Give back our Expertise!

HexDecimalUK

Over achievers who take pride in being at the top of there game. Im not concerned with getting the new Gear. I will have that in time. But NOW, in that time.. I will have very little expertise and all the current work I have done has turned out to handicap rather than benefit me

Everyone has the same handicap

So its not a handicap ....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the real problem we should be focusing on that bioware seem to have forgot, is that in 55 pvp bracket, people with arkanian and underworld gear have a VERY MARGINAL advantage. Where this is fine if the intent was to make this so but if it is what is the point of having conqeror gear which is way worse than top tier raid gear in wz's from what i can see. (yes i just tested it out a few minutes ago). This is the real problem. Gving too much expertise to a gear set thats designed for pve. So why get conqueror when i can easily get full arkanian atleast and be way stronger than anyone in conqueror gear? smaller gear gap my *** Edited by SwiftDuck

It is an upgrade but it is a hugely expensive one. Because Bioware cannot itemise gear for ****; all my PvP gear was Partisan Armourings with EWH mods/enhancements. Now however I have to remove every one of these mods/enhancements as under the bolster system I won't get bolstered for those items because they mix expertise and Pve items

This about sums it up.

I really really would like to ask the Developers the exact reason for this change. We've all worked damm hard for our gear with the Expertise. And Just five minutes ago I've been in a pvp and for the first time in a whole year I've felt the urge to "Well, all of my expertise is gone, those funny people who're running around naked have 200 more expertise then me with full Elite War hero gear. /quitwarzone"

Can we please get a very very detailed explernation for this? Because frankly I feel the need to sue the old PvP Elite Warhero armor vendor because their stats vanish after a short time.

I really really would like to ask the Developers the exact reason for this change. We've all worked damm hard for our gear with the Expertise. And Just five minutes ago I've been in a pvp and for the first time in a whole year I've felt the urge to "Well, all of my expertise is gone, those funny people who're running around naked have 200 more expertise then me with full Elite War hero gear. /quitwarzone"

Can we please get a very very detailed explernation for this? Because frankly I feel the need to sue the old PvP Elite Warhero armor vendor because their stats vanish after a short time.

Dude, tears apart, that might cloud ur reasoning...

L50 Gear WAS obsolete the second 2.0 hit liveChange ur cristals and u will be ok

200 experetise is what....+/- 1%?

Guess is 2 much for some ppl

The boost percentages from expertise should have been left alone, and allowed to increase with new pvp gear tiers. Bolster needed to be reworked. I'll give it a month, then I'll be leaving. I really like this game and want to see it do well, but lack of actual testing is making the devs pull a Barney Fife too often.

You now have awesome gear to PVE with to get yourself to 55 and it works GREAT now in pre-55 WZ's... Then when you get to 55 you will get your new PvP gear. I don't see what the problem is here?

Because some people had both PVP and PVE sets. So now PVP set is basically an inferior PVE set collecting dust.

Honestly, BW just can't seem to stop shi tt ing all over custmoers who've payed for and played this game for any length of time. This whole system was dreamed up to satisfy the F2P/casual gamers. For me, this is the last straw. I'm not going to help support a game that keeps punishing me because I worked for a LONG time to aquire my gear.

Thanks for a whole bunch of nothing.

Pretty much this. Instead of fixing bolster, it sounds like they made it worse. Now, when you get to 55, you get garbage gear to start out with again? Am I understanding this right?

I'm not logged in, working and all.

Edited by islander

What the real problem we should be focusing on that bioware seem to have forgot, is that in 55 pvp bracket, people with arkanian and underworld gear have a VERY MARGINAL advantage. Where this is fine if the intent was to make this so but if it is what is the point of having conqeror gear which is way worse than top tier raid gear in wz's from what i can see. (yes i just tested it out a few minutes ago). This is the real problem. Gving too much expertise to a gear set thats designed for pve. So why get conqueror when i can easily get full arkanian atleast and be way stronger than anyone in conqueror gear? smaller gear gap my ***

This^^. I understand boosting pvers stats so that they are competitive in their casual pvp play but they should not have an advantage over smn with pvp gear. This is also bad the other way, as hardcore pvpers that do little pve will have to be forced to pve in order to get the best gear for pvp.

The things for me are simple. Every slot with pvp gear does not get bolstered, while every slot with pve gear gets bolstered to a "standard" recruit pvp item in warzones overwriting the stats of the piece itself. For example you have arkanian boots with stats 10/10/10, since the piece has no expertise its stats in a warzone are changed to standard recruit boots of 5/5/5.

So, if I had PVE shells, with 63PVP armorings/mods/enhancments, they are now grade 63PVE armorings/mods/enhancments?

Awesome (no sarcasm present what so ever)

No, if you have a mod with Expertise on it in "any" piece of gear, just one mod, the bolster system will assume that is a PvP piece of gear and it will not get bolstered with any expertise. Which means you can get your PVE shells, and put all your PvP mods in and the system will think you are wearing PvP - this is correct.

What you can't do without gimping yourself, is mix and match PVE/PvP mods together in a piece of gear. If you do this, you will be short on expertise and the extra PVE stats won't be able to make up for the loss.

