Duels

RayGonJinn

Give me LOS, or give me death!

Oh, who am I kidding, I don't duel except when playing with spec and I expect nothing more than to die.

I WILL SMITE YOU ALL WITH MY HEALS.

*cough cough* That's out of my system now. I won't be dueling, but I might come to fraps this. Only because the last BSR event was awesome and fun.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then PVP gear is useless and its about who had adrenals and BIS PVE gear. That wouldn't work. Illum is the best pvp zone since at least its not free for all. Limited risk compared to outlaws.

I actually hope sevrow does come. I rather enjoy our fights.

Ill be on in about an hour or two Wrex. Ill hop imp side before pub, so ill hit you up on whichever I find you on.

And I hope we don't have sore loser. There's no shame in admitting defeat, and when fought between similarly skilled opponents class duels tend to be close anyways.

Sounds like a plan Stan

If that is the case then I agree with you that we need to host this in a PvP area and Ilum would be the best case. The only concern I have is when you have a jug flagged and a guardian flagged. They'll appear as Red to one another. Even though there will be a countdown on the duel timer, One can get a headstart by leaping earlier, and I believe that would give them an advantage. We would have to work something out with that, or go with the honesty factor and tell them to leap when the timer is off.

The best place to do it would be under the dome in central, ilum. Just make sure everyone agrees that during the tournament it is neutral ground, regardless of how you feel about each other. You might want to just have a group of people there as security to deal with any trouble.

Oh, who am I kidding, I don't duel except when playing with spec and I expect nothing more than to die.

*cough cough* That's out of my system now. I won't be dueling, but I might come to fraps this. Only because the last BSR event was awesome and fun.

Psshhh I'm the worst duelist on sever and I'm going to duel on all my toons.

Here is my reason...

Btw thanks for the shout out jaddis its much appreciated :D

and fraps of each duel for the champion spot would be AWESOME :D

Sounds like a plan Stan

If that is the case then I agree with you that we need to host this in a PvP area and Ilum would be the best case. The only concern I have is when you have a jug flagged and a guardian flagged. They'll appear as Red to one another. Even though there will be a countdown on the duel timer, One can get a headstart by leaping earlier, and I believe that would give them an advantage. We would have to work something out with that, or go with the honesty factor and tell them to leap when the timer is off.

Just have them start the duel at 40m.

The best place to do it would be under the dome in central, ilum. Just make sure everyone agrees that during the tournament it is neutral ground, regardless of how you feel about each other. You might want to just have a group of people there as security to deal with any trouble.

I'm going to have some people who don't wish to duel and that I trust as wardens. Any disputes, problems, etc. is dealt with by the wardens and they have the final call.

Right now the wardens will probably be

Urdnought

Desa'llan'atuno

Barex

I'll try to get around 6 wardens.

Just have them start the duel at 40m.

That is what I was thinking tho I couldn't remember the range for duels.

I'm going to have some people who don't wish to duel and that I trust as wardens. Any disputes, problems, etc. is dealt with by the wardens and they have the final call.

Urdnought

Desa'llan'atuno

Barex

You can add me to that list if you want. I will probably be there recording anyways.

40m isn't necessary. If a player can't wait til the timer is finished to leap then simply start again. The information text will let you know if you've interrupted the duel. It actually requires more luck this way as you can't spam the charge as with same faction duels.

Well that problem was solved much easier than I thought it would be

The best solution is the simplest solution

Alternatively -- have them start the duel right next to each other, back-to-back. Almost reminiscent of historical dueling (well, before the pacing countoff), and either duelist has to work for it to if they want to get a charge off.

That strikes me as slightly better -- otherwise, there's perhaps a bit too much RNG in terms of who gets their charge off before the other; I would think the initial 10% dmg bonus for X seconds would be decisive in many close duels.

(Or maybe less RNG than "may the lowest ping win!" Not that I'm sensitive to this issue. With my 100ms lag. Nope. Not at all.

*weeps silently*)

Edited by stringcat

You can add me to that list if you want. I will probably be there recording anyways.

You can be if you want but wardens probably won't be dueling. I said I was dueling but I won't since I would just waste everyone's time watching me die.

You can be if you want but wardens probably won't be dueling. I said I was dueling but I won't since I would just waste everyone's time watching me die.

