An update on the One-Time-Password system (April 16th 2013)

Phillip_BW

I have, it doesn't generate a OTP any faster for me. I occasionally get lucky and get one but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay a monthly sub for 'occasional' access

Sorry for that. I am currently playing 2 other games after a pretty extended swtor streak and have been looking for reasons to come back and play more classes here. This definitely isn't something I can put in a "reason to play swtor" column. I am scared now that it will happen to me and I don't want to deal with the aggravation when there are so many good alternatives.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always import those key fob things. Actually, you can import almost any thing for the right price. It's a convenience item that is well worth the extra cost.

Unless you're going to tell me how to import a OTP for free, you're really missing the point.

Three things: first, have you considered using "Flash cookies" or DOM Storage in addition to regular cookies? These don't get wiped when cookies are deleted, and could even be used to recreate the cookie without needing an OTP.

Second, you could store the last 2 or 3 IP addresses used for an account. Currently when my brother comes over to play he has to enter an OTP, then when he goes home and plays he has to use an OTP again. It happens every time, and it gets annoying fast.

Lastly, you could try computing a hash based on the account info and the PC's hardware characteristics and store that in the "<account name>_Account.ini" file. Just my 2 credits.

Right I am losing my patience. For months I have had this problem and I have been patient and waited for you to fix this, but for goodness sake this really beginning to **** me off. What is the point? Just use the damn security question, that's what its there for! (Sorry everybody I know lots have complained but I now feel a lot better by having a rant.)

1 hour waiting, and still no email, I have looked into spam folders and all, do you think I have 1 hour or more, to wait for your stupid email, because you dont want to program a decent security system?, I havent changed my computer, only the dammed ip because the router rebooted, you cant program any better?, I wont buy the dammed security key in my life, I swear it, and the mobile one isnt working in Europe, what are you doing with my money?, do you think we are stupid?, all is marketing to sell the dammed security key, you are lucky I like the game, but you dont deserve my money, I dont know in what you waste the money we give, is obvious that in solving bugs no, in upgrading the security system, no, then whats left?, in pizzas?, all day with bugs and like, and now this, the patience has a limit, dont play with it.

In other games it only detects the change of computer, not the change of ip, or if you format de computer, is it so dificult?, I dont think so...

All of this is great but how do you even request the email? I'm experiencing the same issue and nevr see the option for getting the email in the first place. Can ayone help me?

No, noone will help you, this is star wars, where developers laught at customers.

I rarely received my one time password within ample time (usually within a few hours), and as of lately...haven't been receiving it at all via email. I recently searched BING and found a solution - people having problems receiving their passwords or not getting them at all need to log into EA (origin acct) and update/verify their email accounts. Upon doing so, your one time password will arrive as expected, and almost immediately in your email. Hope this helps others!

I rarely received my one time password within ample time (usually within a few hours), and as of lately...haven't been receiving it at all via email. I recently searched BING and found a solution - people having problems receiving their passwords or not getting them at all need to log into EA (origin acct) and update/verify their email accounts. Upon doing so, your one time password will arrive as expected, and almost immediately in your email. Hope this helps others!

I´ve just verified my email at origin, no otp jet, thanks for the try, 6 hours now waiting for the password, this is incredible...

I´ve just verified my email at origin, no otp jet, thanks for the try, 6 hours now waiting for the password, this is incredible...

First attempt Thursday and its now Sunday, in all the attempts since Thursday (about 60 hours now) a Single OTP was sent hours after I stopped trying.

My account is SO secure that even I cannot get into it, Nice work.

Today is the 23rd, I had to wait an hour and a half for my OTP. When I decided I would get the security key I needed another F***ING OTP! It's been another half an hour and still not password. What the hell is going on with you people and your security?

for all of u who have issues with OTP unsub right now b/c it's not worth it to wait for hours for something that's probably not gonna happen i have the security key for the ipad so i don't have to worry about OTP but srsly just unsub don't waste your time and patience...

so how many of us are stuck without being able to log in as of today the 24/06/13 ?

ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's one

Here's from a post today in a thread in customer service:

"Old Today , 07:24 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Report Post Quote

Hi Thorrrx,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there are intermittent issues with the OTP mails at this time. We are very much aware of them and are working to get things fixed. In the meantime, if it's an option, you can contact our Account & Billing department who can provide you with a code.

Another thing that might help is a workaround suggested here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=653707

Sorry again"

I'm seriously sad. Problems with the one-time password does not stop a few weeks. Sometimes have to wait for 1 to 5 hours!

I pay a subscription and are very pleased with the game. But now all too often can not exercise their right to paid! I'm shocked!

If this situation continues, I will have to give up not only to pay the money, but did not play, because when I want to, I can not do it! I do not want to give up yet and I hope for prudence game developers!

I'm seriously sad. Problems with the one-time password does not stop a few weeks. Sometimes have to wait for 1 to 5 hours!

I pay a subscription and are very pleased with the game. But now all too often can not exercise their right to paid! I'm shocked!

If this situation continues, I will have to give up not only to pay the money, but did not play, because when I want to, I can not do it! I do not want to give up yet and I hope for prudence game developers!

I have been waiting for my OTP since Thursday.