Give back our Expertise!

HexDecimalUK

No that's the point, your expertise will not get bolstered to max. The only stats that get bolsters close to max, are PVE stats, even on PvP gear. So if you are wearing the best PVE gear, none of your PVE stats will get bolstered, but you will receive some expertise. Whereas if you are wearing full PvP gear, you will have the full amount of expertise, and close to max PVE stats. However the extra expertise full PvP gear gives, is far more beneficial than the extra PVE stats using the best PVE gear will give.

Which is why it will always be PvP gear > PVE gear @ 55.

Thanks for the reply. As long as BiS PVP gear > BiS PVE gear in warzones and vice versa for pve, but at the same time allows players that gear through one path or the other to enjoy both aspect of the game, both pvp and pve, then it is fine and it is actually a good move IMO.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread about nothing. Author should apologize for even creating it. Thx BW for this update. I started 55 WZ with EWH set and my assault vanguard and even with the nerf owning. I dont know why you want your expertise back when you have still 1700 with EWH in WZ and as a bonus new PVE set that works just fine to start with.

Thanks for the reply. As long as BiS PVP gear > BiS PVE gear in warzones and vice versa for pve, but at the same time allows players that gear through one path or the other to enjoy both aspect of the game, both pvp and pve, then it is fine and it is actually a good move IMO.

Exactly, that is the whole point of the bolster change. It keeps the gear progression paths intact but also allows everyone to contribute to the WZ as the gear gap isn't nearly as big any more. Yet BiS PvP gear will still put you ahead. This is a good move on Bioware's part and should greatly improve queue times for WZ's across all servers as it makes PvP more accessible.

What it won't fix is noobs entering WZ's not knowing what they are doing, but unfortunately that's one issue Bioware will never be able to fix ;)

Thread about nothing. Author should apologize for even creating it. Thx BW for this update. I started 55 WZ with EWH set and my assault vanguard and even with the nerf owning. I dont know why you want your expertise back when you have still 1700 with EWH in WZ and as a bonus new PVE set that works just fine to start with.

Among the few posts on this subject, this is the most astute one of them all. Especially the bolded part! I fully agree with you Pan. Thanks for your insight and post.

Everyone has the same handicap

So its not a handicap ....

Negative. What he's complaining about is that, while questing (doing dailies or whatever), he had his EWH gear to minimize the potential gank from some a-hole Imp who wants to sit there in his fully aug'd Conq gear and 'pwn n00bs'.

If anyone fails to see the advantage Expertise gives, you're a moron. Removing it from my EWH gear has now put me at a distinct DISadvantage in every open world encounter until I can gear up again.

Negative. What he's complaining about is that, while questing (doing dailies or whatever), he had his EWH gear to minimize the potential gank from some a-hole Imp who wants to sit there in his fully aug'd Conq gear and 'pwn n00bs'.

If anyone fails to see the advantage Expertise gives, you're a moron. Removing it from my EWH gear has now put me at a distinct DISadvantage in every open world encounter until I can gear up again.

I was under the impression that expertise only took effect in designated areas, not open world or duels. but...I do neither.

I was under the impression that expertise only took effect in designated areas, not open world or duels. but...I do neither.

Not a freaking chance. It most certainly applied in OW encounters...that's why I chose to wear PvP gear when doing dailies vs. PvE gear.

I'm so worried about imps trolling me i must wear my expertise gear all the time, so i can run away from them... Since everyone knows you cn unflag yourself on a pve server, I assume you are in a pvp server, in which case you are screwed before you grind out a few wzs and get your entry lvl pvp gear. that takes like what, 5 hours to get to full partisan gear?..

No, if you have a mod with Expertise on it in "any" piece of gear, just one mod, the bolster system will assume that is a PvP piece of gear and it will not get bolstered with any expertise. Which means you can get your PVE shells, and put all your PvP mods in and the system will think you are wearing PvP - this is correct.

What you can't do without gimping yourself, is mix and match PVE/PvP mods together in a piece of gear. If you do this, you will be short on expertise and the extra PVE stats won't be able to make up for the loss.

This is actually beneficial to all PVPers, as it means PvP gear still matters, just not as much as it did before. But at the end of the day, PvP gear > PVE gear @ 55, as it should be.

So that means you can't split your gear set bonuses between PvE and PvP (for some classes, they prefer the 2 piece of each side, versus the 4 pc pvp bonus). At least, not without being screwed expertise wise. That'll annoy some people. This doesn't affect my main, but it definitely affects my healing sorc, which probably still has a worthless 4 piece bonus compared to the PvE 2 piece bonus (reduced CD on innervate)

Edited by islander

Not a freaking chance. It most certainly applied in OW encounters...that's why I chose to wear PvP gear when doing dailies vs. PvE gear.

