worst PvP ever

DravenKiss

I seem to do decent with my new 50's in WZ's with recruit gear. That's what it's for, to get you started. It's somewhat painful but big deal! Whats most fun about it is the whining from the "better than you's" that cry like their little peen's got stuck in their zippers when their mom pulled their pants up for them on the potty stool.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noticed while leveling an alt up through WZ's was that I went from level 45 to 48 in astonishing time during double XP.

I also then realized that I would not be full regular and ranked coms when I hit lvl 50 allowing me to immeadiately be in 5-6 WH pieces at the start of my first game.

As such I stopped playing him during the double XP times.

What needs to happen is folks to realize they need to be full com capped to be truly competetive.

Story in short my alt is now level 50. Full coms netted my BH, 4 piece WH set bonus, 17.3k health, 1250'ish expertise, 1800'ish main stat with buffs and a stim. My first match I was viable and contributed to the team.

its not the players. This double-XP weekend thing is great, but it has the unfortunate side effect of making people breeze through the 40-49 levels. This prevents them from adequately storing comms to be able to buy their complete WH set right off when dinging 50.

What? You do know there is a cap on "War Coms" right, something like 2,750. To top it off, you cannot purchase any of the War Hero gear until you ding level 50 with the War Coms. So please tell us how it is possible to be fully geared in War Hero when you hit 50. Just the main weapon alone is 1,550 War Coms, not to mention the off-hand and some of the other pieces.

What? You do know there is a cap on "War Coms" right, something like 2,750. To top it off, you cannot purchase any of the War Hero gear until you ding level 50 with the War Coms. So please tell us how it is possible to be fully geared in War Hero when you hit 50. Just the main weapon alone is 1,550 War Coms, not to mention the off-hand and some of the other pieces.

Its called legacy gear

Its called legacy gear

I do have multiple 50s and do provide almost a war hero set to an alt waiting to hit 50. I did not want to buy wz medpacks as people are always selling them for credits (why do people do that anyways. To me it makes more sense saving them but whatever) so I buy wh gear as my mains are full min/maxed. I just don't want to go through the few days being in recruit. However I do not have any problem with people in recruit gear. They at least are trying. It is those with 41 greens in 50 wz that I see lately that is disconcerting. Yes I know there have always been those players, but it seems people don't get the free set equipped or FTP does not have the credits. lately with double xp. Think it is the experience of some that may be the bigger issue, tdm in huttball, sending 4 to the near node in civil war off the bat etc. I did see an alt Mara in full recruit gear hit 500k plus dmg in a void star pug with no pocket healer once. But I suspect he was a top player as he carried the guild tag of one of the top pvp guilds.

This Double XP weekends is sending more peeps with Recruit gear into WZ's. There is no interest in actually playing the game, just so-called farming during every senario. I can not play a single WZ without 6 or 7 noobs ruining Huttball, Hypergate, or VoidStar. They do even realize with a WZ win more WZ comms come thier way. Is there anyone out there interested in actually playing in a WZ, if so When can we get a group formed? If you are below 19k, do not respond. :rak_02:

Blaming players for lack of any sort of a matchmaking system and WZ variety is unfortunate.

I take issue not with players in recruit, but with players who have absolutely no idea about wz mechanics at 50.

like the dude who told me on novare with the game 12 - 8 on our favor that he allowed himself to get capped because we had already won.....

I mean if at 50 you have no idea about how the very short list of wz we have work? or simple math for that matter then it's something nobody can help you with. I want to have fun not make people learn math....

I am going to hit 50 with my final storyline this next weekend and I wanted to avoid WZs so I could enter a 50 match with valor rank 1.....just to aggravate folks like the OP. I couldn't resist and entered some lowbie WZs yesterday with a friend. Damn! lol

"Grats on 50" is probably the only negative comment I've received regarding pvp gear on a new 50. If folks are making a reasonable effort to wear recruit and work up from there, and know how to play, my folks never have a problem with them. On the other hand, I do like landing 8k smashes with my marauder who has under 19k health.

weekends are always full of people that dont pvp much apart from on the weekends, who arent very geared or experienced. At least from what i've found.

Yeah, any decent PvP is during the week.

What I see in warzones lately has been quite disturbing.

1) When people die, they're not rebuffing

2) They're not using warzone consumables

3) They're not using stims

You can't expect to win if you're not putting forth any effort. In any given scenario of a 4v4, and 4 are doing the above and 4 are not, the 4 that are doing the above will win every time. Though I will be honest it is quite hilarious to see a WH sent guarding a node, and when he loses to my merc pyro in a 1v1.

On the other hand, I do like landing 8k smashes with my marauder who has under 19k health.

I was wondering when someone would point out that min maxed wh (except ewh weapons) with below 19k hps is stronger than at very least the vanilla wh, and arguably the vanilla ewh gear with more health.

