The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sick of Biowares attitude.

Yes this will be a bit of a rage post. But who cares, If a dev reads it it's all worthwhile.

To start things off I'll just state how pissed off I am that the developers can't even implement a minor patch without massive consequences. I for one can't even open my launcher, Endless other people have this problem aswell. With the spamming of 'only one launcher can be run at once', Looking around the internet for a fix i noticed people complaining about this when you had previously patched the game way back in 2012. Do you never learn from your mistakes? Obviously not, Since the game has pretty much been flop after flop. Massive drop in subscribers here and a massive drop there. And not only that but people are crashing, people can't log in.

Is it that hard for you to test a patch before putting it straight to live? You've obviously worked around these problems before. So why not do that before you release it?

And not only that I am downright pissed and annoyed at what is coming with the expansion, I certainly won't be buying it.

What do we get? 5 new levels. 5? Really? only five? 1 new planet. Coor. Just drooling at the thought of it. Oh and low and behold each class now has 1 extra skill! daaaaayuum. But along with all of that ****. You know what's pissed me off the most? The talents.

Now. Looking at the old and new talents do you know what I see? I see a bored developer spending 5 minutes re-arranging them. You're taking the easy road with everything. I look at my Jedi Guardian and sentinel. And I just see how I'm forced into going a full 50 points in any spec to at least have a decent character. Not very diverse is it. Not very synergistic at all. I see you guys making a half arsed attempt at balancing pvp by giving us the most bland and boring talents ever. And still. All of us who want to stay at 50 suddenly have to spend more of our talents to get that top rank skill. which is just being moved up. You're really doing a **** job aren't you. And not only that. You're not even balancing things. you're buffing focus on both jedi sentinel and guardian and effectively nerfing the others from what I've seen, When even as both those characters being my main I can see that the focus tree is by far the strongest.

So you're effectively forcing us to go into one tree now too. And not only that. Look at the difference between the talents with a Guardian and a sentinel. It's just rinse and repeat. Only the left tree is different. Nice to see you guys are really making an effort to give us some different and fun. It's no wonder you're doing terribly. I mean cmon, Look at rift, Even the secret word, They are adding content like ****. And making things interesting at the same time.

But hey, Even if you do suddenly change things around, which you won't. I'll only be playing until Elder scrolls is out. Because they're listening to their player base and adding major new content before the game is out, Because the fans want it. I expect they will change the Genre. And then you'll be ****ed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood this hatred towards EA. When I accidentally broke one of the cds of my The Sims 2, EA let me download that game from the internet for free. I thought wow, that's nice, since it clearly was my fault that the cd got broken, and then I come to these forums and everyone says how EA sucks. I really don't know what to think about this.

Sick of gamers attitude.

They can't make thread titles the way they used to, so now they make sensationalist whiney titles that I hope get deleted without further notice.

Edited by Hartog

In terms of class balance this game is basically at the point that WoW was during Burning Crusade. Since I doubt this game will perform a radical overhaul of its balance/combat system, just look to WoW for an idea of what to expect in the future like moving from skill trees to skill tiers ala MoP. There's a precedence found in other games for everything that develops in TOR which can be frustrating for experienced gamers but it's nothing to rage or be surprised over. If you don't like it that's fine, just take a break or quit. Edited by Projawa

And not only that I am downright pissed and annoyed at what is coming with the expansion, I certainly won't be buying it.

Your loss then.

What do we get? 5 new levels. 5? Really? only five? 1 new planet. Coor. Just drooling at the thought of it. Oh and low and behold each class now has 1 extra skill! daaaaayuum. But along with all of that ****. You know what's pissed me off the most? The talents.

Yes, 5 more levels for which you pay $10. This is not a full sized expansion but they are not asking us to pay the price of a full expansion. We are also getting an expansion relatively quickly compared to other games where people had to wait over 2 years for the first expansion.

In terms of class balance this game is basically at the point that WoW was during Burning Crusade. Since I doubt this game will perform a radical overhaul of its balance/combat system, just look to WoW for an idea of what to expect in the future like moving from skill trees to skill tiers ala MoP.

Hell, If this game is going towards wow I'm out right now.

And oh yea my bad guys, I'm whining for a completely invalid reason such as not even being able to log in to the game I pay to improve? Sorry that my money is helping you low lifes get the low life satisfaction and tiny standards you so desire from a half arsed game. If I pay my moneys worth for 14 ounce Ribeye steak. I don't want no *********** big mac and chips coming back to me.

Well... I'm not sure about their attitude. I mean, milage varies, but all seems to be on the up and up for me.

Memory leak fixed. No crashes to desktop so far. No launcher issues here.

