An update on the One-Time-Password system (April 16th 2013)

Phillip_BW

My brother seems to have a problem now where every time he tries to log in he gets this OTP thing that he has to wait for. He recently added a security key (mobile - Android) to his account as well so it seems like he shouldn't even be getting the OTP verification with the security key. On my account (same network) I don't experience this at all.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I appreciate the fact that you acknowledged complaints. However, the system is flawed. When I took a break for a few months before the cartel expansion I left my authentication attached. I had to de-attach it in order to get my account to work, before I could even resub. During that process it took a total 9 one time passwords until it finally started working. This was a bit frustrating, the blame doesn't lye on my browser, my ISP, or my mail provider. This is on bioware.

Just my experience. It kind of sucked. But I made it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a static I.P. and I'm asked for my "one-time" password almost every day. Usually I get it within 5 minutes but last night it took 4 hours and there was nothing wrong with my email address. Not acceptable.

- Arcada

I have a static I.P. and I'm asked for my "one-time" password almost every day. Usually I get it within 5 minutes but last night it took 4 hours and there was nothing wrong with my email address. Not acceptable.

- Arcada

Be more specific.

Logging in to the game? Or logging in to the website?

It matters as it goes to cause. If you can log in to the game fine with a static IP without needing a OTP, but you cannot on the web site... then that is something in your browser settings and fully within your control to fix.

If you cannot log into the game with a static IP... then you have other issues to get addressed.....like maybe your IP is not as static as you think it is.

Edited by Andryah

Don't worry about fixing this system, just disable the damn thing already.

Two days I was unable to generate a OTP password to log in either on this website or in game. There's two days of game time down the drain because of this ridiculous system that just does not work.

I tried using the mobile security key app but that didn't work either. Worked the first time and then never since. I had to get it removed from my account in order to access it.

At this point, I'd rather have my game account stolen than have to continuously deal with this every single night.

FINALLY! After 2hours I've finally receive the cursed password.

Just revert back to the old question system please, considering the amount of e-mail services around the web the OTP thing will most likely never work well.

I just recently subbed back into this game last week, and i've only been able to SUCCESSFULLY logon ONCE...

Is this the new plan to help server performance or something? keep all of your players logged out?

I don't even know why i Re'subbed to this crap.. i can't even log in.. right now i'm being charged for something i can't use..

I've literally attempted the OTP system every 15 minutes and I never get an email..

I even tried to CHANGE my email and it said "Ok we sent you a conformation email to the new address"

SO i went to my new email? and NOTHING is there... At this point i'm fairly certain SWTOR's Email servers are ran my hamster wheels.

I am a new player who enjoys SWOR but each time I login to website, I get a One-Time Password Request, I begun to grow tired to having to logon to email to get the code, did a search for the problem and found this thread.

Before you tell me what to do, I having a static ip address, using my laptop gaming machine all time for gaming.

Relay on cookies is a stuped way to check users, I am using mozilla firefox without privavy enabled but each time I close firefox, its empy cache, cookies and other things so I am sure advert/login/? are deleted and cant trace me any more. For me its a privacy concern.

Privacy is a major concern for me, now when I know about this, cant say I am going to contiune play SWOR. There are other ways to confirm users and SWOR has taken the shortcut.

// Patrick, Sweden.

Got the same problem again tonight, no passwords being sent. This is now three nights in a row... thankfully it's held my access on the forums here so I didn't have to log in to post this, but no game time. :mad:

Seriously hey, **** you.

Out of every MMO I have played I have never seen so much fail in the one game, this has been an on going problem for quite some time, Your game is already crap and you need to avoid these things as much as possible to retain players!

Got the same problem again tonight, no passwords being sent. This is now three nights in a row... thankfully it's held my access on the forums here so I didn't have to log in to post this, but no game time. :mad:

Have you tried logging out of and back into your forum account ? My experience has been that the otp sent to relog into the forum is sent immediately, and that after logging into forum I am not asked for a otp to log into the game its self.

I currently have to place a phone call to the opposite side of the world every day if I want to log in to the game.

I cannot possibly overstate the fact that this is not good enough.

If I cannot log in to the game then I cannot justify paying the subscription. And I want to log in. I want to pay the subscription. SWTOR is a great game but I do have alternatives. It's your choice Bioware. Make your game easily accessible or continue to lose subscriptions.

Have you tried logging out of and back into your forum account ? My experience has been that the otp sent to relog into the forum is sent immediately, and that after logging into forum I am not asked for a otp to log into the game its self.

I have, it doesn't generate a OTP any faster for me. I occasionally get lucky and get one but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay a monthly sub for 'occasional' access

I have, it doesn't generate a OTP any faster for me. I occasionally get lucky and get one but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay a monthly sub for 'occasional' access

Yes, I would be angry too if I couldn't log in. You guys should get the Digipass keychain. It's a lot better than having to deal with the mail lotto system when you switch computers or play from a different locations. Although if you lose you keychain it's a bit of hassle to get it removed from you account, which is why I never been tempted to go back to wow. I don't know where I put my wow Digipass keychain, but I don't care enough to call Blizzard or to look for it in the house. I guess that is a good thing.

Those key fob things aren't available everywhere. Besides, I've already paid for the game. I shouldn't have to buy extra **** just to be able to log in.

You can always import those key fob things. Actually, you can import almost any thing for the right price. It's a convenience item that is well worth the extra cost.

Edited by Knockerz

This has now become untenable.

I have 2 accounts, both fully subbed since pre-release. One was the Limited edition, with it's own security key fob.

The second, I obtained the mobile phone security app for.

About 2 months ago, my security fob just 'froze'.

No dead battery - it's 2 months on and I can still see the same 8 digits proudly displayed on the fob.

So I called customer service, and they advised me 'No problem, I'll remove the security fob from that account - you'll get a one time password sent to your e-mail account immediately when you try to log in...'

Marvellous. Courtesy and efficiency.

And then the dark times. And then the waiting.

I asked if I could simply download a second copy of the app to my mobile, and set it up for the account that now lacked security key function...but alas, no.

I've now been waiting >24 hours for a one time password to be sent to my e-mail account to access an account with multiple characters, for which I have paid you consistently for the ability to play.

That's $14.99.

Times 18 months.

For 2 accounts.

$539.64 I've paid to your company in relation to this game, and I'm sitting here on one of the rare occasions I have free time to enjoy it, and can't access it due to your company's failure to provide a functioning service.

Sort it out.

Quickly.