Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

odawgg

Or both :D Getting 4100 in Dread Forged BiS is EXTREMELY lucky, took me probably 100+ parses. Getting it with some DM Gear including the OH is more doable, I got 4102 the other day after about 15 tries or so. I think I was pushing around the low 3600s at best in DF BiS - Arsenal, this one came after getting some DM gear.

You mention you were extremely lucky, so if you don't mind me asking; what would you say your average parses look like? I find judging spec parses by statistical anomalies to be rather strange. Also, what would be a comparatively normal _low_ score whilst still doing nothing wrong. As in, what's a rough number when the RNG gods dislike you?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been taking a short vacation, Mom was in town! Thanks for the translation Benaiah, I'll get it updated...and I'll respond to you others as well this weekend, getting late tonight :( Edited by odawgg

odawgg could you have a look at what I am doing wrong? cs_zoltan already mentioned that I am not proccing Barrage on cooldown (Almost full 180 with Oriconian gear, 1 DF Relic, 1 Arkanian Relic, Full Augs, specced 5 / 36 /5).

http://www.torparse.com/a/673355

Just looking through it you can see rapid shots consisted of 5% of your dps. Further scrutiny will show that a lot of your rapid shots missed and they were doing small portions of dps. Looked through one section and you had about 12 gcds used on rapid shots. You don't even need to worry bout barrage just watch your heat and try to use anything other than rapid shots. Also don't start with death from above start with tracer whether instant or not it doesn't matter you just want that 25% armor pen from application. This will also proc your unload since barrage procs at 100% now.

very nice

@odawgg

New translation of the entire post, just copy paste it like the last one.

Updated! Thanks again :)

You mention you were extremely lucky, so if you don't mind me asking; what would you say your average parses look like? I find judging spec parses by statistical anomalies to be rather strange. Also, what would be a comparatively normal _low_ score whilst still doing nothing wrong. As in, what's a rough number when the RNG gods dislike you?

Without any 2.7 gear I would say I was averaging in the high 3800s. I usually stopped parses that were low :) but I’m sure I’d see some low 3700 parses, with a rare occurrence below 3.7k.

odawgg could you have a look at what I am doing wrong? cs_zoltan already mentioned that I am not proccing Barrage on cooldown (Almost full 180 with Oriconian gear, 1 DF Relic, 1 Arkanian Relic, Full Augs, specced 5 / 36 /5).

http://www.torparse.com/a/673355

Welcome to the thread! I saw your other post on the forums, so you probably posted this without reading the guide which is ok, but very first thing I would do is read through it…several times to let it soak in and just start working on one thing at a time. Start with the opener, I’ve pretty much laid out a solid opener that will bring you through your first Vent Heat. Start with TM as mentioned in the post above and save UL and DFA for fillers.

As CS_Zoltan said, you’re light on barrage procs, more specifically you’re averaging 10.5s between procs, try to get this as close to 9s as you can. You do this by keeping track of GCDs between procs and making sure the 6th GCD from the previous proc is a TM as laid out in the guide. Proc’ing Barrage more = more unloads which is an extremely heat efficient ability that does excellent damage.

There are several things you can work on here, and it all really just revolves around practice. Your APMs are a bit low but not terrible. I noticed several spots in the parse where you clipped Unload, this means you’re cancelling it early and not getting all 4 (8 including offhand) ticks in, so let the full cast finish. There are also some unwanted delays between abilities, if you’re not queuing all abilities (except during unload), make sure you do…You’re also leaving HSM and Rail Shot off cd a bit too long, they should be top priority after proc’ing barrage.

All in all, you just need more practice and repetition. Read through the guide a couple times, hit the dummy, go back and read more…go to the Arsenal Tips & Tricks section and after you’ve made improvements, read the “how to analyze your parse” and see what is lacking.

Good Luck!

I want to thank everyone who has visited this thread and especially the ones who have contributed to the discussion and helped shaped the spec to what it's become now! I also want to thank everyone (including the mandos) for electing me as your first Merc representative.

I've been playing SWTOR since early access and it's been a spectacular ride, but the time has come where Pizza'dah'hutt is hanging up his blasters and moving on to other things :( I've loved everything about this game and the players in the community. I have some RL things to focus my attention on and who knows, maybe I'll find my way back some day, but today I say goodbye to all of you and the wonderful virtual universe of SWTOR.

I could literally write for days about the memories I have, the things I'll miss but I will spare these forums :D I have posted my ramblings on our guild site http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2482819/viewthread/12842741-so-many-great-memories if you wish to read more. I will no longer be posting in this thread, the guide itself should stay fairly relevant for a while (I think) and if anyone wants to take over, anyone can feel free to copy whatever you want (some credit would be nice hehe) and create a new thread or leave this one up, whatever your heart desires. I leave it at the hands of you, the community.

I will miss you all!!!!

I want to thank everyone who has visited this thread and especially the ones who have contributed to the discussion and helped shaped the spec to what it's become now! I also want to thank everyone (including the mandos) for electing me as your first Merc representative.

I've been playing SWTOR since early access and it's been a spectacular ride, but the time has come where Pizza'dah'hutt is hanging up his blasters and moving on to other things :( I've loved everything about this game and the players in the community. I have some RL things to focus my attention on and who knows, maybe I'll find my way back some day, but today I say goodbye to all of you and the wonderful virtual universe of SWTOR.

I could literally write for days about the memories I have, the things I'll miss but I will spare these forums :D I have posted my ramblings on our guild site http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2482819/viewthread/12842741-so-many-great-memories if you wish to read more. I will no longer be posting in this thread, the guide itself should stay fairly relevant for a while (I think) and if anyone wants to take over, anyone can feel free to copy whatever you want (some credit would be nice hehe) and create a new thread or leave this one up, whatever your heart desires. I leave it at the hands of you, the community.

I will miss you all!!!!

:(

/5char

Odawgg, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Without you the class is doomed in the sole hands of BW, please, you are our only hope!

More seriously, thanks for everything and best of luck.

Oh no ... really :eek:

And who is gonna tell me now how to play my merc in DP NiM?!? How much hit rating do i need?!?

Ahh, i am totally screwed :confused: Damn.

But to be honest, i really wanna thank u for all ur work for my favourite class. Not only this guide with all the reliable theorycrafting and answers, but mostly for all ur presence here in the swtor forums.

I wish u good luck with ur RL stuff and really (selfishly) hope u will rejoin SW:ToR Community ... we will miss u!

Sorry to hear you're quitting, you're guide was helping me a lot the last months.

Yesterday, was a bad day for commandos and mercs, cashogy_reborn was announcing his retirement (from the forum) as well.

Edited by DerTaran

I will miss you all!!!!

Sad to see another great player and contributor to the community leaving. Thanks for everything you did for Merc/Mando, and good luck in the future! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...