The xpac is great by all accounts from those who tested and have seen it. The cost was minimal relative to the play value. New story new story, new HMs, new Ops, new gear, new skills, and additional gaming mechanics via the seeker droids... it all sounds great. I'll reserve final judgement but I must say I like what I'm hearing and seeing.

So... vent if you must but it seems like we are in the throws of much needed improvements and content updates. There will be some pain associated with change, but it is welcome as the game expands and grows.

Edited by Rafaman

why, or why are people so stuck at the number 5? why is 5 levels only such a big deal, why does it look like not big enough number exactly?

only 5...

do you know how LONG will it take to finish Makeb? have you actually played it? no, don't say pts, pts only tested end game stuff, you hit a button and you were instant max level it had no indication of how long those 5 levels would actually last.

lets take that other mmo. average price of expansion? $39.99 what has it been getting the players in the last 4 years or so? 5 (there's that number again) FIVE new levels (and that's the game where max level is nearly double of SWTOR's without those expansion) a single continent or equivalent of thereof, couple of small group adventures (flashpoint equivalents) and a single operation/raid. the only other thing you get is new species or new class and since unlike SWTOR - there is not distinct separate reaching all the way to max level story - I'm not sure it qualifies as justification for the other $30 dollars you are charged. and no, I'm NOT counting overhaul of existing content in that price, because you get it whether you buy expansion or not - same as with SWTOR.

so 5 levels and only a single planet (which has already been shown to be at least 5 times the size of other planets currently in SWTOR) is a very odd thing for me to focus while trying to claim that expansion is overpriced or something.

as for class changes being boring, unimaginative and effortless? THAT is entirely an opinion. its not a fact, its not objective, its YOUR opinion. you are welcome to it, but just don't claim it to be an irrefutable fact.

in before biodrone accusations.

I'm not happy with a lot of direction bioware seems to be going in, with SWTOR. until the change to planetary coms to have no weekly limit, I came this close to letting my subscription lapse (because as someone who enjoys leveling alts, original weekly cap would have drastically reduced just how much I could play a week and stay appropriately geared through quest rewards). at this point I still don't know if I'll keep subscribing, keep playing once I played through all the stories that I wanted to.

but. some of the complains that show up here seem to be a bit... much.

last but not least "I'll only be playing until Elder scrolls come out?" brace yourself for a disappointment, honey. no game EVER lives up to hype and unrealistic expectations of the fans who are looking for that one game to trump them all. I'm sure its going to be a good game. if Bethesda manages to whip their quality control department into shape and squash more bugs then they usually manage with their single player titles? it may even be a great game. but I doubt it will be a messiah of MMO's that people like OP think it will be.

But hey, Even if you do suddenly change things around, which you won't. I'll only be playing until Elder scrolls is out. Because they're listening to their player base and adding major new content before the game is out, Because the fans want it.

Yeah and what happens when you realize that ESO is just yet another MMO, and yet another grind? Because you will hit that wall.

ESO isn't going to be "it" it's not going to finally be that MMO that you've been waiting for all this time. It's going to be a game that you've already played and will eventually get bored of.

I expect they will change the Genre. And then you'll be ****ed.

Lol no it won't.

Does ESO still have quests like collect X of these and kill X of those? Then guess what it's not changing anything. When a developer can do an MMO without resorting to that or gigantic open environments that aren't filled with a bunch of empty space then you'll see the genre move forward. Everything released/stated about ESO thus far has made it out to be an MMO *** MMO.

In order for the MMO genre to have any sort decent refresh, it needs to take a break for awhile, or be re-evaluated completely.

Chances are that going forward we will have more online RPGs than MMOs. What I mean by that is that the "massive" part is going to go away and you'll see things that are similar to MMOs but smaller in scope. The inbetween state of a smaller game like Phantasy Star Online and a gigantic game like WoW.

But hey, Even if you do suddenly change things around, which you won't. I'll only be playing until Elder scrolls is out. Because they're listening to their player base and adding major new content before the game is out, Because the fans want it. I expect they will change the Genre. And then you'll be ****ed.

You do realize that when a game is launched all content in the game is major new content - kinda like all the content in SWTOR in December 2011 was major new content because it was a new game. And as others have mentioned, ESO will not be changing the genre, any more than GW1 changed the genre, any more than Tabula Rasa changed the genre, any more than Rift changed the genre, any more than The Secret World Changed the genre, any more than GW2 changed the genre. The only thing that will change is that ESO will be called a GW2 clone rather than a WoW clone.

Edited by BJWyler

Yes this will be a bit of a rage post. But who cares, If a dev reads it it's all worthwhile.

