Skill > All in 2.0

Caeliux

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name just one and if you even say Warcraft, Guildwars, AOC, Aion, Rift, I will laugh.

There is bits in some games that could be better than SWTOR, this game needs to think about opening up more warzones and adding some open world to it again.

I also think ARENA would be amazing for this game, it would cater to a whole different bunch of players that crave smaller tight nit competitive PVP.

Once that happens this PVP would be more balance and better than any PVP mmo alike.

Any other game besides SWTOR had balance issues with classes, and felt robust far as the PVP is concerned.

Trust me I have played them all from EQ to now, and I do mean them all.

Did you ever play competitive pvp for money or prices?

No? Then stop talking about good pvp please.

Here is your list:

1. Dota

2. LoL

3. Battlefield

4. Call of Duty

5. Guildwars

6. Counter Strike

7. Starcraft I and II

8. Warcraft 3

9. Fifa

and so on

Games where you can or could win millions. SWTOR is nothing compared to this. Me and my premade group are still winning 95% of the games, but it's just no fun since the wins are worthless.

People like you are fishes. We eat them.

I like the change because I would rather be beaten by a skilled player in pvp vs someone who is rich and decided to gear their new character with 5mil credits. I've noticed that I am doing alot better in pvp now in comparison to other players :). Edited by MarkXXIV

Here is your list:

1. Dota

2. LoL

3. Battlefield

4. Call of Duty

5. Guildwars

6. Counter Strike

7. Starcraft I and II

8. Warcraft 3

9. Fifa

and so on

Games where you can or could win millions. SWTOR is nothing compared to this. Me and my premade group are still winning 95% of the games, but it's just no fun since the wins are worthless.

You're winning because you're better than they :)

It's not because you have better gear.

So I've been playing on my 42 GS against 50+s who are all ensuring that they are missing the right pieces and wearing the right PvE gear...AND I'M STILL CLOWNING THEM!!

How bad does it feel when you, a 50 or higher who is exploiting the naked/pve bug to the 9s, and you STILL get clowned by a sub 50?! Same thing has been happening on my Scoundrel (30) and my Commando (32)...

...just so many TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE PvPers. Thanks for the kills! You guys suck!

I've played against other great 50+ players and as always, keep rocking the kills mang!

...but to the rest of these 50+ PvPers...you guys are just about as bad as bad gets.

This post is just filled with awesome. I also love this bolster system, it's just insane how many people fold when things are balanced.

Here is your list:

1. Dota

2. LoL

3. Battlefield

4. Call of Duty

5. Guildwars

6. Counter Strike

7. Starcraft I and II

8. Warcraft 3

9. Fifa

and so on

I don't get why you compare SWTOR to those game, SWTOR is a mmo, and compare to real pvp game, mmo-pvp is a joke.

Read it and weep, Bolster has provided tools for people to become better. Sure gear progression is fun if you like that old ball and wax. But when it comes to PVP when a game needs good players the skill will over trump gear now in 2.0 till 55.

I like 2.0 and think this was the best move for this game, now even the casual player can contribute alot more without the gear gap.

*If you want a gear progression then go raid, or get 55.

*If you want competitive PVP then makes some alts and enjoy the ride to 55.

*If you can't handle the heat of PVP and the changes, then go to another game that don't care about balance.

Bolster has actually balanced PVP in SWTOR, thats right all the classes are viable now.

All the crying and complaining is retarded, and TBH this change saved this game and made it 10 times better than before.

Sure Bioware catered to the casual, and made the game easier to PVP in with all the classes, and if you are bad now then you was bad before.

If people can't handle these great changes then don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine, cause it can't get any better than this in a mmo.

What you think Warcraft has balance?

Yea thought so. :D

/fin

+1 from me

Name just one and if you even say Warcraft, Guildwars, AOC, Aion, Rift, I will laugh.

Did you even read what I wrote or do you NOT know the difference between an MMO and true PVP games?

You are promoting FPS style PVP, so why would I compare SWTOR with other MMOs?

Here is your list:

1. Dota

2. LoL

3. Battlefield

4. Call of Duty

5. Guildwars

6. Counter Strike

7. Starcraft I and II

8. Warcraft 3

9. Fifa

and so on

Right on - many of those games would have been on my list too!

You (and apparently Bioware too) want SWTOR PVP to be like FPS PVP - no gear gap, no progression.

Go play LoL or Dota, CoD , Halo or Planetside and compare it to PVP in SWTOR - day and night!

I'm telling you that SWTOR PVP can NEVER compete in that area because it is inferior in almost all aspects compared to those games. All it has going for it is the Star Wars theme, and that's just not enough to carry it.