Don't be so negative, Urd. :confused:

It's never a waste of time to watch you die. :p

Edited by stringcat

Urdnought

Desa'llan'atuno

Barex

Depending on the time/day, I don't mind lending a hand in doing this.

Alternatively -- have them start the duel right next to each other, back-to-back. Almost reminiscent of historical dueling (well, before the pacing countoff), and either duelist has to work for it to if they want to get a charge off.

That strikes me as slightly better -- otherwise, there's perhaps a bit too much RNG in terms of who gets their charge off before the other; I would think the initial 10% dmg bonus for X seconds would be decisive in many close duels.

(Or maybe less RNG than "may the lowest ping win!" Not that I'm sensitive to this issue. With my 100ms lag. Nope. Not at all.

*weeps silently*)

That actually sounds like a good idea, for juggs at least as anni and watchman users will have 0m leap.

That actually sounds like a good idea, for juggs at least as anni and watchman users will have 0m leap.

Rule and regulation wise I think most our work will be devoted to the Warrior/Knight class due to the leap

Rest of the duels should be rather straightforward - might have some minor issues w/ stealth duels

I wont be dueling, I honestly don't consider myself a good duelist, I just try to keep people alive or kill stuff as fast as I can.

Rule and regulation wise I think most our work will be devoted to the Warrior/Knight class due to the leap

Rest of the duels should be rather straightforward - might have some minor issues w/ stealth duels

You might have a similar issue with vanguards and powertechs using grapple. At least thats how I would open up with, grapple and a stun.

Like I said it should be whoever gets the leap off first. But starting back to back isn't bad either, although it results in the same thing. The only issue would be if someone jumped the gun on the timer. I've done cross faction duels before and we always understood that once the info text says the duel has started, all systems are a go. Btw didn't see you on Wrex. :/

We could have a healing duel, first person to run out of energy loses :)

I will participate for the sake of getting involved in the community. It is a fantastic idea. I don't consider myself the best duelist in the world however I'll give it my 110% and hopefully put on a show for the very few who come watch this tournament!

Raygon vs Deyvon

Victory goes to Deyvon (Got the first leap & and you know what I said about that -_-)

This was the outcome

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/edwardx8/Screenshot_2013-03-22_02_10_51_562352.jpg

Had to post the screen shot of the outcome because that boy likes you use the term "I Destroyed You!" tellin from the health he managed to walk away with... Doesn't look like it to me.

this was my spec

http://youtu.be/kJtbGpdtz3k

The way I see it with the Knights/Warriors bracket. There must be 2 round fights. If you get the first leap the first fight and you win that fight then you have to be on the defensive and your opponent get the first leap second round just to make sure the first round wasn't a Lie and there is a clear cut winner between the 2 players.

Edited by RayGonJinn

Raygon vs Deyvon

Victory goes to Deyvon (Got the first leap & and you know what I said about that -_-)

This was the outcome

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/edwardx8/Screenshot_2013-03-22_02_10_51_562352.jpg

Had to post the screen shot of the outcome because that boy likes you use the term "I Destroyed You!" tellin from the health he managed to walk away with... Doesn't look like it to me.

this was my spec

http://youtu.be/kJtbGpdtz3k

The way I see it with the Knights/Warriors bracket. There must be 2 round fights. If you get the first leap the first fight and you win that fight then you have to be on the defensive and your opponent get the first leap second round just to make sure the first round wasn't a Lie and there is a clear cut winner between the 2 players.

Lol you posted the only close one, not the others.

Point is you still lost 2 (wouldve been 3 if not for a random pub trying to help you)

Duels in a row. I walk the walk breh.

UMAD? Lmao

P.S another one bites the dust ahaaa

Edited by Trixdope

He brought you that close, and he's playing on a MacBook with a track pad. Not sure if you want to brag about that Deyvon. The only dust that's gonna be around when I'm finished with you is your remains. I'm already bringing the broom for the sweeps, maybe Beatrice can bring the dustpan.

But I wonder, when I'm finished with you, will you have the juevos to post and acknowledge your loss as Raygon did? I think we both know the answer. Especially considering you keep giving me excuses.

Edited by PoliteAssasin