I don't think Bioware had PvP servers in mind when they designed this, Chewie. :p

I'm so worried about imps trolling me i must wear my expertise gear all the time, so i can run away from them... Since everyone knows you cn unflag yourself on a pve server, I assume you are in a pvp server, in which case you are screwed before you grind out a few wzs and get your entry lvl pvp gear. that takes like what, 5 hours to get to full partisan gear?..

And you can't even get any partisan at all until you're 55, so if you're leveling on Makeb from 50-54 on a PvP server, you're screwed.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

if only, try a full weekend and alot of coffee

I don't think Bioware had PvP servers in mind when they designed this, Chewie. :p

Except no one else has it either now so it doesn't even matter. This was a great change for the game, and I would agree on any of my characters that has WH/EWH.

Except no one else has it either now so it doesn't even matter. This was a great change for the game, and I would agree on any of my characters that has WH/EWH.

Wrong, the level 55 players have it. On PvP servers, I'm sure they'd enjoy griefing all those pre-50 players who are leveling on Makeb with no expertise.

You now have awesome gear to PVE with to get yourself to 55 and it works GREAT now in pre-55 WZ's... Then when you get to 55 you will get your new PvP gear. I don't see what the problem is here?

Its not for PvE servers (which you are absolotely better off with removing the expertise for both PvE abd 30-54 PvE). For PvP servers might be a problem. Also, not sure how this will translate into 55 WZs. I was better off with EWH in 55 WZ than with quality 156 PvE gear. Now I am wearing 150 PvE gear on some pieces.

Wrong, the level 55 players have it. On PvP servers, I'm sure they'd enjoy griefing all those pre-50 players who are leveling on Makeb with no expertise.

:eek: aaaaah yeah new leveling players on makeb now have no expertise and are ripe for the plucking. i rescind my original post:rak_01:

No what i have now got is zero protection from the opposing faction on makeb or anywhere else so basically im confined to the fleet till me and my comps are in full auged conqueror gear, TY for that BW.

Awww. So, you want to gank people, and now you can't gank in your pvp?

Suck it up.

BIOWARE! we worked damn hard for our elite warhero gear, give it back!

sign this.

And other people worked hard for centurion, battlemaster, champion etc you don't see them crying?

This aint 1.7 anymore, it's 2.0. Get over it.

And you can't even get any partisan at all until you're 55, so if you're leveling on Makeb from 50-54 on a PvP server, you're screwed.

No doubt! The amount of STUPID that went into this decision is massive. They didn't even TRY to think this crap through.

I was camped by a lvl 55 Operative on Makeb when I was 52. The only thing that allowed me even a fraction of a chance to live (I didn't), was the Expertise on my existing gear. I continually died to him, but it wasn't near the butt kicking it'll be now. Now, it's going to be a slaughter. Abso-freaking-lutely stupid move on Bioware's part.

if only, try a full weekend and alot of coffee

Full partisan is about 12k for the whole set.

Factor in an average comm reward of 120 per warzone (this assumes a pretty robust victory rate), and you're looking at 100 full warzones to get the full partisan set.

100 * 15 minutes let's say = 1500 minutes, or 25 hours of non-stop warzones. No queue delays, no quitting because you end up with bads.

These idiots like gtangtan like to joke about how 'fast' getting gear is, but reality is much different, especially for the 'typical' PvPer.

Even if we want to throw out three or four pieces for having comms capped before 50 (or, in this case now, 55) you're still looking at needing about 9000-9500 warzone comms...so 20 straight hours of warzoning with no breaks, no queue times, and no quitting bad warzones - and maintaining a win rate of about 75%.

No doubt! The amount of STUPID that went into this decision is massive. They didn't even TRY to think this crap through.

I was camped by a lvl 55 Operative on Makeb when I was 52. The only thing that allowed me even a fraction of a chance to live (I didn't), was the Expertise on my existing gear. I continually died to him, but it wasn't near the butt kicking it'll be now. Now, it's going to be a slaughter. Abso-freaking-lutely stupid move on Bioware's part.

If you get camped, you do have choices, you know. Besides gtting camped. Only stupid people let themselves get camped to the point of rage.

UPDATE 4/16/2013 11am CST

I noticed having a full set of War hero gear in a wz, my stats (main and hp) were actually lower than those in mix match pve gear on players varying in levels from 30's to 50's.

Also the WH relics are severly reducing my stats due to them not having the expertise replaced with useful stats.

thanks