Do we need to finish class quests in order to play on Makeb?

KTap

After a quick search I couldn't find an answer.

I have multiple characters who are level 50 but have not completed their class quests completely.

I would assume that since Makeb has no class missions that this wouldn't matter, but I would prefer not to be surprised on release and have to finish class quests before I get to go to Makeb.

Edited by KTap

While there is no class specific story line, the expansion will feature a general Republic and Imperial story line on Makeb. In the video below, Dulfy shows us the first cut-scene of the Republic story-line. The Imperial is also available on her site. As she states in the comments, you will begin the mission on the holo-terminal on your ship. I can only assume that you will need to complete your class story up to this point since the expansion is technically Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. (http://www.swtor-spy.com/blog/304/chapter-4-rise-of-the-hutt-cartel/)

While there is no class specific story line, the expansion will feature a general Republic and Imperial story line on Makeb. In the video below, Dulfy shows us the first cut-scene of the Republic story-line. The Imperial is also available on her site. As she states in the comments, you will begin the mission on the holo-terminal on your ship. I can only assume that you will need to complete your class story up to this point since the expansion is technically Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. (http://www.swtor-spy.com/blog/304/chapter-4-rise-of-the-hutt-cartel/)

Hmm highlighting that chapter 4 item, there aren't any requirements listed. It just says it unlocks chapter 4 for your character or account...

Thanks for the info though, now I'm even more confused knowing it's chapter 4 lol :confused:

Related to this: I started wondering this morning if we were going to be required to complete Ilum before moving on to Makeb.

I've only played through Ilum completely with one of my characters.

I would be surprised if that were the case, though I could see the logic. Both Ilum and Makeb are planetary quest lines.

Why havent you finished your 50s class quests? Why not finish them and leave nothing to chance?

I have multiples of certain characters who I've already completed the story line for.

There's no need for me to complete the stories again and I pvp'd my way to 50 on some of them.

However, I still pve on these characters and being locked from makeb would make me sad ;)

There have been a lot of cheaters lately. There are several players who hit level 50 exploiting on Ilum.

You don't need to cheat to get to level 50 without completing your class mission. I usually hit 50 around Belsavis after doing Warzones and Flashpoints regularly. You also gain more XP by being in a group, which I do often.

You can also start doing your Belsavis dailies at level 48, which gain you a large amount of XP.

Edited by flyersfan

You don't need to cheat to get to level 50 without completing your class mission. I usually hit 50 around Belsavis after doing Warzones and Flashpoints regularly. You also gain more XP by being in a group, which I do often.

You can also start doing your Belsavis dailies at level 48, which gain you a large amount of XP.

SirCopperfield may hate me for pointing this out, but Belsavis and ilum dalies open at 47, not 48. Try soloing them in greens at 47 if you think the game's too easy :rak_01:

We better have to finish our class missions before being allowed on Makeb.

I don't want to see any Johnny Come Lately level 50's who exploited on Ilum.

I never thought I'd agree with Copperfield, but...

He has a point.

Players who powerlevel without completing their class stories and then say "SWTOR doesn't have enough content!" are their own worst enemy.

Why in the world would you not have to complete your class quest?

RotHC is chapter 4.

Chapter 4 cannot start until chapter 3 is completed.

And chapter 4 starts when you finish your class quest and go into Intermission. It even says it on your screen, "Chapter 4: Intermission - blah blah blah story stuff blah blah blah".

Not to mention this is just going to be how it is going forward. We will get a 5 level expansion that will be class specific, and then 5 levels that are faction specific. They need way more time for class stories than a general faction story. Which means that they can have two teams running and pop out two faction expansions for the length of time of every one class story expansion.

Edited by Dawginole

I've finished the same class quests on different characters, why should I have to do them again to play the content I payed for?

I have multiples of certain characters who I've already completed the story line for.

There's no need for me to complete the stories again and I pvp'd my way to 50 on some of them.

However, I still pve on these characters and being locked from makeb would make me sad ;)

Edit:

I never thought I'd agree with Copperfield, but...

He has a point.

Players who powerlevel without completing their class stories and then say "SWTOR doesn't have enough content!" are their own worst enemy.

I never said anything about "not enough content," I just don't feel the need to do the same story line I've already done.

If it is required, that's not a big deal and I'll do it, I would just prefer not to do it if it was unnecessary.

Since nobody really knows, I guess I'm hoping for a dev response at this point.

Edited by KTap

I've finished the same class quests on different characters, why should I have to do them again to play the content I payed for?

Can you name me one game in which you don't have to open the new content on each character you play? The only game I can even think of that is like this is FFXI because it uses a job system instead of starting new alt characters. So if you created George and beat Super Boss as a capped Monk and then switched to a lvl 1 Ninja. You still had Super Boss beat. But on the other hand, if I logged out of George and logged into Bob on that game or WoW or anything else I still had to beat the content twice because it was on a different character.

What you're asking is sort of like if I hit the last prestige level in Call of Duty on one of my xbox accounts and then complained to MS that they wouldn't just give me the top prestige level on my other account because I had already beaten it.

Well I dont think so:

As some have already alluded to in the thread, class mission bonus experience will have no effect on Makeb. Technically speaking, the missions you will be going through in Rise of the Hutt Cartel are planetary arcs, etc. and are not classified as class missions.

Thanks!

-eric

Planetary arcs should be available without having completed the story.

Edited by atschai

What you're asking is sort of like if I hit the last prestige level in Call of Duty on one of my xbox accounts and then complained to MS that they wouldn't just give me the top prestige level on my other account because I had already beaten it.

haha what? :rolleyes:

I'm not asking for them to allow me on Makeb without being 50 or something, I'm only curious what the requirements for Makeb are.

I'm only curious what the requirements for Makeb are.

As far as we know the only requirement is level 50.

There are no class story missions on Makeb, so it should not be necessary to complete a class story.

You don't have to finish Alderran to start Tatooine. Why would you need to finish Illum to start Makeb?

:cool:

My operative healer has been lvl 50 for months but his class quests are at lvl 37. I leveled through PVP because I hate how Bioware sets up the quests and I just wanted a second raid toon.

I have no desire to go back and finish the story but I shall if it's required, which I don't think it will be.

I just got my Gunslinger to 50 a few days ago, in the middle of questing on Corellia, due to the double experience weekend. I went to Fleet and got her free Tionese gear, then parked her to work on my Sentinel, who I was also hoping to get to 50.

That's why my newest 50 isn't done with Chapter 3 yet.

At this point it doesn't look like I'll have enough time to level cap the Sentinel before 2.0 hits, so I think I'll settle for just getting through Chapter 2 so I can have all the class buffs. That'll free up some time to wrap up my Gunslinger's story and maybe run through Ilum, too, just in case.