If Bioware alienates the traditional MMO players who want progression, in favor of FPS players like yourself, SWTOR as whole will ultimately fail.

i've been really enjoying my deception assassin since the update, quite possibly the most fun i've ever had playing this game. in my experience the matches now feel much more kinetic/dynamic. at first i was butt-hurt about my gear, but have been enjoying the war zones immensely nonetheless.

You underestimate the power of not having to worry about gear, and having to worry about being outplayed by guilds and premades outgearing the playing field..

Yes Bolster has provided a comfort for those that worried about being outgeared but midnight heros.

All people have to do now from 10-55 is get better, and not make excuses why they lose games.

So yes Skill > ALL.

I underestimate nothing. The current bolster system is broken, people are being killed in 2-3 GCD's. There is no thought process going on in any match. No need to pay attention to your CD's, no need to time your stuns, why bother? The minute you target someone they are going to die as soon as you open up on there. There is ZERO skill involved in the current system and the ONLY people who like it right now are the players who were terrible at pvp before and are enjoying the easy 1,2,3 kill scenarios going on right now.

I underestimate nothing. The current bolster system is broken, people are being killed in 2-3 GCD's. There is no thought process going on in any match. No need to pay attention to your CD's, no need to time your stuns, why bother? The minute you target someone they are going to die as soon as you open up on there. There is ZERO skill involved in the current system and the ONLY people who like it right now are the players who were terrible at pvp before and are enjoying the easy 1,2,3 kill scenarios going on right now.

Oh you mean like how pre 2.0 it took zero skill/setup for someone in EWH gear to kill someone who was gearing up? Let me guess you are a butthurt Pyro PT who actually has to use his brain to kill someone now?

Oh you mean like how pre 2.0 it took zero skill/setup for someone in EWH gear to kill someone who was gearing up? Let me guess you are a butthurt Pyro PT who actually has to use his brain to kill someone now?

*facepalm* ...there is nothing I can say that won't land me a warning so I'm just going to keep facepalming and then slowly laugh at you.

Here is your list:

1. Dota Old

2. LoL Not a mmo

3. Battlefield Not a mmo

4. Call of Duty Not a mmo

5. Guildwars Pvp sucks

6. Counter Strike Not a mmo

7. Starcraft I and II Not a mmo

8. Warcraft 3 Not a mmo

9. Fifa The hell KINDA GAME IS THIS? :mad:

and so on

So you eat fish, do you use tarter sauce?

My answers in Red.

And of course SWTOR to those games don't compare, those games are off topic to this thread.

Please stay on topic.

Thanks.

Edited by Caeliux

There is ZERO skill involved in the current system and the ONLY people who like it right now are the players who were terrible at pvp before and are enjoying the easy 1,2,3 kill scenarios going on right now.

So your geting killed and want to blame the Bolster for it?

I am laughing, that means the system is working and people are geting better. :D

Good for them!

Did you even read what I wrote or do you NOT know the difference between an MMO and true PVP games?

You are promoting FPS style PVP, so why would I compare SWTOR with other MMOs?

Right on - many of those games would have been on my list too!

You (and apparently Bioware too) want SWTOR PVP to be like FPS PVP - no gear gap, no progression.

Go play LoL or Dota, CoD , Halo or Planetside and compare it to PVP in SWTOR - day and night!

I'm telling you that SWTOR PVP can NEVER compete in that area because it is inferior in almost all aspects compared to those games. All it has going for it is the Star Wars theme, and that's just not enough to carry it.

If Bioware alienates the traditional MMO players who want progression, in favor of FPS players like yourself, SWTOR as whole will ultimately fail.

Ahh, soory. You missunderstood me. I am for gear progression. Thats a list for all these people who wants perfect fair PVP and super face pace. For me, I play this game cause I want to farm gear and progress with my character.

So your geting killed and want to blame the Bolster for it?

I am laughing, that means the system is working and people are geting better. :D

Good for them!

You have to be trolling. No one can possible be this ignorant. You seriously think killing people in 2 GCD's is skill? I'm not even talking about gear right now. You and so many others are so fixated on the gear thing that it is *********** pathetic. No one cares about the gear right now, the problem is they ****ed with expertise AGAIN and bolster just made it worse. TTK is completely out of whack and if anything and the current balance is WORSE than before. There is no skill involved with these 8-9k bursts and people dieing in 2-3 GCD's.

If you truly believe that after 2.0 you suddenly have skill then you are BEYOND deluded. So I seriously hope you are trolling right now, but then again, it's swtor forums, so I guess it wouldn't be hard for me to believe that there is such ignorance.

