The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

REMOVE Bolster from level 55 warzones!

Yelloweyedemon

I am perfeclty fine with bolster at lower levels, cause everyone needs to be on par no matter the level for obvious reasons. But there is no reason to have such a system in top-level pvp especially when there are two sets of PVP ARMOUR.

I'm at full partisan atm (MK-6 augmented full), and i just miss 1 relic, in which i have my previous EWH. I'm at 27 k health buffed.

I came across some people having 26-27k NAKED. Giving the same stats to everyone makes no sense at all. This is an MMORPG where gear plays a significant role. If i wanted to play pvp where eveyone starts at same level and can't improve (gear-wise) I would play a FPS game.

My suggestion would be to either lower the bolster boost (To al least WH level, and less exp that partisan), or to completelly remove it from 55, and give a starter gear right away to new 55's (again in WH level with less exp than Partisan).

If this system stays for long, I can't see many serious PvP'ers stay in this game. At the moment gear does not matter at all, and in some occasions you have dissadvantages by wearing pvp gear WHILE IN PVP.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you guys will be nerded out in 55wz before long and it will be back to gear based skill once again. At least pvp is fun for people without 50000 hours of playtime for a while...maybe some people will actually stay longer.

This game went nearly dead, in no small part, because of the wildly imbalanced pvp at 50.

Well, this is depressing. I was holding out hope that it was only the lower brackets that were lolsterified.

Oh BW, what were you thinking? :(

Indeed, I can't believe they bringing everyone on-par for end-game content.

And it is also annoying when you play Star Wars, to see naked people running around holding lightsabers.. lol

They're not going to remove it. At least not for a long while.

Even @ 55, the Bolster system encourages more people to PvP since the gear gap has been reduced to the point of non-existence. Players won't need fully modded/optimized gear sets to be competitive in ranked PvP now, and even the "elite" players should have the foresight to see that.

There has been very little interest in ranked teams for a long time. Inexperienced teams are still going to get stomped for awhile, but at least the 2.0 system encourages them to keep trying without having to worry about gear grinding.

I am sure you guys will be nerded out in 55wz before long and it will be back to gear based skill once again. At least pvp is fun for people without 50000 hours of playtime for a while...maybe some people will actually stay longer.

This game went nearly dead, in no small part, because of the wildly imbalanced pvp at 50.

Since 1.7 where WH became basic gear, getting gear on this game is stupidly easy. It takes 2 days for a hardcore gamer and 1 and a half week for a casual player. For END GAME gear...

Also as I've said before, just loging in and see everyone on par no matter playtime/gear is not MMORPG matterial...

This isn't a FPS game.

Elite WH gear is not a "week" of work, not to mention the operation gear, augmenting etc. But I hear what you are saying.

You can still go rape people in open world pvp, which with more people playing might actually happen. But mini-game pvp should be balanced imo. Unbalanced games are no fun for either side, well at least for people who want to play to have fun. What we should be asking for is more open-world pvp, because segregating a pvp server makes no sense to true pvpers. Might as well go roll on a pve server, almost no difference.

I don't have a problem with bolster, or even naked boldster prior to 55; maybe even in 55 regs while people work toward gear; but I do think there should be gear progression and a reason to do so. 55 ranked should not have bolster; and I still am crying for more open world faction based PvP content to where bolster is not always present.

What gets me is; 5 warzones to repeated at infinitum with no rewards or reason to is just not enough to keep things from getting stale. Even adding warzones only adds more of the same to be easily stale within a couple weeks due to it using the same basic mechanics and team structure. Like grinding or not; it has always been the source of content of MMO in some way, shape or form.

Sure. Can be fun to PvP just for the sake of PvP for a while, but things do get old.

Edited by Technohic

LOL - I thought bolster wasnt included in 55 PVP? This is awesome .. Now I dont have to gear grind to play PvP .. Wait why do i need to PvP if theres no gear reward .. ?

Are you a farmer? I play pvp cause it's fun lol..

there are so many threads like this, it's not even worth doing any debates...

bolster is good. I'm sick and tired of people in leveling greens getting owned by elite pvpers.

tune it few% down maybe.

skill>gear

First of all there's not much skill involved in some classes. Especially when there are 3 button playstyle classes. People may change their minds when every single marauder/jugg is jumping to the group dealing 9k AoE damage.

Also this system encourages FotM classes. It was bad as it was before, immagine what it will be now... All you have to do is just level to 55 and PvP without any gear but green weapons...

Bolster is here to stay, live with it.

And even bugged and seeing people naked is much better than the times when Battlemasters guys exploiting Ilum or later WH vs Recruit just made warzones a slaughterhouse cos the gear and not the skill.

Naked guys will be fixed but Bolster is a step foward.

And even bugged and seeing people naked is much better than the times when Battlemasters guys exploiting Ilum or later WH vs Recruit just made warzones a slaughterhouse cos the gear and not the skill.

It is a step forward? You know what this is? A way for FTP to enjoy the game more but they will lose subs from PVP's... Only questions is how many... Well FTP and PVE guys...

For me the moment I entered WZ and lvl 50 pvp gear was worse then lvl 50 pve gear and worse then lvl 30 greens and below this game was over for me... Yeah I don't feel like stomping over the rest but lvl 50 ending up not somewhat better then lvl 30 greens (WORSE its just EPIC CREP) is not acceptable.

Forward? To what? Aiming to lure more casual players that play twice a week, while losing all your serious PvP'ers?

In which serious MMORPG gear does not matter or does not play a significant role?

Guild Wars 2. :X (I think.)

But their PvP sucks.

At least they have better WZ type of scenarios... Also big open map (whatever it was called) to conquer... SWTOR has nothing but 5 (was it 5?) WZs....

I do agree! EA are doing something about pvp after all thought..

This is why i think that way is better:

1. Better balance in warzones

2. Bigger interest in World pvp

3. Bigger interest in ranked warzones

4. Favor to the skilled players not the geared ones!

5. Favor to players that enjoy multiple character gameing and don't have the time to gear them all

/signed

And to all people that think gear is not equal to skill, in a MMO it is. Gear is not just a time sink, stat allocation and priority is a skill that is pivotal in understanding your strengths and weaknesses as an Advanced Class.

In augmented & min/maxed WH pre-2.0 I beat plenty of augmented & min/maxed EWH in isolated 1v1s.

Bolster does not belong in the 55 WZ bracket at all.