The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leaked Treatment For New Star Wars Animated Show

Selorian

OK, on the basis that this is true - by reaction would be the following:

Disgust. As I suspected, the Clone Wars' series was shutdown for no other reason that to capitalize on the release of the sequels and generate as much dirty credits as possible. Not because 'things are getting hectic' and we therefore need to shut down every other Star Wars project Lucas left behind. Its unnecessary, The Clone Wars was an excellent series reaching its prime, and with its cancellation and whole load of lose threads have been left hanging, many of which will likely never be resolved.

Don't get me wrong, I realise any new animated series could and most likely would, be good quality, but that's no excuse for cancelling a perfectly excellent series and replacing it with another, solely because it will make more money. Keep your eyes peeled, Star Wars' video game industry is next, oh wait...

/rant over. :jawa_wink:

That's the worst thing I've ever read in my life. And the Shade? Why Luke would turn into a rogue justicar?
Lol, I had similar thoughts. However it may be fake, but I think we'll likely be seeing a new animated series from Disney soon enough.

TBH this story doesn't really appeal to me at all, I've never felt like the post-ROTJ feels like Star Wars, but something else. Probably because it lacks that whole good and evil construct, and is instead some random threat coming to challenge the all powerful Luke - Thrawn, Abeloth, Yuvaazha Vong etc.

If Kyle Katarn pokes his head into this show I may HAVE to watch it especially if they get his real voice actor and personality right, that would probably force me to watch it if hes a recurring character.

This! My favorite EU character hands down.

Lol, I had similar thoughts. However it may be fake, but I think we'll likely be seeing a new animated series from Disney soon enough.

TBH this story doesn't really appeal to me at all, I've never felt like the post-ROTJ feels like Star Wars, but something else. Probably because it lacks that whole good and evil construct, and is instead some random threat coming to challenge the all powerful Luke - Thrawn, Abeloth, Yuvaazha Vong etc.

I have the exact same feeling about post-RotJ EU. It doesn't look like it's Star Wars. The only sagas that I have some positive toughts about is Thrawn Trilogy and Palpatine's I think that's a common sense, you can just see how the Old Republic Era EU has much more appeal than any post-RotJ work.

Most of that sounds like rehashes of already existing ideas in the EU. Droids that heal? How about Yuuzhan Vong and healing armour? Chiss general thrown out of the Chiss military for not doing what his masters wanted only to go on and lead the Empire? I'll see you your President Rath Zel-Quula nd raise you a Thrawn. Then you get 1313 thrown in just for good measure. It feels to me like they're just throwing random bits of SW EU into the mix and see if anything good washes out.

If it's true of course.