To start things off I'll just state how pissed off I am that the developers can't even implement a minor patch without massive consequences. I for one can't even open my launcher, Endless other people have this problem aswell. With the spamming of 'only one launcher can be run at once', Looking around the internet for a fix i noticed people complaining about this when you had previously patched the game way back in 2012. Do you never learn from your mistakes? Obviously not, Since the game has pretty much been flop after flop. Massive drop in subscribers here and a massive drop there. And not only that but people are crashing, people can't log in.

Is it that hard for you to test a patch before putting it straight to live? You've obviously worked around these problems before. So why not do that before you release it?

Now. Looking at the old and new talents do you know what I see? I see a bored developer spending 5 minutes re-arranging them. You're taking the easy road with everything. I look at my Jedi Guardian and sentinel. And I just see how I'm forced into going a full 50 points in any spec to at least have a decent character. Not very diverse is it. Not very synergistic at all. I see you guys making a half arsed attempt at balancing pvp by giving us the most bland and boring talents ever. And still. All of us who want to stay at 50 suddenly have to spend more of our talents to get that top rank skill. which is just being moved up. You're really doing a **** job aren't you. And not only that. You're not even balancing things. you're buffing focus on both jedi sentinel and guardian and effectively nerfing the others from what I've seen, When even as both those characters being my main I can see that the focus tree is by far the strongest.

So you're effectively forcing us to go into one tree now too. And not only that. Look at the difference between the talents with a Guardian and a sentinel. It's just rinse and repeat. Only the left tree is different. Nice to see you guys are really making an effort to give us some different and fun. It's no wonder you're doing terribly. I mean cmon, Look at rift, Even the secret word, They are adding content like ****. And making things interesting at the same time.

Patch worked fine for me, no problems with the launcher.

Maybe the issue is your computer, or your ISP was giving crappy service when you were downloading, or you did something like maxing out your C: drive while you were downloading or something?

To say "Why didn't you test this?" just because it didn't work for you and a handful of people is really pretty pathetic in terms of a tactic. If it was happening across the board, and led to a rollback or a new emergency maintenance, then yeah, you might have a point.

But in my case, it worked fine. Obviously, it wasn't specifically the code that had an issue, or I'd have a problem logging in too.

Good luck in the "Next Awesome Game" that inevitably becomes another gripefest. I wish you all the best.

Because they're listening to their player base and adding major new content before the game is out, Because the fans want it. I expect they will change the Genre. And then you'll be ****ed.

I love MMO Jesus, hope ESO works out better than GW2.

I've played a lot of mmorpgs in my day. One of the best mmorpg expansions that I've ever played for one of my all-time favourite mmorpgs is Mirkwood exp for Lord of the Rings Online. Yes, it only increases the lvl cap 5 levels from Mines of Morias 60 to 65. What was great about that though, is you'd see people still doing lvl 60 content and hadn't got the expansion yet and doing lvl 60 raids and you oculd help out as a lvl 65 and still get some worthwhile rewards and enjoyment out of it.

I gurantee you almost anything, that lvl '55' players in SWTOR that are working their way through sm denova will be able to do say ... Denova on NI difficulty and still be reasonably challenged. Why do I mention this? To an extent, the amount of pve content in a game thats enjoyable is the amount of content that's both fun to do and has some challenge.

In a game like "Wow" that gives you say 10 levels per expansion, you often find yourself not wanting to do any old content. Especially prior to 'transmogification' or whatever they call their cosmetic system. I mean, when you have WOTLK bosses in lvl 70 raids all tuned towards characters with 2k-5k hp and you run it with a group from the following expansion (cataclsym) where you all are lvl 80 and each character has 25-50k hp and do an entire lvl 70 raids worth of dmg, there's no challenge and thus imo no 'fun'. So there's often only one 'raid' at the start of an expansion that has 10 lvls added in each expansion b/c nobody wants to do old content.

Did you ever see people in full Black Temple gear during the Burning Crusade go back and do lvl 60 content from vanilla wow? No.....rarely. Full wotlk players go back and do BC content? No....rarely. Thus early on in some expansions, like wotlk there was literately only '1' raid to do....and not even a new-raid at that (See: 9 months of Naxxaramas before Ulduaar's release). I know for myself, I had full naxx gear in little time and sad around bored to tears doing my daily heroic but actually unsubbed for about 3 months before Ulduaar b/c I was so bored of WOTLK's '1' raid. Ditto with Cataclysm and its '1' raid worth of bosses divided into '3' raids of the same difficult for marketing/advertising purposes. "CATACLSYM IS ALL ABOUT RAIDERs. CATACLSYM HAS 3 RAIDS AT THE START NOT LIKE WOTLK. LOL. JK. YOU'LL FIND THAT OUT AFTER YOU BUY IT!. SAME NUMBER OF BOSSES BUT WE SAY 3 RAIDS B/C EACH RAID IS TINY AND NEVER MENTION THE NUMBER OF BOSSES IS EQUAL TO WOTLK'S NAXX WHICH PPL HATED and UNSUBBED b/c LACK OF PVE CONTENT".

