Question of the Day 3/28/2013

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, happy Thursday! Here is today's question of the day:

What are you most excited about for Rise of the Hutt Cartel?

Two way tie. The completionist in me is super excited for Legacy Achievements. I will be spending endless hours farming them for sure. The other half of me is really looking forward to beginning the journey to 55 and exploring Makeb!

How about you?

I'm excited about Server Transfers err wait a minute.....that's not in the expansion is it?

A troll post as a "first"? Dang..

I'm looking forward to the seeker droid minigame. I love the fact that we're getting an excuse to go back to the old planets like Tatooine again. I support more minigames/dailies that encourage us to visit old planets! :)

Oh.. and hearing some more VO from our player characters and companions!

I was super excited that Kalig's Countenance was being fixed to work with hoods.

But the last patch of the 2.0 PTS re broke it, after a year of waiting for it to be fixed.

But... Starforager and the Dreadseed sets look promising, and the Macro Binoculars.

Expect disappointment then, from what I've heard so far.

But I am looking forward to the story.

From what I've heard, there's a bit of companion VO, but not as much as the leveling experience... but it's definitely not non-existent.

I like a good story but I won’t go out of my way to check it out. I’m not interested in the fluff unless there is a fluff boss that needs killing or it will give me something I can use when running Hard mode/nightmare OP’s or in PVP.

I’m excited about the new rotation changes, the new flash points and OP’s that need to be cleared.

I love a good challenge (^_^)

New content. Spesifically, new story.

I hope there's some new non-crap armour sets too; the two bunches I've seen so far did not give me the impression the designers have heard us "loud and clear" however. But that's no biggie really, I've been able to find good looking armour in the "old" TOR for the classes I play as it is.

It's a difficult balance. On the one hand, I like the idea of doing new ops, flashpoints, and leveling on a new planet.

On the other hand, my characters will actually look the way I want them to, now. While somewhat dorky, my main's character will probably stay the same as I see it as a sort of 'classic' for myself, and his gear will probably not adopt any 2.0 pieces.

My sniper will utilize the full Makeb Imperial Trooper's white trooper gear set. Whether or not I'll have the head enabled or not, I'll probably turn it on and off whenever the mood strikes me.

Originally my assassin was going to be PvP DPS (and he was, for at least two months), but then he became a PvE Tank. Yes, thats right, a body type 1 PvE tank. So I will be changing him to body type 2, probably permanently respeccing him to both PvP DPS and PvE DPS, fixing the horns on his head, and getting him cool 2.0 gear.

My mercenary healer, while I currently do not enjoy him, is getting a massive personal buff from me. I'll be completely redesigning him, from his gear to his character creation values, remaking him to be the classic Malcolm from the Unreal series. The soldiers on makeb have this awesome floppy hat which is the exact thing Malcolm wears. I thought of him the second I saw the hats in the first makeb video. Apparently with champion rep we can get them. If thats the case, and they unify correctly, I'll be changing my merc into Malcolm, giving him that hat with the cartel level 43 Overwatch chest, and some other gear I haven't quite figured out yet (haven't taken a good look at what pants/boots/belt he should wear). Not only will this look totally cool out of combat, but in combat too. It just so happens that Malcolm's gear color is green, and so are merc heals. I still currently hate merc heals, but I may be fine if I'm playing an awesome-looking character.

My guardian, oddly, is a somewhat-RP toon. As long as I can grab a dang Columi Knight chestpiece before 2.0 hits, he's set for life. All I need is the standard tionese gear, the columi chestpiece, and a yellow lightsaber to completely this character's look. Maybe orange, not sure.

As for the juggernaut, he'll probably keep his inherritance gear with the destroyer head and purple saber. Not much else works with a body type 4 toon, and I love that character's look.

Suffice to say, gearing is what I'm most looking forward to in 2.0. So many new shells, I love it.