2.0 Update is Disappointing

WhiteBoyWill

I did not buy the expansion because I wanted to see what the new stuff would look like, and I have to say, it is pathetic. I understand it is hard to come up with fresh ideas for armor but recoloring armor sets and bringing in old armor from last patch is supposed to excite us? PvP gear is the same with both low and high gear just a different color. Then the PvE gear is just the PvP gear but a different color. And the weapons are just weapons from the last cartel packs with different names. It is a shame. I was expecting somewhat diverse armor and weapon sets. Not the same armor and weapon copied and pasted four times. SWTOR lost a Founder subscriber today

I did not buy the expansion because I wanted to see what the new stuff would look like, and I have to say, it is pathetic. I understand it is hard to come up with fresh ideas for armor but recoloring armor sets and bringing in old armor from last patch is supposed to excite us? PvP gear is the same with both low and high gear just a different color. Then the PvE gear is just the PvP gear but a different color. And the weapons are just weapons from the last cartel packs with different names. It is a shame. I was expecting somewhat diverse armor and weapon sets. Not the same armor and weapon copied and pasted four times. SWTOR lost a Founder subscriber today

So the entire extent of 2.0 being disappointing is the lack of new gear/weapon looks?

Mmm, k.

So, ur argument its because the bad look gear ?

Fail post.

Actually agree with this guys post...

Do these people have any sort of imagination? Can they not bring something new (as in gear) to the table?

Anyone that thinks it is fair to come out with an xpac with the same old re hashed re skinned gear, is a fan boy. I will stand up for the op, because I believe that this dev team is lazy as ****, and they are trying to weasel as much money out of the player base before the fail boat , that is tor, sinks...

These people can't get anything right. At least I have the planet to look forward to.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

When are you people going to understand that this is Capitalist America. As far as these expansions go, and the content within having the ability to appease the populace, there have already been meetings and demographics predicting the satisfaction of the gaming community as a whole. If the projection they make is not profitable, they scrap the projection. They count on the average gamer to not pay attention to something being just a different color, but to the stats of the items themselves. And you bet yer hiney that every piece of scenery you see on Makeb is recycled scenery and pixels from other parts of the game. But none of that matters!!!! It's new content. it costed 10 bucks. you get 5 more levels out of it, upgraded gear and a few new items. isn't that what you want as an elite lvl whatever gamer that spends most of their time on this game? to be better than everyone else? you got it and it was only 10 bucks. get over yourselves.

Well I bought the expansion before the January deadline for early access.

I'm not one of those who must rush to get stuff done, but for the price that it was sold to subscribers for it was a no brainer.

The expansion gives you more levels, a decent storyline and probably the best environment for a world to date, above all it gets you away from the endless drudgery dailies and ops in the endgame which I loathe.

It seemed fairly obvious to me then that if you wanted anything else in the game then you'd have to pay for it and no I don't class the Cartel Market as a worthwhile expense, all of my Cartel Coins have been used to pay for character upgrades rather than equipment for trash lucky dip boxes.

Let's not forget that without the expac HMFPs are untankable.

You can't do the level 55 HM FPs without the expac anyway, so there's no issue there.

Now if you're referring to the level 50 HM FPs then you're wrong. I was just in a HM Kaon that someone without early access tanked. That being the case they had full Black Hole gear and thus were significantly overgearing it.

I am a little disappointed that all the end game sets are rather samey, but you don't have to wear them. This game has orange armor for a reason so if you don't like the look of the end game set just rip the mods out and put them in something you DO like.

I have been complaining about the lack of diversity in the armor sets in this game since the damn get go. Especially when they launched F2P everything they released into the CM as "new" was just recolored of ones already in game.

When I saw the new armor sets for the DLC I also made QQ posts and they got ignored. It is just something I now know will never EVER change. Bioware is just "that" type of developer I guess.

i lol at this post

as a founder player i for 1 am happy for the first time in a long time with them and i havent even seen the new planet yet

they got rid of the many useless end game sets that were the worst looking sets in the game gave us black hole gear as base gear and as many have said you have gold pieces for looks as well if thats your style i personally like the look of the bh gear

,I need some help, where does he say why he did buy the expansion?

It's isn't about the gear with me. It's more about the content. Instead of actually making unique fp's for level 55 players, they take existing content and screw people who haven't bought or will not buy the expansion.

To me, it's looking like a subscription isn't worth it when you still have to shell out for the extras even if you are a sub.

It's not about the money either, it's just the fact that I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth even with a sub.

I'll continue playing and re-evaluate if I'm staying or going when the time comes, not that it matters to anyone here, including bioware/ea.

Rant over.

I did not buy the expansion because I wanted to see what the new stuff would look like

Anyone with a semblance of intelligence should of stopped reading after the fist sentence.

Edited by Odyseus

I was expecting somewhat diverse armor and weapon sets. Not the same armor and weapon copied and pasted four times. SWTOR lost a Founder subscriber today

I find it interesting that every time people make comments like this, they never identify even a single idea as to what they would expect from armor and weapons. Were you hoping for a clown outfit? A ballerina costume? Doctor's scrubs? Telephone poles for melee players to swing? A rocket launcher for assault cannon users? A set of steak knives for ranged players to throw? Things like armor and weapon design are completely subjective. These people who just tell us they are disappointed because BW didn't "wow" them with new armor or weapons contribute nothing to the process. How about you describe what you wanted to see? Tell us about some ideas for weapons? There's only so much that can be done with dozens and dozens of armor sets and weapons without getting ridiculous. I'm not saying the armor or weapons have knocked my socks off....but I'm not gonna rant in the forums or ragequit over it either.

Completely agree! When I noticed this the other day I posted something similar. I don't know why they think its ok to do this?!? For something as important as that you would think they would put a little creativity into it, but nope guess not. What happend to cross server ranked warzones as well?? Been in Pre-Season foreeever! Edited by chriscruiz

I find it interesting that every time people make comments like this, they never identify even a single idea as to what they would expect from armor and weapons. Were you hoping for a clown outfit? A ballerina costume? Doctor's scrubs? Telephone poles for melee players to swing? A rocket launcher for assault cannon users? A set of steak knives for ranged players to throw? Things like armor and weapon design are completely subjective. These people who just tell us they are disappointed because BW didn't "wow" them with new armor or weapons contribute nothing to the process. How about you describe what you wanted to see? Tell us about some ideas for weapons? There's only so much that can be done with dozens and dozens of armor sets and weapons without getting ridiculous. I'm not saying the armor or weapons have knocked my socks off....but I'm not gonna rant in the forums or ragequit over it either.

"I don't know! Just something NOT THAT!"

That's as much as you'll get out of most of them.

Really though... Who wants two sets of pvp/pve armor that are identical with different paint jobs?? If I thought it would matter I'd go into full detail and post some pics as well... Just as an example the new Eradicator's Warsuit that was put in the Cartel Market would have been a nice looking PvP set for Jedi Knights!

Amazing how no one cares how their characters look. Why play the game if you don't care about what your character looks like? WOW has failed when it comes to looks for gear and weapons. For SWTOR, cool looking gear and weapons is all we have to look forward to. The expansion has no new story class missions or companion story. So I can understand what the OP is saying to an extent. But I won't go to any other game ATM because none have that cool factor.