Edited by Raansu

Then lets apply bolster to PvE raid content as well, after all why should I have to grind out gear for that either. If it is all about skill, then we should all raid with the same stats and gear. Then the game can be a happy little utopia and completely fail.

I don't care about PvE content, I only engage in it to level up and then dailies to spending money. So if PvP progression is going to be removed from the game, I will be moving on. If I wanted to play a game with next to no character progression in PvP I would be playing GWII and not paying to play SWToR. The current bolster system is an account ending system for me.

You have to be trolling. No one can possible be this ignorant. You seriously think killing people in 2 GCD's is skill? I'm not even talking about gear right now. You and so many others are so fixated on the gear thing that it is *********** pathetic. No one cares about the gear right now, the problem is they ****ed with expertise AGAIN and bolster just made it worse. TTK is completely out of whack and if anything and the current balance is WORSE than before. There is no skill involved with these 8-9k bursts and people dieing in 2-3 GCD's.

If you truly believe that after 2.0 you suddenly have skill then you are BEYOND deluded. So I seriously hope you are trolling right now, but then again, it's swtor forums, so I guess it wouldn't be hard for me to believe that there is such ignorance.

thats not possible to kill some1 in 2 gcd, even he is afk ...

and btw i agree with OP and dont mix pve and pvp here ...

You have to be trolling. No one can possible be this ignorant. You seriously think killing people in 2 GCD's is skill? I'm not even talking about gear right now.

If someone gets blown up in 2 GCD's without being able to do anything about it then yea, the person doing that 2 GCD's outplayed the person defending.

If someone can't understand they are being attacked and can't LOS the damage then someone needs to get better.

Sure sometimes focus happens and there is nothing you can do about it, but there is times where a skilled player will use skill, and that is where good players shine when things get dim.

The Bolster has added better health and defense, so if players can't adapt to it then they need to get good, other players is taking advantage and geting better with skill and time.

It's that simple, Skill > ALL.

You underestimate the power of not having to worry about gear, and having to worry about being outplayed by guilds and premades outgearing the playing field..

Yes Bolster has provided a comfort for those that worried about being outgeared but midnight heros.

All people have to do now from 10-55 is get better, and not make excuses why they lose games.

So yes Skill > ALL.

I still predict much QQing about premades in the sub-55 brackets. Healing is even more important now than it ever was when it comes to the effect it has on TTK. Hard enough to get a healer in a PUG; which I still am in strong debate about maining a class that has healing due to that, but there also is something to be said about PUG being terrible at peels or throwing taunts and guards.

Then again; that really isn't a bolster issue.

Read it and weep, Bolster has provided tools for people to become better. Sure gear progression is fun if you like that old ball and wax. But when it comes to PVP when a game needs good players the skill will over trump gear now in 2.0 till 55.

I like 2.0 and think this was the best move for this game, now even the casual player can contribute alot more without the gear gap.

*If you want a gear progression then go raid, or get 55.

*If you want competitive PVP then makes some alts and enjoy the ride to 55.

*If you can't handle the heat of PVP and the changes, then go to another game that don't care about balance.

Bolster has actually balanced PVP in SWTOR, thats right all the classes are viable now.

All the crying and complaining is retarded, and TBH this change saved this game and made it 10 times better than before.

Sure Bioware catered to the casual, and made the game easier to PVP in with all the classes, and if you are bad now then you was bad before.

If people can't handle these great changes then don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine, cause it can't get any better than this in a mmo.

What you think Warcraft has balance?

Yea thought so. :D

/fin

*yawn*

Congratulations on another useless thread. Thank you for cluttering up the PvP forums with something you could have just as easily posted in an existing topic. We are currently experiencing some 'care' downtime, and are unable to prove an estimate of when 'care' will be back up again.

All updates will be posted in this thread.

May the Force be with you!

Quoted for further appreciation.

Then lets apply bolster to PvE raid content as well, after all why should I have to grind out gear for that either. If it is all about skill, then we should all raid with the same stats and gear.

Dont forget: They should remove levels as well.

It is cleary unfair that some people are more powerful just because they have spent more time playing the game. There should be level playing field, where skill is the only determining factor, right?

After this, they should review classes. It is cleary unfair that some classes have abilites like stealth for example, when others do not have them. It is cleary unfair that some people playing the game have abilites which are very useful in certain situations while other do not have them. Level playing field, people...

Finally, rework the combat system to make GCD and fixed targeting disappear. Headshots should deal extra damage, so that "real" players can use their skill to achieve victory...

:rolleyes: