What about +41 expertise crystals from cartel market?

Seireeni

As many people may have noticed, we had a nice little yellow writing in here about expertise in the new bolster system. You can read the whole post from the link, but I'm going to quote a part concerning expertise crystals.

However, we have an issue with this conversion, the Expertise crystal in the WH/EWH weapons. Because this crystal is used in Partisan and Conquer and the system is unable to edit based on condition which item the crystal in the WH and EWH weapons still have Expertise. It is recommended that you replace this Expertise crystal with PvE crystals. We apologize that we weren’t able to fully take all the Expertise off the WH/EWH and that some players will lose customization, which is very important to us and to you.

Now, what I'd be interested in is, will this also make expertise +41 cartel market crystals a disadvantage? If yes, will anything be done to it? I mean, this is stuff that people have bought with real money (or GTN of course, but someone bought it before with real money and put it in GTN). Or are they "safe", since they most likely are different items than the level 55 pvp crystals? Or have they been given any thought at all?

As many people may have noticed, we had a nice little yellow writing in here about expertise in the new bolster system. You can read the whole post from the link, but I'm going to quote a part concerning expertise crystals.

Now, what I'd be interested in is, will this also make expertise +41 cartel market crystals a disadvantage? If yes, will anything be done to it? I mean, this is stuff that people have bought with real money (or GTN of course, but someone bought it before with real money and put it in GTN). Or are they "safe", since they most likely are different items than the level 55 pvp crystals? Or have they been given any thought at all?

Agree, thanks for buying the crystals but they are now useless in PvE and PvP while leveling. :)

But I agree with whomever posted there should be a crystal swap vendor where 1 exp crystal for 1 power/crit/end crystal. Then they can leave them in packs on what not easiest fix. Probably wont occur for a long long time though.

Edited by Avicii

Oh Dear, I feel a great disturbance in the force over this .....

Never bought one (I've never bouight anything apart from a sub. I might by a classic jedi look, but that's another story) but those who have would be entitled to a refund, I expect.

These are PvP only items and if they can;t be used, well ....... that's not good.

BUT I expect there will be a quick response on this. BWEA won't let anything besmirch their beloved CM.

Those +41 expertise crystals will still be what you want in 55 bracket. Not a big deal having to shelve them for 5 levels. I'll miss my derelict purple war hero crystal as much as the next guy, but that just means it'll be even sweeter when I get to use it again.

Those +41 expertise crystals will still be what you want in 55 bracket. Not a big deal having to shelve them for 5 levels. I'll miss my derelict purple war hero crystal as much as the next guy, but that just means it'll be even sweeter when I get to use it again.

My level 22 gunslinger has two +41 crystals. That's more than five levels.

Even in the old brackets, 82 expertise did nothing sub 50. Not sure why you bothered.

1. Not having to update my crystals while leveling

2. Having them ready when I hit level 50.

3. They are cheaper than critical or power crystals when bought from GTN.

I'm glad they made all of my gear obsolete simultaneously. This game definitely discourages playing multiple characters.

LOL that doesn't even make sense. You do realize the bolster system made it better for people with multiple characters because they didn't need to gear X different characters. So if you have 4 lvl 50s, you didn't need to gear 4 chars versus someone who only has 1 50, so they only need to gear 1 50. Tell me again how this discourages people playing multiple chars?

Edited by Zorash

41 expertise comes on the 50+ gear. we're talkng about the things ppl level with from 10 on up.

LOL that doesn't even make sense. You do realize the bolster system made it better for people with multiple characters because they didn't need to gear X different characters. So if you have 4 lvl 50s, you didn't need to gear 4 chars versus someone who only has 1 50, so they only need to gear 1 50. Tell me again how this discourages people playing multiple chars?

Excuse me?

Well, the patch came, expertise was removed from wh/ewh and these crystals seem to give expertise still. So I guess they are then a disadvantage and nothing is done to it.

Hey, look, everyone! SWTOR is actually NOT caring about cartel market! :DDD

So...because the system wasn't properly thought out, we now get screwed in yet another way. This bolster system really is helping out... as long as you're a brand new player who who hasn't customized, purchased, or planned. It's working out amazingly.

This. Exactly.

They meant....when using WH/EWH gear....you dont want to use an expertise crystal.

REMOVING expertise from WH/EWH was an UPGRADE. But if you use an expertise crystal in a WH/EWH item, it ruins the upgrade.

So in the case of WH/EWH ONLY, you don't want an expertise crystal. For all other gear, you DO want an expertise crystal.

Edit: Talking about 55 PvP. Thought that was obvious, sorry

Edited by DarthBloodloss

They meant....when using WH/EWH gear....you dont want to use an expertise crystal.

REMOVING expertise from WH/EWH was an UPGRADE. But if you use an expertise crystal in a WH/EWH item, it ruins the upgrade.

So in the case of WH/EWH ONLY, you don't want an expertise crystal. For all other gear, you DO want an expertise crystal.

Completely false. When I use my expertise crystal with my lvl 20 I lose over 100 expertise compared to when I take it out.

Really glad I spent $200k on my level 20 to get an expertise crystal to now have it unusable. Who is in charge at Bioware? Much of the bolster issues were addressed on the PTS and ignored. Really questioning the integrity of the team...no thought process.

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

Completely false. When I use my expertise crystal with my lvl 20 I lose over 100 expertise compared to when I take it out.

Really glad I spent $200k on my level 20 to get an expertise crystal to now have it unusable. Who is in charge at Bioware? Much of the bolster issues were addressed on the PTS and ignored. Really questioning the integrity of the team...no thought process.

Talking about 55 PvP here, sorry. I assumed everyone else was as well....

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Since those crystals are usable from level 10, most of the people are not talking about level 55 pvp.

Logic fail. Especially since your original post ONLY mentions 55 and nothing about lowbie levels. AND you specifically quote a dev reply about WH/EWH which doesn't exist in lowbie WZs.

Have fun with your level 20

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Logic fail. Especially since your original post ONLY mentions 55 and nothing about lowbie levels. AND you specifically quote a dev reply about WH/EWH which doesn't exist in lowbie WZs.

Have fun with your level 20

My original post doesn't mention any bracket, the only place where level 55 is mentioned is when I asked if those crystals would be easier to deal with since level 55 pvp gear doesn't come with cartel market crystals, even though level 55 pvp gear does have +41 expertise crystals. Just not pink-purple or cyan-blue. Also, I quoted a part that was talking about the +41 crystals in wh/ewh gear, which were recommended to be changed to pve-crystals for lowbie. Cartel market crystals are also +41 expertise. Not to mention that they ARE in the same situation as wh/ewh crystals, since they still give the expertise, that has now became useless.

Is there some part in my post that isn't clear to you?

its lowbie PvP

who the frak cares about optimizing gear you are inevitably going to replace?

Having a crystal or 2 is hardly optimizing. Anyway, personally I have different cartel market crystals on my low-level characters so I don't have to spend credits on crystals as I level. Everything else I can buy with commedations.

I've gotten the feeling that you couldn't care less about lowbie, but I personally (used to at least) enjoy doing it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Not to mention that if you are going to go on with an expertise crystal, you don't have to change it at all.