This is actually beneficial to all PVPers, as it means PvP gear still matters, just not as much as it did before. But at the end of the day, PvP gear > PVE gear @ 55, as it should be.

Edited by Sweeet

I have just about full EWH gear... I used up all my coms pre 2.0 to make sure I was going to be Geared for the transition... Just to find out that all the thousands of coms I used and countless pvp matches I ran were a waste. Ive got just about zero expertise in lvl 55 pvp matches now... Whats the PTS even used for. We should have known about this issue well in advance. Otherwise I wouldnt have wasted all the coms on EWH gear. Instead I was safe to assume it would be good gear to start with in the expansion for pvp.

I'm absolutely useless to my current Ranked team now. I want something to be done about this. This fix of yours is not a fix.. its a setback to countless ppl who spent hours and hours preparing for the update.. just to give those "gear vs skill" ppl an easier time in pvp. ERG! Very upset. -Redheaded

Are you that special that you didnt realize new gear was coming out and you spent it on ewh gear? I know I wouldnt take someone like you on my ranked team based off of this comment alone. Nobody will be running ranked until they hit 55 and get close to full gear as it is so quit your whining.

But at the end of the day, PvP gear > PVE gear, as it should be.

I understand that this is the intention of the devs, but is it as such at the moment? I mean if you have highest tier pve gear and you enter a warzone wouldnt your expertise be bolstered to max while all your other stats be taken from arkanian which has higher values that conqueror and hence in the end you end up with better pvp gear by having high tier pve one? I'm asking as I didn't have time to test this (and probably will not as I don't pve that much). If you see my post above on the same page IMO it would be fair to have any pve gear in a slot match a standard template. So arkanian boots (or any piece with no expertise) is transformed to a recruit boots of that advanced class when you are in a warzone.

No, if you have a mod with Expertise on it in "any" piece of gear, just one mod, the bolster system will assume that is a PvP piece of gear and it will not get bolstered with any expertise. Which means you can get your PVE shells, and put all your PvP mods in and the system will think you are wearing PvP - this is correct.

What you can't do without gimping yourself, is mix and match PVE/PvP mods together in a piece of gear. If you do this, you will be short on expertise and the extra PVE stats won't be able to make up for the loss.

This is actually beneficial to all PVPers, as it means PvP gear still matters, just not as much as it did before. But at the end of the day, PvP gear > PVE gear @ 55, as it should be.

Ah, thanks.

I understand that this is the intention of the devs, but is it as such at the moment? I mean if you have highest tier pve gear and you enter a warzone wouldnt your expertise be bolstered to max while all your other stats be taken from arkanian which has higher values that conqueror and hence in the end you end up with better pvp gear by having high tier pve one? I'm asking as I didn't have time to test this (and probably will not as I don't pve that much). If you see my post above on the same page IMO it would be fair to have any pve gear in a slot match a standard template. So arkanian boots (or any piece with no expertise) is transformed to a recruit boots of that advanced class when you are in a warzone.

No that's the point, your expertise will not get bolstered to max. The only stats that get bolsters close to max, are PVE stats, even on PvP gear. So if you are wearing the best PVE gear, none of your PVE stats will get bolstered, but you will receive some expertise. Whereas if you are wearing full PvP gear, you will have the full amount of expertise, and close to max PVE stats. However the extra expertise full PvP gear gives, is far more beneficial than the extra PVE stats using the best PVE gear will give.

Which is why it will always be PvP gear > PVE gear @ 55.

Honestly congrats on making me post .

Congrats on making a expansion bad !

Makebs whines are not justifies cause the expansion is huge and worth the money .

The quest rewards on the other hand for the difficulty is craptastic , is total rubbishe .

Now back on topic , you want to get rid of people for some wierd reason ?

Fine the expertise gear is not good enough for past level 54 ....

But in no way should it have been implemented the way it has been .

This is like you going to piss off customers big time , why isn't expertise removed from the relics ?

And changed into useful stats ? ...

This is like patching a bleeding wound , that would have healed itself in 2-3 weeks

But instead of patching the wound you guys just cut it open...

Sorry you can't redo what you just did , you do not take away gear from people who have been farming it !

Expect then to be still motivated .

Now fix it asap !

I don't understand. I have a toon at 53 in full ewh, which is supposed to be better post patch than previously. Well...in my first WZ, I gained about 300 aim, LOST 2k endurance, and lost over 500 expertise (with ewh relics on, but I took them off and my exp + primary stats change was negligible). This is not how I understood the patch to work. I see that my expertise has been swapped out, but I've also clearly lost significantly more expertise and aim/hp from yesterday (same level, same gear minus relics).

I fail to see the problem.

My main was in full PvP EWH gear. To do lowbie PvP effectively, I had to essentially run around naked, because my pvp gear was actually worse than pve gear, or naked. So Bioware removed expertise from my EWH gear. I'm fine with that. I go into a PvP match, and I get bolstered, and get my large amounts of expertise, and much better stats than I had before the change.

Now at 55 (I am not 55 on my main so I cannot say for sure), I am still in my EWH gear. I start doing 55 PvP... I get bolstered up to the appropriate states, expertise included, while I grind out the new gear.

How is it a problem?