Lastely, those expansions I complain so much about lack of PVE content? wotlk/cataclsym... both costed me $49.95. An expansion I enjoyed much more b/c I was still able to enjoy the old-content from Mines of Mora, mirkwood cost me $19.95

The cost of Hutt Cartel for me as a subscriber? $9.95.

TL;DR. 10 lvls makes old-content too easy and no challenge making it not worth doing. 5 lvls allows it to be some what challenging and slightly worth doing. Secondly, its dirt cheap. Go see one movie, boom you've spent twice as much as this entire expansion and I guarantee you, you'll get more entertainment hours out of this expansion even as free to play then you would from seeing a movie.

I've played a lot of mmorpgs in my day. One of the best mmorpg expansions that I've ever played for one of my all-time favourite mmorpgs is Mirkwood exp for Lord of the Rings Online. Yes, it only increases the lvl cap 5 levels from Mines of Morias 60 to 65. What was great about that though, is you'd see people still doing lvl 60 content and hadn't got the expansion yet and doing lvl 60 raids and you oculd help out as a lvl 65 and still get some worthwhile rewards and enjoyment out of it.

I gurantee you almost anything, that lvl '55' players in SWTOR that are working their way through sm denova will be able to do say ... Denova on NI difficulty and still be reasonably challenged. Why do I mention this? To an extent, the amount of pve content in a game thats enjoyable is the amount of content that's both fun to do and has some challenge.

In a game like "Wow" that gives you say 10 levels per expansion, you often find yourself not wanting to do any old content. Especially prior to 'transmogification' or whatever they call their cosmetic system. I mean, when you have WOTLK bosses in lvl 70 raids all tuned towards characters with 2k-5k hp and you run it with a group from the following expansion (cataclsym) where you all are lvl 80 and each character has 25-50k hp and do an entire lvl 70 raids worth of dmg, there's no challenge and thus imo no 'fun'. So there's often only one 'raid' at the start of an expansion that has 10 lvls added in each expansion b/c nobody wants to do old content.

Did you ever see people in full Black Temple gear during the Burning Crusade go back and do lvl 60 content from vanilla wow? No.....rarely. Full wotlk players go back and do BC content? No....rarely. Thus early on in some expansions, like wotlk there was literately only '1' raid to do....and not even a new-raid at that (See: 9 months of Naxxaramas before Ulduaar's release). I know for myself, I had full naxx gear in little time and sad around bored to tears doing my daily heroic but actually unsubbed for about 3 months before Ulduaar b/c I was so bored of WOTLK's '1' raid. Ditto with Cataclysm and its '1' raid worth of bosses divided into '3' raids of the same difficult for marketing/advertising purposes. "CATACLSYM IS ALL ABOUT RAIDERs. CATACLSYM HAS 3 RAIDS AT THE START NOT LIKE WOTLK. LOL. JK. YOU'LL FIND THAT OUT AFTER YOU BUY IT!. SAME NUMBER OF BOSSES BUT WE SAY 3 RAIDS B/C EACH RAID IS TINY AND NEVER MENTION THE NUMBER OF BOSSES IS EQUAL TO WOTLK'S NAXX WHICH PPL HATED and UNSUBBED b/c LACK OF PVE CONTENT".

Lastely, those expansions I complain so much about lack of PVE content? wotlk/cataclsym... both costed me $49.95. An expansion I enjoyed much more b/c I was still able to enjoy the old-content from Mines of Mora, mirkwood cost me $19.95

The cost of Hutt Cartel for me as a subscriber? $9.95.

TL;DR. 10 lvls makes old-content too easy and no challenge making it not worth doing. 5 lvls allows it to be some what challenging and slightly worth doing. Secondly, its dirt cheap. Go see one movie, boom you've spent twice as much as this entire expansion and I guarantee you, you'll get more entertainment hours out of this expansion even as free to play then you would from seeing a movie.

Great reply! Thanks for posting this. Really puts this expansion in perspective vis-a-vis WoW.

Oh no! We lost another one guys...

Oh wait, we just gained 20 more...

Peace.

I love MMO Jesus, hope ESO works out better than GW2.

Conaidering how it would take a lot more effort to turn out worse than GW2 than no to; I'm pretty confident ESO will be great. Although, I *was* pretty confident about GW2... Hmm.