can make them yellow neutral mobs?

Just walk away, when you get far enough from them they go back to normal.

Or keep doing what your doing and slowly fall to the darkside...we have coffee

Lol, you make the trip to the darkside sound so...

innocent..

Edited by amaresch

Having only leveled Sith so far, I really don't see the issue. Your companion loyally follows you into the maws of death many times.... and there they stand, quivering with anticipation to kill these so called "innocent" mobs. What sort of a friend are you to value mere strangers over the single vice your trusty companion has? If I was your companion I'd leave you to find a more accommodating friend.

The coffee is very good by the way :mon_trap:

While running around in the Hutt Embassy there are these low level, unarmed mobs that aggro, and all they do is duck down in fear. I was wondering if there was something to be done about this. In order to get out of combat I have to kill them and it really isn't the Jedi way to kill unarmed civiliansd. Is there anyway you guys can make them yellow neutral mobs?

Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir! :t_evil:

Killing these people are totally immersion breaking on my near Light-V Jedi. There are two close enough to one of the checkpoints that they aggro. You can't move past it without slaughtering them in cold blood (and oil). They don't even count against the bonus so there's really no point.

QoL: Please make them less than outright hostile.

Killing these people are totally immersion breaking on my near Light-V Jedi. There are two close enough to one of the checkpoints that they aggro. You can't move past it without slaughtering them in cold blood (and oil). They don't even count against the bonus so there's really no point.

QoL: Please make them less than outright hostile.

Agreed!!

I thought at first it was just another bug, but I'm not see now... I hate having to kill a bunch of unarmed civilians and droids as me and my squad move through cities on Makeb, immersion breaking and not lore friendly at all for my trooper.

And they're like lvl 7? *** BW? Fix this, or put a weapon on their hand and let them at me.

Wait; you are launching AoE grenades etc into crowds of unarmed civilians who will not attack you and revert back to non-aggro if you leave them alone?

Sounds like somebody is on the path to the Darkside...

Personally, I rampaged through the guests...received an Achievement in the process too....:D

Just walk away, when you get far enough from them they go back to normal.

Or keep doing what your doing and slowly fall to the darkside...we have coffee

It just occurs to me ... are Jedi allowed to drink coffee? Or is it like a Mormon thing where they don't ingest any drug-like substances?

Yeah, initially I avoided massacring the few 90 to 150 hp droids and civvies visibly cowering after I took down the combatants in the mob. Seemed the "Jedi thing to do" ... besides they didn't yield exp or loot. Then I realized that Doc just wouldn't let it go until I off’d them all - even if I forced him to go passive. Also I wasn't able to out-of-combat heal prior to going on to the next real target, as the game still thought I was "in combat".

It'd be much more fun if they were to go yellow once the active combatants in the mob are toasted (ending combat) and then giving you LS points for sparing them (by leaving their vicinity) or DS points for offing them .

Killing these people are totally immersion breaking on my near Light-V Jedi.

But not the massive genocide of Imperials, Sith, resistance fighters, Alderanian civil war soldiers, Hutt cartel members, Animals that looked at you funny, innocent creatures created by the sith, Republic soldiers (deserters), or the countless other people and creatures that some random person paid your Light side Jedi to kill, steal from, kidnap or otherwise harm in some way... Lets not even talk about the countless Gormak you killed on Voss... You know the tribal people just trying to protect themselves from their invasive enemies, and their enemies allies. And don't even get me on the native species on Tython the Jedi council has you killing in droves. I guess when the Jedi decide they are making their temple on a planet any species that doesn't like it gets a lightsaber in the face.

But killing those dozen diplomats that's the part that is immersion breaking part. your Jedi likely has a larger body count than Hitler by the time you hit Makeb. :jawa_evil:

Edited by Emencie

But killing those dozen diplomats that's the part that is immersion breaking part. your Jedi likely has a larger body count than ...

Congratz on Godwin'ing the thread.

Immersion is not black & white and one's own suspension of disbelief really depends on personal tolerance. Frankly I find EA's interpretation of DS/LS downright sad. Bad people doing bad things and shooting at me, especially after giving them a chance to run away? I have no qualms about cutting them down. Defenseless NPC's cowering in terror? Completely out of character.

Very poor design.

I agree with the OP, although I'm not as bothered by it.

I think they should just run away or something. Or like someone else mentioned you could kill them or let them go to get DS/LS points. It would be a good compliment to the game because it wouldn't force you to take Diplomacy for end game alignment changes.

Congratz on Godwin'ing the thread.

Immersion is not black & white and one's own suspension of disbelief really depends on personal tolerance. Frankly I find EA's interpretation of DS/LS downright sad. Bad people doing bad things and shooting at me, especially after giving them a chance to run away? I have no qualms about cutting them down. Defenseless NPC's cowering in terror? Completely out of character.

Very poor design.

Hey someone has to do it... was page 2 too fast? I always mistime it. :jawa_smile:

Just pointing out that we as Jedi Sith or really anything else do a whole lot of things that are very out of our character. We may sit there for a moment going "What the heck?" but ultimately we move on. I bet you haven't even thought about in a very long time, all the innocent flesh raiders you killed when your masters were sending you out to claim more and more of the indigenous species' territory. I love the politics of this game. When the Sith do that it's an invasion, when the Jedi do it it's colonization. (not sarcastic. I really do love seeing the not so perfectly good side of the Jedi)

Edited by Emencie

Hey someone has to do it... was page 2 too fast? I always mistime it. :jawa_smile:

Just pointing out that we as Jedi Sith or really anything else do a whole lot of things that are very out of our character. We may sit there for a moment going "What the heck?" but ultimately we move on. I bet you haven't even thought about in a very long time, all the innocent flesh raiders you killed when your masters were sending you out to claim more and more of the indigenous species' territory. I love the politics of this game. When the Sith do that it's an invasion, when the Jedi do it it's colonization. (not sarcastic. I really do love seeing the not so perfectly good side of the Jedi)

see, this is why I'm not troubled when I make a DS decision because sometimes, even the LS decisions aren't really all that good. In fact, some of them are just plain stupid and make no sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.