The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at being naked and stats going up even more.

instead of the BAD bolster they have given us they should have given each advanced class set stats and let skill decide who wins. this bolster system is really bad.

Edited by Slicktime

in with my 2 cents...or was it 5?

my 6 tionese pieces bought with the 99 comendations (those from the quest after finnishing lvl 50) > naked > EWH/WH

some weird dude was "arguing" that the WH/EWH gear is obsolete and it does no longer exist!!! how about pvping in 6 tionese PVE (does this one exist anymore?) gear with 25k life vs naked 24k life vs 19k life in full pvp gear. It makes no sense that the gear that is is no longer up for sale (by no means obsolete until you get another superior pvp gear) but designed for a specific purpose is now inferior to the gear that was not designed for that purpose. Or no gear at all. That argument is as idiotic as saying that because a Shelby GT500 from 1969 is no longer produced and obsolete, I should therefore buy a Smart if I want speed and muscle...

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Wait... But you already

For example, we are squashing bugs that cause the ‘Naked Bolsterer’ issue.
LOL! Just LOL!

Yes, if by "lessen" you mean that lvl 50 pvp gear gives "negative" stats now so you are off better naked, you are right.

If by "lessen", however, you mean that it will simply close an otherwise huge potential gear gap and makes pvp balanced without completly ignoring item progression, then NO, this not what the current bolster systems seems to do.

I already stated that current 50 pvp gear is worse than obsolete. It gives you negative stats because the new bolster doesn't calculate it correctly and why should it? That gear no longer exists. Moving forward though (after players realize WH/EWH is only good now for their appearance) I think bolster will do it's best to ignore item progression ie high lvl gear being way better than low lvl gear.

So people in maxed out PvP gear are getting murdered and are complaining about gear imbalance...looks up irony in the dictionary... lol.

Waiting for QQ thread about full naked level 10 premades.

Edited by Boch

I cannot, for the life of me, understand this change. The way it was explained before the patch was that bolster would put people close to, but not actually better than, WH and EWH.

But now its here we have the exact opposite. The top tier of PvP gear wiped out in an instant. Am I alone in saying that it took me weeks to get there only to have it rendered meaningless - and for what?

What is the thinking behind that? Anyone?

WOW Seriously?

yeah...seriously :/

1914 expertise on my WH/EWH set (3 EWH pieces, rest WH), 2004 expertise with 7 tionese pieces (not 6, sorry) and naked for the rest

edit: not to post again

I cannot, for the life of me, understand this change. The way it was explained before the patch was that bolster would put people close to, but not actually better than, WH and EWH.

But now its here we have the exact opposite. The top tier of PvP gear wiped out in an instant. Am I alone in saying that it took me weeks to get there only to have it rendered meaningless - and for what?

What is the thinking behind that? Anyone?

What was the reason for the Ilum PVP fiasco at launch? I do know that SWTOR is PVE oriented, but I seriously wonder, without over criticising, who is doing the pvp testing?! Do they have PVP testing?! Was this issue/bug present on the public test servers or it just popped up now?! and if it was present on PTS why did they launched it with bugs?...again?

Edited by LanceGabriell

Just recorded a naked warzone (with before and after stats at the start).

It... ain't pretty, I've been playing my operative recently, so I'm a little rusty on my commando. But it gives an idea.

Encoding now, I'll post a link when I have it.

As promised:

Give it a bit to process on youtube. It should be 1080p when done.

I was at 1920 expertise in EWH. It broke 2k when I stripped off.

Derp.

Edited by Jherad

yeah...seriously :/

1914 expertise on my WH/EWH set (3 EWH pieces, rest WH), 2004 expertise with 7 tionese pieces (not 6, sorry) and naked for the rest

Methinks that is higher than recruit level....

Edited by L-RANDLE

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Big clap biofail, We were telling you this on the PTS you said you guys listened........

even Alex Modny's blog said about this naked issue, is it fixed? pfffttttttttttttt

So people in maxed out PvP gear are getting murdered and are complaining about gear imbalance...looks up irony in the dictionary... lol.

Yeah, how dare those PVP players to expect to be competive in PVP by using designated PVP gear, aquired by doing PVP. How dare they do expect they should even be able to beat naked players in this gear...

The Madness!

As promised:

Derp.

And your END went up... Main nerfed a bit, but LOL....

Looks like there is a tipping point though.... and you still need things like crit/surge/etc.

Looks like Ms. Cleo was right again!!

I am still wondering about this... you have one hand, a PvE geared player getting an EXP boost to have them slightly lower than PvP geared players, but what about the hybrid gear builds (since I do both, but heavily slanted towards PvP), like myself. Will we be godmode?

We shall see.

Soon™

Oh and...

Winter is Coming...:(

Edited by L-RANDLE

Yeah, how dare those PVP players to expect to be competive in PVP by using designated PVP gear, aquired by doing PVP. How dare they do expect they should even be able to beat naked players in this gear...

The Madness!

I maybe wrong here but can't they just rip out their mods and such and be pretty even with everyone else who is naked. If this is the case its seems like the QQ is about not having a gear advantage, and they maybe exposed for there lack of skill.

Looks like there is a tipping point though.... and you still need things like crit/surge/etc.

When I do it my main stat increases as well as my expertise and my endurance.... I really don't care, I was dropping people like flies anyhow, but I usually do that, just never got so many 7k crits and 6k -5k crits all at the same time before.

I maybe wrong here but can't they just rip out their mods and such and be pretty even with everyone else who is naked. If this is the case its seems like the QQ is about not having a gear advantage, and they maybe exposed for there lack of skill.

Not only did they marginalize the gear, now you expect people to pay for mod removal?

Sorry, but pfft...

As promised:

Give it a bit to process on youtube. It should be 1080p when done.

Derp.

lol higher quality man, I was actually enjoying your trooper gameplay.

i really dont care how broken 10-54 is but im just guessing based on what ive seen so far that 55 is gonna be so broken now.

If Bolster is in 55 RWZs, then the entire PvP gear grind and endgame is a complete farce.

Worst PvP Dev team ever. We warned them about this on the PTS, over and over. Once again, BW didn't listen.

Game just seems broken, not sure what the dev team was thinking, and now NAKED pvp is the best pvp from what I am hearing by everyone.

Not naked. It depends on the tier you are in. If you are in the 30-54 bracket, wear the worst level 30 gear you can find. You will have better stats in that junky gear than in your min/maxed WH gear. It's no longer a race to get the best gear in PvP. It's now a race to wear the worst junk you can find. What a pathetic joke. lol

interesting.. sounds like it is indeed not working as intended. another bioware screw up >=/

Yep. The worst gamebreaking bug yet for PvP. BW actually broke WZ PvP with Bolster.

lol at "fair" & "even" terms. You grind to rise in level, you grind to get BiS. Giving people stats that you earned makes the whole time and effort pointless.

People thought the players giving feedback from the PTS were kidding? It's been clear all along that grinding PvP gear in RotHC with the new Bolster system is completely unnecessary. In fact, wearing PvP gear hurts you in landscape PvE due to the stat deficiencies.

guess the broken PTS warzones didnt change much before they went live.

They changed...to a different iteration of broken. lol

/facepalm

Whats weird is that my stats bounced up and down as I took various things off. I have some of my mods in custom shells (cartel, social gear etc) and some in original EWH shells - I'm wondering if the new bolster treats them differently.

Methinks that is higher than recruit level....

Thanks amasing to watch your stat increase while dressing off and your superior dps, contra dressed Sith's.

It will be a lot of naked toon's on fleet when I finally can log in.

Chrysanthe