More Huttball and More Huttball WZ Variants

DroidDreamer

I personally hate Huttball - it's just about mobility and cc, not pvp. But I have nothing against them making more maps andd more games like it so long as we someday get a choice on what we're q'ing for.

yes please

capture the flag (no ability use while you carry the flag, but you can set it down)

king of the hill

relic run (guild wars 1 style)

many things are better than current swtor where you

go cap a node

leave 1 guy on the offnode and everyone else fights somewhere else

To this day, I find Huttball to be about the best instanced pvp map found in any MMO, and I while there are certainly people who hate it, I think Bioware missed the boat big time when they didn't develop Huttball into an intramural type of "sport" with multiple maps, teams, brackets, etc.

Though, I suppose realistically speaking, they don't have the manpower to do so. Still, such a missed opportunity, imo.

What we need is a huttball only Q where it takes 16 ppl that q'd up (whether group Q or not) and splits them up randomly (so splits up groups too). This is what Huttball is supposed to be and it would make for extremely fun huttball matches and I would spend 90% of my SWTOR time playing Huttball if they did this.

Also, many people that don't like huttball really don't like it because of the lack of premade matching along with the ability to change specs. If you face a halfway decent premade they will spec healer/tank and have a major advantage against your pug no matter how horrible the premade players are skillwise. With this kind of Q they would likely be split up and it would make for much more even matches.

Merc is actually pretty awesome in huttball. If you position well and keep aware of the leapers then you can drop ppl really fast. It is really the only zone that arsenal is better than ptech-lite. I'm still not even full wh on mine and I usually do very well in huttball. Almost as well as on my MM sniper most of the time.

I like huttball with certain characters. With my tank assassin? Sure, I can carry the ball, run near the ball carrier and guard and taunt or stealth my way forward and wait for a pass. My sage? Pulling ball carriers forward is so much fun! :D I've even had a couple of nice matches with my mara, when there was enemies dumb enough so I could jump at them as the ball carrier and score easily after that.

But every time someone passes the ball to my level 22 operative who has no speedboosts and no defensive cooldowns.... Well, there's better be someone I can pass to, because I'm going down, fast.

So, if they do more huttball maps, I'd like them to separate the huttball line from other pvp altogether - because I really don't want to do that much huttball with certain characters. Though of course, if many people want to play only huttball, it would increase the queue time.

I would love to see more Huttball maps. I agree with the post above in that if they make more (say 3 or 4 maps all in all) they should separate the Huttball from the rest of the PvP maps (which would hopefully have grown by that point)

I have yet to play a class in which I was bored senseless in Huttball. By all means, some classes have a tougher time of it, but I think it's a case of finding your role in the game. (Eg not everyone makes a good BC, but are more suited for say, tackling enemy BC's)

huttball is the best. nobody has to stand around and do nothing. everyone gets in on the action.

Exactly same thought here.

This is an obvious idea but ROTHC... Perfect timing to weave a new HB-ish map into the game. The Hutts are getting a little bored watching the Frogdogs crush the Rotworms over and over anyway. :cool:

Edited by Joesixxpack

Imagine.

Huttball map based on Tat. Sarloc pit in the middle. Instead of Flames have sand people shooting and the trap area's. So many fun ways they could take huttball in the Star War Universe. I am likeing mixed team ideas. I would like to do some huttball with pubs on my side.

Throw in Sarlac pits, random-attacking Rancors, turrets (that agents/gunslingers can repair/operate and that stealths can disable), choke points, moving platforms and so on!

I'm actually going to start submitting tickets on nights where I play and don't get a single huttball match. That's the only reason I am subscribed to this game.

Imagine.

I am likeing mixed team ideas. I would like to do some huttball with pubs on my side.

Yes! Give the greatest WZ back it's uniqueness and make it truly neutral by mixing pubs and imps on the same teams.

Would making new maps even be that hard? Seems like one lone designer could produce several in a day's work.

Totally agree! Best WZ in this game by far, and there's only of its kind. Capture the flag type of game, or a ball game in a different environment would be reeeeeally nice. Edited by Neulwen