Tons of fun leveling alts this weekend but, man, was it pugger hell. So many scrubs with no clue and very bad attitudes. Not getting the basics of tactics for a given WZ or not knowing our class is cool; hell, I was still learning my new class. But the crappy attitude that bristles against any suggested coordination... It was for the lose again and again.

Yeah it's been bad lately with the dbl xp weekends and f2pers making 50. At times you go into a wz and there are 4-5 recruits in it. :(

And it's the weekend anyway, which only bring the worst PvPers out, at least on Pof5. Friday is usually the worst quality PvP, with Saturdays only being slightly better and only after 10pm pacific for me, after kids go to bed.

I don't think I'll quit but it makes me want to. Just quit for a month or so until 2.0 comes out. It's very difficult to enjoy PvP right now.

Edited by Monterone

Wait. Is blaming people being in recruit gear the opposite spectrum of blaming premades? Can I logically use the same point yet opposite argument of how everyone complains about being grouped with recruits but never seems to remember how much they win by going against recruits?

Just found it maybe a little ironic is all. :D

Wait. Is blaming people being in recruit gear the opposite spectrum of blaming premades? Can I logically use the same point yet opposite argument of how everyone complains about being grouped with recruits but never seems to remember how much they win by going against recruits?

Just found it maybe a little ironic is all. :D

Nope it's true, it's the same argument. :) Which illustrates the point that recruit gear ruins it for this game, whichever side it's on.

2.0 can't come fast enough for gear and expertise changes! This last month will be painful if you try to enjoy PvP during it.

I grped with another friend in ewh and we face rolled their entire team to oblivion due to the large number of undergeared pugs. Really depends on the match though and if the other team has a couple more geared ppl than ur team, u do get screwed quite a bit.

It is actually quite easy. I've done it on 7 characters now. At 40, start hoarding wz comms. When you reach close to the limit, turn them into ranked. When you ding 50, you should have maxed ranked AND maxed regular comms. Now use regular comms to buy the main gear/weapon. Then you can either spend ranked to get the EWH relics/ears/implant, or the weapon, or you can trade in the ranked for regular comms and fully gear out your toon.

On some classes, I prefer to get the EWH and 3-4 pieces of WH, then use recruit for relics and pieces you are missing until they are replaced. On other classes, i convert the ranked to regular to get full WH. Its a waste of ranked comms with conversion rate, but on some classes, its better to get full WH sooner to be competitive. Other classes can handle some recruit gear and still do decent, and i'll go after the ewh weapon on those classes.

Wait. Is blaming people being in recruit gear the opposite spectrum of blaming premades?

For me it's the crappy attitude that sucks, not the gear. Recruits can't help but be where they are at in the gear grind, though it does suck to have more than one recruit in anyone given match. It's nice that the improved 2.0 Bolster system will help with that.

For me it's the crappy attitude that sucks, not the gear. Recruits can't help but be where they are at in the gear grind, though it does suck to have more than one recruit in anyone given match. It's nice that the improved 2.0 Bolster system will help with that.

Nobody hates the people who are wearing the recruit gear, they can't help it.

It's the actual gear that ruins the warzones, and they are fixing it in 2.0 but we're screwed til then.

They should just do a quick patch on expertise now, and make it equal for all levels of PvP gear. If recruit gear in its current shape had 1390 expertise and just lower stats, it would be more fun for everyone.

Edited by Monterone

Nobody hates the people who are wearing the recruit gear, they can't help it.

It's the actual gear that ruins the warzones, and they are fixing it in 2.0 but we're screwed til then.

They should just do a quick patch on expertise now, and make it equal for all levels of PvP gear. If recruit gear in its current shape had 1390 expertise and just lower stats, it would be more fun for everyone.

Yup. The gear divide is a lot better now with the stat differences between WH/EWH though. We just gotta hang tight for April 9!

who cares if there are players with recruit gear..

If they suck they are probably bad to begin with anyhow. Also, if you don't like it you can always bring along 3 other friends so that you are sure to have a few good players on your team.

I think OP is one of those pro bolster people, that are actually here to make recruit gear look bad, it's not the recruit gear it is the player. Nobody in their right mind would make this sort of post, unless they have another motive driving it. I think I may have hit the nail on the head with this one.

I just leveled up my sin to 50 and to make a point of it, I played with full recruit gear, and still carry the team. So, stop crying about recruit gear, the difference is almost negligible.

And yes, i do have other toons with full ewh or half ewh and half war hero. Besides that you can easily have almost full war hero gear when you hit level 50 by just saving your comms. Full war hero gear is just as good as ewh gear really, because the stat difference is so low.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

Yup. The gear divide is a lot better now with the stat differences between WH/EWH though. We just gotta hang tight for April 9!

That's not going to make a difference the bads will still be bad.

You can actually be a decent player in recruit gear if you know how to play your class. All bolster is going to do is make pve gear more viable for pvp, and you will be forced to go raid for your superior weapon.