Duels

RayGonJinn

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They function exactly the same though. Either way, I'm with whatever Urd decides. Also, I would prefer we move this to the Saturday or Sunday, as opposed to Thursday. I would like to come on Thursday, but I can't exactly tell my Calculus students, "Sorry, I have more important things to do!"

People don't though, cybertechs have superior grenades to non-cybertechs.

Same can be said of someone who has rakata stims or medpacs. Sure you can grab an exotech stim, but you can't get the same hp boost as you would in a rakata medpac, which can be helpful for some self healing classes that rely on a percentage of their overall hp. Everything should be on the table in these duels. It isn't fair to discriminate against a certain crew skill. These duels should be everyone employing whatever fair tactics they can to win. The way I see it cyber tech is no different from biochem. If you want to disqualify one crew skill, might as well do them all IMO. But then that would change the unique nature of each competitor. Let people fight on their terms, anything that is usable in a warzone at least. :)

They function exactly the same though. Either way, I'm with whatever Urd decides. Also, I would prefer we move this to the Saturday or Sunday, as opposed to Thursday. I would like to come on Thursday, but I can't exactly tell my Calculus students, "Sorry, I have more important things to do!"

Tell them you have a galaxy to save. :rak_03:

Saturday night I can make it. I can usually hop on about 8pm cst. Sunday this week is a no go for me though. But that's just me. I don't expect this to be decided on my availability alone. :)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I'm sure they wouldn't mind :p

Melli, you need to learn to differentiate your students more and integrate them into the game, maybe they will offer a partial solution to your problem and will compliment you very well.

Just try not to transform the PVP landscape :)

Edited by bsbrad

My personal stance is I don't believe grenades should be used. My only reason outside of the obvious advantage cybertech users have is that this is a class v. class dueling tournament. Grenades brings an additional aspect to the duel that wouldn't be there in the first place. Biochem however does not because it is passive stats. Just makes us all hit alot harder =p.

At the end of the day I use grenades in ranked PVP and have a nice supply of them so depending on what Urd decides I'll be prepared.

Same can be said of someone who has rakata stims or medpacs. Sure you can grab an exotech stim, but you can't get the same hp boost as you would in a rakata medpac, which can be helpful for some self healing classes that rely on a percentage of their overall hp. Everything should be on the table in these duels. It isn't fair to discriminate against a certain crew skill. These duels should be everyone employing whatever fair tactics they can to win. The way I see it cyber tech is no different from biochem. If you want to disqualify one crew skill, might as well do them all IMO. But then that would change the unique nature of each competitor. Let people fight on their terms, anything that is usable in a warzone at least. :)

Tell them you have a galaxy to save. :rak_03:

Saturday night I can make it. I can usually hop on about 8pm cst. Sunday this week is a no go for me though. But that's just me. I don't expect this to be decided on my availability alone. :)

We could always just throw out biochem enhancements as well, in this case the rakata medpack.

The Rakata Stim stat booster for an hour is something you use in any warzone and is just like part of your stats and you figure that in with your characters gear. If a cybertech wanted to use their grenade why not? They don't have the Rakata Sim and that should be useable as they put points into that crew skill. The Rakata % booster is not useable in warzones so that should not be allowed for that reason

An exotech stim is something that has to be bought or made and isn't a bound item there for should not be allowed as it's not part of your character same with pvp med packs or the damage reduction stim.

The majority of the players at the duels will likely be 99% biochem there is a reason for that in that it's the best personal stat gain through crew skills out of any crew skill.

Rakata medpacs are worse than warzone

Rakata stims are worse than exotech which are 25k. If you can't afford one, go do 3 Ilum quests

Cyber tech grenades are better than regular grenades

Which is why I have a problem with grenades, and it's very difficult to tell the difference from a warden's view point

I'm Biochem and you won't be able to tel because I will have an exotech stim and warzone medpac

Most of the ones for grenades are cyber techs themselves

Edited by Riggz

Urd Why don't you just decide which grenades we can all use and then have a supply of them and trade people a grenade before the duel. Then everyone has the exact same thing. Surely everyone is trust worthy enough that they will use the one given them.

I think 1 pvp medpack/exotec stim is fair you should need 4 items to win a duel If it were up to me I'd have no med packs or stims. Run your class as is and lets see who's better not let's use a grenade then medpack then damage reduction adrenal.

There is just more room for cheating the more things you allow with the buff's and debuffs you won't notice a surge adrenal being mixed in and I believe stealth can use them without breaking stealth. so good luck watching them. They could use it pop from stealth blast someone and the buff will be gone and none of you would know any better.

I would just keep it basic use a stim before the match starts and may the best player win.

Call me old fashioned but insisting we use grenades is something I'm strongly against. My main argument against their use is that I'm here to see who can best utilize their given class, not the best at using grenades. A single grenade can make or break a fight. Sure you can argue that they're used in warzones, but this isn't a warzone, it's a one on one duel. I do believe grenades have their strategical uses, but personally, I feel there are many here that aren't as experienced at their utilization. Myself included. I'd hate to lose a match due to being outmatched on grenade placement. If grenades are allowed, count myself out.

*Edit: Biochem adrenals can't be used in a duel. Also, if someone were to bring extra exotech stims to the tourny, I'm sure you could make a few credits *hint hint*. As far as biochem is concerned, I'm not one on the character I'll be playing with, but I'm fairly positive they hold no advantage over the use of warzone adrenals/medpacs and exotech stims.

Edited by DarkIord

Call me old fashioned but insisting we use grenades is something I'm strongly against. My main argument against their use is that I'm here to see who can best utilize their given class, not the best at using grenades. A single grenade can make or break a fight. Sure you can argue that they're used in warzones, but this isn't a warzone, it's a one on one duel. I do believe grenades have their strategical uses, but personally, I feel there are many here that aren't as experienced at their utilization. Myself included. I'd hate to lose a match due to being outmatched on grenade placement. If grenades are allowed, count myself out.

*Edit: Biochem adrenals can't be used in a duel. Also, if someone were to bring extra exotech stims to the tourny, I'm sure you could make a few credits *hint hint*. As far as biochem is concerned, I'm not one on the character I'll be playing with, but I'm fairly positive they hold no advantage over the use of warzone adrenals/medpacs and exotech stims.

This

Lots of people have told me that if grenades are in they are out.

I dont see why people need to rely on grenades in the first place. Whats next we get to use a companion aswell?

It should stricly be class vs class. Stims and healthpacks i understand, but grenades are uneccessary considering most people dont use them as part of their rotation for 1v1s. Grenades are used to lockdown healers or protect objectives.

If grenades are allowed some peeps will have to learn to use them effectively just to have a chance at winning. Healthpacks/stims are pretty straight forward.

If we do choose to use nades it should be decided early so guys/gals can practice using them in 1v1s prior to the tourny.

Edited by Bellumpvp

I dont see why people need to rely on grenades in the first place. Whats next we get to use a companion aswell?

It should stricly be class vs class. Stims and healthpacks i understand, but grenades are uneccessary considering most people dont use them as part of their rotation for 1v1s. Grenades are used to lockdown healers or protect objectives.

If grenades are allowed some peeps will have to learn to use them effectively just to have a chance at winning. Healthpacks/stims are pretty straight forward.

If we do choose to use nades it should be decided early so guys/gals can practice using them in 1v1s prior to the tourny.

Right now grenades are banned and will probably remained banned